As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Save some for the rest of us. On try 3 for CG lighting’s stmr and finishing up with some 1% still on it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Save some for the rest of us. On try 3 for CG lighting’s stmr and finishing up with some 1% still on it.

I spent...a lot of orbs to get that first rare on Cross Aigaion Arms. I always seem to get 2-3 rares in a row and then nothing for a long time.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    ...man, I never get this when I try for tank weapons. Ran Fry's Terra's Sword to see if I could get some attack bonuses to round her up, ended up with 30% HP instead. Which, I mean, it's good, but come on!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Ok, I just cannot beat this stupid bird. I don't think I have the resists for it. I can get it down to 30-50% pretty consistently, but I can't survive its Frozen Hurricane attack. It either wipes me outright or kills enough of my team I can't recover anyway.

Oh well, maybe when it gets powercrept more. Thanks to everyone who helped with a friend unit!

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    5* was Fohlen #5.

Can we get expert quests yet?

• Options
    Mine was a copy of captain dickface, aka Jake. I don't even know if I had him yet or not, nor do I really care, to be honest.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    My 5* EX was Livid Shantotto #4. STMR complete!

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Item dungeon was nice to me. I got the rare on Kimono Fina's bow on my second attempt. It ended up with a total of +45% MAG, +35% ATK, and +5% HP. Now to try for the rare on Daybreak

• Options
    4* EX Ticket gave me Summer Fid#1. Neat for collection purposes but I doubt I'll ever use them.

• Options
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Ok, I just cannot beat this stupid bird. I don't think I have the resists for it. I can get it down to 30-50% pretty consistently, but I can't survive its Frozen Hurricane attack. It either wipes me outright or kills enough of my team I can't recover anyway.

Oh well, maybe when it gets powercrept more. Thanks to everyone who helped with a friend unit!

Are you trying for all missions by having the two extra big birds spawn? If so, try.taking them out one by one so that they don't chain you to death with their counter-attacks they use when hit with lightning

• Options
    I think I'm going to finally take down Aigaion now that I have Ignis 7* to help with buffs, DM, and healing. We'll see how it goes.

• Options
    So, uh. I guess I have Physalis now. Asked a friend to throw some tickets on a lark, he actually landed me a copy, so I tossed 5K lapis into the banner, and got another.

I have absolutely fucking nothing to equip a gun user though!

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I think I'm going to finally take down Aigaion now that I have Ignis 7* to help with buffs, DM, and healing. We'll see how it goes.

Let us know if you need any specific units set up for it.

• Options
    Anyone on this thread have a 7* Op Zyrus?

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I threw a few 4* tickets on Physalis' banner since I wanted Juraga for his TMR. First one broke into rainbow and was WoL Lenna #2. Cool. Next one was straight rainbow and I got Physalis. I doubt I'll summon for a dupe, but it was pretty whacky luck

Got Juraga on the fourth 4* ticket

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

I do; he's on my Event 1 tab right now.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

Yeah, I spent a bit more and pulled one then UoC'd the prism. He's in Event 2 (ID #099,738,950 if needed)

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Aigaion down all missions! Doc Aiden combo with Ignis was pretty clutch for that fight. I had support for days. I had a few dicey rounds where Seig was dying every turn, but I was able to get recover and get back on track. Team was Seig (evade, passive provoke), Ignis, Doc Aiden, Kryla, and 2x AK Rain.

edit: I'm a dummy and forgot to put a body piece on Aiden. I was going to do some raid pull to get TMR moogles for him and got ahead of myself. So, he worked out great even without his own TMR or robe on! LOL

Also, I used more trust coins to get the last couple of 5* EX tickets: WR Firion #2 (neat!) and Shadowlord #6 (ugh!)

Tiphares on
  • Options
    So, I got an Amazing Success on an Expedition and was feeling lucky. I pulled a few more tickets on the Aiden/Zyrus banner. 10% rainbow actually worked! Op Zyrus! Now, to UoC or not... I still have over 50. I think it will be worthwhile since I still need to do Bloody Moon, but not sure.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    So, I got an Amazing Success on an Expedition and was feeling lucky. I pulled a few more tickets on the Aiden/Zyrus banner. 10% rainbow actually worked! Op Zyrus! Now, to UoC or not... I still have over 50. I think it will be worthwhile since I still need to do Bloody Moon, but not sure.

Op Zyrus should be able to destroy moon easily, but the question is...do you have any use for the Artemis Bow? Right now the best user of it is A.Fryevia with Equip Bow materia. Then again, moon is a pretty fun fight once you crack it and I think is worth fighting just to fight it.

• Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try BM reborn later this weekend. Just wanted to see if folks had some OpZ's I could ask to be configured for it. He's lacking in HP so probably lose some MAG for extra HP/SPR.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, uh. I guess I have Physalis now. Asked a friend to throw some tickets on a lark, he actually landed me a copy, so I tossed 5K lapis into the banner, and got another.

How many No Good Jakes have you gotten on top of the one you got today? Not enough for his STMR? I used that on Citan for quite a while.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

How many No Good Jakes have you gotten on top of the one you got today? Not enough for his STMR? I used that on Citan for quite a while.

Physalis wants to dualwield, NGJake's weapon is 2H.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Been doing some rummaging around to see what can I build Physalis with, given the units and weapons I have. Ran my two best non-elemental guns, which isn't saying much, into the IW, and after the bonuses, tried to build her for at least hitting the 400% atk bonus (ended up 402%). This is about what I managed, once I gave Fry the Chocobo adventurer instead of normal Adventurer and so freed it.
    Uhpj5Nu.png

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Third rare run in a row, got Hightide+ on Dynamo Dagger and terrible rolls besides. Gonna run it through again since the rare doesn't really do anything for it.

Edit: Meh, 10% ATK and 17% HP is good enough for a weapon that likely won't see much use. Moving on now to get better mods on Artemis Bow.

Cruor on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Been doing some rummaging around to see what can I build Physalis with, given the units and weapons I have. Ran my two best non-elemental guns, which isn't saying much, into the IW, and after the bonuses, tried to build her for at least hitting the 400% atk bonus (ended up 402%). This is about what I managed, once I gave Fry the Chocobo adventurer instead of normal Adventurer and so freed it.
    Uhpj5Nu.png

Sounds like an excuse to do the Reborn Ice Bird for that big shiny gun.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Uhpj5Nu.png

Sounds like an excuse to do the Reborn Ice Bird for that big shiny gun.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have very little chance of beating such recent trials. I have a very severe lack of tanks going on.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Craigopogo wrote: »

Are you trying for all missions by having the two extra big birds spawn? If so, try.taking them out one by one so that they don't chain you to death with their counter-attacks they use when hit with lightning

I was just trying to beat it for the gun. The little birds weren't an issue. I'd just chain AK Rain LBs and erase them pretty easily. It was the big bird and his Frozen Hurricane. I have an Ayaka I need to level up, since she can't even survive the ambush right now. Maybe once she's tougher she can be a more reliable help with the stop effect, but then I'd probably just get killed by it anyway.

I have a 7 start OP Zyrus as well. He's on my Event 1 tab I think.

• Options
    10+1 ticket was 4g7b. That is all.

• Options
    CG Lightning #5 for me.

• Options
    Raegen#2. Decent TMR but there's a lot of 60+% ATK TMRs around now.

• Options
    Mine was Dark Fina #5 and 10 blues. Neh.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Sol #1 from the 10+1 ticket

• Options
    I asked my sister to roll some of the 150 EX tickets I had laying around for giggles. She got a rainbow early so I told her to just keep rolling, and she actually landed 5 rainbows in about 55 or so tickets! Malphasie 6, Flame Boring 2, Kunshira 2, Ellesperis 5, Ignis 2.

• Options
    Ignis is a fantastic support after his enhancements. Thankfully we have an ongoing story event and you'll be able to farm the needed crysts next week if you want to use him.

• Options
    Ignis is 100% worth. He was amazing and easy to use in my recent trial clear. He has a lot of enhancements so it might be a little pricey. Luckily I had plenty of materials because I don't enhance a unit unless I plan to use them.

• Options
    Support is a thing I'm pretty alright on, at least. I got Sylvie and Maritime Nichol (properly enhanced), and in fact due to my lack of good healers I've been running both of them and using their regens to keep people topped up on medium level stuff without bringing a healer.

• Options
    Oh yeah MSNichol is a fantastic support when fully enhanced and his latent abilities are unlocked. He was instrumental to my successful Aigaion Reborn fight. Ignis is a lot like Nichol but also has the ability to easily top off LB gauges and imbue different elements (I think fire/ice/lightning?)

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Well I took a moment to do the Bonus stage. Missed a couple of the things, though. One, because I didn't notice the "do wind damage" thing and didn't bring anyone with a wind attack, and the Kill With LB one because the boss decided to survive with 1% HP, then of course die to the Esthers countering. Grumble.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Decided to do a single 4k pull on the Aiden/Zyrus step-up. Got three rainbows. Op Zyrus#1, Elena#1, and CG Charlotte#4. That's a really nice shield, will definitely take that! Would have loved a second Aiden but I can't be mad at the pull I did have.