Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Where do you even use those tickets to vote, anyway?
    Go to the Shop across the bottom. Go all the way to the last Exchange Shop banner. There will be a Popularity banner in there.

Ah, there we go.

Hmmm. Honestly, looking at the options... if I'm going for units I actually got attached to, really the only options are Yan and Esther. I actually liked the Yan/Ang/Chow mini-story (and how Yan, far from being demure or embarrassed or whatever, had very much been the one to decide "I want this one"), and I like Esther for what she represents, an unapologetically ridiculous character that is nonetheless not a joke, and how she got the constantly-talked-about Akstar to come out already dead, which is even more of a plus now that I'm actually meeting Akstar in the story and holy crap this guy is every terrible mentor cliche rolled into one.

On the other hand, Rivera is a cool robot and deserves getting an actually useful unit, and Elena is so much concentrated HAM I can't help but love her despite not having her.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Excuse me, Rivera is actually rad as hell already.

• Options
    CG Dark Fina this week. No news of Felix/Tiana enhancements but the news for Lucius/Lilith enhancements dropped on maintenance day so *shrug*

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I'm still waiting to hear about the possibility of a CG Kenny Crow. Need that fish based CG LB for Christmas.

As an aside, I feel like the overly abundant Plastic Jewels in the Christmas raid summon pool are a good metaphor for how Gumi handles Christmas events. They're cheap, unrewarding, unwanted, but look enough like something worthwhile to just barely hook you. They catch your eye for a split second and them it's too late; as soon as you realize is just a tacky decoration you're going "Well, I might as well grind out the EP for the 5* ticket..."

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    I'm happy for the D.Fina story event since with the Lapis it'll give I'll have enough for one more step on the Christmas banner. I want my second Lucas, damn it.

I'm probably not gonna get him but that's ok.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I somehow forgot to log in yesterday. Damn it

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Got White Lily Fina on a rainbow in step 3 so I finished it out and now she's rearin' to go.
    Also picked up my second Ignis as the free EX rainbow on step 3 so that's a nice new one to try out.

These Fixed Trial things are awesome though it turns out I do not like using the new Xon, especially without the wiki to reference since I was just chilling at the family's and didn't have access to a second source to look it up while playing.
    Still managed it eventually though. Can't wait to see what this "super hard" mode one is where you can bring your own units; hopefully Gumi has it fixed for next week.

• Options
    Scrounged up enough Lapis for another step on the holiday banner. Got Folka#1. Used 3 flex tickets and got...Levinson#3.

50% STMR moogles when, Gumi?

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Daily came down Rainbow, Neverending Hope #2. Not bad, he still has some interesting stuff like his can't be dispelled buffs. Of course CG D.Fina would have been better lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I got my second N.Hope from my Christmas pulling, haven't bothered to 7* him as I don't see what he'll do for me that my shiny new enhanced Ignis can't.

• Options
    Yeah he'll need his enhancements like Ignis to be take over for current support units. The main ones would be his buffs/breaks, if they boosted them to meta levels of 70%/160%, that would really allow for slot efficiency. He has a 40% DM move, they could add a 50% DM 2 turn to an upgraded LB or something along with some more bulk and he'd be great.

• Options
    Got the 10+1 ticket from the slot rewards, ended up with Sieghard #2 and Olive #5.

• Options
    I think I'm up to like 10+ 10+1's in a row with no rainbow. Especially bad since at least three of those were in a row (log in bonus then the two from the Fixed Trials).
    Guess it makes up for the fact that I've hit 3 current banner rainbows with 5* EX tickets in the last month. RNG will RNG.

• Options
    Well. So I'm on a trip, and due to roaming charges I have a strictly limited data cap. And so a couple days ago FFBE decided that the middle of a trip is the best time to lock up completely on the Gumi start screen, which far as I can tell is only remotely fixable by a full uninstall and reinstall. There go my login bonuses and MK coins.

On the plus side, when I rolled all the Holly tickets I'd accumulated (12 in all) before it crapped out, I landed like three or four rainbows. Do't rightly remember all of them, because this was three days ago, but I'm pretty sure a couple of them were even good.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    So.. I did a full step up on the CG Dark Fina banner, only got the two guaranteed rainbows: Lunafreya #1 and CG Dark Fina #1.

Used 10k lapis on two 9+1+1 pulls, and got 4 rainbows: Elaphim #1, Mastermind Xon #1, Vincent #2 and CG Dark Fina #2.

I still feel kind of cheated. Down to 17k, still have a bunch of tickets, but with the new MK system I don't see I will be able to hoard as much. Oh well, finally I have a good mage.

Congrats on your pulls!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    Not a bad bunch. Lunafreya is really good and Elaphim will be great when she gets her enhancements.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Did the fixed trials and ex ticket 1 is Livid Shantotto #2, ex ticket 2 is Aerith #1. both 10+1 were garbage. So I bought Lotus Mage #4 for 5k lapis and smtr'd her. also got my third hairpin of purity.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Login 5* ticket was agent Zyrus. Not a bad result.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Login 5* was CG Dark Fina

Ok game I see your play.

