As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    i want my post timeskip one eyed dancer

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I would pay $5 for the Dancers to have different dances.

Give me Hilda dabbing you cowaaaaards

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Ashe is continuing to crit everything in sight and I’m still a little baffled as to how this is happening.

He’s currently got a better kill rate than anyone except Dimitri!

• Options
    good stat growths. any character can be stupid good if you just get lucky with their level ups. And Ashe has a good dex growth to begin with.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I mean, his dexterity is decent, but Byleth and Dimitri have higher dexterity, and he isn’t much above the others. He’s not outfitted with anything special (iron bow, no special battalion), either.

Edit: By ‘crit everything in sight’ I mean he literally got a critical hit every single turn in my last battle. That’s some great chance!

Oh well! I shall not complain. He was useless the first time I played this route and I never really used him in the other routes, so this is the first time I’m bringing him along to every battle.

Now, who to make my dancer...

Janson on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Verdant Wind and Crimson Flower full spoilers
    Rhea says in VW that no human was ever "blessed" by the progenitor god

And that line just feels false??

Much like how when Edelgard says that the events of long ago were a "normal disagreement" or some such. I don't doubt she believes it to be true, but you can clearly tell it's not true

People tend to believe Rhea is telling the full unvarnished truth though, and that she has full knowledge of what happened. Which I don't believe for a second

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    There's a line just before the final battle in Verdant Wind that jumps out at me.
    Rhea's testimony concerning the origins of the Children of the Goddess is very vague, and also leaves a lot of questions unanswered through ambiguities in how she's talking about the past

She uses the phrase "I am the last child of the progenitor god."

Now, she might mean several things here. She might mean she's the last surviving child of the goddess—but that's not true. Macuil's like, right over there. Cichol's been standing next to her the entire game. Indech is napping in a GD lake. Hell, she talks about running around and collecting the survivors after the slaughter at Zanado!

Does she mean that she is the youngest of those who were born from/created by Sothis? Also, how the hell did Sothis go about having children at all? Are they actually blood-related to her? Did she make them out of GD clay? Did she bleed on the ground and out they popped, fully formed? Does Cethleann not count specifically because she's second generation?

If she is as young as all that—younger than the other saints, though obviously more powerful—she wouldn't have any more immediate knowledge of the conflict with the Agarthans than anyone else. She may have been born after that whole mess was over, even, and only be working on second-hand stories.

And she expresses total bafflement and ignorance regarding how Nemesis was able to gain the Crest of Flames and forge the Sword of the Creator. Which is real interesting!

So many questions, still. I hope Azure Moon and Silver Snow get around to a couple of them at some point

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Regarding one of your questions (not a route spoiler):
    Apparently the original Japanese makes it clearer she is the youngest, as you surmise. That is a lost in translation thing.

• Options
    Honestly that makes sense.

Also aprorpros of nothing but Annette has dawned the Fortress Knight Armor and Mercedes has studied the blade.

It's dumb but it can be done!

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Rhea conversation and background spoilers, honestly can't remember which route. I'm sorry!
    I wish I could remember the actual line, but in one conversation Rhea indicates that when she was young she "heard the goddess" in the holy tomb, and that is when she received her blessing.

We are veering pretty heavily into speculation territory now, but I took this to mean that she is not the literal descendant of Sothis, but instead was a human mortal who was somehow gifted her powers by Sothis. She calls Sothis 'mother,' but none of her dialogue really leads me to believe she was close to her in the way a mother and daughter would actually be close.

I think this may apply to all of Sothis' "children." Seteth refers to Indech as a friend, not a brother. Flayn chides both Macuil and Indech as "Uncle," but I was getting more of a 'dad's close friend who I call Uncle as a term of endearment' vibe.

If they are all former humans who were granted power from Sothis, and who can grant similar (but diminished) boons through their blood, this would explain how the crests have been perpetuated.

