As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Well I didn't really use the right pane much anyway, so I guess this is no real change for me.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I wish the filters had all the functionality that Lorenzo Stanco's Steam filters do. In particular, I was hoping I could set a filter to NOT, and use that to create a dynamic collection without any VR-only games, to keep them from showing up in Big Picture mode when I'm streaming to the TV.

However, I was glad to see that the collections do show up in the filter list, and I was able to set up a manual list and have that available -- starting from all games, I filtered for VR, excluded any in the list that I knew had a 2D mode, and then removed all the VR games that remained. So that's better than it used to be.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The gamepass client really needs a lot of improvement, but the games on offer are so good I kinda give them a pass.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Figgy I appreciate that you took the time to make that, but stop and think about something for a second - if you have to create an enormous multi-image post talking about how the new update really isn't that bad than maybe it's not as isn't that bad as you think it is.

Or, with increased power and flexibility comes the need to actually learn how to leverage it, rather than just sticking your head in the sand and complaining about change.

This. And I was demonstrating that it's customizable, because lots of what I'm reading here is just ignorance because people are stubborn.

Were we not just talking about games that hide half their functionality behind menus and terrible tutorials?

My primary beef is the increased bandwith requirements

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    signature.png

Adventure Team.
    Ends Saturday.
    Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

Edit: Game code will be sent through Steamgifts when it ends.

No one has entered this, we deserve the punishments we get.

<snip> I think these are the same people as the one on my steam friends list. If not sorry for the @.

<snip>

What...is this? The Steam thread? I haven't been in here in a while.

You will regret summoning me!

Rule #1 of the steam thread. Never @ anyone here. Thanks @Spawnbroker !

41sw059deq2g.png

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Does Gamepass have it's own client? I've been using the MS Store and it's got a crap UI they keep changing the search filters for every other week it seems to make worse.

Steam took 3 tries to start today, so no improvement anywhere in this update!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Does Gamepass have it's own client? I've been using the MS Store and it's got a crap UI they keep changing the search filters for every other week it seems to make worse.

Steam took 3 tries to start today, so no improvement anywhere in this update!

There's a beta Xbox app that does Game Pass stuff. It's alright, definitely still in beta.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I’m gifting the hell out of someone soon. You know the rules, and if you don’t, you’ll find out. You’ve been warned!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I’m gifting the hell out of someone soon. You know the rules, and if you don’t, you’ll find out. You’ve been warned!
    What happens if you are the first person to post?

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

I believe rules were meant to be broken.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    CROSSCODE is a fantastically charming game but I've got the sneaking suspicion it's going to be a titanically massive, because it's still tutorialising me (and it's enjoyable, don't get me wrong!) well into the 2nd hour.

Couple this with getting some good traction with DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 on the Switch (what a technical marvel it is, too), and I hope I've found some very chunky RPGs to enjoy for quite some time.

But in addition to that, apparently I like downhill Bike riding games? I haven't ridden a bike in years but I suppose they were pretty fun. DESCENDERS and... What's it called, LONELY MOUNTAIN TRAIL or something, are both about going down mountains at your own pace so they claim but come on who among us are taking their time dawdling down these mountains? I haven't even been able to pass the first region of DESCENDERS because I can't be trusted not to max-speed triple-backflip the boss jump, overshoot the landing ramp by 100m and break every bone in my body, then do it twice more in a row and fail again and again and again. I don't care that I'm not passing, you can't just give me a massive downhill section, a gigantic ramp and not expect me to triple-backflip over a train. If not doing that is the price of victory, THEN I WILL NOT CASH THAT CHEQUE.

The other mountain trail one is like an emergent puzzle game because it's agnostic about how you get down the mountain in one piece, just that you do. It's all physics based so I would LOVE to see speedruns of it to see it exploited to help and back, but for now I'm content at the giddy thrill of going down ever-more dangerous trails and shaving time off my runs. Would appreciate a mod that goes CHECKPOINT like Daytona though, despite the chill and serene nature of the game

Getting the most out of Game Pass, eh? I'll have to check out those downhill racers.

