Options

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The first time Scrat looked directly into the camera and intoned “lets get nutty” in a quivering bass, I was disconcerted, but by the sixth time I was really engulfed in the developer’s vision.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Does Agent Dale Cooper count as a wizard? He uses ritual magic in his investigations, and is embroiled in other sorts of mysticism as well.

If you count him, then yes, you can probably play a wizard.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I hope that Disco Elysium allows roleplaying Francis York Morgan.

Wouldn't that be cool, Zach?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    prWK1LQ.jpg
    i'm pretty much going to roleplay as profressor frank as closely as I can

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    I've seen some screenshots, and yes, you can definitely try and throw your spirit energy at enemies. Don't know how well it'll work, but you can try it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    The widespread and unabashed enthusiasm for UGG is one of the most heartening things on the internet lately. That and the fat dog getting carried out of the canyon.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Instead of the Joker movie it's going to end up being the Goose game that unleashes a wave of bad behavior in society. Honking at kids, throwing peoples rakes in lakes, knocking over gym equipment....

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Tube wrote: »
    what is disco elysium

can you be a wizard

so the serious answer is, i have no idea. the game takes place in not-our-world but idk if it's a fantasy world explicitly. with magic powers and stuff, or not.

right now I have two quests in my journal and they involve finding the shoe i lost in the previous night's bender and singing karaoke

my first character died in the start screen by reaching up to grab his necktie from the ceiling fan, failing the skill check, and having a heart attack

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I noticed in their promotional shots (I haven't had a chance to install yet) that their Dryad's Saddle looks like crap
    Literally unplayable. A slap in the face of true mushroom fans.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    what is disco elysium

can you be a wizard

so the serious answer is, i have no idea. the game takes place in not-our-world but idk if it's a fantasy world explicitly. with magic powers and stuff, or not.

right now I have two quests in my journal and they involve finding the shoe i lost in the previous night's bender and singing karaoke

my first character died in the start screen by reaching up to grab his necktie from the ceiling fan, failing the skill check, and having a heart attack

oh.

i have now been sold on this game

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I noticed in their promotional shots (I haven't had a chance to install yet) that their Dryad's Saddle looks like crap
    Literally unplayable. A slap in the face of true mushroom fans.

their Laetiporus cincinnatus needs to be cream colored to yellow or I'm getting a steam refund

edit: I refer to the pores of course

Xaquin on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    alright time for Dale as Rusty Shackleford to take the case

https://youtu.be/fYyH_sa2_RI

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    One of your skills you can put points into in Disco Elysium is "Inland Empire" which is like your imagination, speculation and, at higher levels, your ghost detective meter.

Because all skills in Disco have minds of their own, in your mind, and chime in in conversations and encourage you to do what they say. And at higher levels, they get MORE. So high level Inland Empire means you're seeing spooks and creepy, weird shit around every corner. Or if you have a high Authority, you'll be able to dominate in conversations...but have quite a bit of a fascist streak. Encyclopedia will give you lots of trivia and lore about everything but the higher you crank it, the more you get and the harder it'll be to sort between the chaff and the wheat.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »

I mean you're constantly having conversations with yourself.

Also I played UNDERRAIL for like 30 minutes; I couldn't suss out how to reload or kill those robots in the beginning. I'll get back to it but boy was it wearing it's cRPG Badge with pride.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Dryad's Saddle is a delightful name for a mushroom

Mushrooms have excellent names almost universally, especially toxic mushrooms.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Dryad's Saddle is a delightful name for a mushroom

Mushrooms have excellent names almost universally, especially toxic mushrooms.

Destroying Angel

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Stink Horn

.... well .... maybe not

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I think we often take "toadstool" for granted. It's a tiny little stool for toads to sit on!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Brolo wrote: »
    sure why not:

Oct 15 - Morels: THE HUNT (First Person, Exploration, Hunting, Non-violent, Mushrooms)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kYaKHLAULw
    The deadliest prey is not bear, nor boar, nor even bloke; it’s mushroom. Lurking in the leaf litter, the wrong fungus can lure you in with fairytale fanciness then kill you stone dead. Let’s salute the true brave hunters, the people heading into the virtual woods to face down mushrooms in Morels: The Hunt. Released today, it resembles your traditional hunting games like theHunter in that you roam around open-world wilderness filled, look at animals, unlock high-tech gear, and come home with a tasty dinner. Except you’re hunting mushrooms, and shoot only photographs. Having often wished pretty hunting games had strolling modes, I’m game.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/15/morels-the-hunt-released/

Larry Loni(c?)k would be proud

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I think we often take "toadstool" for granted. It's a tiny little stool for toads to sit on!

