Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Firion USB1? What. I knew these banners were bad, but they (thankfully?) made them worse somehow.

Horde until Synchros.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I’d wait until we learn more about XYZ soul breaks.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm a sucker for chances at a Holy Chain. Ill try that banner 1 for 50 Mythril Alex.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i got kelger's aosb which would be very good if i had anything but his lmr.

i wonder if his usb ever ends up on the anima shop, i'd probably pick that up.

AOSBs are perfectly fine for Torments at least. I finally got around to doing VIII over the weekend, and my strategy was basically "hit it with four AOSBs." (edit: yes, Kelger USB should be in the second wave/first update to the Anima Lens shop)
    38thDoe wrote: »

Firion USB1? What. I knew these banners were bad, but they (thankfully?) made them worse somehow.

Horde until Synchros.

Firion USB1 is an older code, but it checks out. It's not strictly worse than his USB3, although since it does en-holy you'd much rather use it for knight, where the USB3 is equally good at both Knight and Samurai.

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also Vaan USB1.

Water weak Odin seems harder to me than others because even though Rydia and Bartz AASB on element and Rikku or Tidus or Strago chain, none of them can imperil with abilities every turn. I guess neither does wind/earth but those guys don't barelement all the time.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    My best bet has been to have someone smack Kimahri with Powerchain to try and trigger his LM2.

It’s a shit situation, but it’s also the only element where I have even a one Awakening.

The closest other option is Dark, but Sephiroth runs out of actions, and the bardark is, if anything, even more aggressive. Also, Sleepja.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah Dark weak is awful. Awful. What team are you running against water weak? I am a fan of hitting Kimhari, but I'm not sure who I'd drop out of Bartz/Rydia/Tyro/Elarra/Rikku

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Currently:

Tidus: Chain, USB1 | Sapphire Bullet, Powerchain | +Weakness, LM1, LM2
    Bartz: USB1, BSBWa, OSB | Stormspell, Engulfing | +Water, LM1, LM2
    Kimahri: AWSB, BSB, USB | Aqua Corkscrew, Lifesiphin | +Spear, LM1, LM2
    Quina: USB | Entrust, Wrath | MM, LM1, LM2
    Elarra/Relm: USB | Curada, Dispel | DMT, LM1, Dualcast LM

Game plan has been to get Kimahri’s USB and Awakening up at the same time via an Entrust from Quina. It works for a while, but Kimahri is basically useless as soon as his awakened mode falls off. Which is around the time that the final phase starts and I need more damage than ever.

Would that I had Rikku’s chain. Then I could use a Tyro.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Do you not need wall on this one?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Wall is my RW.

I definitely need it, unless I can time Relm’s USB perfectly for a buffer of HP.

Savage Flare is terrifying.

This of course makes the final phase even worse; no Mage to add damage for my completely depleted team.

I dunno, maybe I can try to slow the initial part a bit? Let Kimahri get to his Awakening with Cyclone Bolt and Jumps, using it after a natural USB cast? Bartz’s damage is basically the same at all points, and I can try to use an OSB in the last second before the second Zantetsuken to survive it. Then I could maybe get Kimahri to keep his Awakening active later in Odin’s Script.

Unless I get hit with phase 2 Warp.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Looking closer at the banners
    1: hard pass. 5 dupes (Tyro USB3, Auron LM2, Elarra LMR1, Tyro LMR1, Auron Glint)
    2: 4 dupes (Bartz awakening, Vivi Arcane, OK Arcane, OK LMR2,
    3: 3 dupes (Golbez CSB, Sephiroth USB2, Garland LMR)
    4: 1 dupe, I think (Lightning Awakening)
    5: 4-5 dupes (Faris Chain, Vaan USB1, Cloud Glint, Penelo LMR, Faris LMR I think)

Basically looking at only 3 or 4 then, I guess.

• Options
    When does the fest start, and do we know how much myth to expect? I ask because I’m basically going to 0 each night for LOTROP.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    When does the fest start, and do we know how much myth to expect? I ask because I’m basically going to 0 each night for LOTROP.

Well, III is tonight, so... Thursday?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Today should also be the first of the lucky draws, Physical USBs. Tomorrow is Magical USBs and Wednesday is AOSBs.

I probably shouldn't pull but I most likely will.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm probably pulling on the Magical USBs. I'm stacked on great Physical USBs.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Another disco fake-out. Third copy of Luneth’s Arcane.

Likely to skip the luckies.

Enlong on
  • Options
    III: OK OSB dupe. Geez that's almost worse than an LMR pull. Oh well.

I did the Physical USB Lucky as I know I can't change my nature. Wol USB. Not a great pull and not the Wol relic I'd prefer (I would've loved his Bubsy), but it's new and a def/res crush, and much better than just the SSB I had for him. So, yay.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    III: Arc USB2, which is timely since Ark is the last 5* magicite on the wheel for me!

• Options
    Well, decided to stop slow-playing it and tried both Awakenings right from the start and got to phase 3 of lightning Odin.

Promptly died one healer in that phase is just woof, and I don't have the 99999 summon, and using THAT strategy, I can't really use the AASB I wanted to with the chain because it's basically just running out.

