As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh dear, I’ve forgotten how to make Elarra work without Entrust.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Got XIV torment to magic pixel.

Irony being that if I had actually bothered to master Y'shtola's meme USB I got yesterday I could have blinked Incubus Ultima and probably killed it.

:V

Are you losing a character before the last phase or something? The last phase is basically a victory lap.

Alternatively: can you squeeze in holyja on Yshtola?

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

Irony being that if I had actually bothered to master Y'shtola's meme USB I got yesterday I could have blinked Incubus Ultima and probably killed it.

Are you losing a character before the last phase or something? The last phase is basically a victory lap.

The last phase is a DPS race. You need to push out the damage to finish the fight before he can cast Ultima, or you lose. If your XIV damage is really strong and easily sustained, then yeah it's easy. If you're lacking even a bit, he'll run you over right at the end.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh dear, I’ve forgotten how to make Elarra work without Entrust.

Spamming AcM? Using TGC's RM?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

The last phase is a DPS race. You need to push out the damage to finish the fight before he can cast Ultima, or you lose. If your XIV damage is really strong and easily sustained, then yeah it's easy. If you're lacking even a bit, he'll run you over right at the end.

My XIV team I'm doing this with isn't using any USBs other than Minfilia. Unless Papalymo and Alphinaud are dualcasting every hit in the last phase, I'm probably not going to get enough damage in.

Maybe if I wait to re-cast my magicite until it's in this stage so the entry is in this part instead of earlier.

e: When I clear this, it will probably be over a minute. This is NOT a fast team. I lack any of the speed utilities for the realm.

Jragghen on
  • Options

I don't think I've ever seen round 6 of any phase 5 of any of the Torments, they just kill you too hard. Except for some of my early attempts against Ultima Weapon, where I was losing characters due to back to back Tank Purges. Hence the question

Tangentially related: Imperial Shadow does a ton of the Haste + ATK/mag buff ability, I ran my R3 enfeebling jitterbug dry.

• Options
    Double disco
    Dupe Raines OSB (+dark mag fist)
    Snow AOSB (+ice armor)

• Options
    yay! Cid Raines USB! Double cast dark.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    XIII: Fang Realm Chain

Dupe streak has been broken!

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Interesting.

Got Snow’s Glint+. Instantly hit 6 times with Ice and give the party Last Stand, without using any meter. Doesn’t give Snow Enice because they’re completely afraid of giving him an ice aura.

The use case for this is obvious; give the party Last Stand, without having to use re-chain meter on his BSB.

This will make Syldra smoother, and may be a reason to get his Radiant BSB at some point.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    another dupe. 3 dupes 1 new 6 1 new 5 so far. could be doing better.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Dual disco discombobulation: Nabaat Imperil USB, Noel ice chase USB

Previously all I had for either of them was their doublecast LMRs, so nice pickup in that regard. Not sure that I will be able to fit them in teams, though. Maybe Nabaat for Odin, she should be able to stack Imperils quickly enough to be helpful.

Fry on
  • Options
    Nabaat's is good. Her lm2 is imperil chance, too

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Dupe LMR for vanilla. So much for birthdays.

To put a positive spin on this post I’m really enjoying this bizarre Magikarp jump simulator game.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

That meme USB is honestly pretty useful for niche cases, when you absolutely must dodge something and regular blink/mblink/astra just won't cut it due to auto-hit.

Edit: 1/3, Hope OSB dupe. Bleh.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ok Dreams cleared. My...full FF2 team did not fare well. I tried using a Zidane+Faris combo and it wasn't cutting it either. Then I did this:

Seph AASB LS+Demon's Cross
    Seifer CSB Banishing Blade + TbD (got real lucky with his dual Darkness procs!)
    Minwu Curada + Haste USB
    Hilda Crit Song + Shell Song USB
    Leon MoD+Dread Weapon Infuse BSB

Leon was just there to up that chain number but he was actually capping really fast. And I got lucky and Seph Tranced and started capping. Man if I had his USB2 he would be even better! I'm thinking about picking up his OSB so I can spam it just in case things are alive after his AASB runs out.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm back into "fuck this torment" zone now. Could probably pick yda's USB and get it to work but I don't care enough tight now

• Options
    Surprisingly, I could field a decent enough II team for Dreams and didn't have to bring off-realmers. Hilda having Dance access is probably a big part of it.

• Options
    Huh.

Just realized we've gotten enough artifacts to get every elemental dagger.

Kinda considering just getting the remaining ones en masse.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Daily Hit... disco... Holy crap Vincent's Awakening!

Shame his legend dive is a little bit subpar - it looks like the Awakening does the same thing as his trance so it's redundant?

I assume his best physical loadout right now is machinist stuff, right? Until a 6* fire sharpshooter skill comes along?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I use Vincent as a Fire Mage.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »
    Daily Hit... disco... Holy crap Vincent's Awakening!

Shame his legend dive is a little bit subpar - it looks like the Awakening does the same thing as his trance so it's redundant?

I assume his best physical loadout right now is machinist stuff, right? Until a 6* fire sharpshooter skill comes along?

The Trance Awakenings are basically a way to extend the Trance mode the character already can get via legend dive. How useful the Legend Materia becomes depends on how fast you’re planning to turbo out the Awakening. It is still a free heal the first time you hit critical HP, though.

• Options
    II dream taken down (slowly) with a full II team, amazingly. 1:14.13

• Options
    Fran BSB dupe. Welp.

• Options
    Discoes on parade continues.

Vaan USB, wind, crit, and Chase. +Wind katana

• Options
    Fran BSB dupe. Welp.

Remember when that thing was like a super chase top tier relic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Options
    Larsa Glint here. Hey, I'll take an instant Astra/Esuna, sure.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Balthier USB some kind of imperil USB with every other machinist imperils again. Seems good, not sure how it stacks up vs mustadio USB. Or versus an AASB user vs Odin.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Fran LMR on the parade. Probably the most useful LMR in the realm for me - Fran is my physical ice chain and her base legend dive sucks.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    So not the chance to paralyze with a bow one then?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    dupe reks bsb, 4 dupes so far, 1 new 5* & 6* each. could be doing better here.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Well Balthier OSB. It's new. Wonder if I should shard it after learning it tho.

• Options
    In other news, all my 5* magicite are now max inheritance. And I've got 660 major arcana.

Need to figure out what to do next. Thinking a split atk/mag madeen?

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So not the chance to paralyze with a bow one then?

Ha no. The 3x fastcast one.

• Options
    Ooh, daily hit. Kelger's LMR for Earth aura at the start of a battle.

If I one day can get my hands on a dang Earth Chain, this could be really nice in combination with his USB.

• Options
    The top relic in the list is the dark steel basilard a relic I’ve gotten the last two lotr. But I can’t resist a chance at that AASB.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    The lists are in order by weapon type. Top item in V has been Bartz USB 1 for a while.

I used Lion USB plenty in my sub 30 clear of that Torment. Not that I'm saying anyone should be thrilled about drawing it, because it's not that great.

• Options
    Oh, neato.

Got Shantotto's LMR, for low chance to triplecast Witch abilities. That seems like something that will have a BIG impact if it ever actually pops off.

• Options
    hmmm a new one. Ayame OSB. Well, this is the first relic I get her and I need like some real dps outside of Shantotto in this realm.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Aphasia BSB, seems okay probably good to have a healer relic in each realm.
    Oh, neato.

Got Shantotto's LMR, for low chance to triplecast Witch abilities. That seems like something that will have a BIG impact if it ever actually pops off.

Yeah that thing is a ton of fun if her trance goes off and you have her usb or I guess AASB.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