As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

13468986

Posts

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    How dare they.

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    God I should really get the detective office first, right? Because that's gonna retire sooner...

    Got some bad news for you my friend...

    ...what?! I swear there are older modulars that are still available!

    I only know about this specific case because I had the exact same thought as you earlier this morning. Detective’s office is listed as “retired” on the Lego website.

    I wish I had known, I wanted to get it but never got around to it. Come on Lego, send a guy a “warning, last chance!” email before these modulars go away forever.

    Marathon on
    Matev
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I would have ordered it instead of the Assembly Square last year had I known!

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Sadly, if they did say "last chance," the scalpers would buy it out. Not that they don't already... But I think they do say something along the lines of "hard to find" when it's getting close.

    Personally, I think Lego needs to invest in "Print on Demand" sets. No fancy box, only allowed for sets that have pieces in stock and/or currently being produced (color/type), and with a PDF of the manual. This way, nothing ever truly retires.

    pTWAqPb.png
    Looking to get rid of some 2005-2010 era Star Wars vehicles/toys. If interested, please PM me.
    He/Him
    MarathonBrainleechColanutdavidsdurions
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I did not realize the Ninjago City and Docks were retiring.

    Bummer.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    GrpAhic DeiGn is My PAssIon
    Brainleech
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I did not realize the Ninjago City and Docks were retiring.

    Bummer.

    I'm still sitting on that docks set that I bought on clearance. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it, but you folks would likely get first dibs.

    pTWAqPb.png
    Looking to get rid of some 2005-2010 era Star Wars vehicles/toys. If interested, please PM me.
    He/Him
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Sadly, if they did say "last chance," the scalpers would buy it out. Not that they don't already... But I think they do say something along the lines of "hard to find" when it's getting close.

    Personally, I think Lego needs to invest in "Print on Demand" sets. No fancy box, only allowed for sets that have pieces in stock and/or currently being produced (color/type), and with a PDF of the manual. This way, nothing ever truly retires.

    Scalpers already buy them up. You'll see retailers have sales on a set typically right before it is discontinued because Lego has informed the retailer that the set will be going out of production.

    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I did not realize the Ninjago City and Docks were retiring.

    Bummer.

    I'm still sitting on that docks set that I bought on clearance. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it, but you folks would likely get first dibs.

    Let me know if decide to sell. Might as well make the docks mistake since I've made the city mistake lol

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Man...

    There are so many good modulars. Even the middling ones have something cool going on. I feel like I made a mistake buying the Grand Emporium and the Pet Shop years ago; if I didn't have any modulars, it's be so much easier to tell myself "well, that's not a thing I'm doing".

    It's honestly not even the money, I can budget for that; I just literally don't have the space for all of these wonderful toys.

    I've been on the lookout for bookshelves with enough spacing to hold the things but accept that I may just have to have a few topping shelves here and there.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Man...

    There are so many good modulars. Even the middling ones have something cool going on. I feel like I made a mistake buying the Grand Emporium and the Pet Shop years ago; if I didn't have any modulars, it's be so much easier to tell myself "well, that's not a thing I'm doing".

    It's honestly not even the money, I can budget for that; I just literally don't have the space for all of these wonderful toys.

    I've been on the lookout for bookshelves with enough spacing to hold the things but accept that I may just have to have a few topping shelves here and there.

    Which leads to Ikea Detolfs...

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Man...

    There are so many good modulars. Even the middling ones have something cool going on. I feel like I made a mistake buying the Grand Emporium and the Pet Shop years ago; if I didn't have any modulars, it's be so much easier to tell myself "well, that's not a thing I'm doing".

    It's honestly not even the money, I can budget for that; I just literally don't have the space for all of these wonderful toys.

    I've been on the lookout for bookshelves with enough spacing to hold the things but accept that I may just have to have a few topping shelves here and there.
    Oh, I've got plenty of bookshelves - but they're stuffed with books. And the edges where the books don't fit have action figures (but the two inches on the end of a shelf is not enough space for a modular anyway).

