Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I never played any past X. Most of my knowledge of it comes from Clueless Gamer and FFRK. Conan made it look pretty silly but that applies to everything he plays.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    oh, hopefully people are more positive on this thread than on the official FF one but man I loved FFXV. I'm loving the music and fights on this one. That DLC was really short but I loved seeing Cor.

Gladio is surprisingly chatty in this week's XV event. Not quite Ramza-levels of chatty, but close.

Since I haven't played XV at all yet, it adds a bit of color to that world for me.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh yeah he is! All the dialogue is lifted from his DLC.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Nothing real notable in my realm pulls yet, last night I did get Tifa's awakening, but it was a dupe. More earth armor is nice though.

Leeks on
  • Options
    Man I got incepted with the lucky draws and now I'm saving Mythril for them. I'm gonna finish my LOTR later.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Man, I’ve pulled so many times for VI, but there’s still a bunch there I could want. Terra dualcast, Strago chain, and Strago wake are in the top, but I would also like Sabin tech.

• Options
    Oh! New Chain types in the fest banner. Up to 100 hits but they cast instantly and grant lv 2 Elemental Damage Bonus too!

• Options
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    They are really going whole hog on "hero uses multiple elements" now as well. Noel gets water tech, Yuffie earth, Sephiroth Fire, etc etc. Some of those are getting those switch element relics as well.

Noctis finally gets some en-element relics as well so he won't be sitting out in the new meta.

• Options
    Terra as Wind is still funny to me. The only spells that could do actual Wind damage more than one time in a fight were exclusive to Strago.

• Options
    TBH, it's not the first time a character has switched around their elements. I kinda like how Rinoa is both Ice and Earth, Rydia apparently is Earth, Water or Holy and Squall is Fire and Ice.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Terra as Wind is still funny to me. The only spells that could do actual Wind damage more than one time in a fight were exclusive to Strago.

It's a Dissidia thing.

• Options
    I mean if it wasn't for Dissidia poor WoL and Cecil wouldn't have ANY moves at all.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

It's a Dissidia thing.

Oh I know, she has Tornado as an HP attack. She also gets Flood, which hilariously didn’t even exist in FFVI until the GBA remake.

The funny bit is that Tornado was basically Graviza, instead of a move that did Wind-element damage.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I seem to recall Cecil having moves in FF IV?
    And WoL doesn't actually exist so

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    8: Ultimecia enWind LMR

The only other thing I have for her is her enDark LMR. lol

Her Bubsy is pretty good and hits both elements, if you're looking for possible options.

Yeah, it's worth consideration, I was more chuckling at the fact that the only other relic I have for her gives something which literally can't be used at the same time :P

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I seem to recall Cecil having moves in FF IV?
    And WoL doesn't actually exist so

I mean he can cast White Magic, use Darkness and Cover people. IIRC, his SBs and relics have been lifted off Dissidia.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Stuff like Saint Dive and Dark Flame are Disssidia things.

WoL is indeed based on Dissidia’s interpretation of FFI’s Knight job.

Enlong on
  • Options
    You know what, now that I have my magicite physical teams moted up...it feels great just LDing people for funsies/torments/dreams.

Ignis, you're dive ready bro.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I haven't pulled on every LotR for several fests now... too many dupes in most realms. But I pulled on VIII, because I still feel short on physical Ice tech. Which is true, but dumb, because other dupes. So I got Laguna's Chain 2.0! One of the two items I wanted most (Squall AASB the other, obviously). By far the best LotR pull I've ever had.

Still need to finish four 5* Magicites. Comes from taking a partial break, logging in every day and finishing events, but few or no Lv300+ fights. But I'm getting back into the game, and pretty quickly went from only having done Lightning to having finished most of the 5* Magicites. Just Adamantoise, Syldra, Ark, and Deathgaze to go (and lots of Magicite farming to optimize decks). Rydia with AASB is DPS MVP, she caps in every single element. Every single element.

And now I find that Auto 5* Magicite is a thing? I've got Auto teams now for Famfrit (no AASB), Belias, and Madeen. Sure makes getting Arcana easier.