4th 3star ticket was CG Dark Fina

You knew I was gonna quit didnt you.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Comeback ticket had zack #1 and nameless gunner jake #2. Another 7* to awaken at some point.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I threw about 20 tickets at the banner with no luck so I did the CG DFina step-up. I think I got 4 rainbows from the full lap. 2x CG DFina, M. Xon #1, and D. Aileen #2. I maxed her out and set her up in tab 1.

Funny aside, I got Physalis x2 and Tifa #2from the Holly Jolly tickets. I kind of wanted Physalis because I love her character and now I have her 7*!

CG WoL is pretty much confirmed for next week. He was listed as an Arena bonus unit for a few minutes right after maintenance. We'll see, but that would be 3 weeks in a row of very NRG intensive events. I'm almost to the Christmas 30k reward. I'm saving all of the Fixed Trial rewards to pull when CG WoL is added. You know, just in case.

• Options
    One of the 4* EX tickets dropped Ace#4. Neat STMR but no clue who would want to use it. The 5* dropped Kimono Ayaka#2. Kimona Ayaka just got enhancements in JP, and apparently they're rather good, so in a year or so she may get some usage.

Looking over my STMRs I saw I have all of the Veritas armors now. Neat!

• Options
    5* got me kimono Ayaka #1.

• Options
    4* EX ticket cracked in a rainbow.. Kaito #5. Oof.
    Login 5* was Veritas of the Dark #7. Double oof.

• Options
    I finished the Fixed Trials and Bonus Stage today. I guess I need to go and finish the SBBs (Ardyn and Kefka), Scorn of the Iron Giant, and CoV 50 unit missions. I might be asking for some friend units setup, but it seems like man eater/Diabolos will be the standard setup for all of those. Haha! Now to decide if I'll take Elena, KRain, or CG DFina.

• Options
    I still need to clean up the CoV missions for...all of them. I've been slacking on them since we have had a stretch of NRG intensive events lately.

Kefka SBB isn't that bad (much easier than Emperor IMO) and Ardyn is a joke. Scorn of Iron Giant was pretty easy for me but I do have a stacked as hell eSieg who tanked it like a champ.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I pulled Sieg #4 recently. So he should be pretty stacked. I think I will take on some trials later tonight and in the morning.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I am f’ing incapable of chaining CWA. That is all.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »

It may be your phone. Some phones, for some strange reason, can't chain CW or CWA unless you spark chain.

• Options
    I have net again. Should barely make it to the login 5*.

Also could remind myself what did I get last time from rolling all the accumulated jolly tickets. Which was Gilgamesh #2 (eh), Rinoa #2 (pretty nice), Kryla #3 (do stmr moogles ever come in 50%? Because that veil looks mighty nice), aaaaand... Charlotte #2! Right, that is why I remembered being happy with my haul. Heck yeah.

That sail, holy crap, I'm running out of money.

• Options
    All SSBs (Ardyn and Kefka) and Scorn of the Iron Giant done! I used the same exact party for all of them with minor tweaks to their gear - Sieg, Ignis, Doc Aiden, Kryla, and KRain x2.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Dear Arena Teams with three Liliths and a Lucas: fuuuuuck you

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    All SSBs (Ardyn and Kefka) and Scorn of the Iron Giant done! I used the same exact party for all of them with minor tweaks to their gear - Sieg, Ignis, Doc Aiden, Kryla, and KRain x2.

That's exactly the team I'm running with, except I use different damage dealers. The synergy between those units is ridiculous, only lacking magic mitigation. I've toyed around with replacing Kryla with ALocke to cover that.

• Options
    ...welp. Asked my sister to roll some tickets for me. Hit a rainbow in 15 tickets. Obviously non-banner, but Charlotte #3 is pretty good.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    5* from one fixed party trial was AK Rain #4. Hooray.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

It may be your phone. Some phones, for some strange reason, can't chain CW or CWA unless you spark chain.

iPhone 6s+ ... But I’m not going to be getting a new phone until I have to.

It seems to register zero taps when I tap as fast as I can. When I slow down a bit, i sometimes get one or the other, and every time I get both off it’s just a bit too late and the chain is just 1s and 2s. I haven’t been able to chain it since the system tray trick stopped working.

• Options
    I tried the Android magnification gestures the other day and it did not perfect chain for me on a Galaxy S10. I can get better manual chains it seems.

• Options

It seems to register zero taps when I tap as fast as I can. When I slow down a bit, i sometimes get one or the other, and every time I get both off it’s just a bit too late and the chain is just 1s and 2s. I haven’t been able to chain it since the system tray trick stopped working.

Yeah, lots of other people with that issue with iPhones around that model.

• Options

Yeah, lots of other people with that issue with iPhones around that model.
    On the bright side, the fixed party trial showed that I don’t have to spend resources looking for Fina.

• Options
    What's the fixed party thing, btw? They give you a team to use or something?