Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Sorce wrote: »
    Jump to Mayhem 10, raid the vendors, then drop back down to Mayhem 1.

Like buy weapons? I needed money for SDUs. On Zane I have everything at least to 8/10 now. Got assault rifle to 10/10.

I got to 59 on Zane in mayhem 1. I beat the blood harvest boss finally after getting a good weapon off of Pretty Boy in the jackpot DLC.

Thinking of starting up a Siren to try something new. Is there a downside to skipping to 13 with one of the DLC?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Jump to Mayhem 10, raid the vendors, then drop back down to Mayhem 1.

Like buy weapons? I needed money for SDUs. On Zane I have everything at least to 8/10 now. Got assault rifle to 10/10.

I got to 59 on Zane in mayhem 1. I beat the blood harvest boss finally after getting a good weapon off of Pretty Boy in the jackpot DLC.

Thinking of starting up a Siren to try something new. Is there a downside to skipping to 13 with one of the DLC?

Not really no

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Is there an item I should try to get that lets me regen ammo? Just started the Maliwan black site mission and I'm already at less than half ammo for my best weapon after finishing the first mini boss.

There was a ammo vending machine right after so it wasn't a big deal but just curious if I should be hunting for an ammo regen item.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Is there an item I should try to get that lets me regen ammo? Just started the Maliwan black site mission and I'm already at less than half ammo for my best weapon after finishing the first mini boss.

There was a ammo vending machine right after so it wasn't a big deal but just curious if I should be hunting for an ammo regen item.

The best universal one is an artifact that looks like this:

yYD2wva.jpg

Cutpurse anointments let you do melee damage to enemies and get back 10% of the total ammo-type capacity for your equipped weapon. This means with most variants you'll need to get close and stab/punch someone a few times to get your bullets back.

The Launch Pad and Rocket Boots variants of these are especially useful however, since the projectiles they spawn when used count as melee damage. So you can use a Cutpursr Launch Pad to create a cluster of homing rockets, and when those hit enemies they'll replenish whatever ammo type matches the gun you're currently holding.

You can also use the Cutpurse with the Facepuncher shotgun, that will instantly refill its full shotgun ammo capacity as soon you hit anyone.

Aside from that Zane and Moze have skills and anoints that let them regen ammo, and i believe Flak can get ammo back when he crits.

Getting a Cutpurse is... not the easiest. Since it's a prefix, there are no dedicated drops for it, you really just need to have enough artifacts drop until random chance spawns the one you want. It's easier to farm with the Shlooter legendary artifact you can get as a vault reward in DLC6, and then running the Slaughter Shaft area over and over again to farm badass enemies until one pops out.

• Options
    Yeah after 2 its weird theres no universal ammo regen mods at all unless youre Moze( Fl4ks modest one being nerfed to hell)

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

yYD2wva.jpg

Cutpurse anointments let you do melee damage to enemies and get back 10% of the total ammo-type capacity for your equipped weapon. This means with most variants you'll need to get close and stab/punch someone a few times to get your bullets back.

The Launch Pad and Rocket Boots variants of these are especially useful however, since the projectiles they spawn when used count as melee damage. So you can use a Cutpursr Launch Pad to create a cluster of homing rockets, and when those hit enemies they'll replenish whatever ammo type matches the gun you're currently holding.

You can also use the Cutpurse with the Facepuncher shotgun, that will instantly refill its full shotgun ammo capacity as soon you hit anyone.

Aside from that Zane and Moze have skills and anoints that let them regen ammo, and i believe Flak can get ammo back when he crits.

Getting a Cutpurse is... not the easiest. Since it's a prefix, there are no dedicated drops for it, you really just need to have enough artifacts drop until random chance spawns the one you want. It's easier to farm with the Shlooter legendary artifact you can get as a vault reward in DLC6, and then running the Slaughter Shaft area over and over again to farm badass enemies until one pops out.

Does it matter what level I get the shlooter at? I have enough keys for it right now to have a level 62 shlooter.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

yYD2wva.jpg

Does it matter what level I get the shlooter at? I have enough keys for it right now to have a level 62 shlooter.

for your first one it won't matter, it's the base version of the Shlooter so it wont have any secondary effects, just the 1000% buff to loot drop chances

and drop after that you should probably wait for max level before cashing in your keys

• Options
    Is there a bug that can make legendaries drop on almost ever kill? I was doing the Maliwan blacksite quest on mayhem 4 which had big head mode and dropping spinning lasers and almost every kill dropped at least 1 legendary. I had to restart the game and when I went back to the mission basically no legendaries were dropping.

