As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    cool cool, everyone in Iron Banner already is somehow 960+

I love being nearly 40 light down with a janky as fuck load out against real pvp loadouts

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Quest done and Iron Will armor got.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    cool cool, everyone in Iron Banner already is somehow 960+

I love being nearly 40 light down with a janky as fuck load out against real pvp loadouts

It is supposed to be an 'endgame' PvP mode, but I understand the frustration

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    You can still kick some ass, even if you're 20 or 30 levels down. You just have to play way more conservatively and stick with your team.

It's frustrating to need 3+ melees for a kill, but I'm still hanging in there and doing alright.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I've been playing at ~930 and I was top of my team for most of the last few matches I played.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Paired Revoker to my Recluse when I was trying to get SMG kills, and its super fun. Sniping is a blast when you can keep on missing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sitting at 925 and am winning more than losing. It's been super fun so far. When you do well, IB really showers you with prizes, doesn't it? That instant gratification is super nice.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Should I save my IB turn ins until I’m done with all my other powerful engrams for the week? Not sure how Pinnacle Gear is different from the engrams you get from the weekly challenges.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Should I save my IB turn ins until I’m done with all my other powerful engrams for the week? Not sure how Pinnacle Gear is different from the engrams you get from the weekly challenges.

Once you have all 950 gear (not factoring in the artifact), pinnacle gear is the only way to progress forward toward 960 gear. So, if you’re close to having all your gear at 950, save the bounties. If not, don’t.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Doing IB netted me 3 951s.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    My wife and I... played a lot of Iron Banner today.

24 wins and 8 losses, tho, so clearly it was a productive use of our day.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The entire 950 - 960 grind mechanic is enough to turn me off of caring about it. Whatever I get naturally is fine I guess, but it's not like your power is gonna be at some nice even number with the artifact anyway. There's no real reason for me to care. The weapons will be the only thing that might someday matter a little tiny bit.

Croaker on
  • Options
    I see a lot of people complaining about the power differential and flicking through my matches I do see a number of 757s and such but wow, the award goes to RageRabbit187 who put up a 1.08 K/D with a light level of ... 318? I uh, how is that even possible?

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Whatever adaptations they've made for sbmm seem pretty good for both solo comp and IB, but they're absolutely fucked for groups. Our usual group of friends averages between 0.9 - 1.3 lifetime K/D. Not terrible, but not amazing either. A couple of us have scraped our way to fabled for Luna's... once. When we play solo, things are decent. But we tried queueing together for IB, and we were just constantly getting matched against 4-5 stacks of Unbroken with Not Forgotten, followed by some of the most brutal mercy matches I've seen. I think the new algorithm seems to prioritize group size, as our 4-stack would always be matched against another 4-stack, our 5-stack against a 5-stack, etc. But there seemed to be zero accounting for the fact that a group of 1.0 chuckleheads might not be an even match for _TTV sweatlords, even if both groups were there same size.

• Options
    Yeah, it's interesting how things have flipped. Used to be solo Crucible in general was pretty much a crapshoot, usually resulting in failure. That being said it lead to situations where the team of 4/5/6 usually just smacking down and wiping the floor with the team of randos, so you got used to 6 stacks just being a constant win train all night.

Now it does feel like in general, going in with a group yields higher sweat per captia. Its a shame because it's usually fun to get the boys together and run some Banner, but at the same time it's like karma for all the times we've just gone in and mobbed people all night.

• Options
    I did not see a single group this evening that appeared to be a premade. The matches where we got crushed, everyone had different clan tags.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Well, did my first Iron Banner.
    And all i can say is that Saladin is no Shaxx.
    Can we have Shaxx comment on Iron Banner? Please?

• Options
    Huh, there's a new IB ship, got it randomly at the end of a match. Well, "new" is being nice, it's a ship style we've had for a year atleast with a big ol' tree on it. Cool? Bring back the space bus.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I got 91% Primeval damage during one round of Gambit. Are they going to nerf One Two Punch + Peregrine or just wait until the Season ends and not give the mod back that allows it for next season?