The value of Game Pass feels like a crime. I'm also dabbling in THE OUTER WORLDS, THE MESSENGER, METRO EXODUS, FUCKING FORZA HORIZON 4, WHO EVER HAS TIME FOR GEARS 5 LET ALONE 4, WHAT IS THIS? SUPER LUCKY TAIL SURE ILL ROLL THE DICE WHERE DID MY TIME GO MY FAMILY MY LIFE I DIE

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

You're gifting exorcisms?

• Options
    Mass Effect 1 will always make me smile for giving me an A Team entry to the citadel

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

I can stop school you in slay the spire, so bring it Dover! Don't make me tutorialize at you!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I keep forgetting this thread exists

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Thats what bookmarks are for!

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    CROSSCODE is a fantastically charming game but I've got the sneaking suspicion it's going to be a titanically massive, because it's still tutorialising me (and it's enjoyable, don't get me wrong!) well into the 2nd hour.

Couple this with getting some good traction with DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 on the Switch (what a technical marvel it is, too), and I hope I've found some very chunky RPGs to enjoy for quite some time.

But in addition to that, apparently I like downhill Bike riding games? I haven't ridden a bike in years but I suppose they were pretty fun. DESCENDERS and... What's it called, LONELY MOUNTAIN TRAIL or something, are both about going down mountains at your own pace so they claim but come on who among us are taking their time dawdling down these mountains? I haven't even been able to pass the first region of DESCENDERS because I can't be trusted not to max-speed triple-backflip the boss jump, overshoot the landing ramp by 100m and break every bone in my body, then do it twice more in a row and fail again and again and again. I don't care that I'm not passing, you can't just give me a massive downhill section, a gigantic ramp and not expect me to triple-backflip over a train. If not doing that is the price of victory, THEN I WILL NOT CASH THAT CHEQUE.

The other mountain trail one is like an emergent puzzle game because it's agnostic about how you get down the mountain in one piece, just that you do. It's all physics based so I would LOVE to see speedruns of it to see it exploited to help and back, but for now I'm content at the giddy thrill of going down ever-more dangerous trails and shaving time off my runs. Would appreciate a mod that goes CHECKPOINT like Daytona though, despite the chill and serene nature of the game

Getting the most out of Game Pass, eh? I'll have to check out those downhill racers.

The value of Game Pass feels like a crime. I'm also dabbling in THE OUTER WORLDS, THE MESSENGER, METRO EXODUS, FUCKING FORZA HORIZON 4, WHO EVER HAS TIME FOR GEARS 5 LET ALONE 4, WHAT IS THIS? SUPER LUCKY TAIL SURE ILL ROLL THE DICE WHERE DID MY TIME GO MY FAMILY MY LIFE I DIE

I already finished Outer Worlds and I've paid 1 euro so far. I hope Obsidian got a good deal for their brand new great game - I don't care if I'm playing on Microsoft's dime but I feel a bit sad if Obsidian doesn't get their dues.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

I already finished Outer Worlds and I've paid 1 euro so far. I hope Obsidian got a good deal for their brand new great game - I don't care if I'm playing on Microsoft's dime but I feel a bit sad if Obsidian doesn't get their dues.

I'm confident they get paid for it.

That said, I got to level 15 or 16 or so in The Outer Worlds and got bored. Went back to other things. It just didn't hold up, unfortunately.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

Speaking of UI, Game Pass could use some improvements. At least a way to save a list of games I'm interested in would be nice.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but on Xbox, you can add any game on Game Pass--whether it's installed or not--to the home bar or a shortcut group.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

I loved CrossCode, but the later dungeons are a bit of a chore

Like, I'll play for an hour or two, then stop. Then come back to the game after a few days and have no idea which rooms I've already completed, or which way is forward, or what I'm supposed to be doing. Literally every time I start the game, now.

I'm contemplating just youtubing every room in the current dungeon so I can finish the game or....just stopping playing.