• Options
    I should really get off my ass and create an Auto 5* Magicite Team.

• Options
    edited September 2019

Yes. I'm happy to offer mine. All three are sub-30. Rydia's AASB is particularly excellent for 5* because of the party buff she provides. I assume she'll need a lot more sustain in 6* so that she can have a path to enough SB meter for an en-element SB.

Madeen auto party:
    Elarra dies at the end. I've only tried speed 1. RW is Fabula Raider.

Cid Raines Necro Countdown R4, 8705 HP, 620 MAG, 5* dive, AASB, moderate resist, 40% dark equip, much darkness RM
    Rydia Ultima Weapon R4, 7340 HP, 741 MAG, 5* dive, AASB, major resist, 40% dark equip (with Lv50 artifact dagger), much summon RM
    Elarra Allegro con Moto R3, 7828 HP, 600 MND, 5* dive, USB1, moderate resist, MM
    Tyro Mage's Hymn R3, 9885 HP, 346 MND, 5* dive, USB3, moderate resist, DMT
    Seifer Touched by Darkness R4, 9550 HP, 5* dive, Chain, moderate resist, TGM

Famfrit auto party (no AASB):
    Only works reliably at speed 1. No RW (maybe Fabula Raider also works?).

Prompto Plasma Shock R4, 8577 HP, 621 ATK, 5* dive w/ weakness LMR, Chain, moderate resist, 40% lightning equip (Lv33 artifact gun), MM
    Rosa 2xWrath R4, 7995 HP, 555 MND, 5* dive (no LM2), USB2, major resist, Ace Striker
    Lightning Flash Disaster R3, Ripper Bolt R4, 9330 HP, 633 ATK, 5* dive w/LMR1&2, USB1 and Glint+, moderate resist, 40% lightning equip, much weakness RM
    Sora Stormspell Strike R4, 9622 HP, 588 ATK, 5* dive w/lightning LM2 and LMR, ASB (not AASB), moderate resist, 40% lightning equip, much sword RM
    Tyro Spark Offering R3, Thundering QS R3, 9885 HP, 448 ATK, 5* dive with LMR, USB3, moderate resist, 40% lightning equip, DMT

Belias auto party:
    Works up to at least speed 3. Wall RW.

Rosa 2xWrath R4, 7995 HP, 555 MND, 5* dive (no LM2), USB2, moderate resist, Ace Striker
    Onion Protectga R2 (R1 better), Chain Waterga R4, 9360 HP, 623 MAG, 5* dive with LMR, USB3, moderate resist, 20% water equip, MM
    Rydia Lunar Leviathan R4, 7340 HP, 677 MAG, 5* dive, AASB, major resist, 40% water equip, much summon RM
    Rinoa Voltech R4, 8045 HP, 771 MAG, 5* dive with LM2 & W-BLK LMR, AASB, 20% water equip (off-element artifact dagger), much weak LMR
    Tidus Power Break R4, 9380 HP, 628 ATK, 5* dive w/ en-water LMR, Chain, 40% water equip, DMT

Daffydd on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I should make a Famfrit auto party one day.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Was inspired and created my first autobattle party for Lakshmi. I figured it'd be more difficult, so I was putting it off but this might make me actually do those battles again.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular

I should really get off my ass and do any 5*'s. I'm sure I can beat some if not all, but just can't seem to get the motivation to focus long enough to do it.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Belias auto party:

Rosa 2xWrath R4, 7995 HP, 555 MND, 5* dive (no LM2), USB2, moderate resist, Ace Striker
    Onion Protectga R2 (R1 better), Chain Waterga R4, 9360 HP, 623 MAG, 5* dive with LMR, USB3, moderate resist, 20% water equip, MM
    Rydia Lunar Leviathan R4, 7340 HP, 677 MAG, 5* dive, AASB, major resist, 40% water equip, much summon RM
    Rydia Voltech R4, 8045 HP, 771 MAG, 5* dive with LM2 & W-BLK LMR, AASB, 20% water equip (off-element artifact dagger), much weak LMR
    Tidus Power Break R4, 9380 HP, 628 ATK, 5* dive w/ en-water LMR, Chain, 40% water equip, DMT
    You said Rydia twice!