Flayn has not had children, but the crest of Cethleen is still floating around in persons other than Flayn. Perhaps in the past she willingly granted blood infusions the way Rhea did for Jeralt and Catherine?

Now that I'm rambling about it, I wonder if Flayn is the only dragon kiddo in this setting who came about the, er, conventional way?

Lots of unanswered questions. Maybe we will get a clearer picture with the eventual DLC.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Ashe is continuing to crit everything in sight and I’m still a little baffled as to how this is happening.

He’s currently got a better kill rate than anyone except Dimitri!

he's been possessed by the ghost of xcom's own patrick stewart

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Rhea conversation and background spoilers, honestly can't remember which route. I'm sorry!
    I wish I could remember the actual line, but in one conversation Rhea indicates that when she was young she "heard the goddess" in the holy tomb, and that is when she received her blessing.

We are veering pretty heavily into speculation territory now, but I took this to mean that she is not the literal descendant of Sothis, but instead was a human mortal who was somehow gifted her powers by Sothis. She calls Sothis 'mother,' but none of her dialogue really leads me to believe she was close to her in the way a mother and daughter would actually be close.

I think this may apply to all of Sothis' "children." Seteth refers to Indech as a friend, not a brother. Flayn chides both Macuil and Indech as "Uncle," but I was getting more of a 'dad's close friend who I call Uncle as a term of endearment' vibe.

If they are all former humans who were granted power from Sothis, and who can grant similar (but diminished) boons through their blood, this would explain how the crests have been perpetuated.

Flayn has not had children, but the crest of Cethleen is still floating around in persons other than Flayn. Perhaps in the past she willingly granted blood infusions the way Rhea did for Jeralt and Catherine?

Now that I'm rambling about it, I wonder if Flayn is the only dragon kiddo in this setting who came about the, er, conventional way?

Lots of unanswered questions. Maybe we will get a clearer picture with the eventual DLC.

That's pre-timeskip, I believe.
    I like the idea that the Children of the Goddess were originally human; it ties into people like Maurice turning into monsters even while retaining their minds.

Only thing is that the human forms of Flayn, Seteth, and Rhea are all very subtly manakete-coded. For instance: in the artbook, it's revealed that they all have pointy manakete ears they hide beneath their hair!

I have no idea if that means anything

I think that the children of the goddess, the fate of Maurice (who became a demonic beast who retained his mind in spite of having the appropriate crest for his relic), and the origins of Nemesis and the Ten Elites are all related.

Yeah. I'm hoping for some DLC answers too. But! Speculating is a ton of fun

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Verdant Wind and Crimson Flower full spoilers
    Rhea says in VW that no human was ever "blessed" by the progenitor god

And that line just feels false??

Much like how when Edelgard says that the events of long ago were a "normal disagreement" or some such. I don't doubt she believes it to be true, but you can clearly tell it's not true

People tend to believe Rhea is telling the full unvarnished truth though, and that she has full knowledge of what happened. Which I don't believe for a second

The twist I hope to unearth at some point
    is that Nemesis and Sothis used to be old friends

Your idea that Nemesis was Sothis's champion against the Agarthans—or the threat that preceded them—is one I like a lot

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So I stumbled onto a reddit thread that is a real good look at Edelgard, and als the role mental illness plays in the game.

It’s worth reading IMO, and there’s lots of good discussion in the comments after the OP, too. Obviously, it’s heavy spoiler territory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/d3lf59/edelgards_ptsdhow_three_houses_sensitively/

• Options
    I know many of the answers to the Rhea questions and yet I’m trying to discover where in the game they’re learned... completely forgotten right now!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I cleaned up my Golden Deer playthrough, and picked a different S rank for my 2nd clear.

Started a NG+, and the 2nd S rank is available, but now the first isn't.

Blargh, have to redo this again.

104 hours for one clear! Plus however much resetting. Never going to start NG+ at this rate.

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

I like the idea that the Children of the Goddess were originally human; it ties into people like Maurice turning into monsters even while retaining their minds.

