As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm just a sucker, but I'm loving the story in the Physalis event.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm a sucker for misfits and found family stories, so Physalis' story hits a few of my favorite tropes.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    More evidence that Xon has been a useful unit for a long time:

0smmll9lmh5w.jpeg

That’s the long way. Appropriately enough, the last point was on today’s Vault of Hidden Treasures.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Said 'why not?' and did two rounds of the Aiden / Zyrus banner. I got:

Doc Aiden #1
    Agent Olive #1
    Beryl #3
    BM Golbez #2
    Shadowlord #3
    Machina #5

And then I used the four tickets and got Doc Aiden #2. Getting him with the four tickets was lucky, since it's only 20% featired. Machina was unfortunate, but I won't complain too much about it

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I got my first IW rare this morning on Cross Aigaion Arm. Final total was 25% ATK and 30% HP.

I keep seeing all of these 3k+ MAG Op Zyrus friends and it's making me want to UoC him. I think I will wait until we get our free 5* EX and pull for WoL on Thurs. It's just a few days away.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Finally got Op Z’s TMR last night (almost have a second doc aiden). Boosted him up a bit more.

Think i might try BM reborn. Can folks throw an Op Z up with minimum 10K hp and 700 spr?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Finally dragged myself through enough to get the 10k pull.

Dupes: Folka #2, Slyvie #2 (!), Circe #4 (!), Elena #2 (!), Akstar #2, Livid Shantotto #5.
    New: Tifa, Sol, Assassin Shadow, WoL Krile, Wild Rose Firion.

100% worth.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Finally got Op Z’s TMR last night (almost have a second doc aiden). Boosted him up a bit more.

Think i might try BM reborn. Can folks throw an Op Z up with minimum 10K hp and 700 spr?

@Trajan45
    Mine is setup in Event 1. He has 7 million eHP and some spirit/demon killer

• Options
    Got the rare on Artemis Bow, ended with 45% MAG and 42% ATK. Pretty good! Now I guess I can focus on Prompto's STMR.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    ...oh come ON! So after some runs of some random stuff, a couple guns, a couple swords, the magma staff, etc, I got the Survival Knife for Beryl, since she's my magic tank, and ran the item world hoping for HP and SPR... and I hit the rare. Rare plus, in fact - High Tide+. Beryl, of course, kinda doesn't have a rotation that allows for regular LBing.

I mean, I kept it because a knife with +SPR will eventually be cycled into a support and supports almost universally have great LBs, but still, damn it.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Lorek wrote: »

@Trajan45

I’ll give it a try tomorrow. These newer trials are nearly impossible without having the guide up as well.

• Options
    edited December 2019

@Trajan45

I’ll give it a try tomorrow. These newer trials are nearly impossible without having the guide up as well.

Scorn of Bloody Moon is ridiculous in that regard since it's actions are strictly tied to turn count and health percentage. There's no rotation, really. And if you're not running an AoE mirage unit you'll need to know when to swap covers between physical and magical, otherwise you just wipe.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Would you look at that. I tossed the couple 5* EX tickets and they landed Ignis #3... and Lenna #2. It appears I finally have an actual 7* healer! What I don't actually have is a decent staff for her, I think.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Reagan #3 and Yuraisha #2 from my 5* EX tickets.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Sylvie #6 and Yuffie #2. Whomp whomp.

• Options
    Operator Zyrus #3 (though 2nd one from a 5* EX ticket, how's that for odds)
    Veritas of the Light #I didn't even bother checking.

• Options
    I'm saving mine for Thursday and a potential WoL in there.

I got the rare on the Sacrusanct rod last night, but the other mods were kind of crap. Oh well. It's a nice alt rod when mages need more SPR.

• Options
    Not sure if Gumi won or I did... Getting Zyrus #3 made me consider pulling more since I could get end up with either 7* Aiden or a Zyrus STMR.
    Decided why not, I'll get some rainbows with it anyway. First multi comes down rainbow, Zyrus #4 (and Dark Knight Luneth #2, meh).
    Now I have something to run through item world.

• Options
    Hm. I might just give Lenna the survival knife. I think it's actually worse for Beryl on average than what she's doing now, which is Instrumental Flair and then just use Roy's STMR, which kind of has a whole shitload of stats on it.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    When the second 5* ex ticket gave me Delita #3, I just decided to skip FFBE for the day. Obviously there is some bad mojo waiting for me.

• Options
    Got BSSakura#4 from a ticket yesterday, and today the 5* tickets were PSRydia#1 and Lila#2. At least Lila becomes a monster with her Latent Abilities, but...global's been kinda slow on releasing Latent Abilities.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular

Mine is good to go in Event 1.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

@Trajan45

Scorn of Bloody Moon is ridiculous in that regard since it's actions are strictly tied to turn count and health percentage. There's no rotation, really. And if you're not running an AoE mirage unit you'll need to know when to swap covers between physical and magical, otherwise you just wipe.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to understand. I think I'll try this team:

DW Galuf - innate provoke, damage mitegation, with auto-med.
    Basch - for switching between covers.
    Doc Aiden for healing
    Op Z x2 for damage
    Maybe MS Nichol for buffing and more DM. Wish I had 1 more Myra to use her as buffer/healer. Could also go double healer with Folka.

