As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Just picked up BL3 for $20.

Impressions so far: Playing Borderlands 3 is fucking great.

Listening to Borderlands 3 is a nightmare from which I cannot wake.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Just picked up BL3 for $20.

Impressions so far: Playing Borderlands 3 is fucking great.

Listening to Borderlands 3 is a nightmare from which I cannot wake.

accurate

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Just run the story missions and skip the side-quests; the story flows a lot better that way.

It's still not great, but it's better.

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    New patch today. Nerfed Amara pretty hard.
    enemies dont have mayhem guns anymore.
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-11-09-borderlands-3-patch-hotfixes-nov-9/

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    New patch today. Nerfed Amara pretty hard.
    enemies dont have mayhem guns anymore.
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-11-09-borderlands-3-patch-hotfixes-nov-9/

Oh, arms race doesn't require the new season pass? That's cool.

EDIT: Wait, no, it's part of the Season Pass 2...? Dunno.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Not sure about the TtB nerf since I haven't seen it in action, but getting rid of Fakegrasping is fine with me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    All the Final Form skin packs were free to download for me (Xbox), I havent bought Season Pass 2, dont think I was supposed to be able to download them.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Start new Arms Race quest.

"Haha no we're not going to make you do some helm space bullshit, just use the fast travel" while I'm already heading to the bridge. Die inside, go back to fast travel terminal.

Navigate to Stormblind Complex.

There is no fast travel node.

Fucking A+ Gearbox.

e: Seems like this may be a problem with the Epic Store release specifically, as there are reports of consoles being able to do it fine, and some Steam, with no cases of this bug confirmed on those platforms, and bunches confirmed on Epic.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    All the Final Form skin packs were free to download for me (Xbox), I havent bought Season Pass 2, dont think I was supposed to be able to download them.

They gave it to season pass 1 holders for free

• Options
    Looks like they fixed whatever issue that was.

Gearbox continues to be incomprehensible. Why do you need to go into the social menu to queue for Arms Race? Why is that not the default button option in world? Isn't that the ideal way the mode is supposed to be played? Why do you make it so over half of people that interact with this mode won't even know it's there?

• Options
    Do you have to queue for Arms Race? Can you not run it solo?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    You can run it solo, yeah.

Based on their promotional material, though, it seems like the not ideal way to play it.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    So the only way we're going to see Sal in BL3 is as a disembodied voice doing commentary?

Fuuuck that.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    After doing a few runs of it, it's okay, it's definitely fun to be able to shoot things for big damage and be able to take more than a few hits. It's just ... without the talents and action skills, doesn't feel terribly Borderlandy.

Also Tediore guns, even common white, can be absolutely devastating in Arms Race.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    You can run it solo, yeah.

Based on their promotional material, though, it seems like the not ideal way to play it.

Because they insist on making a game most people play solo into a multiplayer thing and their matchmaking sucks ass so it'll never happen

• Options
    Well I did a run solo, and was able to prevail through to the boss.

Pretty fun. I agree w/ Dac that the lack of action skills did leave it feeling a little hollow. I very much liked the "every gun might matter" feel. I worked my way through some wonky whites and greens and then found some blues and a purple I really enjoyed - some kind of huge fire element masher and a purple sniper w/ good cold damage. I didn't like being herded by the murdercane especially. I was just a few baddies away from being able to loot my second air drop when I got scooted away and couldn't close the deal.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Bah, Binary Operator sounds double horrible (half useless and you get to charge up for the privilege). Hope the other sniper rifle is good.

• Options
    Just did a quick run through of Athenas as Amara, and it took me about the same amount of time with the new nerf. So as of now, the changes to Amara are fine with me.

Unrelated theorycrafting with Zane and Zer0.
    Okay, so the alternate universe Zane goes by the name One, which obviously rings a bell with anyone who did that one side-mission in the Son of Crawmerax DLC. And as we know from literally every other skin he's got, that Zane has something covering one of his eyes. There's tech there, because that's how sci-fi works, but still.

Maybe underneath the mask, Zer0 doesn't have eyes? I mean, a haiku-spouting blind swordsman isn't exactly uncommon in fiction, and it would justify using the emoji-mask if half of your face is missing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Bah, Binary Operator sounds double horrible (half useless and you get to charge up for the privilege). Hope the other sniper rifle is good.

