Options

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'd consider the molding the personality of a character (which, in Disco Elysium, is heavily influenced by your stats) more important than molding their physical appearance as far as character creation goes, personally.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You know what? You know what? You know what?

That truly is an iconic hat

More so than the Watch Dogs hat.

The what

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

sGFn9X3h.jpg
    9oqaWixh.jpg
    kKsWMnjh.jpg
    gJJXfYth.jpg
    s5NaNUjh.jpg

FS2020 also sounds incredible

The most insane review was someone saying they took a flight over Phoenix and could see the balcony from their old apartment.

But is there a battle royal mode?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Glad I waited on this game

Also, what this tweet doesn't tell you: the first expansion--Space Race--is also free. So once you've redeemed the base game, remember to go back to the store page and redeem the expansion, too.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

sGFn9X3h.jpg
    9oqaWixh.jpg
    kKsWMnjh.jpg
    gJJXfYth.jpg
    s5NaNUjh.jpg

FS2020 also sounds incredible

The most insane review was someone saying they took a flight over Phoenix and could see the balcony from their old apartment.

But is there a battle royal mode?

40,000 planes are dropped onto an ever warming planet...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    that hat is my favorite thing in videogames right now

It is now my mission in life to make The Goose take The Hat, or at least represent it in visual form.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That hat would clank around real good when clamped and dragged by the horrid beak of a goose

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I'd consider the molding the personality of a character (which, in Disco Elysium, is heavily influenced by your stats) more important than molding their physical appearance as far as character creation goes, personally.

You actually do get a lot more control over character appearance than most isometric rpgs cause all your clothing choices are rendered on the character!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    That hat would clank around real good when clamped and dragged by the horrid beak of a goose

I haven't played the game, but isn't The Hat stuck firmly on the head of the protagonist?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    No he takes it off sometimes

Mainly to cup the blood of his fallen enemies then dump it over his head

(Only saw it in the tutorial battle vid, tho. Does he do it all the time?)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

I haven't played the game, but isn't The Hat stuck firmly on the head of the protagonist?

No, he takes it off after you kill the first enemy so he can fill it with the creature's blood, then he jams it back down onto his head. It's pretty fuckin cool

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    It hasn't happened since the first time for me.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    also Ten Piedad was a chump.

I speak Spanish and still pronounce it Anglicized because it's funny.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    If I ever get FS2020 I'm gonna crash so many planes into my own house.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

She!

Or, they?

It's a complicated mythology where you may or may not be a legion of disposable penitents, but the player is definitely referred to with feminine pronouns sometimes

• Options

She!

Or, they?

It's a complicated mythology where you may or may not be a legion of disposable penitents, but the player is definitely referred to with feminine pronouns sometimes

Fuck, is this end game stuff?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    @Poorochondriac I just started playing Heaven's Vault

It's very good, but also whenever the game asks me to translate something, I stare at the screen for a while until I exclaim, "Shit, lady, I don't know! You're the scholar, not me!"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Hmm I was interested in Mistover, but the reviews are pretty mixed. Is anyone playing it here?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    just in case you're unaware it does have a demo, i've had it installed for like a week meaning to take a look

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I lost the dedicated thread for it, but I bought Control today.

I don't actually play a lot of video games anymore, but tonight, I'm really enjoying this games atmosphere.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    just in case you're unaware it does have a demo, i've had it installed for like a week meaning to take a look

I did not know that, I might just download it then and see how I feel.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

I did not know that, I might just download it then and see how I feel.

I'm enjoying it so far. I need to see how the doomsday clock plays out to come to a more final opinion, but with 4 hours under my belt, I've been having a good time.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Man John wick looks like shit

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

She!

Or, they?

Fuck, is this end game stuff?

Nah, the mythology stuff is all background detail scattered throughout. Very Soulsian.

But the pronoun stuff is from incidental dialogue with NPCs. I remember being referred to as "she" in the first hour

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Glad I waited on this game

Also, what this tweet doesn't tell you: the first expansion--Space Race--is also free. So once you've redeemed the base game, remember to go back to the store page and redeem the expansion, too.

