As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I guess I'm finally glad to have a 7* Prompto and Gladiolus. Some bonus units on what otherwise appears to be a really bad banner. I hope I can get a Kenny Crow with tickets.

The rates are bad, that is, I don't know anything about the units other than that I need Kenny Crow.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    And they are bringing back that terrible slot thing.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I do think it's interesting that they're putting the 'free' 5* unit behind the event points. On one hand that's 150k currency that doesn't have to be earned/spent in the MK shop. On the other, depending on what milestone she's earned at, it could be better or worse than earning that currency in the first place. Hopefully they handle that well.

Oh and speaking of JP changes coming to GL, we shouldn't be too far out from the changed up Story Event where the bonus crystal caves no longer have lapis as rewards, effectively sapping another 800 lapis per month out of the f2p economy. Hoping they fix that for GL too.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    So it looks like there's a must have accessory in the FFXV exploration in the second week of this event.

Mog Charm(FFXV) [Accessory]
    +33 DEF, +28 SPR, +10% All Element Resists
    +50% Chance to be Targeted

+50% passive provoke is HUGE and lets most meta tanks get to 100% passive provoke with just that item.

• Options
    Gave Scorn of the Machina of Destruction a try. Think I had the wrong team comp. I saw some folks on reddit with both Physical and Magic tanks so I gave that try but WKN didn't do much of anything and he didn't cover much when the arms died. Also forgot King Edgars breaks are mostly ST which sucked. My main issue was LB generation. Most of my units needed LB's up and it took awhile.

I think I'll drop WKN and see if a high SPR party will work. That will allow for Sylvie for support and maybe Cid as a finisher for kicks. Might have to poke around reddit or somewhere to see if I can find more Op Z friend. Need one with high SPR.

• Options
    Yeah, I used a single tank strategy (eSieg, 100% passive provoke, just guarded when the arms were dead) which worked really well. If you have A.Locke he is pretty great for this trial. Yes, his best breaks are ST, but the arms are immune to ATK/MAG breaks anyway and 65% DEF/SPR breaks should be enough for Op Z to blast them down quickly. A. Locke also has the benefit of having a baked-in magic mitigation which paired well with the general mitigation I was getting elsewhere. And yeah, LB generation is a pain in this fight so I made sure to bring a support (CG Nichol) who had general mitigation that didn't depend on an LB.

• Options
    No A Locke; might try CG Lid. She can AoE the arms and hit the body with 70%'s. Might throw Folka back in, not sure this one needs a ton of party re-raises. Along with MS Nichol for another source of DM, she can add some Phys/Mag DM as well.

• Options
    In my successful clear the only unit that died was Sieghard, and only once. So long as you keep up general/magical mitigation and make sure to hit the boss with Light when he charges up his big nuke you'll be fine. Make sure to have a lightning resist buff somewhere for the counter attack he does when hit with Light.

• Options
    Does holy from RoL count as a light hit? Might throw Zarg in for MS Nichol then. He has extra DM and can boost elements.

• Options
    It should yes. Just keep in mind that he'll always counter with a lightning attack on top of his usual attacks when hit with light. I just used my healer to dualcast a heal and Holy for the light hit.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    And they are bringing back that terrible slot thing.

I liked the slot machine before...of course I also got 4 5* tickets out of it so I might be biased

• Options
    The slot machine is just a way to give fewer rewards to the majority of people because of how the RNG works. I think it's better than just stretching out Fan Festa rewards for months to avoid doing something special for the holidays, but it's strictly worse than just giving everyone the same rewards (then again, the guaranteed "milestone" rewards are nice and standard).

But, as we've seen with the JP version, the game is only going to become less and less F2P friendly as time goes on (which is counter to how many aging gachas do it). Sure, our version of the Fest units is better, but we're still getting the terrible step-up replacement and may also be seeing fewer rewards from other things going forward. Thankfully we have confirmation that we're getting a story reset, but the way it works is still mostly nebulous.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Since we don't have WoL coming this week, I'm going to let my kids pull the 2x 5* EX tickets tonight. That will determine if tonight is extra dessert or early bedtime.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Since we don't have WoL coming this week, I'm going to let my kids pull the 2x 5* EX tickets tonight. That will determine if tonight is extra dessert or early bedtime.

Poor kids.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    The upcoming event (combined with an influx of Gil and cactaurs from the raid), convinced me to 7* Ignis. Is it worth enhancing or potting him?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    maraji wrote: »
    The upcoming event (combined with an influx of Gil and cactaurs from the raid), convinced me to 7* Ignis. Is it worth enhancing or potting him?

