Options

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Still I am going to go farm the Dark Whelp before I go to Ony just so I can run around saying the whelps are on me help help!

If you’re on Ally Pagle they sell as low as 15G...

60 to 90 on Atiesh :(

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Just lost a roll on Dal Rends Sacred Charge (I have the OH already) to a hunter with barbarous blade. Fucking hunters.

• Options
    Just lost a roll on Dal Rends Sacred Charge (I have the OH already) to a hunter with barbarous blade. Fucking hunters.

I do hope the gear thing comes soon as it's silly to see warriors wearing the devilsaur set or mail gear
    As they kind of fail math

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

this does suck, though at least in P3 dual dal'rends is BiS for Hunters because of the one-handed +15 agi enchants

I would pass the MH to a melee in a guild group but not in a pug

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

I do hope the gear thing comes soon as it's silly to see warriors wearing the devilsaur set or mail gear

Which gear thing? They didn't actually directly incentivize classes to wear all the "correct" armor type until partway through Wrath of the Lich King, so DPS warriors wearing mail or resto and balance druids wearing cloth stayed pretty common up until then, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Which gear thing? They didn't actually directly incentivize classes to wear all the "correct" armor type until partway through Wrath of the Lich King, so DPS warriors wearing mail or resto and balance druids wearing cloth stayed pretty common up until then, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

It was definitely never part of Vanilla. It may have been introduced in TBC, but as I was either playing DPS leather or clothies then, I don't recall.

Until then, yep, that warrior was going to take all the shit you wanted, because no matter what it was, they could use it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I distinctly remember a patch in Wrath, maybe the Ulduar patch, that added the passive effect that wearing all the "correct" armor type for your class gave you the 5% primary stat bonus, because before that patch hit I was rolling on cloth healing pieces for my resto spec druid.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Sounds right. Rogues, mages, and tank-DKs meant I was only ever rolling on the "proper" gear anyway, so if I'm honest I never even paid attention, 'cause it was just "hey, free stats!"

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Yes, until wrath there was no punishment for going for any great you could wear (and if you weren't tanking, the extra armor was useless anyway), and a lot of times the stats were better on specific pieces.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    You guys that aren't playing on Fairbanks, you may or may not have missed out on some TOP SHELF hilarious drama.

Summary:
    The "top" horde guild on our server is <Fury>, which has a notorious reputation for being comprised of tryhard edgelords and streamer sycophants (SkarmTank, a somewhat popular streamer/youtuber, was one of its higher ups). They would regularly go on screeds in the server discord about how they were the only true PVP guild on the server and such, while relying purely on zerging with 2-3x numbers and thinking that makes them the best. They (reportedly) ran a DKP system that gave members more DKP for camping BRM and griefing alliance trying to get in, and donating gold to their guild bank, than they would award them for actual boss kills. Shit like that. Everyone pretty much hated them, horde and alliance both. They sort of had a main rivalry with one of the bigger Alliance guilds on the server, <Calm Down Rookie>.

Someone in CDR had the brilliant idea to pretend to be a turncoat against the guild and offer to leak to Fury the time and place that CDR was going to be holding their RP Christmas Party (lol), so that Fury could crash the party and ruin the day of everyone in their (self-declared) "rival guild"... For a price.

"A deal was struck. 250G downpayment for the initial intel. 250 more after the "party" had been ruined. 250 more for the audio of the outrage. The operation was a go."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tDuIGj0sGo

Since the receipts were being saved, everyone in Fury got to see how fucking stupid their guild management was, that the gold they were giving to the guild bank for DKP ended up going to the guild they hated most because of an elaborate trick Fury's management got duped 100% by, and now Fury is in shambles as people are fleeing it like rats from a sinking ship.

:whistle: There's no, drama, like WoW, drama... :whistle:

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    Went out to winterspring with two guildies this evening to farm for my eye of shadow. Had about a half hour and didn't really expect to get anything. About ten minutes later two had dropped so I have one sitting in my bag and another of our priests who got their eye of Divinity on Sunday now has one sitting in the mail.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Stationary wrote: »
    Went out to winterspring with two guildies this evening to farm for my eye of shadow. Had about a half hour and didn't really expect to get anything. About ten minutes later two had dropped so I have one sitting in my bag and another of our priests who got their eye of Divinity on Sunday now has one sitting in the mail.

It genuinely doesn't seem that rare.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Stationary wrote: »

It genuinely doesn't seem that rare.

My guess is the websites that this sort of thing is tracked on would say it's rare if they track every kill but it only drops for people who have the quest.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It doesn't only drop if you have the quest; it can drop for anyone. I know that Stationary doesnt have the quest (we have only had 1 eye of divinity drop) and the people he was running with aren't priests.

It's about a 2% drop rate off the winterspring elite demons I think, which isn't the worst, but to have 2 in about 30 minutes is pretty good luck.

Edit: phones are hard

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    In other news, got my HoJ tonight! We had 3 drop over the course of a couple (few?) hours, of which I was present for 2 drops in 5 runs (I got the last one, as I came in for the last hour). That was pretty good as I hadn't seen it drop at all until tonight.

• Options
    It doesn't only drop if you have the quest; it can drop for anyone. I know that Stationary does have the quest (we have only had 1 eye of divinity drop) and the people he was running with aren't priests.

It's about a 2% drop rate off the winterspring elite demons I think, which isn't the worst, but to have 2 in about 30 minutes is pretty good luck.

He means I don't have the quest. It is a 2% drop, it's more the having to get a group out there that really makes it drag. Although it can be a grind still, the other priest I mentioned had spent about five hours out there over the course of a few days last week and got nothing

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    unknown.png

Small Rogue.

