As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Everyone should play Tales from the Borderlands. Or failing that, find some playthrough of it to watch.

I love it. It's the best thing Telltale produced.
    Also the best gunfight in the BL franchise.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Double post, but Moxsy's got a summary of the whole thing. Most of it looks good, but I'll still wait for a sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bAxJuws-tY

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition is 19,99€ right now at the Humble Store:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/borderlands-3-ultimate-edition
    Could be a price mistake.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition is 19,99€ right now at the Humble Store:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/borderlands-3-ultimate-edition
    Could be a price mistake.

Eh, fine

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Does Borderlands 3 solve the problem with really big empty maps that require you to have a vehicle to traverse? I kept losing my vehicle in those and had to figure out where the closest Catch a Ride was and it kiiiillled me inside every time

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    Does Borderlands 3 solve the problem with really big empty maps that require you to have a vehicle to traverse? I kept losing my vehicle in those and had to figure out where the closest Catch a Ride was and it kiiiillled me inside every time
    You can fast travel from anywhere now, so if you need a new car you just teleport back to a fast travel near a catch-a-ride.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The Jacob's planet is probably the worst planet because the entire thing is such a pain in the ass to traverse. But overall the game does better than the previous games in letting you fast travel.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Okay, just started, but I am enjoying 3 way more than 2. Doing the SNES clear on logs is great

• Options
    Watch out, though.

https://youtu.be/agvCE9y2erE

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ok got 2 Wedding invitations so far. Havent played in a bit so Im a little rusty.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I am almost done with the Jacobs planet, and yeah, the Chadd gun is silly.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Played through the main story. I can see where all the complaints were about, but I think it held up, mostly.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    The story was fine. It moved the shooting and looting forward.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    It had a lot of moments that didn't work, but it had moments that worked as well. I think the whole is less than the sum of its parts.

• Options
    Well not sure if the events still on but apparently theres a glitch where if you dont collect any of the rewards then pick them out of order you can simply exit the pause menu anf go back in and it will reset.
    I managed to do this and got quite a selection of Wedding invitations now with good annointments.

Polyaimorus is trash so I didnt bother

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    It had a lot of moments that didn't work, but it had moments that worked as well. I think the whole is less than the sum of its parts.
    There's a really interesting/good story in there, but it wasn't allowed to shine.

Also they really need to get past the whole 'silent protagonist/generic NPC response' thing. TPS is the only one that didn't, and it was great!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    There's a really interesting/good story in there, but it wasn't allowed to shine.

Also they really need to get past the whole 'silent protagonist/generic NPC response' thing. TPS is the only one that didn't, and it was great!

Theres hints they wanted to but had to ditch it with 80 percent of the story

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Probably the only cutscene where the Vault Hunters are a non-presence works is the Twins going after Lilith and that's because your direct route to her just got blocked, forcing you to run around the whole building to get to her, giving the cutscene plenty of time to happen.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Probably the only cutscene where the Vault Hunters are a non-presence works is the Twins going after Lilith and that's because your direct route to her just got blocked, forcing you to run around the whole building to get to her, giving the cutscene plenty of time to happen.

If they had done that once, it would have been much more effective

• Options
    Also this DNA puzzle or whatever is addictive.

• Options
    Wife and I finally saved Tannis. How far along are we?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Wife and I finally saved Tannis. How far along are we?

chapter 17 of 23

• Options
    Yeah, that's the end of the second act, I think.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Awesome thanks guys. Hopefully we'll be able to finally finish the main campaign and play some of the dlc lmao.

• Options
    I thought about doing the DLC.

Instead, like an idiot I just started a Moze.

She's fun.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

She's fun.

The stupid way they locked Artifcats and class mods really hurts starting a new character imo.

• Options
    edited February 2021

She's fun.

The stupid way they locked Artifcats and class mods really hurts starting a new character imo.