Ignis is amazing when enhanced. Just Cooking+2 alone gives 30% general mitigation and unlocks access to 50% general mitigation, 80% all element resists, MP/HP regens, a ridiculous LB filling/rate increasing move...all of which can be dualcast. Sure, you need to use Cooking+2 every 5 turns or so, but it alone gives respectable mitigation. His CD buff (which can be dualcast with his unlocked cooking skills) is also a 200% all stat buff with stat break immunity and unlocks his imbues (fire, ice, lightning, which can be dualcast).

Edit: He lacks typed mitigation, however, so you'd want to make sure you have that from another source.

Cruor on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »

Ignis is amazing when enhanced. Just Cooking+2 alone gives 30% general mitigation and unlocks access to 50% general mitigation, 80% all element resists, MP/HP regens, a ridiculous LB filling/rate increasing move...all of which can be dualcast. Sure, you need to use Cooking+2 every 5 turns or so, but it alone gives respectable mitigation. His CD buff (which can be dualcast with his unlocked cooking skills) is also a 200% all stat buff with stat break immunity and unlocks his imbues (fire, ice, lightning, which can be dualcast).

Edit: He lacks typed mitigation, however, so you'd want to make sure you have that from another source.

Thanks!

• Options
    Got the rare on Executioner, ended with 45% ATK 5% HP. Good enough for something I may never use! I guess the last few runs can go towards Stardust Rod, that cursed thing that never gets the rare.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Got the rare on Executioner, ended with 45% ATK 5% HP. Good enough for something I may never use! I guess the last few runs can go towards Stardust Rod, that cursed thing that never gets the rare.

I know what you mean. I've been running the katana I use for Esther several times, to no avail, then I thought "Let's tun a Hyomonto through too, in case I have to fight something weak to ice, that way I can save myself the imbues and shit". Bam, rare, 40% atk 25% hp.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I've run Zyrus' STMR maybe 30 times through now and I have yet to get anything better than 17% MAG and 15% HP.
    I hate item world.

• Options
    Item world is the worst. I've used over a 100 orb refreshes, been running all kinds of different weapons: Hyoh's STMR, CG Lightnings STMR, MS Nichol's STMR, Circe's STMR, Artimis Bow, and others without a single rare popping up. GUMI needs to take a page from Epic 7 and other gacha's and put a pity pull in. If you run a weapon through 10-15 times, you can be guaranteed a rare on floor 10. Having that in place would probably boost lapis use as well.

It's sad because getting Op Z, Physalis side story, and some of the fun pulling things like the 11 all rainbow pull really got me back into the game. I was having fun and was even considering spending money again if the fountain came back. But item world is really dragging me back down to hating this crap.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    When the second 5* ex ticket gave me Delita #3, I just decided to skip FFBE for the day. Obviously there is some bad mojo waiting for me.

Finished up the 25 character Black Moles.

Ex5 star was Delita#4. RNGesus sending a strong message of hate for the holidays.

• Options
    Item World is really feast or famine for me. Sometimes I get absolutely nothing, but this time I've gotten 6 (I think?) rares.

It can be really disheartening when you don't get any good mods on something, but thankfully most units we get from now on are so close to the stat cap on their main stat (and 70% conditional materia are becoming more common) that the IW rares aren't 100% necessary, but are still nice if they include HP.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Is Zyrus worth UoCing? I decided to throw one 3* and one 4* ticket at the banner and the second was Zyrus!

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Is Zyrus worth UoCing? I decided to throw one 3* and one 4* ticket at the banner and the second was Zyrus!

Who are your current mages? Have you beaten Scorn of the Bloody Moon? Do you have any plans to pull for CG Dark Fina when she comes out? Op Zyrus is far-away the best mage we have, and his damage rivals that of AK Rain. I don't need a new mage, really, but I've been tempted to UoC his prism.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    As always, complaining on the forum finally worked. Kind of. Zyrus' STMR rolled up with the Rare, 10% HP and 5% MAG. Could be a lot better but I finally got the rare so that's GOOD ENOUGH!

• Options

Who are your current mages? Have you beaten Scorn of the Bloody Moon? Do you have any plans to pull for CG Dark Fina when she comes out? Op Zyrus is far-away the best mage we have, and his damage rivals that of AK Rain. I don't need a new mage, really, but I've been tempted to UoC his prism.

