As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    you jerks on your second and thirds and bowen's seventh and i'm still 57 at best

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    you jerks on your second and thirds and bowen's seventh and i'm still 57 at best

Yeah, but you are at 2 57s.

That puts you at 114 total levels compared to my 61 total levels (I ran that bank alt all the way to IF, it counts dammit)

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Max Honor/Hour - Alterac Valley

1. Solo queue AV
    2. Kill Balinda
    3. Kill all Lieutenants
    4. Kill players
    5. Lose game

Up to 6k~ honor per game, 7-10 minute loss

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Welp, MC on pause gg servers.

Sup with yall?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

1. Solo queue AV
    2. Kill Balinda
    3. Kill all Lieutenants
    4. Kill players
    5. Lose game

Wait, is BGs in now?

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Warsong Gulch and AV, yeah.

Plan is to spam AV for Don Julio's, then move on to WSG for Zerker Bracers and Outrider Leggings.

Shit is so $$$

• Options
    Welp, the the hotfix didn't do anything to AV, so the crazy fast rep grind train just keeps on chuggin'.

Apparently, the hotfix was related to being able to summon people in WSG, so folks were grabbing the flags and getting summoned back for the caps.

• Options
    Welp, the the hotfix didn't do anything to AV, so the crazy fast rep grind train just keeps on chuggin'.

Apparently, the hotfix was related to being able to summon people in WSG, so folks were grabbing the flags and getting summoned back for the caps.

The only thing warlocks are good for.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular

1. Solo queue AV
    2. Kill Balinda
    3. Kill all Lieutenants
    4. Kill players
    5. Lose game

If you're solo queuing, how do you convince anyone to kill Balinda?

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Everyone just knows, man. Alliance don't seem to "get it" yet on Grobb, tbh; they go straight for Drek'thar and win the match, but they end up with like 700 bonus honor in the end. Meanwhile, Horde kills Balinda, pulls all of the lieutenants in, run around and kill corporals and stuff while Alliance finishes. We lose, but we get like 2.5-3k more bonus honor in the end, so eh.

[edit] and if the Alliance fucks around, we just run in and kill Van. In the matches that we've won, I've had like 4-5k more honor earned than the Alliance.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    A holy priest friend of mine also had a bug where she couldn't drop below 1 hp in wsg

Yaketysax.wav

• Options
    A holy priest friend of mine also had a bug where she couldn't drop below 1 hp in wsg

Yaketysax.wav

Yeah, apparently that was another bug in WSG that was a focus of the hotfix. Had to do with Spirit of Redemption, I guess? Some friends of mine were telling me their Priest's spirit wouldn't end, so they all just stayed midfield and farmed HKs while having invulnerable, uninteruptable, unlimited healing lol.

• Options
    Honored with the Frostwolves. Not bad for night #1 of AV.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    SD hosted our first MC tonight

I got #1 on Magmadar by a massive margin because I am an absolute golden god forged on the summit of mount olympus out of raw molten greatness

we'll do rag attempts on sunday!

in other news... i think these battlegrounds are not good and i think i wont be doing them without a 3-5 man group minimum. there's all KINDS of weird shit going on in the meta of classic, but it's hard to ignore how it influences BGs

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

I got #1 on Magmadar by a massive margin because I am an absolute golden god forged on the summit of mount olympus out of raw molten greatness

in other news... i think these battlegrounds are not good and i think i wont be doing them without a 3-5 man group minimum. there's all KINDS of weird shit going on in the meta of classic, but it's hard to ignore how it influences BGs

You may have gotten a 85 parse but Bowen got a 99!

(For damage as a Holy pally. Which he isn't. :lol:)

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Everyone just knows, man. Alliance don't seem to "get it" yet on Grobb, tbh; they go straight for Drek'thar and win the match, but they end up with like 700 bonus honor in the end. Meanwhile, Horde kills Balinda, pulls all of the lieutenants in, run around and kill corporals and stuff while Alliance finishes. We lose, but we get like 2.5-3k more bonus honor in the end, so eh.

[edit] and if the Alliance fucks around, we just run in and kill Van. In the matches that we've won, I've had like 4-5k more honor earned than the Alliance.