Perhaps while eating tea and cakes with his husband Frog.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    100 Achievements?! Get out of here game.

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1156590/achievements

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »

I mean you're constantly having conversations with yourself.

Also I played UNDERRAIL for like 30 minutes; I couldn't suss out how to reload or kill those robots in the beginning. I'll get back to it but boy was it wearing it's cRPG Badge with pride.

Underrail is one of the most mechanically satisfying RPGs I've ever played. It's also hard as balls.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    what is disco elysium

can you be a wizard

Update: I punched a mouthy orphan to establish dominance over him. this gave me a +1 to the dice check to get him to tell me about the crime scene

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    prWK1LQ.jpg
    i'm pretty much going to roleplay as profressor frank as closely as I can
    blacked out again, woke up in a car that was Tokyo drifting everywhere

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I can't decide which I have been looking forward to more: Playing Disco Elysium or enjoying Jacobkosh's posts about playing it. <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    I can't decide which I have been looking forward to more: Playing Disco Elysium or enjoying Jacobkosh's posts about playing it. <3

It's a game that I know I won't be playing for a bit, so I'm glad that it's the sort of game that leads to delightful out of context posts about it.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    but I want to be a wizard

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

me too, bud, me too.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

I assumed your experience with raising digital wizards would have put you off.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Pixeljam, developers of games like Dino Run and Gamma Bros, and one of my favorite indie devs, just put out a full collection of all their games on itch.io, DRM free. Pay what you want, minimum $15.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    As you wish.
    sy9amt4pw1fz.jpg

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    As you wish.
    No, that's a different franchise.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Welp, after getting an email from GOG about the bundle bonus if I purchased Disco Elysium, followed by browsing the store page, followed by looking at some YouTube videos of the first 20-odd minutes of gameplay, followed by reading some of the posts on here....

6brk5ydbcvjb.jpg

Goddamnit, bank balance, free time and a whole bunch of other games that I'm also supposed to be playing at the moment!

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Friends were playing PUBG in discord. I quit nearly a year ago. But discord's new streaming option let me watch them as they got a chicken dinner and had a blast. Man i miss PUBG. Next round they bridge boi Novo, wreck a few squads and get to top 10 only to be instant headshotted by a Chinese hacker carrying his squad to a 90% win rate. Ahhh, PUBG, how i hate you.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    The character creator is more agonizing than I thought in Disco Elysium. . .especially since this is a hardcore roleplaying game where I don't think you're going to be necessarily min-maxing things? I think I want good mind and social skills while definitely tuned to their senses. . .but a weakling physically.

Not sure what character in literature that mimics (can't really do Sherlock Holmes here since - at least Cumberbatch and Lee Miller's versions - he's good at all four).

EDIT: Holy frijoles - you can do a Deprived run (1's in everything). You could do a total Bullock (from Batman TAS) run with a souped up meathead cop that breaks bones and gets evidence later.

ED! on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    The character creator is more agonizing than I thought in Disco Elysium. . .especially since this is a hardcore roleplaying game where I don't think you're going to be necessarily min-maxing things? I think I want good mind and social skills while definitely tuned to their senses. . .but a weakling physically.

Not sure what character in literature that mimics (can't really do Sherlock Holmes here since - at least Cumberbatch and Lee Miller's versions - he's good at all four).

Be Downey Jr.'s version, max physical and intelligence and fuck the rest

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Book Sherlock Holmes isn't a badass but he's not min physical either. He's pretty OP.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    could sherlock holmes beat goku

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    could sherlock holmes beat goku
    Does Goku have any deep dark secrets Sherlock could exploit?

This discussion has been closed.