As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    That's considerably more objectifying than I would have expected

Hm...I may not have communicated the intended level of irony clearly enough.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Bandwagons!!!!!

Here's my tier list:

1uc0jwwtvlv7.png

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Please, someone link the tier list maker with the good portraits instead of the weird mismatched shit that google giving me

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Anyway, my actual tier list would look more like this:

ac05ic0bdcq7.png

As you can see, it's very mechanics-focused and therefore extremely boring.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Please, someone link the tier list maker with the good portraits instead of the weird mismatched shit that google giving me

https://tiermaker.com/create/fire-emblem-three-houses-13-119197?presentationMode=false

• Options
    You know what I kind of want to see? A "defeat the boss" map where, if you kill every other enemy and then surround the boss with your units, they'll surrender before you even attack them once. Would be a surefire ticket to the Antagonists That Make Good Decisions Tier.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I never thought I'd say this but Wyborn has the only good tier list.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

It's the only one without Cyril

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

Tell me what is wrong with mine so we can internet fight

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Irony is a difficult path to walk; for what it's worth I like your real tier list
    Radius wrote: »

It's the only one without Cyril

who the hell is Cyril

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    You know what I kind of want to see? A "defeat the boss" map where, if you kill every other enemy and then surround the boss with your units, they'll surrender before you even attack them once. Would be a surefire ticket to the Antagonists That Make Good Decisions Tier.

There actually sort of is one of those. At least, murdering every other unit ends the map as the boss retreats. But since the boss is hard to kill...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    There’s a list of all paired, unique dining/task conversations here, if anyone was curious like me. Would have saved me a lot of experimentation on my last run.

(Same blog is also working on translating the Japanese versions of those same conversations, there’s the occasional interesting difference).

Janson on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm now far enough into my Golden Deer playthrough to have a solid opinion on all the characters, and... I don't think I could make a tier ranking? They're all great!

There are a couple characters who's designs I loved that let me down a bit once I got to know them: Sylvain, Catherine... Ingrid (to a far lesser extent). But even the characters who I don't like as people, I at least find interesting.

But that's more than made up for by all the characters I wasn't expecting to love: Linhardt, Hilda, Dimitri, Dorothea, Hubert.

//

Random aside: one of Petra's supports mentioned that she had a tattoo on her back, so I was a little disappointed that her post-timeskip model looked like it didn't have one. But during a recent monastery conversation she was near a wall, which forced the camera under her hair when I spun it around. And it turns out she does! It's just pretty small and up by the nape of the neck. It looks a bit like a bat.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    There are a couple characters who's designs I loved that let me down a bit once I got to know them: Sylvain, Catherine... Ingrid (to a far lesser extent). But even the characters who I don't like as people, I at least find interesting.

But that's more than made up for by all the characters I wasn't expecting to love: Linhardt, Hilda, Dimitri, Dorothea, Hubert.

I felt precisely the same way about all those characters!

I still enjoy Sylvain a lot, but there’s a reason I always pair him with Felix.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I ended up getting Felix x Sylvain for an ending. (And Annette x Mercedes, and Catherine x Shamir. Though I felt that last one didn't make any sense for Catherine.)

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    My tier list, arranged by food group the character reminds me of
    c73xrzy149de.png

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    My tier list, arranged by food group the character reminds me of
    c73xrzy149de.png
    I feel like Manuela is less 'whiskey' tier and more 'chugging bottles of vanilla extract'

• Options
    manula has class mori

or at least funds

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Manuela absolutely does not have class and that is why she's great

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Fair, fair, what about whiskey pods

• Options
    One guess as to whom @Moriveth S-ranked

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I didn't realize the Petra Alois support existed before I got it by accident, but it is completely perfect.

Alois is a real support convo mvp in this game, isn't he?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I typically like my characters with a very hefty dose of angst and/or self-loathing, but Alois is one of my two exceptions in this game. I love him. (The other is Flayn).

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize the Petra Alois support existed before I got it by accident, but it is completely perfect.

Alois is a real support combo mvp in this game, isn't he?

Alois and Dimitri's B support is goddamned amazing.

• Options
    I started up my Silver Snow playthrough and I've noticed a couple of things. Just small things.