It's frustrating.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

They’re owned by Microsoft now, so they’re not counting game sales to keep the lights on, and I’m sure MS has some way to measure Gamepass playtime favourably for a first party studio.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Like, I'll play for an hour or two, then stop. Then come back to the game after a few days and have no idea which rooms I've already completed, or which way is forward, or what I'm supposed to be doing. Literally every time I start the game, now.

I'm contemplating just youtubing every room in the current dungeon so I can finish the game or....just stopping playing.

It's frustrating.

I'm open to playing a game until I've had my fill, so not toooooo discouraged to hear this. Will be worse if I end up really enjoying it though...

What's the biggest issue with being lost in the dungeon? Do mobs respawn?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    You can skip most of all the fights, which is a good thing! I actually loved the game until the last couple dungeons where I got lost. A lot.

Also I think the elemental overload on boss fights where only that element hurts the boss is also bad. Felt like I was fighting the cooldown more than I was fighting a couple bosses.

• Options
    Long ago, the cake was a lie, and "That would be your mother" had us in stitches

Now we argue over ui.

Which we did back then, so it's all good

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Long ago, the cake was a lie, and "That would be your mother" had us in stitches

Now we argue over ui.

Ur mum's a classy lady.

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    The new UI is dogshit, but all modern software design is dogshit. We've gotten to the point where there are no more significant features to add, so now there have to be regular "changes" made by engineers who are terrified to let their perfectly functional product 'stagnate'. These changes might make the resulting product worse than what it used to be, but it's acceptable to them as long as it makes the resulting product different from what it used to be. Change for the sake of change instead of change for the sake of real improvement*. Outside of the better visibility of updates to games the user currently owns I don't really see anything super useful in the new update except for "increased visibility" for games, which is Valvespeak for "Indie devs won't stop whining that their new release of yet another 2D pixel graphics sidescrolling dungeon game doesn't stand out in a storefront that currently has over 30,000 games available".

*See also: laptops, phones.

Alternately I might be a little rumpled because even in low performance mode the new update runs like shit on my laptop, where the previous version ran fine.

I'll chaulk this up to self-admitted rumbling considering you're rallying against store interface changes when there were no store interface changes.
    SteevL wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    My wife definitely doesn't seem happy with the new Steam design. She's been making use of Steam Family Sharing to play some of the games in my library, but now it appears that it integrates all of my games mixed alphabetically into her collection? That sucks.

There are all kinds of sorting and filters you can use. There's likely something that corrects that for you.

The new UI is very customizable. Almost every complaint I'm seeing here is easily corrected with a few clicks.

Get used to change in your web interfaces, folks. More websites are going to begin redeveloping as "progressive web apps" over the next while, and most aren't going to spend all that money/time just recreating their old site in the new framework. Companies have also been correctly designing with mobile first in mind, rather than desktop focused interfaces that shrink down or the now outdated "mobile version" of websites.

Change is brewing.

Well, there's nothing obvious in there that corrects the issue. There's no tickmark for "show only games I own" or anything like that. Maybe I'm missing something! I'm guessing they just didn't take into consideration what a user's 200+ game library would look like when their spouse's 1500+ game library was combined with it.

Aside from that, I'm personally mostly OK with the UI changes because it doesn't change much with how I use Steam. I don't like how it takes longer to scroll through my collection, though.

There is, but I can appreciate that it can be annoying to try to re-learn a UI you've grown to know for years. It's in there:

For your left pane:
    1. Click the filter icon next to the search bar near the top
    2. Check off "Installed locally" to only see games on that machine
    3. You can even make a "Dynamic Collection" from these filters so that your "collection" automatically updates itself as you buy new games. Want a local multi collection that you don't have the manually add new games you buy to it? Do it.

For your right window:
    1. Using the directions above, make yourself a dynamic collection for "Installed Locally"
    2. In the main window, create a new shelf that shows only that collection.
    3. I also change sorting to "Last Played" an minimize the shelf so it's less cluttered and shows me only games I've been playing lately. If I want to get into some deep cuts, I turn to the left pane which has everything alphabetically.
    I want to remove left panel, 'What's new', play and uninstall games with 1 click because it was convenient or actually perfect. How?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Now we argue over ui.

