Options

Do you remember?

2»

Posts

  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man. I refused to play EBA on my DS Lite or anything newer... but I still have my old DS! (so I can play EBA! Sure! I'm not a hoarder...)

    I have a save replay on there of me getting a perfect run on the hardest difficulty of the last song, and an incredibly good score at that. I will cherish that as one of my greatest gaming achievements.

    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Beating ready steady go on hard was one of the most difficult things I have done in gaming

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Already knowing the song front to back made it a lot easier to pick up.

    It was one of only like 2 or 3 jams that I was familiar with.

    I think knowing literally all the music in EBA made it easier to get into as well.

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My only complaint with EBA is that I wanted more fast tracks, or more rock tracks.

    Jumping Jack Flash is practically an anomaly in the game

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh is eba not the game where you interview the wrestler

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    That's Rhythm Heaven.

    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I wish we had gotten an EBA 2.

  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I wish we had gotten an EBA 2.

    I still want that whole franchise heavily represented in Smash.

    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    it's a shame EBA is so tied to the DS stylus so we'll never see it again

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    it's a shame EBA is so tied to the DS stylus so we'll never see it again

    You cannot do the game without it, it’s probably the best use of the stylus

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2019
    there's a fan-made open Ouendan/EBA-alike program on PC called Osu, like how DDR has Stepmania. I think you can play it with mouse or with a stylus on a tablet.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    I mean, surely a smart phone version would be the best option?

    Yeah, fingers are kinda big compared to a stylus, but I'm pretty sure you could accommodate for that with how the beats are placed. Phones are also a lot bigger than the DS screen was

  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    There's actually quite a bunch of them rhythm gatcha games on the phone

    Pick your poison

    https://youtu.be/DYT7mzzlaag
    https://youtu.be/GPlwSxb_yLE
    https://youtu.be/D51Epu85Fqw

    Edit: i don't play them though

    Peas on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Smart phone screen is too small for EBA’s type of shit with fingers, would have to be tablet.

    You gotta remember that at the higher difficulty those things are coming in real fast and it’s tappity tap tap

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Cytus II is right there if you need good music games on mobile with no gacha garbage

  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    There's actually quite a bunch of them rhythm gatcha games on the phone

    Pick your poison

    https://youtu.be/DYT7mzzlaag

    Edit: i don't play them though

    ...I assume the Macross one is not available in the US?

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but there are songs that to this day when I hear them on the radio I can't help but tap my fingers along and then realize I'm basically replaying them in my mind because the muscle memory is so trained to them. Let's Dance and The Anthem are the two that immediately come to mind as the worst offenders.

  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    There's actually quite a bunch of them rhythm gatcha games on the phone

    Pick your poison

    https://youtu.be/DYT7mzzlaag

    Edit: i don't play them though

    ...I assume the Macross one is not available in the US?

    If you have an android phone you can use qooapp to install the game
    https://utamacross.miraheze.org/wiki/Getting_started

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Cytus II is right there if you need good music games on mobile with no gacha garbage

    Yeah I'm not a huge rhythm game person but this one does seem really good. And the extra track abs character packs are actually pretty reasonable.

  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    There's actually quite a bunch of them rhythm gatcha games on the phone

    Pick your poison

    https://youtu.be/DYT7mzzlaag

    Edit: i don't play them though

    ...I assume the Macross one is not available in the US?

    If you have an android phone you can use qooapp to install the game
    https://utamacross.miraheze.org/wiki/Getting_started

    Hmm. That seems like too much effort but I am a sucker for the macross music.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2019
    do not be lured in by the idol phone rhythm games, they are extremely gatcha
    and the rhythm game part generally isn't good

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they could do an EBA on the switch but you had to play it undocked.

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I wonder if they could do an EBA on the switch but you had to play it undocked.
    Eba for switch with motion controls you say

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    keiichi yano would totally be down for another EBA or Ouendan, but he says it's more up to nintendo than him

    also osu has his blessing as a spiritual successor in the meantime

    https://youtu.be/3y_fNqZ1riA

    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That is not how I expected him to sound

  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah, he lived in america from an early age until he graduated from USC and moved back to tokyo

    explains how savvy the EBA tracklist is
    "The concept for song selection was this - the roaring songs you would want to hear if you went to a college frat party," says Elite Beat Agents' designer Keiichi Yano. "I used to play in bands like that, and when the whole crowd is jumping up and down to your tunes...this is the essence of our selections."

    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    The gameplay of Audica is essentially “EBA in VR” and what I’ve played has been really fun.

    You’ve got targets you shoot, some that you have to maintain a held beam on, some you have to trace a path as they chain, and orbs that fly at you that you need to melee. Some targets you have to hold the gun vertical or horizontal to shoot.

    https://youtu.be/4nU_ru2GcOs

Sign In or Register to comment.