Thanks for this, I just redeemed that expansion. There's also a free bit of DLC - "mysteries" that you can redeem too. I've added it to the ever-growing pile of "when I have time I'll install and play these"

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl the Shadowrun Returns Street Samauri update:

Things have well and truly gone to shit

I found Sam's killer. The Emerald Ripper. After my crew and I shot our way through a serial killer's mental asylum, we found him in what I can only describe as a murder/torture room.

The fight itself was really anti-climatic. He finally showed himself after we dropped his minions (including this cybernetic monstrosity). Muttering some crap about how he'd have to take care of us himself.

He didn't get the chance.

The entire squad lit him the fuck up and he died before he could do anything.

Job done, Sam avenged.

Or so I thought. Investigating the scene, it turns out that someone was pulling the strings. All the victims (including Sam), were targetted. They all had transplants of organs from Sam's dead mother.

And the Emerald Killer's puppet master. Sam's own sister. It looks like she didn't approve of the donations. I know this because I confronted her at Sam's funeral/Sam's mother's reinternment and she admitted it. Lost her shit and started ranting.

I would have subdued her but her Elf-friend is apparently some kind of bigwig at that church I've been hearing about. Universal Brotherhood or something? Got big connections. This was made apparent because when I confronted Sam's sister, those two fuckers bug out and a merc hit squad turns up to kill me.

So yeah, what proceeds is a 3-way fight in a cemetery between me/my friends vs a mercenary death squad vs some ghouls who rock up halfway through.

My lot comes out on top (barely). Next stop, the union. I need to rearm and put a crew together. As much as I'd like to see Sam's sister in cuffs and face a nice long prison sentence, I'm not confident she'll let herself be arrested.

We're going to hit the Universal Brotherhood and I'm fairly certain it's going to be a bloodbath.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCPGhrfpDrU

This might be the most unbelievably ambitious thing I've ever seen in a video game.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    A new wrinkle in the Hong Kong stuff popped up as well, as two American Hearthstone players held up a Free Hong Kong sign during a tournament and faced zero repercussions

They are planning on forfeiting their next match and no longer streaming to highlight Blizzard's hypocrisy based on what region the player is from

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    This is an idea that seemed like fun and then got less fun the more I saw of it:

BDSM is the first satirical action RPG where you get to play Lou, Satan’s son! Get some booze, kill the traitors, save Hell and rescue the hottest demoness from the clutches of those nasty people and mega-corporations!
    !

the trailer ends with "MAKE HELL GREAT AGAIN" and it seems you can extrapolate that out to most of the rest of the humor

• Options
    This is an idea that seemed like fun and then got less fun the more I saw of it:

BDSM is the first satirical action RPG where you get to play Lou, Satan’s son! Get some booze, kill the traitors, save Hell and rescue the hottest demoness from the clutches of those nasty people and mega-corporations!
    !

the trailer ends with "MAKE HELL GREAT AGAIN" and it seems you can extrapolate that out to most of the rest of the humor
    ATTENTION!!! IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE FULL VERSION OF B.D.S.M. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PATCH ADULT ONLY ON THE GAME PAGE IN THE STORE!

sigh

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Aw hell yeah let me see them titties

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Man, I was a pretty low key defender of Blizzard for the past ten years. I liked WoW, Diablo 3 (both versions, but the expansion more), Hearthstone, and even though I can't play FPS's, the Overwatch lore. Hell, even their Diablo Mobile Game debacle, I kinda sided with them.

But yeah, they've burnt all goodwill they've had with me. My only consolation is that a chunk of the company employees disagree with the whole Hong Kong decision.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Good job Alex, that's a really good totp to have, just excellent work

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Without videogames I wouldn't know what a boob looks like

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

jgYv9xnl.jpg

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

!

ATTENTION!!! IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE FULL VERSION OF B.D.S.M. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PATCH ADULT ONLY ON THE GAME PAGE IN THE STORE!

sigh
    Does the adult patch remove the juvenile humor?

By which I mean the entire game.

Is the adult patch an uninstaller?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

jgYv9xnl.jpg

yakuza is such a beautiful series

This discussion has been closed.