Big Rogue Dick Energy.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    unknown.png

Small Rogue.

Big Rogue Dick Energy.

Boob shoulders

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    unknown.png

Small Rogue.

Big Rogue Dick Energy.

Boob shoulders

Just means they have crumple zones.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    unknown.png

Small Rogue.

Big Rogue Dick Energy.

I see you too picked the best gnome hair and mustache style.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    A friend of mine said the server she was on is dead. How are the servers doing population wise?

I played on Windseeker and am hesitant to resub because of the populations.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Pagle is still grossly overpopulated

not sure about any others

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Mankirk feels pretty good horde size, I don't see much alliance running around though

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Blameux is doing fine.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Judgement-eu remains a cozy low pop. Expecting it to surge a bit when BWL release, but remain kind of empty.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    A friend of mine said the server she was on is dead. How are the servers doing population wise?

I played on Windseeker and am hesitant to resub because of the populations.

Some of the pvp servers with huge imbalances got shit on. But if you play pve because open world pvp is trash, it doesn't really matter.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    My main is on kirtonos and my primary alt is on windseeker. I've definitely noticed how much quieter LFG is on windseeker

• Options
    Atiesh is weird. There was a group from Perenolde that tried to highjack the realm and turn it into Perenolde 2.0. they are still a little pocket on the alliance still. Since then there has been a merry go around of various guilds trying to be the top guild. There is a guild on the horde name Dienasty warriors that is a blob people join it because reasons. Then flake off to other guilds with tales.
    I do get harassed on my priests to join certain guilds. I do find it interesting I see far more priests with Benediction than I did back in vanilla still it is one of my goals to get {leveling holy and getting harassed is not fun}
    There is far more to Atiesh but it's just still stuck in that area of people wanting to relive the era with their friends and guildmates not willing to meet people outside of that

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So puggle is great. I really like how the filtering system works, but it also has this weird group logging feature that messes with my bars and basically freezes up WoW when I join AV.

Any mod that has the first part but not the latter?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Have you tried unchecking "Track groups you take part in" in the settings tab?

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I've looked in setting, but didn't see anything like that. I will have another look today then. Hopefully that also sorts out the raid bars issue because I have no idea why that would puggle affect it anyway.

edit: I am not seeing that option

qz7g7gn3o4gw.png

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    This close to getting a Perdition's Blade tonight on Ragnaros for my Fury Warrior. I had picked up the Aged Core Leather Gloves a while back as an off-spec item, because I expect to transition into a Fury/Prot tank with Perditions/Corehound Tooth at some point. Oh, well; it'll drop again. I'm actually still waiting on both Onslaught Girdle and the Quick Strike Ring from MC. So there's still a ways to go.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Mine has it in the left column. I think yours is old, mine is 2.6

• Options
    We got our first 1-night clear of both MC and Ony.

Good.
    Shit.

So pumped!
    We killed Rag after a 7500 HP submerge. Almost lost it, but I'm glad we were able to hold it together.
    I managed an upgrade off Rag to replace my Thrash Blade!

(It was a Sword of Zeal...)

• Options
    It's crazy how much a little gear changes that fight.

We were just barely nicking the submerge, then had a 35 man attempt and had to deal with submerge (and still got him), then the next time in with a full 40 we cleared submerge by like a very large margin over the fastest kill I had been a part of.

I had never even heard of presubmerge kills in vanilla unless you were rocking BWL and AQ gear. Gamesense and good internet are a hell of a thing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Yes, our time last week was 2:14 and the best time with WDB had been 2:16; guess there's some value in taking all the weapon drops bwahaha

Rius on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Yes, our time last week was 2:14 and the best time with WDB had been 2:16; guess there's some value in getting taking all the weapon drops bwahaha

Now that I know I don't have to save my mana for the submerge pickup I can go full bore and move from 70 dps to 90.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    We got our first 1-night clear of both MC and Ony.

Good.
    Shit.

So pumped!
    We killed Rag after a 7500 HP submerge. Almost lost it, but I'm glad we were able to hold it together.
    I managed an upgrade off Rag to replace my Thrash Blade!

(It was a Sword of Zeal...)

Sword of zeal is no joke. Drop crusader on it and melt faces.

• Options
    Yeah, our other sword rogue has very similar gear and had his Sword of Zeal first (a guildy got one and I told them to pass it to the other rogue). I was looking at logs last night and despite having very similar gear (overall mine is slightly better since I haven't missed a raid yet), he outpaced me on nearly every fight. So I'm glad to finally have an upgrade of some sort since gear hasn't been dropping too hotly for rogues yet.

We've only seen 1 Gutgore Ripper which went to our dagger rogue, 1 set of NS Shoulders, 1 set of NS pants, and zero belts, chests, or swords (or other daggers). We've been saved by only having 2-3 rogues every night so far.

• Options
    So two days ago or so I picked up a grey item from AV, Worn Running Shoes. It's one of the joke grey items that appear in AV.

However when I went to vendor it my auction addon said it was worth 150g, which was odd. So I check the AH and there were two on there, both for 149g, one slightly lower than the other, by two different people.

So as a lark I put mine up for 50g and when I logged on the next day it had sold. Checking the AH the other two are also gone but it is impossible to know if they sold or just expired.

Now this does mean that of the two people involved in this transaction, one of us has made an expensive mistake, but for the life of me I can't see how it would be me. It's just worthless vendor trash right?

Move to New Zealand
This discussion has been closed.