When I go to buy supports, I'm struck by the people I can purchase S ranks for immediately: Edelgard, Hubert, Lorenz, Raphael, and Ignatz. An eclectic mix, but it suggests to me that I somehow maxed out my support points with Hubert and the Golden Deer boys but not any of the Blue Lions guys or, say, Caspar, who I used a lot in my Azure Moon run. That's kinda surprising to me!

Also I've decided to buy Caspar his War Master mastery ability and just let him break the enemy turn completely. No more waiting until mid-game to be a good unit for you, my friend.

....I don't know how well I'm going to handle going Silver Snow here. Ugh! I can do it, though, I can.
    They're gonna need to make a new Class just for my Byleth, specializing in... well hopefully it'd have bonuses to good skills

Playing through the Mock Battle on hard, I usually go straight up the middle and take on both classes at once, just because it's possible. This time I went up the left to take on the Golden Deer first, which was... doable! Hm. I don't have a lot of cover over there, though, so I have to carefully consider all of my options. It makes me think about playing on Maddening. That'll be a hoot and a holler.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    do not try to go in the middle on maddening

you will die

• Options
    How did you handle it? Going up the left? Luring Claude and Hilda to you? Did you keep mostly to cover where you could?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Crimson Flower chapter 15 battle
    I tried to set up a one turn warp kill on Seteth to see if I could end the fight before Flayn showed up, but I forgot that the replacement units for Alois and Shamir count as commanders that you need to kill.

So Edelgard fucking obliterated Seteth on the first turn, then whoops all my out of position stride/rally/dance bots got murdered in enemy phase.

Oh well, guess I actually have to restart and fight fair

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Spoilers for the mechanics of that battle

No seriously
    If you take out Seteth and Flayn with Byleth you don't need to worry about killing them

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Crimson Flower chapter 15 battle
    I tried to set up a one turn warp kill on Seteth to see if I could end the fight before Flayn showed up, but I forgot that the replacement units for Alois and Shamir count as commanders that you need to kill.

So Edelgard fucking obliterated Seteth on the first turn, then whoops all my out of position stride/rally/dance bots got murdered in enemy phase.

Oh well, guess I actually have to restart and fight fair
    If you didn't know, defeating Seteth with Byleth will allow you to let him and Flayn live

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Felix's stats are such that I feel like it's hard to actually go wrong with him (I just started up on Blue Lions), but I'm wavering between having him just be completely devoted to swords as suits the story as written, or go hard into fists and use him as a shaped charge made of gauntlets.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I hear he is phenomenal with fists...

• Options
    How did you handle it? Going up the left? Luring Claude and Hilda to you? Did you keep mostly to cover where you could?
    yes you have to go left. going into range of the right side house aggros everybody, without fail.

use weapon arts, and dorothea for free infinite healing.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    Spoilers for the mechanics of that battle

No seriously
    If you take out Seteth and Flayn with Byleth you don't need to worry about killing them

Yeah, I'm aware
    It was mostly just an experiment to see if Edelgard could take him out in one turn, which of course she could why would I ever doubt that Edelgard could kill something.

I'll definitely spare Flayn, and most likely Seteth as well. Only people I've killed so far are Leonie (no regrets) and Ignatz (sorry man, Bernie wanted that Brave Bow). Took the pirate's way to Claude so I got to completely ignore Hilda on their map, already had recruited Lysithea, and then spared Claude mostly to see him exasperate El in the follow up cutscene.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    It still bugs me that Edelgard doesn't naturally end up being able to use her magic stat for anything when she has mage-level mag growths. It's not like it would have made her more broken or anything in her final class. Aymr is pretty much peak broken already.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I hear he is phenomenal with fists...

Oh he is. He can Punch Bro super well.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    It still bugs me that Edelgard doesn't naturally end up being able to use her magic stat for anything when she has mage-level mag growths. It's not like it would have made her more broken or anything in her final class. Aymr is pretty much peak broken already.

Only lame-os who use axes instead of making her a mortal savant can't use her magic skill.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Only lame-os who use axes instead of making her a mortal savant can't use her magic skill.

Yeah, but then she loses a lot of free face-tank stats.

• Options
    I really want to do a mortal savant only CF run.

Gonna overthrow the church with the power of anime

7h8wnycre6vs.png