My Belias auto team is Rosa, Rikku, Rydia (AASB, AOSB, LMR2), Onion Knight, and Relm. Relm does almost nothing, but Rosa times her heals wrong sometimes so I'm stuck with her.

The party very rarely misses the 30 second mark if doublecast luck is atrocious enough due to everyone getting super dumb near the end (in a "let's recast all our buffs while the boss is at 2%" sort of way), but you can prevent that by turning off SB usage at around 23 seconds. It almost never happens anyway, though.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    VI dupe day: Celes USB2. It's an ice armor at least......but it's also my third? Fourth? Ah well.

• Options
    Oh ho! Very interesting result.

Strago USB: El Niño Breath. 10 water hits, Water Radiant Shield to the party, and Powerchain to the party.

First of all, this is a strong combo with his Enwater LMR, as it means I could use this before having to use Lore for Enwater. Second, this would make it easier to use Kimahri’s Awakening without needing to Entrust him, as a team with Strago wouldn’t need his USB for damage reflect. And of course, having Powerchain is always good.

I don’t know if this is gonna get Strago to supplant Bartz for Attempted Odin Team (the problem is getting enough MAG and ATK) but this is a very nice get regardless. Certainly it’ll be a neat trick for Belias bullying.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    VI: Kefka OSB! New 6* +dark bracer, which is definitely appreciated.
    Daily draw: Beatrix USB! Sweet!

• Options
    Oh, what if I use Sazh? His USB is MAG/DEF/RES, and Choco Chick is 50% ATK.

• Options
    I need to look up what all AASB look like. I keep pulling getting something that I think is an AASB. Cyan usb which look an awful lot like a dagger to me. Apparently it’s dual cast but meh samurai. I don’t have any of them honed and don’t really want to.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yay! Celes USB2! I had been pretty worried about not having a renewable source of en-ice on her for future-proofing. I think I now have every SSB+ Celes relic except her chain and BSB2.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Belias auto party:

Rydia Voltech R4, 8045 HP, 771 MAG, 5* dive with LM2 & W-BLK LMR, AASB, 20% water equip (off-element artifact dagger), much weak LMR
    You said Rydia twice!

My Belias auto team is Rosa, Rikku, Rydia (AASB, AOSB, LMR2), Onion Knight, and Relm. Relm does almost nothing, but Rosa times her heals wrong sometimes so I'm stuck with her.

The party very rarely misses the 30 second mark if doublecast luck is atrocious enough due to everyone getting super dumb near the end (in a "let's recast all our buffs while the boss is at 2%" sort of way), but you can prevent that by turning off SB usage at around 23 seconds. It almost never happens anyway, though.

Whoops. Meant Rinoa, wrong “R” hero. Fixed for posterity.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    More dupes, I think I've only had 4 non-dupes. I'll forgive the game if I just get Bartz aasb tomorrow.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    omg the 5th anniversary Medley is beautiful. Also I'm not surprised at all with the last songs they selected due to a certain upcoming game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-goK4Uu7wI

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Lightning SSB: Crushing Blow as my Daily hit.

This was the BEST tech with a Kaiser Shield for +20% Lightning about 4 years ago.

• Options
    Ooh, daily hit of Larsa’s Glint. Esuna and Astra on the whole party.

As if I needed more ways to say “Fuck You, Hades”, now Larsa can do it with a Glint. He might even be able to do an Entruster Role now.

• Options
    Half considering doing holy knife and sword artifact just to be able to shard a bunch of swords.

• Options
    First try deathgaze with new chain: 30.84s

Lightning USB3: good times with a gen2 chain.

And I just remembered I have pCecil's USB2 that I can use for healing instead of bringing a healer.

....I just need more assault sabers apparently? Yeeeesh.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I’ve done all sword artifacts and haven’t hit a problem yet.

Well and also an earth fist because I already had a sword for that.

And some rods.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