(Granted we had an 8x multiplier and it was the Meatball, but he insta-died when I finally hit him and it totally skipped two of his shield phases).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Garden of Salvation Round 2

7am PST Sunday

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1348192

Levels go up, bosses go down

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »
    The entire 950 - 960 grind mechanic is enough to turn me off of caring about it. Whatever I get naturally is fine I guess, but it's not like your power is gonna be at some nice even number with the artifact anyway. There's no real reason for me to care. The weapons will be the only thing that might someday matter a little tiny bit.

I very much think this is the point. 950 is, for all intents and purposes, the actual cap. Everything above that is basically a few bonus levels you can eek out doing the very highest level content but which are neither necessary nor supposed to be a big deal. Levels above 950 (sans artifact) are basically just a way to show yourself and other players "Hey, I've been doing some of the crazy shit in this game a lot". You are, I think, supposed to be running around at the end of the season like "Hey, look, my favourite weapon is 960!".

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I did not see a single group this evening that appeared to be a premade. The matches where we got crushed, everyone had different clan tags.

So what I noticed several times is that the pre-mades we came up against weren't necessarily from the same clan. So either they were just a group of friends across multiple clans or they had LFGd to get a group to pub stomp the shit out of people. I'd say about 70% of the time we came up against a 4 or more stack they weren't just a group of people across multiple skill levels - the were the sweatiest of the sweatiest. Unbrokens across the board. So, yeah, whatever matchmaking they have in place is severely adjusted based on groups to the point where you can get your shit pushed in frequently.

This was always the situation I kinda waffled on about SBMM in non competitive modes. In the past it was roughly a 60/20/20 split with no SBMM. 60% of the games were moderately decent non blowouts either way. 20% would be blowouts for you, 20% would be blowouts against you. It all seemed to work out decently in the end. Sweating my balls off to get a handful of kills in a match every match stops being fun very quickly.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Someone mentioned before that having the shaders in your inventory was the only way to preview them on your gear. I can definitely preview them from the collections tab. Doesn't work for ships or speeders, but for armor it does.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    fookin around with swords a bit more

there are atg cancels! the grounded heavy has a long hard to cancel animation and should probably never be used unless ur happy standing still waving ur sword around for 7 years, but aerial heavy has the same damage (and a long recovery by default - it locks out your lights) but...

if you boost cancel downwards into bigger mobs you stay sliding off the hitbox and can mash them up pretty fast because your feet hit the ground as you finish the heavy and you get to keep your sideways momentum which looks kinda fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BlRuKR4ME&feature=youtu.be

you can also go flying if there are mobs above you just because of the midair target acquisition radius which is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-vayP_0J0&feature=youtu.be

the most important sword property is that if u get the black forge sword with the radiance and put the blue and pink shader on it the radiance looks like bubblegum

i finally finished the fighting lion catalyst so gonna see how much handling we can get

you can also use the heavy attack as a jump - jump quickly heavy + jump again and you get normal jump height while also doing the heavy - you can then icarus cancel the moment the damage comes out and proceed as normal

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    It turns out that Escalation Protocol is great for farming the Riskrunner catalyst superconductor kills. Just let one of the thralls melee you and then go to town.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    0zuibepffatb.png

look at this bubblegum-ass glow if that isnt op what is

the game should let you choose a favourite colour then bias your shader drops toward that

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    That's a sword that means business.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    It turns out that Escalation Protocol is great for farming the Riskrunner catalyst superconductor kills. Just let one of the thralls melee you and then go to town.

It's good for any mass killing catalysts, I think.

I think I'll take the solar trace rifle next time, as I need a pile of kills with that.

