As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Did not expect that to be a real thread.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Amazing how cinematic ME1 was considered back in the day.

It was the most advanced full graphic alien sex simulator of its time.
    That is extremely not true

You really should read up on the history of the game's release before railing on me as though I was serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU

I wish it was a no-holds-barred scifi sex simulator.

gimme dem weird alien jibblies, all of em

Zxerol on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Haha, nice try, but I'm not falling for this.

Not at work, anyway.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Heard about Disco Elysium two weeks ago and I still have no idea what you actually do in the game, but I'm all over this once I get home. The FAQ from the developers has shed some interesting light on what's going on (and it honestly seems like it boils down to "You are LITERALLY role-playing as a detective") and that this is straight up a narrative adventure; honestly it feels like it might be the pinnacle of a Visual Novel with hard core role-playing elements slotted in.

Reviews are also so far really high which is shocking; ACG seems a little concerned about the, how would you say, acerbic nature of how the game comes at political, social and religious topics though so buyer beware.

Also weird fact: this was No Trust w/ The Furies if anyone was curious where that game went. I'm honestly not sure which is the cooler title as they are both fantastic.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    sure why not:

Oct 15 - Morels: THE HUNT (First Person, Exploration, Hunting, Non-violent, Mushrooms)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kYaKHLAULw
    The deadliest prey is not bear, nor boar, nor even bloke; it’s mushroom. Lurking in the leaf litter, the wrong fungus can lure you in with fairytale fanciness then kill you stone dead. Let’s salute the true brave hunters, the people heading into the virtual woods to face down mushrooms in Morels: The Hunt. Released today, it resembles your traditional hunting games like theHunter in that you roam around open-world wilderness filled, look at animals, unlock high-tech gear, and come home with a tasty dinner. Except you’re hunting mushrooms, and shoot only photographs. Having often wished pretty hunting games had strolling modes, I’m game.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/15/morels-the-hunt-released/

• Options
    ED! wrote: »
    Heard about Disco Elysium two weeks ago and I still have no idea what you actually do in the game, but I'm all over this once I get home. The FAQ from the developers has shed some interesting light on what's going on (and it honestly seems like it boils down to "You are LITERALLY role-playing as a detective") and that this is straight up a narrative adventure; honestly it feels like it might be the pinnacle of a Visual Novel with hard core role-playing elements slotted in.

Reviews are also so far really high which is shocking; ACG seems a little concerned about the, how would you say, acerbic nature of how the game comes at political, social and religious topics though so buyer beware.

Also weird fact: this was No Trust w/ The Furies if anyone was curious where that game went. I'm honestly not sure which is the cooler title as they are both fantastic.

yeah I just finished downloading it, I'll probably give it a go this afternoon

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    @Xaquin Please provide an in-depth review of this new mushroom hunting simulator, thank you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    @Xaquin Please provide an in-depth review of this new mushroom hunting simulator, thank you.

What's this now!?

Edit: cool!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Honestly that mushroom hunting game looks like it could be kinda fun if you could do it in VR?

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    gimme the mushroom simulator where you can just eat all of them

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Honestly that mushroom hunting game looks like it could be kinda fun if you could do it in VR?

put on an oculus quest, go in a forest, play it outside while picking and eating real virtual mushrooms

• Options
    I'm buying this tonight

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Disco Elysium looks really fucking cool despite my total lack of experience with tabletop rpgs and I’m going to give it a try and cross my fingers that my shitty laptop can run it

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Disco Elysium looks really fucking cool despite my total lack of experience with tabletop rpgs and I’m going to give it a try and cross my fingers that my shitty laptop can run it

Yeah the system requirements are making it look like I actually won't be able to play it, which is surprising for an isometric RPG.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    What if you could talk to the mushrooms?