Alas.

• Options
    Decided I'm not doing any of the lucky draws, and the gift dungeon will be enough to do my one fest draw if I want.

11: dupe Curilla burst
    5: Gilgamesh chain, which... Great, but not super needed. My 4th chain in realm, and my second fire chain, but I should be able to make an ABSURD physical fire team now.
    4: Barbie enWind LMR
    3: luneth enWind LMR

No complaints on the draws, just nothing that helps with end comment (except maybe luneth with torment).

My Luneth now has: Unique 1, SSB, BSB, OSB, USB1, GSB, AOSB, LMR1. Only missing Unique 2, LMR2, and USB2. Well, until his Glint+ and Awakening come, but still.

• Options
    MVP letter:
    ■Fantasy Festival

The Fantasy Festival is chock-full of Awakenings and Chain Soul Breaks. Relic draws in the Fantasy Festival are updated every two days, so be sure to catch all of them!

Phase 1:

Awakenings for Tyro and Elarra debut, along with Chain Soul Breaks for Auron and Hope!

Duration: 5:00 PM 9/26 PST (1:00 AM 9/27 UTC) - 4:59 PM 9/28 PST (12:59 AM 9/29 UTC)

Phase 2:

Awakenings for Yuna, Onion Knight, and Vivi debut, along with the Emperor's Chain Soul Break! Duration: 5:00 PM 9/28 PST (1:00 AM 9/29 UTC) - 4:59 PM 9/30 PST (12:59 AM 10/1 UTC)

Phase 3:

Awakenings for Kefka and Garland debut! Also, Sephiroth's Awakening returns. Duration: 5:00 PM 9/30 PST (1:00 AM 10/1 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/2 PST (12:59 AM 10/3 UTC)

Phase 4:

Awakenings for Meia and Firion debut, along with Gogo (V)'s Chain Soul Break. Duration: 5:00 PM 10/2 PST (1:00 AM 10/3 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/4 PST (12:59 AM 10/5 UTC)

Phase 5:

Awakenings for Luneth, Penelo, and Vaan debut! Also, Cloud's Awakening returns. Duration: 5:00 PM 10/4 PST (1:00 AM 10/5 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/6 PST (12:59 AM 10/7 UTC)

■Relic Draw x40

At 5:00 PM 9/26 PST (1:00 AM 9/27 UTC), the free Relic Draw x40 will open. This relic draw can be used one time only, and guarantees you two 6★ relics!

■Autumn Festival 2019

Autumn Festival 2019 will begin at 5:00 PM 9/26 PST (1:00 AM 9/27 UTC). In Autumn Festival 2019, you can earn 30 Mythril and other amazing rewards from the Gift Dungeons, or use Feast Tickets to enter the Autumn Feast. With these and the other special events detailed below, you won't want to put FFRK down this fall!

-Battle Square

The Battle Square is an event featuring a series of 4 battles with extremely powerful foes. Earn BP as you fight. When you defeat an enemy, slot reels appear and apply a range of effects depending on the symbols you stop on. You can exchange the BP you earn for Anima Lenses, Artifact Stones, and other items at the BP Exchange.

-Turning Point Record

The Turning Point Record is a dungeon that features records of pivotal moments for heroes. Complete dungeons to earn Job Motes, 5★ abilities, Anima Lenses, and more as first-time rewards.

-The Ironclad Enmity

In The Ironclad Enmity, take on the Iron Giant (Transcendent), a foe both formidable and fast. Get a 6★ accessory and Anima Lenses as first-time rewards.

■Autumn Mythril Gift

In honor of Autumn Festival 2019, a gift of 10 Mythril will be sent to the Item Chest of all players! Duration: 5:00 PM 9/26 PST (1:00 AM 9/27 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/16 PST (12:59 AM 10/17 UTC)

■Autumn Login Bonus

Log in for up to 10 days throughout the bonus's duration to get gifts! 5:00 PM 9/26 PST (1:00 AM 9/27 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/16 PST (12:59 AM 10/17 UTC)

Login Bonuses:

Day 1: Stamina Potion x3
    Day 2: Memory Crystal III Lode x3
    Day 3: Mythril x10
    Day 4: Major Growth Egg x10
    Day 5: 19 of each Major Orb
    Day 6: 30 sets of 3★ and 4★ Motes
    Day 7: 20 sets of 5★ Motes (Spirit, Dexterity, Vitality, Wisdom, Bravery)
    Day 8: Lv 1 Anima Lens x100
    Day 9: Lv 2 Anima Lens x60
    Day 10: Lv 3 Anima Lens x35

■Wondrous Relic Draw

At 5:00 PM 9/25 PST (1:00 AM 9/26 UTC), the Gems-only Wondrous Relic Draw will open. After purchasing this one-time-only Rare Relic Draw x11, you may choose a bonus relic from a list of select Ultra Soul Break relics with Bravery Mode. This is your chance to get a relic you may have missed!

■FF VII Event

At 5:00 PM 10/6 PST (1:00 AM 10/7 UTC), the For Former Glory event will begin.