I mean, they at least start you at the planet you unlock mods, but you ain't wrong

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    One of the many things in this game that needed another pass, was pacing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I picked this up because I finally got a pc capable of running it and not falling over dead (still crashed and bluescreened a lot until I figured out the latest geforce driver needed a hotfix)

I started as Zane and swapped over to Amara, did the Handsome Jackpot DLC the moment I hit 14 then finished the main story and holy shit it was so bad! And boring!

At least Guns Love and Tentacles and Bounty of Blood are decent DLC, can't speak for any of the other stuff because I didn't touch it before I put the game back down

The ending having
    Lilith's sacrifice then cutting immediately into THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE after Ava got Scrappy Doo'd into a plot device absolutely sucked and the tonal whiplash made me burst out cringe laughing

Tannis being a siren made absolutely no sense

There was zero pacing, the B team got shoehorned in halfway through the story and the writing was neither good nor funny, two things I had come to expect from playing BL2

Basically if they added sliding and mantling to BL2 that would be my definitive version of a Borderlands video game

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I didn't think Ava was that bad. And nothing in the game was as awful as 2 for me, and in fact improved on its writing in myriad ways.

• Options
    I think everyone kind of forgot that Lilith is a bad leader, heading into BL3. She has to be the leader (because reasons?), but Lilith is perpetually in over her head and makes bad or no decisions all the time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I didn't think Ava was that bad. And nothing in the game was as awful as 2 for me, and in fact improved on its writing in myriad ways.

The thing with Ava is that they made a decent mission of character building for her a side-mission people are likely gonna pass over so they're stuck with what the main story gives you which doesn't make her look great. Admittedly, it still doesn't even with the side-mission but even more so without the side-mission.
    Making her presence at the end of the first Vault's opening a part of why Maya died and her subsequent reactions to it which drag out way too long (not being addressed/told to knock it off until the final chapters) is pretty bad. Making her take back Maya's powers with just a simple poking of Troy's corpse was worse as it just made her getting said powers less important then it should have been. Then being told by Lilith at the end that her "run to the fire" line was correct and that she gets Sanctuary over pretty much everyone else was just plain stupid. They really were hoping to have another Tiny Tina in terms of breakout character but Tina never overstayed her welcome in the story and when a VH she cared about died, how she handled it was written much better.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I didn’t dislike Ava or the story on my first play through. The pissed off teen and unfunny jokes get real old after you go through it more than once. I’m also not attached to Maya in any way so that probably helps.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    This game gets really good once you finish it. My wife and I are playing through areas on Mayhem 1 and it's a blast.

• Options
    This game gets really good once you finish it.
    I know what you're talking about but this sounds like a super raw diss. Loot games are weird.

• Options
    Yeah, I am almost finished with my Moze playthrough, so I can then do the DLC.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    The dlc is better than the base game. Except for arms race.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    This game gets really good once you finish it.
    I know what you're talking about but this sounds like a super raw diss. Loot games are weird.

Hahaha yeah there's no waiting to shoot things. Just teleport somewhere and pew pew and grab the loot. It's so satisfying!

• Options
    Shakey1245Shakey1245 Registered User regular
    One thing I found is that, if you're playing this off an SSD, it's faster to trigger the "Talk to..." objective, quit back to the Main Menu then select Continue. Puts you back in after all the mandatory yammering has been done and in less time than it would have taken otherwise. It made my True Vault Hunter playthrough much more bearable.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Everything to do with the writing and plot of Borderlands 3 is completely atrocious. I would argue BL2 had redeeming qualities: BL3 literally has none. Going through the plot of this game ever again ensures I will never ever touch it as a new character.

It’s atrocious and I hated every minute of having to engage in the story. If I hadn’t been having a good time shooting things with my partner I couldn’t have made it through.

The DLC has been fantastic though. Love, Guns and Tentacles was terrific and I can actually remember lines from it! I am glad I persevered through to the DLC.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.