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    The worldbuilding of Disco Elysium reminds me of China Mieville's books, so I will definitely want to play it once day - I just have too many games right now to add another to the backlog.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    What if you could talk to the mushrooms?
    I can have one-sided conversations all day

i just want to die over and over again

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options

I imagine several rounds of full volume Beat Saber after consuming a fair amount of alcohol might approximate that for some people.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yeah the system requirements are making it look like I actually won't be able to play it, which is surprising for an isometric RPG.
    Maybe they'll tighten up the optimization after release, a reviewer said he got 40 fps in a couple sections with a 2080 TI lol

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    072hotozjmj4.jpg
    New Humble Bundle:

$1:
    • Beckett
    • Thomas Was Alone
    • Rusty Lake Hotel
    • Yume Nikki

BTA:
    • The Stanley Parable
    • Everything
    • YUMENIKKI -DREAM DIARY-

$15:
    • Catherine Classic

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Archeage Unchained launched and I was in queue for like, half an hour and then the log-in server went down

still down :( I haven't had to deal with queues and such since the launch of OG Archeage, lol

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

Maybe they'll tighten up the optimization after release, a reviewer said he got 40 fps in a couple sections with a 2080 TI lol

It's a Unity game, and for every well-running game on that engine I can count like two that runs like dogshit.

• Options

I mean it is an isometric CRPG, but ACG does play everything when he can at 4K at the highest settings (which he is doing here). I doubt anyone running this game at 1080P is going to struggle with the game's recommended settings.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I am exactly 5 minutes into Disco Elysium.

Here is the attribute screen:

9Pt51hGh.png

Here is the skill screen:

m4FDUiEh.png

Here is your first choice:

vA27WLIh.png

Here is you waking up in your shitty apartment:

yBaBLh2h.png

The writing so far is overheated and enthusiastic in the way only a very intelligent ESL speaker who may also be on drugs can be. The text is voiced over by someone with an Eastern European accent trying to do a London accent.

Right now, at this moment, I am 100% all in.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yooooo those are some huge bell bottoms.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Finally got around to playing Indivisible after being at PAX for the weekend,

Indivisible is pretty good! I just hit the section where the game opens up.

My only criticism so far is the platforming being a little clunky at times, and one particular boss fight early on that I banged my head against for forty minutes before beating.

• Options
    Yooooo those are some huge bell bottoms.

It ain't called Rock and Roll Elysium

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Here is a link to the so-called "Thought Cabinet" in the game; image represented all 60 "thoughts" you can have. . .I guess. No idea how these work or what modifiers are applied to your character (I heard one described as making you a fullblown commie) but the artwork is fantastic.

And here is a link to the developer talking about the Thought Cabinet, and going into how it shapes your game. Gameplay spoilers obviously.

ED! on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    i'm trying to keep an index of interesting upcoming gaming titles for a project I'm working on, so posting excerpts here as things come out isn't too hard

the main thing is just trying to sort through Steam's stubbornly out-of-order release queue list and filter out all the hentai puzzle games:
    I'm assuming that there's a secret thread on this forum where you post the "filtered out" hentai puzzle games.

EDIT: The true PC gaming thread.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/226160/hentai-girl-puzzle-18#latest

I was expecting a link to the G&T steam thread tbh.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    They got mushroom dlc planned? Shitake? Hen of the forest? Amanita?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Truffle

• Options
    edited October 2019

I noticed in their promotional shots (I haven't had a chance to install yet) that their Dryad's Saddle looks like crap

edit: also, those morels are pretty big for grays imo. must have good growing conditions

Xaquin on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I'm about an hour into Disco Elysium

it is incredible

like, if Chris Avellone resurrected David Foster Wallace and they went on a bender incredible

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Dryad's Saddle is a delightful name for a mushroom

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Brolo, I don't know why you decided to grace us with this New Releases service, but I extremely appreciate it and admire you for the effort you put into it (especially the genre tags).

i'm trying to keep an index of interesting upcoming gaming titles for a project I'm working on, so posting excerpts here as things come out isn't too hard

the main thing is just trying to sort through Steam's stubbornly out-of-order release queue list and filter out all the hentai puzzle games:

8gPkp2J.jpg

I can't believe the filthy smut they're allowing on steam these days. Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure? Unbelievable.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    what is disco elysium

can you be a wizard

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

I noticed in their promotional shots (I haven't had a chance to install yet) that their Dryad's Saddle looks like crap

edit: also, those morels are pretty big for grays imo. must have good growing conditions

But does it have Woolly Neptunes?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    what is disco elysium

can you be a wizard

...it is entirely possible you can be a wizard, actually

basically it's Planescape Torment but you're a cop in alternate-history Scandinavia and also a completely horrific human being

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    what is disco elysium

can you be a wizard
    You can probably believe you are a wizard at least.

This discussion has been closed.