Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I was so happy when I recently got Hyoh#4 for his 180 ATK STMR, and now we're getting the Iron Giant Reborn and the clear reward is a Greatsword with 181 ATK and added killers.

F in chat, pls.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Kenny Crow's animations are really great. I particularly like his little dance when he has an ability readied, and his idle animation where he's just looking around.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Glad to see after a 6 month hiatus, the power creep never goes away. So this event, the current order is to get Gentiana and her prism first. after that, focus on her tmr or stmr moogles?

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Glad to see after a 6 month hiatus, the power creep never goes away. So this event, the current order is to get Gentiana and her prism first. after that, focus on her tmr or stmr moogles?

Gentiana is from EP, so she'll just come from doing the event. And yeah, prism and then STMR moogles. Her TMR is very skippable as it's outclassed by even 3* unit robe TMRs (Lotti's for instance). Her STMR is at least decent, being 50% unconditional MAG which is still relatively rare.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    MK ticket was CG Jake #1.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Robot is a magic tank? Dangit. What does a dude have to do to get a physical tank in this game.

Seriously, if I don't want to use Sieghard, what are my physical tank options here.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Robot is a magic tank? Dangit. What does a dude have to do to get a physical tank in this game.

Seriously, if I don't want to use Sieghard, what are my physical tank options here.

Dawn Warrior Galuf or wait until CG Warrior of Light or King Behemy.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Cruor wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

Dawn Warrior Galuf or wait until CG Warrior of Light or King Behemy.

How long can we expect to wait for WoL? 4* WoL was my tank for the longest while, and I only switched to Wilhelm grudgingly, so getting hornman back on the team sounds good.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    CG WoL is expected to be in January or February. We'll either get CG Dark Fina or CG WoL in January.

The new Christmas step-up is kind of a 25k guaranteed step-up like the older ones, but you get one extra guaranteed rainbow along the way. Whoever called the 5-rainbow 2-step step-up nailed it, but for 2k cheaper! And, only on-banner rainbows!

Both are still a solid pass for me. Latent abilities look like they will make WKN pretty great again so I'm set on a magic tank for a while. I will just off-banner CG Charlotte #2 eventually.

edit: The new event bonus units are Santa Roselia, Tinkerer Carrie, and Gilbert. I think I have enough for a party of 4 bonus plus carry unit.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Yep, looks like that garbage "step up" format is here to stay which is a real shame. JP has abandoned all pretenses of maintaining the step up format and has gone back to a single 5k pull (current banner has a 1% on banner rate). I blew 20k lapis trying for the banner unit to wind up with a whopping three rainbows and four (out of a necessary nine) useless tickets. Without the guaranteed banner units, this game flails and dies.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Yeah the next CG unit will be the next MK event. WoL was supposed to be right now but GUMI moved up the FF15 banner. Folks on reddit are speculating we might get a collab raid after Christmas as they've done it before (maybe Full Metal Alchemist).

I'm curious to see how the latent abilities work out. Kryla's looks great, with adding more bulk and party LB fill. For WKN, we'll need to see the numbers. Only 20% Hp/Mag which doesn't help his SPR issue compared to CG Charlotte. The boost to 80% draw attacks is nice, but with his DM tied to provoke, he's mostly likely going to be using it anyways. The general DM on his LB is exactly what I was hoping for but it doesn't cover him which sucks. Also hoping his new chaining abilities have a couple common families like AZ/ACW/BS.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Yep, looks like that garbage "step up" format is here to stay which is a real shame. JP has abandoned all pretenses of maintaining the step up format and has gone back to a single 5k pull (current banner has a 1% on banner rate). I blew 20k lapis trying for the banner unit to wind up with a whopping three rainbows and four (out of a necessary nine) useless tickets. Without the guaranteed banner units, this game flails and dies.

The Christmas variation is actually better than the old 25k step-ups. You may have missed that they lowered the ticket cost; it's now only 5 tickets to get a guaranteed on-banner; or 25,000 lapis, just like before. So now for your 25k lapis, instead of the 1 guaranteed EX rainbow and 1 free banner rainbow, you get 2 guaranteed EX rainbows and 1 guaranteed banner rainbow.

• Options
    The increased rainbow rate on the banner (7%, 2% featured) is nice as well. Here's hoping my luck holds out when I pull.

• Options
    I suppose they have to do something since these are limited units with no chance to UoC. If they kept the old banner, not sure how many folks would pull.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I suppose they have to do something since these are limited units with no chance to UoC. If they kept the old banner, not sure how many folks would pull.

I'm still not pulling on the new one; these units look terrible. A hybrid user that uses Maces (based on their STMR/the event weapon)? Gross; first of all there's no good offensive maces and the rare in Item World in just flat HP. Lucas looks cool but the FMA collab is going to have another robot unit and unless Lucas is jacked to the nines, how much better than WKN/Charlotte is he really going to be? Not to mention CG Cecil in 3-4 months.

And even if you don't have WKN, the old Christmas units banner is right there looking awesome. Personally, I have a 6* Christine and 7* Kryla and zero of anything else. And 7k for a guaranteed unit plus whatever rainbows fall out, all on banner? Yes, please. Personally the only dud is Tiana because Felix's STMR is still the best chest piece for hybrid units.

• Options
    Beyond Kryla I don't really have much interest in the old Christmas units, and I already have Kryla's STMR. Were I to pull on the old banner I'm pretty sure I'd get "Oops! All Krylas!"