Only thing is that the human forms of Flayn, Seteth, and Rhea are all very subtly manakete-coded. For instance: in the artbook, it's revealed that they all have pointy manakete ears they hide beneath their hair!

I think that the children of the goddess, the fate of Maurice (who became a demonic beast who retained his mind in spite of having the appropriate crest for his relic), and the origins of Nemesis and the Ten Elites are all related.

Rhea, Seteth and Flayn chat:
    In reference to pointy ears!

I think that's a real neat detail! That could be chalked up to a side effect from Sothis' blessing... Byleth got mint chip hair and eyes. Could also mean I'm off-base.

Seteth mentions in Silver Snow that he used to have the ability to transform, but lost it long ago. Mysterious! I wonder if Flayn ever had that ability or if, as a second gen dragon she only got the longevity.

• Options
    Uh oh everyone, it's Saturday morning. Do you know what that means???

*sirens blare* ART DUMP ART DUMP ART DUMP

Potential spoilers for: support conversations, Seteth and Flayn backstory, general plot developments for Blue Lions and Crimson Flower. Not that I've actually played through Crimson Flower yet. Nothing too crazy spoilery, though. Apologies if there are any repeats in here.

Listen. This is a big one, folks. Be prepared to scroll when you click that spoiler tag.
    tumblr_pxldo6VbVN1tselblo5_540.png
    Credit: roselph

ebdd875b25ce10a1a705703a161d6bd60a1708c0.jpg
    Credit: seiishindraws

tumblr_px5lj4kvOo1r2dmizo1_540.png
    Credit: jununy

tumblr_pvosvdQxMV1xdbpf4o1_540.png
    tumblr_pvosvdQxMV1xdbpf4o2_500.png
    Credit: laurencin-draws

635f662b4408b4523eff81d41a5da9f8311a08d1.png
    Credit:great-dragon-myrrh

tumblr_pwq5l5Xr3W1swu0v6o2_400.png
    consider: Seteth………..but pointy
    Credit: nollimet

tumblr_pxp5dhG0dS1qcdm2wo2_540.jpg
    Credit:doven

21fd2807e49027d9f6042d1dd44e3f77b9f265ff.jpg
    Credit: zeroshadows

tumblr_pxjqhtLLT31r6jdmao1_1280.png
    Credit: floriellet

tumblr_pxj7ifmzya1r24q9ho2_540.jpg
    tumblr_pxj7ifmzya1r24q9ho1_540.png
    byleth voice ‘ALLOW ME TO DEMONSTRATE’

Credit: hattersarts

dccef994638a43d53323757bbf48767551c52839.jpg
    Credit:avarlante

tumblr_pvgys2faq91r5dsdto1_1280.jpg
    2dc31cbc8792163b90e1a40abf7bfbfe70bce67d.jpg
    Credit: illiaccrest

tumblr_pw15j9TUhE1v6smapo3_400.png
    Credit: pillow-boi

26d9c3add3cc682c43ebb27726415380e0dcec2c.jpg
    69a717d0182ce229156520a02aba171f4ef8cbe2.jpg
    Credit: sweeteggerz

tumblr_pxbxpvDYp01uf4t46o1_1280.jpg
    Credit: fawke

tumblr_pxbsph9BZe1wci04ko1_1280.png
    Credit: applecrispe

tumblr_pvw5yjJUQH1t073glo1_1280.png
    Credit: parasti

tumblr_px6ss4uCGr1r6z72oo1_1280.png
    Credit: katribou

tumblr_px4j48zjId1r7e1r2o1_1280.jpg
    Credit: skeleton-quays

tumblr_px2kskTJrN1uz993so1_1280.png
    Credit: smoodoodle

tumblr_px0xjdLaSz1qipy7wo1_1280.jpg
    Credit: automaticgiraffe

tumblr_px10twFxhq1rk4rk3o2_540.png
    tumblr_px10twFxhq1rk4rk3o1_540.png
    Credit: taiwonton