Plasma coil seems to be the big grab

• Options
    Operator comes from one of those schools of design that I'll never understand. "Oh, this weapon is complete shit except at execution range." Okay, game, well, I got the enemy to execution range with my other guns, why the fuck would I switch to this thing instead of just shooting the enemy with the thing I was already killing it with? You need to give weapons like these some kind of special effect for killing enemies with them, like a massive AoE explosion or something.

I've been liking the changes with Fl4k. Respecced out of points in the orange tree and into the purple, swapped out Rakk attack for the gravity snare with the radius+confusion augments, and now combined with the taunt-change in Dominance, I'm a ton more survivable.

• Options
    The enemies in mayhem mode no longer spawn with mayhem level weapons. That probably has done more to keep Fl4k vertical than any skill changes, honestly.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I mean, I spend a fair amount of time lazing in the Cistern of Slaughter, which is all beasts, and it's definitely been a huge help there, but yes, that bugfix also helps.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Apparently Denuvo has been removed from the Steam Borderlands 3 executable:
    https://steamdb.info/depot/397542/history/?changeid=M:5810392720910730831

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Wife and I restarted this game since we have a PS5. Let me tell you... Being able to have 60FPS with split screen is incredible. The game looks and plays so much better.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Damn, talk about on the downlow. I'd heard that someone in the EU space was inquiring about Gearbox a few weeks ago, but didn't think it was anywhere close to getting done.

Also, BL3 on Series X is quite playable and I like Amara's new skill tree from the Designer cut. With the right gearing that orb can go full Krishna/Vishnu on things (i.e I am become death), regardless of Mayhem attributes.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    That is a lot of money.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Picked up the season pass since it was on sale on PSN. Now my wife and I have to finish it!

• Options
    I'm waiting on the Director's Cut DLC before I grab the other season pass.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Finished Borderlands 3 story today. These games never fail to disappoint at first but the gameplay cycle gets OLD by the end of the story. I usually push through the story and lose any desire to play the DLC. Same cycle since BL1, so A+ on consistency.
    Also, I am glad this has more enemy variety than BL2. I got so tired of shooting armored robots in the little red circle in BL2. Rather enjoyed the story mode in BL3. Worst side mission by far was the augmented reality market test tho.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    I'm waiting on the Director's Cut DLC before I grab the other season pass.

Theres been some leaks and frankly I wouldnt bother with the pass waitnfor a sale. Seems like beside a proper raid boss theres one Ava centric mission chain and only like 5 or so new guns. Oh also behind the scenes docs which fuck them I dont want that at all put them on youtube.

• Options
    ToyD wrote: »
    Finished Borderlands 3 story today. These games never fail to disappoint at first but the gameplay cycle gets OLD by the end of the story. I usually push through the story and lose any desire to play the DLC. Same cycle since BL1, so A+ on consistency.
    Also, I am glad this has more enemy variety than BL2. I got so tired of shooting armored robots in the little red circle in BL2. Rather enjoyed the story mode in BL3. Worst side mission by far was the augmented reality market test tho.
    The DLC is a vast improvement over the base game, if you bought the first Season Pass.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Apparently a lot of changes since I last checked. Specifically Dominance getting changed for Fl4k so it can be triggered just by crit hits, and makes enemies go boom when they die. Nice.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    ToyD wrote: »
    The DLC is a vast improvement over the base game, if you bought the first Season Pass.

Yea the first pass came with the bundle over the winter sale on steam. I’ll check it out eventually, but I need a bit of a break from this one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man I wish they'd do a pass on Fl4k's pets. I like the Beefcake Jabber and try to rep it, but there's just absolutely no comparison to any of the ION bots thanks to its AI, which is significantly less aggressive in its firing range and rate.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Borderlands 3
    @Borderlands
    ·
    6m
    We're looking behind the door -- yes, THAT door -- and diving into the details of #Borderlands3's Director's Cut add-on in a new Borderlands Show, Wednesday February 10 at 9am PT! Door

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular

Tales from the Borderlands returns to storefronts February 17! (XBOX, Playstation and PC (Steam and EGS))

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Everyone should play Tales from the Borderlands. Or failing that, find some playthrough of it to watch.

I love it. It's the best thing Telltale produced.

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Well that's amusing. I had just given up on it ever coming back to steam and picked up a PS4 disc copy last week. Oh well.

CSStheGr8 on
    3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075