This event features memorable scenes of Yuffie. Yuffie's Awakening debuts in this event!

Yuffie's Awakening, Sublime Doom, deals fifteen ranged physical water, earth, and non-elemental attacks to one target, temporarily infuses the user with the power of water, and causes every second ninja ability used to trigger the follow-up ability Fleeting Life, dealing six, eight, or ten ranged physical water, earth, and non-elemental attacks to one target, depending on how many Mirror Image stacks the user has. On top of that, it increases the user's Cap Break Level by 1 and temporarily grants Awoken Ninja Mode. Using ninja abilities like the 5★ Reflecting Pool or the new 6★ Azure Unending to build up those Mirror Image stacks is a good way to trigger more follow-ups and drown the enemy in damage!

Also, Aerith's Awakening and 6★ Glint make their debut! With an amazing amount of healing, support, and recovery power, Aerith certainly has a place in any physical-attack party.

Please note that changes may be made without notice.

Folks seem to be talking about the lack of an XIV event, where we were supposed to get Yda and Y'shtola awakenings?

• Options
    Yeah, there was a Shadowbringers event that we apparently skipped that had Y'shtola, Yda and Alphinaud's AASB (repeat for Alph). I think it was right before the VII event, which was also the week before fest not after.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    How bad is powercreep if USB lucky draws aren't exciting.

I hate the phys/mag split, because it throws out all the useful healing and buff USBs.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    AASB's feel like they were a huge mistake. The difference with USB's is just too big. On top of that, they made them even more necessary by implementing those rage modes that require cap breaking.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Rage modes in general weren’t the turning point. The turning point was Odin’s version, which:

1: stacks up to 3 times, leading to a no-save instant kill if you don’t drop it below that.
    2: is constantly ticking up with each turn; you can’t time an Overstrike to make him waste Rage turns when he’s charged 1.
    3: can trigger multiple stages at once based on turn count or HP threshold, because fuck you for doing a lot of damage.

At least with stuff like Behemoth King, you had options.

Gonna be honest, Odin is a super disheartening part of this game. He makes me feel like my entire accumulated arsenal is basically worthless. Knowing that there’s gonna be an even harder Magicite fight series after him makes it real hard to want to keep up with things here.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Phys USB draw: Firon bubsy dupe. At least it's a +Ice hat?

Whomp whomp. Remember, gatcha cannot give happiness, it can only take it away.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Daily draw coughed up Vincent Awakening. Nice!

edit: just realized that's my first awakening that deals magic damage (excluding Orlandu, who really isn't built for it). Gonna see if I can work out a few more magicite autobattle teams.

Fry on
  • Options
    Baltheir LMR from daily draw. EnFire. Seems okay.

• Options
    First daily hit in a long while: Agrias SSB dupe. Ah well.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    idk, usbs are still good, but all usbs is too big of a field.

it's like near the end of bursts when ultras were still new, all bursts was a pretty useless lucky draw not because bursts were bad, but because half of them were old and not terribly useful.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    You had your Metamorphosises, but you also had your Blood of Esperses.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    idk, usbs are still good, but all usbs is too big of a field.

it's like near the end of bursts when ultras were still new, all bursts was a pretty useless lucky draw not because bursts were bad, but because half of them were old and not terribly useful.

Yeah this is a really good way to put it,

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm not quite sure what to make of the fest banners yet.

Banner 1 - No real interest. I have Tyro USB4; I feel like I don't need this stuff.

Banner 2 - Bartz dupe kills what little appeal the JP version had for me.

Banner 3 - Three dark awakenings and a gen 2 chain is tempting, but almost nothing else is even remotely usable. Sephiroth LMR2, maybe. Tough sell. I guess I'm in no real rush for dark tech.

Banner 4 - Orlandeau awakening and Firion USB1 are dupes, but...maybe? I and II are weak realms for me, I have no en-lightning awakening, and more magic water to accompany Rydia would be nice.

Banner 5 - I like the fat chocobo wind banner better. Hard pass.

I'll have to see how banner 4 stacks up against some event banners I'm thinking about and see how I feel.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I suppose that instead of getting disheartened by Odin, I should focus on positives. For example, my Magic Water team is now kind of bonkers with the addition of Strago’s USB. It no longer needs Meia and her Arcane to sub-30 Belias, instead adding Rydia with her Enwater Faithga. If it weren’t for the need to slap Belias with Power Break, I’d be willing to try and autobattle him for funsies.

• Options
    Third Minwu USB copy.

• Options
    Firion OSB.

That was a quick deflate from seeing disco. Lol.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ricard lmr dupe is top tier trolling

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Last three have been dupes!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    II: Emperor USB1 dupe

Lucky Magic - 5/11: Serah USB1 dupe, Matoya USB dupe, Krile USB3 dupe, Exdeath Bubsy, Strago USB

Well, 2 new relics ain't bad. Got a ton of stuff for Strago now, I should probably dive him. Krile is a +earth rod and Exdeath is a +dark heavy armor, otherwise more rainbow crystal fodder.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Got Emperor earth BSB. It sound disappointing, but I have both his LMRs. As a result, it literally cut 10s off my King Behemoth clear time. Woo?