Then again, if I luck out and get two Lucas without spending all of my Lapis, I'll probably throw a pull at the old banner just to see what happens.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got the first MK ticket last night and scored Bartz #2.

• Options
    Also, WKN's prism is still in the Trust Coin shop, so you would only need to pull 1 of him.

• Options
    I'd love an another Kryla, but I'm not going to be pulling on the banner for 1 unit. I'll just have to hope GUMI adds Kryla's and Christine's prisms to the shop or use one of my dozen other breakers.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »

The Christmas variation is actually better than the old 25k step-ups. You may have missed that they lowered the ticket cost; it's now only 5 tickets to get a guaranteed on-banner; or 25,000 lapis, just like before. So now for your 25k lapis, instead of the 1 guaranteed EX rainbow and 1 free banner rainbow, you get 2 guaranteed EX rainbows and 1 guaranteed banner rainbow.

Yeah I actually did miss that when I looked at the news initially. I still miss the old five step banners and their rewards like the max level cactuars and 10%/30% rainbow tickets, but this version is definitely better than the last two. Hopefully they stick with this ticket cost for the guaranteed banner unit going forward.

• Options
    Ok. So farming this event is really not as bad as it seems. I'm at about 45k EP and I'm well over 600k currency to buy the STMR moogles. I've been doing a lot of NRG pot refills trying to get this event done by tomorrow. I've been seeing bonus mobs about 1 in 3 runs through LGD.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Ok. So farming this event is really not as bad as it seems. I'm at about 45k EP and I'm well over 600k currency to buy the STMR moogles. I've been doing a lot of NRG pot refills trying to get this event done by tomorrow. I've been seeing bonus mobs about 1 in 3 runs through LGD.

Yeah, I just started this back up yesterday and have gained basically 200k, having spent 150 on gentiana's prism. all my pots are gone though so I'm down to lapis refills if I want to push. Dunno if I get the stmrs but I can afford not to since i have several mag % items already. probably alt to the uoc ticket and enlightened keys.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    idk I think the juries still out on the change. You're right, it's nice to have bonus units and not have to pull for them much. I also like the rate of bonus mobs that show up. However the main issue is time. I have over a thousand NRG pots, so that's not the issue. I've already put more time into grinding this MK event than others and I'm only at 34K and 350K currancy. I still have probably 1.5 million worth of items left to buy and 25K EP to get. And that's to say nothing of the future. What happens if GUMI doesn't provide 500% worth of bonus units for free?

I don't mind the change so far. I like having more stuff in the shop that is worth getting. I'd even say throw stat pots in there as well just like the LB pots (I could always use more HP pots). But I am nervous about how much more screen time this is going to take to finish.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I feel like this Christmas event looks to probably be the best one yet.

Allow me a moment for some Kenny Crow Clarification on that, however.

The Christmas events in this game have always been pretty much the worst events of the year. At least this one isn't trying some weird new format that will require Gumi intervention for us to actually finish. It also probably won't to rip off 98% of Frozen.

Maybe.

• Options
    Just grabbed the second MK 5* ticket. Squall#3. Ok sure.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Just grabbed the second MK 5* ticket. Squall#3. Ok sure.
    Reberta #5

• Options
    It's the fifth one that hurts the most. Well, ok, maybe the ninth hurts more. I fortunately haven't gotten there yet, but I'm close with Esther.

• Options
    Depends on the unit. For example my 5th and 6th Wilhelm’s are great as another of his STMR would be great. However my 8th Ace or 5th Duke sucks.

Reberta’s not bad as her STMR is amazing for all DPS units.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I got Prishe #3 from the first MK ticket. I got the Physalis bonus stages done, so now I can focus on grinding out the rest of the FFXV event.

• Options
    I should have the 2nd MK ticket by the end of today. Then I'll just let my NRG stack up for the event starting tomorrow. I have not used the 30k ticket yet. I have to do things in pairs because of the kids.

• Options
    I have to do a single run of all of the cryst farming stages today since I've been neglecting them in favor of the MK event. Will probably have to burn some NRG pots but that's fine.

• Options
    Third comeback ticket had Sylvie #3 in it. MK ticket 1 was Chocobo Fina #1.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    MK special tickets gave me Dressy Aileen #1 and Ignis #3.

Edit: I set Santa Roselia on tab3 for bonus tomorrow.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    MK ticket #2 was Auron #6 meh.

• Options
    Getting pretty excited for the datamine. I mean, I'm like 95% sure I'm gonna pull anyway. If Levinson and Lucas are just truly terrible then I guess I can save for Lunar New Year.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Saving for WoL to replace Merc Ramza.

• Options
    That is 100% a good idea. CG WoL is a beastly tank and a good off-healer as well.

• Options
    WKN gets 80% passive provoke tomorrow. I am gonna latent awaken all of the Christmas units in the morning. Makes not getting CG Charlotte more bearable.

• Options
    Ooh boy, Lucas may surpass Lilith for arena cancer. He gets 5 AoE chaining counters a turn (4 if not hit with both physical and magical) and his counter chance is boosted so they're guaranteed to go off if hit.

While his LB doesn't heal like Liliths, his counters can help fill his LB gauge where he gives everyone mirage and damage mitigation. So bring your dispels.

• Options
    Pretty happy with WKN latent ability’s. AZ and ACW for chaining moves. Really hope Elly gets upgraded with ACW. Time will tell how his GM not effecting him will play out. Normally you really want your cover tank to have the best DM.