• Options
    Is there a bug that can make legendaries drop on almost ever kill? I was doing the Maliwan blacksite quest on mayhem 4 which had big head mode and dropping spinning lasers and almost every kill dropped at least 1 legendary. I had to restart the game and when I went back to the mission basically no legendaries were dropping.

Dont load the hotfix and grab a shlooter relic

• Options
    edited September 2021

Is there a way to go back to a previous patch on PS5?

The most recent bug fix I see is 1.26 and that was released on 9/9/2021

Stragint on

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

Is there a way to go back to a previous patch on PS5?

I don't think you can do this for anything other than the disc based version of a game. A game that was pulled digitally is typically updated as the base game as patches are released.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    I have the disc version. I tried going offline with the game and that caused legendaries to start dropping all over again in mayhem 4. I tried to do a bit of mayhem 10 in the same place and it seemed like it went to a normal legendary drop chance so I'm not sure if it has to be mayhem 4 or something. Kind of weird but also kind of nice to have a big selection of weapons to goof off with.

• Options
    Do some legendaries only drop off of mobs from the DLC they were introduced? I noticed there are weapons from the third DLC dropping that I didn't see at all before this.

• Options
    Do some legendaries only drop off of mobs from the DLC they were introduced? I noticed there are weapons from the third DLC dropping that I didn't see at all before this.

you generally have to be in one of the areas of a DLC to get drops from that content

dIlg2T7.jpg
    like most of these will only drop when playing Bounty of Blood

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fkCwu0zeX1BBGcNEzWGZDr2kQ0IOPSoZQK2FD-zpw1M/htmlview

this spreadsheet has every drop for all DLCs and their locations, check the world drop column to see whether you have to exclusively farm one boss for them

• Options
    The exception is loaders in the kreig dlc which do drop Jackpot guns

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Pro-Tip for those of you out there who are clueless like me: picked this up on PS5 and was initially disappointed in the graphical fidelity. Turns out you start in a Performance Mode which is 1080P/120FPS. Switch to resolution and I've got a rock solid 4K/60FPS and am now a happy camper (nothing I did on PC could get me steady frames).

. . .sucks to have to replay the entire campaign but oh well, just an excuse to try out a new class.

EDIT: Totally forgot the reason why I came to this thread - are vending machines now always +1 or above on items? After landing on PROMETHEA every vending machine is selling gear that I can't use.

ED! on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Do more side missions.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Do more side missions.

Yeah I figured that out; feel like I didn't have that issue on PC but I probably wasn't beelining through the story either.

• Options
    It's kind of annoying, because the story works a lot better if you don't dilly-dally with side missions, but you eventually get under-levelled and get your ass kicked harder than it should be.

sig.gif
  • Options
    It's kind of annoying, because the story works a lot better if you don't dilly-dally with side missions, but you eventually get under-levelled and get your ass kicked harder than it should be.

Yeah. I was actually getting frustrated with my choice of MOZE and thinking she was just not good. Then I saw that I was level 11 fighting level 13 and 14s and the vending machines weren't giving me any weapons to replace my Lvl 8 purples. . .

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I didn't even think about uninstalling the patch to go back to when it was actually full of loot drops. Does that work if I have the PS5 version using the PS4 disk? I'm assuming not.

• Options
    If you have the disk and you play offline (or opt out of updates) it should work that way since you are playing the release version.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The only way you're playing it unpatched is to play the PS4 version.

• Options
    That's what I was worried about. Sigh. Ah well... I was hoping to be able to enjoy this with the wife again. I wish there were more games that supported local coop that had loot drops on the PS5.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Considering how much the game has been updated since, with level caps and all that... would you even want to? What's the point of getting all those drops if they're potentially 15 levels lower and worthless to you? Plus I doubt your save would be compatible anyways, unless you wanted to start over again.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Considering how much the game has been updated since, with level caps and all that... would you even want to? What's the point of getting all those drops if they're potentially 15 levels lower and worthless to you? Plus I doubt your save would be compatible anyways, unless you wanted to start over again.