Actually, I'm really short on glimmer, so I might run it for a few hours later, and catalyst grind while glimmer farming.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I just recently noticed this was free to play. Removed a couple of things from my Xbox and installed it. Been enjoying myself mostly. Of the stuff they dump on a new player who hasn't bought any content I am not sure what I should focus on. I was progressing through the planets but now I am just doing adventures, Lost Sectors and public events on EDZ.

Did a strike with a Warlock and spent the entire time wondering how poorly I was doing. Haven't tried Crucible or that other thing that includes PvP but I suppose some day I will give those a shot.

• Options
    Would anyone here like one month of Game Pass Ultimate?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Man when I started playing IB last night was just getting my taint kicked in, like swear lost 5 rounds in a row at least. But eventually started to adjust and do better. And hey this morning finished the pvp portion of the thorn, woot woot.

Also whoever decided to have parts of the IB quest be like cumaltive instead of just when you get it you are my best friend.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    My only problem with EP is that it really helps to have at least four. With three from the LFG I often find the DPS checks a real issue.

But EP is awesome for just racking up kills. Just non stop huge waves, it's pretty great.

Also, I saw folks using the lfg discord to organize some mountaintop cheese. Totes doing that this weekend.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Embarassing but expected: third place in Rumble...with 3 afk players. At least it's a quick way to complete weekly match count. I definitely think part of the issue is that I run auto/smg, and they just don't match up well to guys with quick reflexes and big single shot guns coming for me.

Hit 910 after some play yesterday and am finding it pretty pleasant to play solo thus far, even at soft cap. I always felt stuck on D1 in that regard. At the same time, I'm enjoying strikes more than I remember, so I may actually try and branch out and...ugh...talk to people to do some of the more interesting ones. They feel shorter, which is welcome to me. I much prefer drop in/drop out stuff, and these seem to require minimal investment in that regard.

I'm mostly just plowing bounties right now, which again feel very bite sized, and the season leveling gives me a fake sense of advancement, which is a nice touch.

Opened up Vex Offensive which I'm curious to try. The moon was kind of a dud for me storywise even though it was a bit nostalgic.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    moon weapon review:

I got the moon sword in my last session and it's a stick with a climbing axe on the end - 10/10

I got the sniper rifle and i think it makes a ghost noise when you shoot it - also 10/10

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    It looks like some IB bounties have rotated. Picking up more now.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    It looks like some IB bounties have rotated. Picking up more now.

I wonder why they've rotated, it isn't even daily reset yet.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    moon weapon review:

I got the moon sword in my last session and it's a stick with a climbing axe on the end - 10/10

I got the sniper rifle and i think it makes a ghost noise when you shoot it - also 10/10

It really amuses me that Eris' approach to making gear for Guardians fighting nightmares is to just duck tape whatever shit she can find together.

"Hey Eris, can I get a sword? I really like swords."

*Eris bustles about pile of moon junk, muttering about fingers like spiders on her brain*

"Gee, Eris. That's a... a stick with a climbing axe on it? Thanks...I guess? I'm certain that won't just explode into pieces the first time I whack the resurrected Phogoth."

Also the moon warlock bond is made out of what appear to be actual birds. Where do you even get birds on the moon to tape together?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    They're probably just daily bounties

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    They're probably just daily bounties

nope. weekly. the two new ones are 'Complete Matches' and 'Defeat opponents while having zone advantage'.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    moon weapon review:

It really amuses me that Eris' approach to making gear for Guardians fighting nightmares is to just duck tape whatever shit she can find together.

"Hey Eris, can I get a sword? I really like swords."

*Eris bustles about pile of moon junk, muttering about fingers like spiders on her brain*

"Gee, Eris. That's a... a stick with a climbing axe on it? Thanks...I guess? I'm certain that won't just explode into pieces the first time I whack the resurrected Phogoth."
    I mean hey, Eris knows how to make a potent weapon out of a burlap sack, so I'm not gonna say no to that climbing axe before I've given it a trial run.