As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

1145146147148149151»

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    most if not all of my Freeguild models should be proxy-able for the new kits, although I'll have to rebase everyone which will be a pain in the ass.

i have seen some speculation/analysis on the preview images where people think the new basic infantry are still on 25mm bases, which would be great if true.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were on 28s. That seems to be the new base size for tiny models since it removes a lot of close combat shenanigans like models with a 1" range being able to fight in three ranks with careful positioning.

Amusingly enough in 40k if you had models inside of a transport that was surrounded by enemy models on 25mm bases (which were in base contact with the transport) than the models inside could still disembark by effectively "jumping over" the surrounding models (since you could be more than 1" away from them while still being within 3" of the transport). They changed it to wholly within 3" to fix that (unless you use a strategem), but RAW you can still do it if all of your models are also on 25mm bases as well (a 25mm base has a .98 inch diameter, which comes out to like .995" after taking into account the flaring on the base).

Its definitely a "That Guy" move, but I do have to admit that it was a hilarious "Surprise, motherfucker!" moment when my very smug friend used his GSC to surround my Rhino filled with Assault Marines.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    psfk2wcm7d4x.png
    The horror of Nagash is today's look back
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/12/40-years-of-warhammer-nagash-becomes-the-supreme-lord-of-the-undead/
    THe head in question in the article
    etgef67t0i9c.png

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Brainleech wrote: »
    [SNIP]

One thing I always like to bring up when pictures of the old Nagash model are posted is that it was on a big base. I think it helps the sculpt a bit when you realise that he's towering over other models.
    21st%2BOctober%2B2016%2B009.JPG

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    [SNIP]

One thing I always like to bring up when pictures of the old Nagash model are posted is that it was on a big base. I think it helps the sculpt a bit when you realise that he towering over other models.
    21st%2BOctober%2B2016%2B009.JPG

At its time, that Nagash model was beloved and an aspirational thing for any warhammer player to own. I never heard anyone say they didn't like it. It's just not up to par for a centerpiece model today.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/13/cities-of-sigmar-range-announcement/

Bunch of units are going away or are getting replaced in the Cities of Sigmar lineup.

My guess is that a good portion of those will end up in the Old World

edit: article says as much:
    Many of these aren’t gone for good, and will in fact be returning in due course under the banner of Warhammer: The Old World, as reinforcements for the High Elves, the Wood Elves, and the Empire.

honovere on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/13/cities-of-sigmar-range-announcement/

Bunch of units are going away or are getting replaced in the Cities of Sigmar lineup.

My guess is that a good portion of those will end up in the Old World

edit: article says as much:
    Many of these aren’t gone for good, and will in fact be returning in due course under the banner of Warhammer: The Old World, as reinforcements for the High Elves, the Wood Elves, and the Empire.

A lot of them should be able to be proxied for other CoS units, I imagine. E.g., they're getting a new mounted unit; does it matter if they're riding horses or demigryphs?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    All the high elf (infantry) units can probably be proxies as dark elf units that are probably staying in cities.

• Options
    I had my LGS order me a last minute box of Freeguild Guard this morning and then dropped $15 on 10 Freeguild Guard bodies from a bits seller on Ebay (the kit gives you enough arms for 10 sword/shield models and either 10 spear or pike models). I just saw they were out of stock on the webstore and my LGS wasn't able to order them in time, so I panic bought a box from a seller. I'm pretty sure the new Steelhelms kit will be at least $50, so its nice to get a few last minute infantry models significantly cheaper.