tumblr_px0ucyJxNG1w5vhxoo1_1280.png
    Credit: inesp-art

tumblr_pwwcn4KEEU1tjqo2ko1_1280.jpg
    Credit: isacoque

tumblr_pwwfsy6v5w1ugk9cao1_640.png
    tumblr_pwwfsy6v5w1ugk9cao2_540.png
    Credit: koobiie

tumblr_pwp2cwk5vo1qg53joo1_540.jpg
    Credit: animepopheart

tumblr_pwwtarn0J81s0621zo1_1280.png
    A minor crest of Saint Cichol
    Credit: grimae

tumblr_pwrgosNYyL1tpntygo1_1280.png
    Credit: jivke

tumblr_pw6qieuJgt1uvpkflo1_1280.png
    Credit: rubiarts

tumblr_pws08qnrsi1wf5atto1_1280.png
    Credit: pikabeeart

tumblr_pwfjx69WqT1uruoe9o1_1280.jpg
    Credit: kianamaiart

95891e1b5f429c18eb5149bfabb221905fa29292.jpg
    Credit: cookiekitten91

tumblr_pw6yniEvTV1up6g72o1_r1_1280.png
    vanwulfen

Whew! That's probably gonna be the last one of these for quite a while. Links to the artists are below each piece. If you enjoyed any of these, consider giving the artist a follow on tumblr! I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :D

• Options
    Huh you can figure out that Manuela is 35 at the start of the game.

• Options
    edited September 2019

Rhea, Seteth and Flayn chat:
    In reference to pointy ears!

I think that's a real neat detail! That could be chalked up to a side effect from Sothis' blessing... Byleth got mint chip hair and eyes. Could also mean I'm off-base.

Seteth mentions in Silver Snow that he used to have the ability to transform, but lost it long ago. Mysterious! I wonder if Flayn ever had that ability or if, as a second gen dragon she only got the longevity.

Re. That scene in Silver Snow:
    Seteth says ‘in the past, the children of the goddess were all able to change their appearance’

Then when Byleth replies, ‘you’re one of the children of the goddess?’

Seteth: ‘Is it not obvious? Flayn and I both are’

It’s not explicitly spelled out but if the translation is accurate I think we can assume Flayn also used to be able to transform!

This tumblr post explores the mural you see in-game and what Seteth and Flayn may have looked like as dragons

That post also ponders that Sothis may have looked more womanly/older at some point, maybe her slaughter & rebirth inside Byleth caused her to appear younger?

Janson on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So how much does raising support lower recruitment requirements?

• Options
    a lot.

A rank means they'll join automatically. (but you can only get A-rank in part 2 or in new game+)
    B rank reduces the requirements by like half I think?
    C is I wanna say by one third? Might be one fourth.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So how much does raising support lower recruitment requirements?

Exact details in a table within: https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/

• Options
    I am in NG+ and spent a bunch of renown bumping Ferdinand and Linhardt back to A, but then when I went to talk to Ferdinand I clicked on Recruit and it just made the little "nope" sound effect

• Options
    edited September 2019
    man i wish dimitri got an edgy teen makeover with like black nailpolish and he dyes his hair and gets temporary tattoos

Gundi on
  • Options
    Also how exactly do I check my support with characters that are outside of my house?

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Also how exactly do I check my support with characters that are outside of my house?

Hit ZR on the support screen!

Edit: It took me two playthroughs to figure that out, haha.

Janson on
  • Options

When you go to share a meal with someone, there's an option to check your exact support level.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I am in NG+ and spent a bunch of renown bumping Ferdinand and Linhardt back to A, but then when I went to talk to Ferdinand I clicked on Recruit and it just made the little "nope" sound effect

they'll ask to join randomly as time goes on, don't worry.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    oh another reason why fists are the best melee weapon in this game is that one of the skills learned by raising weapon master just lets you spend an action to recover half your health at any time with no cost to weapon durability.