Ur mum's a classy lady.

She took an 'arrow' to the 'knee'.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Burtletoy wrote: »

It's frustrating.

I'm open to playing a game until I've had my fill, so not toooooo discouraged to hear this. Will be worse if I end up really enjoying it though...

What's the biggest issue with being lost in the dungeon? Do mobs respawn?

Non-boss mobs do respawn but you can get around most of them.

HLTB has the basic game at 31.5 hrs, which sounds about right. I have nearly double that because I'm trying to get all the treasure chests in all the zones.

I also found a speedrunner glitch that basically gives unlimited gold. It actually doesn't break the game because certain gear is gated, but it helps move things along.

I've also had moments where I forgot what I was doing, but I've tried not to stop mid-dungeon anymore. The dungeon and zone parkour puzzles are actually my favorite parts!

Mugsley on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Just one last quick update. They're still getting DDOSd but I collected a list of known donators from my donations received list. If you donated and it has not appeared here, let me know so I can follow up.
    AKAJaybay
    AnAlt
    Aumni
    Betsuni
    Bloodatonement
    CoolJammer00
    davidsdurions
    Destroyah87
    Dixon
    dresdenphile
    DRGCera
    drovek
    Elvenshae
    EvilMonkey
    Extreaminatus
    Fishman
    Iolo
    Isy
    Jubal77
    Karoz
    LD50
    Malakaius
    Muglsey
    Pixie
    Questor
    Squares
    StabbyStyle
    Sumanai
    Talus
    Teeman
    USAgent
    Viking
    ZombiePenguin

Edit - Updated 11/10/2019 11:20AM EST

Looks like Extra Life has gotten their shit together for the most part, so please check this list for your name and PM me if you have donated and it's missing. That being said, the new deadline for raffles is this coming weekend (Noon EST, Friday 11/15). If you would still like to enter, donate at least $5 to my extra-life page here.

Thanks everyone! <3

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1520/DEFCON/

DEFCON is only $2! I wanna play it! Everybody should get it!

It's dope!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Decided to buy River City Girls on a whim. This game is silly.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That games lingering pretty high on my switch wishlist, would love to hear what you think about it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

It's dope!

I bought it. Now quit hasslin' me!

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That games lingering pretty high on my switch wishlist, would love to hear what you think about it!

Still early in the game, but the aesthetic is great, and the actual combat is also good. If you liked beat'emups like Double Dragon and (obviously) River City Ransom, this will probably be your jam.

Edit: Also, the Soundtrack slaps

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

It's dope!

Running a multiplayer game over an office LAN at a time factor of 1:1 was one of the weirdest fun things I’ve done. Watching your nukes tick through the air in real time, dipping in and out during the day, has an appalling tension to it

• Options

It's dope!

Woo! Now everyone else buy it and play with me!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

It's dope!

Steam thread throwing out random impulse buys even thought there isn't a major sales. Grabbed Sundered earlier this week and now Defcon.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Total Warhammer II is dirt cheap at Humble right now. And even better if you're a monthly subscriber for the extra 20 points off.

What I didn't realize that would have had me buy this sooner is that all the factions and stuff you own from the first game carry over.

I was holding off buying II because I felt there was still life left in the first game first game for me.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    All the factions carrying over to Warhammer 2 makes Mortal Empires so good. I have everything bar the latest lord pack and the horizontal scroll for picking a Mortal Empires lord is ridiculous.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    It should be noted that if you do not own Total Warhammer 1, you do not get those races or the Mortal Empires campaign in 2.

It can take some people by surprise. Yet with 1 usually being cheaper, I'd advise them to grab that first. If they enjoy what they play, then jump on 2 because it makes a bunch of improvements.

You will want to install on a SSD for the load times though.

This discussion has been closed.