As long as you're not in a tournament pretty much any old CoS infantry model that is getting nuked (Freeguild or Aelf) can be proxied for the new models as long as you don't mind the weapons not matching the stats (which is less of a problem with sword and shield wielding guard I guess). Given GW's trend toward streamlining stats I feel like the Steelhelms will likely have a generic "melee weapons" profile to cover their swords/hammers/etc. Demigryph Knights will probably be comparably sized to Cavaliers. Pistoliers and Crossbowman should be fine as Fusiliers as long as you don't mind them not having a bigass shield in front of them. I don't know what I'll do with my Pistoliers or Greatswords, hopefully more new models will get announced and something will fit.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I found a local store clearing the last of their Sigmar stuff out at 25% off and scored an Eidolon of Mathlann. Got it together in record time just in time to field it in a game. Aspect of the Sea buffing Namarti Thralls to Bravery 10 while Mor'phann Soulrender resurrects anywhere between 4-6 a turn and a Thrallmaster leads them is just ridiculous.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I think I might be interested in Warcry.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    As you should be, Warcry rules! (Or, at least, it rules at the very unserious level I play it at, possibly there's some sort of hardcore tournament warcry meta out there that's awful, but I've never seen it.)

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Warcry is a ton of fun and super easy to get into and play.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Warcry is great. It's fast, brutal, and easy to learn. As a bonus since you're dealing with such a small amount of models its an easy buy in if you're a new player, plus you can go absolutely bonkers with model customization if you want to.

• Options
    Warcry 1E was a ton of fun and I bought a ton of stuff for it and then GW came out with a new version in like a year

Same thing happened to me with Kill Team

I no longer buy spinoff games

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Warcry 2.0 didn't seem hugely different than 1.0, but I came in with 2.0 so I'm not a great source on that.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    2.0 is extremely similar to 1.0, yeah, they basically just added the reaction abilities and cleaned some things up, consolidated the list building stuff that had been added over the course of 1.0, etc.

• Options
    It was more that I had so much money into it already and now I had to buy MORE!!!

Which I mean yes it's GW and to be expected but because there was so little time between releases for both systems and it was all around the same time I felt particularly burnt in that scenario.

But it's ok because now I'm obsessed with Sigmar and Idoneth so GW is still getting my funbux and I"m still having fun and man Sigmar is goooooood

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Wasn’t the More! with Warcry 2nd Edition literally just the rule book, as it contained all the updated cards and points?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Wasn’t the More! with Warcry 2nd Edition literally just the rule book, as it contained all the updated cards and points?

Im pretty sure Warcry 2 is entirely free online on Warcom the same way 40k 10th is?

The only thing missing is the narrative battles/story mode, which is entirely liftable from 1st

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So umm... maybe someone should make a new thread or something? You know, just for tradition's sake.

• Options
    Oh, look! It's the Ank-Sigmarpork Nightwatch with some doggos!
    tJM2wxj2r2mGMiXG.jpg

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Just needs a troll with a ballista that fires bundles of regular arrows…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Well, with "Baby's First Warcry" going up for preorder on Saturday and containing a collection of minis I love and want to paint and then this reveal I think that settles it for me. I'm gonna take Warcry for a spin.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    What is with the face on that dude's ankle

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I think it's a little friend?
    the guy with the big crossbow also has some little one eyed fishfrog thing hanging out with him.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    I think it's a little friend?

Wee Mad Arthur? He's mad!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Yeah, a lot of the new cities models have, like, little medival manuscript illustration-style critters as base decoration, there're some on the cavalry too.

If no one else gets round to posting up a new thread soon I can try and cook one up, but I won't have time until, like, tomorrow at best.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I totally had not noticed that before! It's like a fun spotting game!

Going back I've found a walking fish on the fusiliers and a snail dude on the cavalry.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I love stuff like that. All the various Nurglings, the fun little sea critters on the Idoneth sprues, it all makes me so happy

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    I love stuff like that. All the various Nurglings, the fun little sea critters on the Idoneth sprues, it all makes me so happy

The nurgling with his hands on his hips doing the Superman pose is my favorite little dude

• Options
    New thread's up.

I mostly just copied the excellent OP from this thread, with some adjustments now that we're, like eight years into the game or whatever. Try not to run this one to 150 pages I guess!

This discussion has been closed.