• Options
    edited September 2019

That's real strange. Did the same thing happen with Linhardt? How early in the game did you do this?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

That's real strange. Did the same thing happen with Linhardt? How early in the game did you do this?

It was chapter 2, but I got him now
    I just came around when I was exploring a week later and scooped him up. I wonder if it had something to do with the fact I'd already talked to him that day and he said no (before I bought supports)

• Options
    yeah

you can only ask to recruit someone once a day

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    @Wyborn I ended up chatting with some people about your theory in relation to the bandit attack at the very beginning of the game and I think I finally made sense of it.
    There’s enough evidence to suggest, as you’ve already gone over, that the bandits were not hired to kill Dimitri and Claude, and that Edelgard was actually trying to keep that from happening.

The question was, then, why did she hire the bandits?

Someone pointed a couple things out to me. One, when the bandits attacked someone ran off, and that person was supposed to be the next professor at the academy.

Two, we get dialogue from at least Caspar, and I want to say one more, about how people expected Jeritza to be appointed to the position after the first candidate vanished. But that didn’t happen because of Alois and Byleth.

So I think I know what Edelgard’s goal was: to get Jeritza, who works for her, into a teaching position. Probably as the Black Eagles instructor.

This matches up nicely with the Flame Emperor being irritated that Byleth got the job, too.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    That's what I came to assume on my second playthrough.

• Options
    Wyborn I ended up chatting with some people about your theory in relation to the bandit attack at the very beginning of the game and I think I finally made sense of it.
    There’s enough evidence to suggest, as you’ve already gone over, that the bandits were not hired to kill Dimitri and Claude, and that Edelgard was actually trying to keep that from happening.

Someone pointed a couple things out to me. One, when the bandits attacked someone ran off, and that person was supposed to be the next professor at the academy.

Two, we get dialogue from at least Caspar, and I want to say one more, about how people expected Jeritza to be appointed to the position after the first candidate vanished. But that didn’t happen because of Alois and Byleth.

So I think I know what Edelgard’s goal was: to get Jeritza, who works for her, into a teaching position. Probably as the Black Eagles instructor.

This matches up nicely with the Flame Emperor being irritated that Byleth got the job, too.

That.... is very clean.

General-ish timeskip spoilers
    It also still meshes nicely with the idea that Edelgard didn't mean for Claude and Dimitri to bite it, and brought Jeralt into it as an emergency measure to protect them when Claude ran off

Aiming to get the Death Knight into a teaching position would have potentially allowed Edelgard to do a great deal, especially if the Twisted weren't aware of his identity as Jeritza.

Yeah! Yeah that all lines up, and helps illustrate the specific ways in which Edelgard's plans went awry (and why she's trying so hard to get the measure of Byleth from second one). That's some nice figuring!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Wyborn I ended up chatting with some people about your theory in relation to the bandit attack at the very beginning of the game and I think I finally made sense of it.

That.... is very clean.

General-ish timeskip spoilers
    It also still meshes nicely with the idea that Edelgard didn't mean for Claude and Dimitri to bite it, and brought Jeralt into it as an emergency measure to protect them when Claude ran off

Aiming to get the Death Knight into a teaching position would have potentially allowed Edelgard to do a great deal, especially if the Twisted weren't aware of his identity as Jeritza.

Yeah! Yeah that all lines up, and helps illustrate the specific ways in which Edelgard's plans went awry (and why she's trying so hard to get the measure of Byleth from second one). That's some nice figuring!

it's also
    A bit cleaner to go, "she was trying to kill/run off a teacher" than, "she hired mercenaries to murder children." It was always a little harder for me to buy that she was willing to go that far that early in the game's plot, especially given how she often tries to reduce casualties as much as possible in the Crimson Flower route. Like, she's realistic about it, but I never got the sense that she was especially bloodthirsty.

• Options
    dimitri sure likes talking about his bear hands

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular