As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There are other [podcasts] than Giant Bomb

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hold on is Words and Deeds just "we play Metal Gear"

it's "we watch all the cutscenes from metal gear"

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shit

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Eddy explains one moment, character or concept at a time to Brooks

So far it's mostly been game recaps but I have been promised an episode just about the Sasaki bloodline

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    It's really making me think about it!

I'm lost.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

it's "we watch all the cutscenes from metal gear"

Oh shit they lore reasons it?

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Hi video game thread I am glad Austin enjoyed Daemon Ex Machina. I appreciate his enthusiasm for mecha. Hopefully I can play it soon!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Gustav wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Aside from the pig episode I didn’t like Limetown very much. Felt like a podcast version of breaking the documentary format like in a found footage film

The second season gives up on that conceit entirely, if that helps.

That does actually

It largely still...feels the same, in a lot of ways, in that each episode is essentially an interview with a new character, but the context around it is changed enough that it's really compelling.

Plus it's got like, actually solid acting, which helps a LOT

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    In the latest PUtJ Miel give a very explanation of the complexity of music law and I was very happy...

And then like ten minutes later one of the guests was like “yeah but he totally stole this song” and I am just so tired.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man it just seems like PutJ is just not gonna be the show you want it to be

Like obviously if you're enjoying it, then more power to you, but most of your posts about it are complaining about them glossing over or being misinformed about some technical aspect of music of depths of a song and that's just not what the show is or what they want it to be

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man it just seems like PutJ is just not gonna be the show you want it to be

Like obviously if you're enjoying it, then more power to you, but most of your posts about it are complaining about them glossing over or being misinformed about some technical aspect of music of depths of a song and that's just not what the show is or what they want it to be

Yeah that’s fair I should really just stop talking about it. I’ve tried to mostly do that but this whole music copyright thing is becoming a pet issue of mine and it’s kind of a big deal. I think Miel handled it really well. It just seems like it’s impossible to get non-musicians to understand and watching her go through the complexities only for the guest completely missed it all is frustrating to me.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    the two guests are both professional musicians though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Mr. G wrote: »
    the two guests are both professional musicians though

Oh god that’s even worse.

I’m sorry I keep bringing this up. I’m just gonna stop.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    this kind words game on upf seemed really nice and then it instantly went to nightmare mode so fast

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    One is a hiphop artist and the other the worlds most known remixer.

They know the laws, they're doing bits.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    One is a hiphop artist and the other the worlds most known remixer.

They know the laws, they're doing bits.

Look I really do want to try to just not have this conversation but first I got to say that I do not think that that is true. The statement I was complaining about was not said in jest. This is about more than just the law. It’s about a lot of things really but mostly it’s about what makes a piece of music unique and it’s about whether it is plagiarism to start from the base of a song and make something new but related. It’s about when I feel is hey series of gotcha lawsuits and more importantly A culture that’s coming to dangerous conclusions.

Even if it was a joke I consider it to be a very dangerous joke because it furthers this idea in a layperson’s mind. This idea that if you take anything from music you like and repurpose it that means you stole something.

Now I’ll just get off my soapbox and do my best to never talk about this again

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Athletico Mince continues to probably be inscrutable to anyone that isn't British. The adverts for Stan Watson's Oily Wipes and the Kitty Batter this week were particularly good

Crime Files is my favourite bit of Mince at the moment

Agreed. The recent nonsense potter and South African crossover was intense

I love how late Andy is with the drone, too, and how Bob sometimes just fills in for it

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Punch Up the Jam is always going to be funnier if you just accept it's a comedy podcast about the cognitive dissonance between fun music with awful lyrics, first and foremost. The music is really there more for a discussion of the culture around the song, rather than most aspects of its actual composition

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Just finished Spring in Hieron
    (Big spoilers obviously)
    Art speaking about Hadrian's fulfillment in life, over that final roll of the classic theme song with the waves, had me absolutely bawling

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Shit, the latest waypoint brought up how much they'd be into Rob playing through all of Metal Gear Solid and now that's all I want in the world

SET WAYPOINT FREE VICE!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh no, oh nonononono

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Healgasm

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i am pretty sure rob would despise metal gear

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    there's also a norman bates character and his name is borman nates

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Well, that pretty much confirms in my mind that the Claptrap stuff in that BL2 dlc was totally a reference to an ex-Gearbox employee.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    i am pretty sure rob would despise metal gear

oh yeah probably, but I'm sure there'd be some real interesting takes

Rob seems pretty good at compartmentalizing different aspects of things for criticism

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I'm glad there's so many other games to play other than borderlands 3 right now.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I think Rob would be a peace walker guy

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Which of the Waypoint staff would have an affinity for AC!D

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Which of the Waypoint staff would have an affinity for AC!D

Cado.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    revisiting Porco Rosso for the Blank Check episode tomorrow and I'm very glad I did

it was the first Miyazaki I had ever seen in theaters about a year and a half ago and I love love loved it then, but I wasn't sure if it was just because I wasn't aware of the house style

but no this movie still rules so much and it's still definitely my favorite

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Austin saying he doesn't like MGS 3 has sent me into a tailspin

It's so good! It's the best one!!!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think I hated playing mgs3 more than all the other ones combined. So I understand that take.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I think I hated playing mgs3 more than all the other ones combined. So I understand that take.

Well now I hate you

• Options
    I'm sorry no I don't

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3 is basically just an action movie compared to Metal Gear Solid 2's attempts to say something about the internet and ideas

Also, Metal Gear Solid 3 is the only good Metal Gear Solid

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    MGS1 was ok

• Options
    3 > 2 > 1 > 4 and then I haven't played the rest enough to have a sturdy opinion

2 is almost better than 3. Almost.

This discussion has been closed.