BGs are cross-server, you're most likely not even seeing many people from Grobb.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

BGs are cross-server, you're most likely not even seeing many people from Grobb.

In classic? Are you sure?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Yes

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Having more Honor than the alliance or vice versa doesn't matter because ranking isn't cross faction.

Alliance rush drek because of rep for wins.

Quadrupling the Honor in a loss doesn't matter to alliance...

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

You may have gotten a 85 parse but Bowen got a 99!

(For damage as a Holy pally. Which he isn't. :lol:)

Someone's gotta cleanse all those magics while doing auto attacks to renew JoW

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Factions are being hunted to extinction on PvP servers, and to a smaller extent but still happening, PvE servers.

I don't know what the distribution is like on Grobb but on quite a few servers you'd never get a match going if they were server only.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Factions are being hunted to extinction on PvP servers, and to a smaller extent but still happening, PvE servers.

I don't know what the distribution is like on Grobb but on quite a few servers you'd never get a match going if they were server only.

Yeah this was the "Revised Battleground Patch" (1.12) going live, which introduced x-realm battlegrounds to address the 4+ hour queues some BGs had on dead servers. I don't think many of the other 1.12 stuff has gone live though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    in the realm of #SomeChanges

you can whisper people from other realms even if you aren't in a BG with them

I am pretty sure that was not in vanilla???

I played with a guy on another server and we had a good moment in WSG and he whispered me after the game was over

• Options

I played with a guy on another server and we had a good moment in WSG and he whispered me after the game was over

Yeah, the chat system is more or less the same one in retail. You can talk to bnet friends as well and that definitely wasn't in vanilla.

• Options

Yeah, the chat system is more or less the same one in retail. You can talk to bnet friends as well and that definitely wasn't in vanilla.

Which I appreciate.

I'd rather have some newer QoL stuff over "purity"

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    I'd drop some dollars to get some guild QoL like guild bank right now

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

Which I appreciate.

I'd rather have some newer QoL stuff over "purity"

I really wouldn't say no to personal loot...

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular

Yeah, every match I'm in ends with Alliance having 800 bonus honor... and Horde having 3600. And if I understand the rep calculations correctly, Horde is getting more rep too.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    No winning is the majority of the rep so as long as the alliance maintain a very high winrate it's "correct" to skip everything but it's quite possible - since everybody is dumb and doesn't actually cap stuff - for the "zerg drek go go go" crowd to all just die in the keep, spawn back at base because everything is lost and earn no honor or rep

• Options
    ok i knew something felt off about AV lol...

I was like "why... why are they just skipping the towers" i dont think that ever happened in vanilla? or at least not very often.

capturing the towers and objectives as a precondition to pulling the boss seemed like doctrine.... and Alliance is kinda just like "ehh w/e lets just rush drek"

i dont get it. why would you do that, in any pragmatic sense

• Options
    Because queues are instant, so there's no real penalty to losing so long as it doesn't turn into a grind, the entire goal is to get through as many games per hour as possible. This is the AV version with the weakened/reduced NPCs so it doesn't matter as much if you skip everything as it used to, you can just run past everything into the keep

Essentially nobody wants to pvp, they just want the exalted rep items because they are pretty good

• Options
    yeah if you don't care about honor, go for the zerg to farm rep

• Options
    ahh yes, the items... maybe once all the julios band farmers get out of the way we can have some real games

• Options
    It's not in yet

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I do actually want the caster offhands, and maybe the cheaper mount

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

I'm mostly interested in the mount myself.

I find the epic dwarf mount to be much better looking than the gnome one, and this is an easier rep grind than IF rep.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wait you can get pvp stuff without actually doing any pvp

that's my kind of pvp!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    wait you can get pvp stuff without actually doing any pvp

that's my kind of pvp!

my friend, the game you seek is retail
    only half joking

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I find the epic dwarf mount to be much better looking than the gnome one, and this is an easier rep grind than IF rep.

The AV mount is different from the regular Dwarf mount, I'm pretty sure.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Reynolds wrote: »

The AV mount is different from the regular Dwarf mount, I'm pretty sure.

Isn't the stormpike battle ram (or whatever it's called) just a snow white epic ram with uniquely colored armor plates & saddle blanket?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
This discussion has been closed.