Starting over wouldn't be a big deal tbh. I dunno... The game felt lifeless the day they released the patch that nerfed the drops.

• Options
    Trying to farm items is quickly reminding me why I burned out so hard on BL2. I think I might just beat all the DLC and call BL3 done and maybe play a new character in a few months.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    The only way you're playing it unpatched is to play the PS4 version.

Oh. . .right. No way you're getting the PS5 upgrade (which is fantastic) without the latest patch. Whoof.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Think I'm going to bump things back to like mayhem level 3 when I start playing again, was having more fun.

Felt like trying to really ramp things up is for people who got a lot more guardians ranks than I do.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I really want to like Moze but damn, the animations for entering and exiting Iron Bear really take me out of it. It's like a half second of black screen both ways and is kind of disorienting in the middle of a fight.

Carpy on
  • Options
    Is there a good list some where that goes over what legendaries I should keep and sell? I generally sell guns based on whether I like how they feel when I shoot them or not but I can also get used to good ones I'm not feeling.

My bank is filled with legendaries and I need to figure out what to sell.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

Thank you!

For the arms race DLC, am I always going in there without my gear or is there a way to go in with gear?

• Options
    You always go in without, because the goal is to bring gear out of the arena.

sig.gif
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I am coming back to this after not playing for 2 years. I got the platinum in the base game and wanted to wait until they finished all the dlc before I came back. If I am just interested in finishing all the dlc trophies is there anything in particular I need to watch out for? I am not planning on pushing mayhem levels, hell I am still level 50 on my main and I might just stay there. I just went to experience the rest of the content.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    You always go in without, because the goal is to bring gear out of the arena.

You can however cash in vault card keys and chests which can help immensely

• Options
    Well I wrapped up all the trophies in the heist and tentacle dlc. They were both pretty good and the trophy requirements were pretty easy. I did end up playing on tvhm so I hit 72 before finishing up the heist. While using my golden keys, on mayhem 10, I got a Lucien's call. This thing is fucking incredible on Amara and I have been curb stomping everything since then.

I did not realize that the bounty dlc was supposed to be a Japanese western but I am digging it. Very glad that it seems like I am going to get the chance to murder Rose because what an asshole.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My brother bought Borderlands on sale a while ago on Steam. I think he actually bought the whole series at once. It might have been part of a Humble bundle. I've already owned them all. My brother started a solo game of Borderlands 1 and got decently far on his own, before he ran into a bit of a difficulty wall. So then he decided to jump into BL2 and dabbled a bit with that for like a minute. Then he jumped into BL3 and also dabbled.

I told him I'd play a fresh new game with him. I didn't know if he'd actually like it or not, so I decided I'd start him with the best one. We've been playing BL2 and we're nearly at the end at this point. Actually, my motivation was twofold. The other reason was that I wanted to do the Bunkers and Badasses DLC with him, so that he'd have a proper appreciation for Tina and that idea when Tiny Tina's Wonderland comes out. So after we complete the main story of BL2, we'll go through the DLC.

After that, I'm thinking I want to jump back and play TPS next with him. My thought process for that decision is that TPS is about Jack's rise to power, so it will be a more familiar story for him. And actually, despite the fact that I did not care for the twins much at all, I'm looking forward to starting a new game of BL3 and going through that with him as well. Hopefully we don't burn out or lose focus along the way.

I don't think we're planning on going deep into any of the games. Probably just a single playthrough of each, for the story, plus the DLC, and then we will move on. Depending on how long this project takes, and how close it puts us to Tiny Tina's Wonderland, I might encourage a replay of BL3 into harder difficulties. We'll see.

• Options
    Theres no reason to play true vault hunter in 3 mayhem is identical for both

• Options
    I finished up all the trophies last week. I enjoyed all the dlc except arms race, battle Royale is not my favorite game mode. I ended up finding a fire elemental unkempt Harold that used 2 ammo per shot but fired 6 shots. That thing was fucking ridiculous. Hoping they don't release anything else with trophies so I don't have to download all that again.

Having completed as much of the game as there is too complete, I am not sure if I will be getting the next one. The writing is just so bad in the main game that I will probably pick it up on sale somewhere down the line if I ever buy it. The fact they had to dedicate an entire dlc to one character just to stop fans from hating her is pretty damn bad. And I still came out on the otherwise lukewarm at best.