Fox lady. Probably no on CG Fina.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I mean, Tsukiko is basically tailor made for Moon, so you don't really need a new mage for that fight.

• Options

Fox lady. Probably no on CG Fina.

I'd say if you want to use Op Zyrus for whatever reason then go ahead and UoC his prism. Since he's up there with the top physical damage dealers he'll be useful in any content really.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    I mean, Tsukiko is basically tailor made for Moon, so you don't really need a new mage for that fight.

How so?

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »

How so?

She has a multi-guts mechanic, meaning she can be built more for magic damage as opposed to needing to sacrifice damage for bulk. She has a CD that gives her additional Fairy/Demon killers (moon is a Demon and Fairy). She has multiple elements to hit weaknesses on the apostles and also strong non-elemental damage if needed. Her SPR, even when not building for bulk, is respectably high. She's really a great damage dealer for the Moon Reborn.

• Options
    I'll have to try it out.

Main issue is I don't know if my tanks are up to it.

• Options
    Yeah, Moon Reborn is a big tank/support check. You need to account for BIG ST magic damage, AoE magic damage, AoE physical damage, and a bunch of uncoverable damage as well. So, you want a beefy as heck provoke tank for the comet moons that are spammed each round, and then either a magic tank and a source of AoE mirage or a tank than can reliably swap between physical and magical cover. You'll also want general and typed mitigations.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I saw a Blood Moon run that used Sieg (bulky provoke tank) and Basch (physical and magic AOE tank swap). You don't have to have CG Charlotte for that fight, but I know she is pretty great for it.

edit:

Reminder: Lots of stuff ending during Maintenance in 6-ish hours!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/e99hvb/gl_maintenance_whats_ending_and_when/

Tiphares on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Dropped all 6 10% rainbow tickets on the Zyrus banner. Got nothing. I'm not surprised.

I think I dropped maybe 60 tickets on this banner. 2 off-banner rainbows. 20 tickets on the Olive banner gave me 7 * Olive, though.

• Options
    Ugh i hate kill with esper missions. I literally got him down to 1% and bahamut couldn’t finish him off.

• Options
    So I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make an A team. This is what I have:

DPS:
    Esther
    AK Rain
    Tsukiko
    Bartz (if leveled)
    OP Zyrus (if UoC'd)

Healer:
    LM Fina
    Folka
    Aeris (if leveled)

Buff:
    Yuraisha
    Sylvie

Tank:
    Merc Ramza
    WK Noel

Debuffer:
    Summer Fid

I feel my DPS is generally ok and my healers decent-ish. I feel my buffers and debuffers are so so. I feel my physical tank is garbage and my magic tank is adequate.

Thoughts?

• Options
    ugh, think I just lost CG lightnings STMR till next week. Maintenance right on the dot these days. I did get a Rare finally on Artemis' Bow which is great. Just wish it hadn't taken me 200 orbs to do so.

Also threw a normal ticket at the BF Olive/Xon banner just to see, got a rainbow, which ended up as DW Galuf #3. Oh well.

• Options
    So I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make an A team. This is what I have:

DPS:
    Esther
    AK Rain
    Tsukiko
    Bartz (if leveled)
    OP Zyrus (if UoC'd)

Healer:
    LM Fina
    Folka
    Aeris (if leveled)

Buff:
    Yuraisha
    Sylvie

Tank:
    Merc Ramza
    WK Noel

Debuffer:
    Summer Fid

I feel my DPS is generally ok and my healers decent-ish. I feel my buffers and debuffers are so so. I feel my physical tank is garbage and my magic tank is adequate.

Thoughts?

Yeah your DPS is fine. Folka enhanced is really good still (I use her over Doc Aiden sometimes). FID is awesome and one of the highest ranked debuffers since she's sort of a healer/debuffer.

Your tanks and buffers kind of play off each other. WKN is still ok, but he needs a buffer with general mitigation. So WKN with Zarg or MS Nichol and Folka works to cover all your DM needs (especially if you throw Pod on him for the 40% phy dm). However Sylvie needs your tank to cover the general DM, which right now falls to SS Charlotte, Sieghard, or DW Galuf. We'll be getting CG WoL who is a physical version of SS Charlotte and possibly the Christmas tank will have some general DM as well.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Lunafreya may be a good pickup for you @Magus` since she has a 40% general mitigation move that isn't tied to a cooldown or her LB. Other than that I agree with what @Trajan45 said - if you like the Christmas tank and his kit is good you would be well served by pulling him. He is limited though so it might be safer to pull for CG WoL.

Cruor on