As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Cyrano Story huh? Seems a bit on the nose

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Riffing on the Doom logo is just asking for it.

If there's one company that isn't afraid of siccing legal demonspawn at you, especially if you're a small dev, it's Bethesda. But I guess these dudes are just too hardcore to worry man.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I missed this one when it came out:

Rain of Reflections is an atmospheric, dystopian adventure game with exploration and deep character interactions. Its turn-based strategic confrontations are uniquely centered around a motivation mechanic.

Oct 4 - Rain of Reflections Chapter 1 (Narrative, Adventure, Strategy, Violent, Cyberpunk)

Brolo on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCPGhrfpDrU

This might be the most unbelievably ambitious thing I've ever seen in a video game.

"Detect all trees in world (approx. 1.5 trillion)"

Ahahaha what the fuck

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

This might be the most unbelievably ambitious thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Ahahaha what the fuck

c4GlHqH.jpg

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Man John wick looks like shit

it's fun but the graphics are Not Great

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Ahahaha what the fuck

c4GlHqH.jpg

Boy I hope they can finally render small one-story buildings so I can fly over my house.

"We're gonna render individual blades of grass!"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I was bummed watching the quick look that the replay mode is just literally what you did on that level, and not a stylized cinematic version of it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I get that Secret World Legends isnt making any money and they gotta do something else, but it's still kind of a bummer that the only new story content we're getting is spinoff games, not TSW/SWL itself :/

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I think animations are the worst part

You say John Wick, I want some fluid action cool shit

Not clunky awkward stomping around and flailing

The gameplay is rock solid though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Sounds like this descision has been reversed.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I appreciate that all of the regular goons in JW Hex all take minimum two shots to take out, just to replicate John Wick’s love of the double tap

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    not to take Blizzard's side, because fuck those guys and also where is a new Blackthorne?!?!?!, but honestly, if I saw a guild named GAY BOYS in all caps in an MMO my first thought would emphatically not be that they were actually gay

• Options
    yeah uh if I saw a guild called Gay Boys I would not think that's a group of good gay dudes, though I'm happy to find out that actually is the case

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Sounds like this descision has been reversed.

Yeah sounds like it was an automated thing due to volume of complaints. But also it could happen again because they apparently don't have a way to flag the name as fine and ignore reports so, now it's down to incompetence.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5NHmUF6js
    (skip to 1:07)

Liam Esler
    David Gaider
    Austin Wintory
    Troy Baker

are making a musical modern-fantasy RPG adventure game

In Chorus, you’ll be chatting up a cast of Ancient Greek gods to solve a murder mystery, like some sort of adult sing-along Percy Jackson book. A Muse just turned up dead on your doorstep after lending you her supernatural powers, and her godly family would quite like to see you six feet under. An eye for an eye, and all that.

It’s a musical plugged into an adventure game, with a distinctly BioWare social system full of stat-driven choices. By levelling up in Kickass (I want to hit things), Clever (I want to think about things), or Charming (let’s smooch) traits, you’ll be able to skew both the direction of the story and -importantly – the songs.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/11/chorus-is-a-musical-murder-mystery-from-dragon-age-writer-david-gaider/

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5NHmUF6js
    (skip to 1:07)

Liam Esler
    David Gaider
    Austin Wintory
    Troy Baker

are making a musical modern-fantasy RPG adventure game

In Chorus, you’ll be chatting up a cast of Ancient Greek gods to solve a murder mystery, like some sort of adult sing-along Percy Jackson book. A Muse just turned up dead on your doorstep after lending you her supernatural powers, and her godly family would quite like to see you six feet under. An eye for an eye, and all that.

It’s a musical plugged into an adventure game, with a distinctly BioWare social system full of stat-driven choices. By levelling up in Kickass (I want to hit things), Clever (I want to think about things), or Charming (let’s smooch) traits, you’ll be able to skew both the direction of the story and -importantly – the songs.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/11/chorus-is-a-musical-murder-mystery-from-dragon-age-writer-david-gaider/

FUCK

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    sounds extremely not for me!

• Options
    It is extremely for me

A murder mystery? Check?
    Using Greek myth in a fun way? Check
    A musical? Check
    Bioware-style choices and branching paths? Check

I just backed it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Chorus is set in Thecs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    @Hahnsoo1
    ^^^

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I can't decide if that is very for me or something I will absolutely loathe

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I can't decide if that is very for me or something I will absolutely loathe

how?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I love mythology (except when it's poorly modernized) and typically find musicals grating (except when they're good)?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well david gaider's writing, for one

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yup. This is 100% in my wheelhouse.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I love mythology (except when it's poorly modernized) and typically find musicals grating (except when they're good)?

oh, I thought you generally liked musicals, my bad

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I resent that charming and clever are two separate stats, this runs counter to my experience

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Ahhh! There's a backer level to become a person who sings in the chorus in one of the songs, and I missed it!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I resent that charming and clever are two separate stats, this runs counter to my experience

bimbo rights

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

oh, I thought you generally liked musicals, my bad

Nah I'm a straight play guy, we have a strict rivalry

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    well david gaider's writing, for one
    There was a time when this would have been an unequivocal selling point, though, right? I thought he was pretty highly-regarded, at least around the time of Dragon Age: Origins; am I mistaken on that? Or is it that as he wrote more and more, he revealed himself to be one-note?

• Options
    Gnome is not a fan of Bioware games, nor their writing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    videogame writing has evolved and bioware writing has not

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    A lot of Bioware choice design does not hold up well even just separate from the overall quality of the writing.

Couscous on
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    videogame writing has evolved and bioware writing has not
    I mean the last game with Bioware Writing came out almost 3 years ago and was a victim of a LOT of problems beyond just writing issues

DAI is 5 years old and still pretty well recieved and praised, especially with its characters

There hasn't exactly been a ton of examples of Bioware Writing to point to as having not evolved in the past generation

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oh yeah bioware's gone so there's not gonna be any evolution in writing style in the future either I guess

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i would argue that the writing in anthem was pretty evolutionary and representative of all of bioware's worst habits

hammy characters monologuing directly into the camera to make you feel an emotional reaction to their Quirks, your character emotionlessly listing off reasons why they're friends, vaguely explained world-ending threat, evil empire

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.