• Options
    Delita and Ramza. Don't know what else I expected. I guess I should blame myself, or God.

• Options
    At least Ramza has a great STMR light shield.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Cruor wrote: »
    At least Ramza has a great STMR light shield.

Yeah, I have two of them now. Dual shwield when?

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Sephiroth #6 and Shadowlord #5, bleh.

• Options
    Olive #4 and Yuraisha #1. This game really wants me to pull for Physalis. Too bad they didn't give her Godrea's skill set.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Olive's STMR is really nice, at least.

• Options
    Cururu wrote: »
    Olive's STMR is really nice, at least.

Sadly it's best on a TDH unit. Otherwise it's hard to make up the TDW stats removing one of those accessories and most of my gun users are TDW. Maybe if I get an Agent Olive down the road.

• Options
    Bloody Moon down. That was painful lol. The guides are not helpful at all. All this talk of swapping physical/magic cover, I tried with DW Galuf and WKN but most of the time it didn't matter. My group with full protections on could handle the magic damage but Galuf geared for Defense (26K HP / 1800 Def / 770 Spr) was getting wrecked by the comet move constantly. I can see why SS Charlotte is the MvP for this fight. Her massive SPR would be able to tank that comet better. I missed the kill with magic mission since everything was falling apart (all re-raises were on cooldown) and just needed to kill him.

I might try again later. I can get Galuf up to 1150 SPR but that's a far cry from SS Charlotte's 1650+. Thanks @Lorek, your Op Z worked great, though MP was too low for his magnus ability :)

Next up is Moose and Aigaion. If I can find a geared Cid, I'll give Moose a shot. I'd imagine that Op Z would work for Aigaion?

• Options
    Op Z will work for both Moose and Aigaion. Just keep your Op Z's HP/SPR about where they were for Moon and you should be golden. For Aigaion, you'll want your Galuf to have 100% passive provoke for the lasers when the arms are down. I used eSieg, and ~25k HP and 1.2k in DEF/SPR worked well enough.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My tickets today got me Wilhelm #4 and Sieghard #3

• Options
    Bloody Moon down. That was painful lol. The guides are not helpful at all. All this talk of swapping physical/magic cover, I tried with DW Galuf and WKN but most of the time it didn't matter. My group with full protections on could handle the magic damage but Galuf geared for Defense (26K HP / 1800 Def / 770 Spr) was getting wrecked by the comet move constantly. I can see why SS Charlotte is the MvP for this fight. Her massive SPR would be able to tank that comet better. I missed the kill with magic mission since everything was falling apart (all re-raises were on cooldown) and just needed to kill him.

I might try again later. I can get Galuf up to 1150 SPR but that's a far cry from SS Charlotte's 1650+. Thanks @Lorek, your Op Z worked great, though MP was too low for his magnus ability :)

Next up is Moose and Aigaion. If I can find a geared Cid, I'll give Moose a shot. I'd imagine that Op Z would work for Aigaion?

Oof sorry, I thought I had potted his MP but apparently I had not. Fixed now.

I used him for the bonus stage and I actually really like him. Once I get his STMR through item world I may just red quartz him out.

• Options
    I decked him as I had 700+ red quartz so I figured why not. Who knows if I'll pull for CG Dark Fina. As is she's just a minor upgrade and not as tanky.

I do wish I could get a rare here. I've used 100 orb pots and so far nadda. The best I've gotten is a couple 15/10/5 combo's, which will be fine for things like Godhands that I will barely use. I'd really like a couple rare's for the BM-R bow and CG Lightning's STMR.

• Options
    I on the other hand keep getting rares, just on stuff I wouldn't really want them as much. For example, landed the dagger rare on a dagger meant for Beryl, and landed the sword rare on the Spiritual Sword I was running through for Lenna (because it's as good SPR-wise as any of my staffs AND lets her use Spiritual defense).

Ran Esther's sword though the thing four times and the best I've managed is 10 atk though.

• Options
    Huh, I was not expecting Noctis and Luna right before Christmas.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Huh, I was not expecting Noctis and Luna right before Christmas.

It certainly makes the calculus on CG Warrior of Light interesting with a Christmas Tank on the way. As much as I like Noctis and Lunafreya, this style of step-up is terrible and I can only condone tickets at best.

• Options
    I've heard that Lunafreya is a pretty amazing support unit, but I don't know anything about her kit. I don't plan to pull on this banner at all. I think i have enough other FFXV bonus units to skip it entirely.

• Options
    This will be our first taste of the new Mog King style. Which means the grind is made up and the bonus units don't matter, because like 90% of the good stuff is behind event points now. We'll see if Gumi does anything to fix it.