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I have exactly enough space for 3 modular buildings, but that new bookshop is rather more appealing to me than the detective's office I currently have, and it matches the Parisian restaurant better, hmm...



  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    The Lego Castle sets from 2009 to 2013 that I have listed for sale have all sold within a few days of posting with a lot of them going for more than what I paid for them. I am surprised. Maybe it's time for Lego to make some new Castle stuff.

    And the UCS Millennium Falcon Fund is now over $800 so I am heading to the Lego store tomorrow to buy it.

    We had some sweet castle sets in the Elves series, but guess even that's a few years old at this point.

    I'd love some classic style Castle series castles, but in the purple/green of the elves sets
    713ecEUGCKL._SX425_.jpg

    What upsets me about the Castle stuff is how rare they put it out anymore {I think it was far more popular in Europe than NA}
    But the only normal castle stuff they put out in the last 5 years were the Joust
    sczmmhds3vj5.png
    It took me a long time to get that set from someone
    And Farm Raid
    iba3oo01qubq.png

    ColanutDoodmannMatevRaiju
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The Farm Raid kit makes me think of the intro to Robin Hood: Men In Tights when the villagers all yell "Leave us alone, Mel Brooks!"

    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Lego Castles were by far my favorites as a child (Space coming second) and I would love to see them doing more with the concept.

    Drez wrote: »

    Being quoted out of context is honestly what I live for.
    MarathonBrainleechBroloWiseManTobesMatevRaiju
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Lego Castles were by far my favorites as a child (Space coming second) and I would love to see them doing more with the concept.

    Also, some new huge pirate ships please

    chromdomI ZimbramrpakuBetsuniFeloniousmozbrynhrtmnKruite
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    Lego Castles were by far my favorites as a child (Space coming second) and I would love to see them doing more with the concept.

    Also, some new huge pirate ships please

    Well yeah, but also the smaller and mid-size Pirate stuff, which I think goes right along with the Castle scenes, mainly 'cause those huge ships are really expensive

    Drez wrote: »

    Being quoted out of context is honestly what I live for.
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Lego Castles were by far my favorites as a child (Space coming second) and I would love to see them doing more with the concept.

    I imagine they didn't want to compete with the LotR sets at the time.

    Nexoknights was a neat concept but I don't know if it gained the traction they hoped for. They've largely dropped the supertheme with subthemes thing they did with Space and Castles and only kept Town in some capacity when it became City.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The Brick Bounty was the last big ship, right? There were also some Pirates of the Caribbean ships, with the latest being that skeletal one.

    pTWAqPb.png
    Looking to get rid of some 2005-2010 era Star Wars vehicles/toys. If interested, please PM me.
    He/Him
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    The Brick Bounty was the last big ship, right? There were also some Pirates of the Caribbean ships, with the latest being that skeletal one.

    I think so, although a few years ago they had the “Imperial Flagship” and man would I love to have one of those.

  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Did people already talk about the upcoming DC Comics CMF Wave?

  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    The Brick Bounty was the last big ship, right? There were also some Pirates of the Caribbean ships, with the latest being that skeletal one.

    I think so, although a few years ago they had the “Imperial Flagship” and man would I love to have one of those.

    I have it. It is very good.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    Marathon
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Did people already talk about the upcoming DC Comics CMF Wave?

    No.

    Definitely going for Aquaman. Not sure about the rest.

  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Did people already talk about the upcoming DC Comics CMF Wave?

    No.

    Definitely going for Aquaman. Not sure about the rest.

    Aquaman, Jay Garrick Flash, Detective Comics Batman, and Simon Baz Green Lantern are all must-haves for me.

  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I need Flash and Star Girl. So it’s mostly skippable for me.

    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    I think that metamorpho looks like a cool figure. Maybe star girl too. Simon baz just makes me want a John Stewart lantern. Bat mite is a fun addition.

    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    With Bat-Mite, they should have included Mister Mxyzptlk.

    Edit: in the set, i mean. Not like a 2-pack.

    Doctor Detroit on
    Ken O
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Design video is out for the new Batmobile.

    steam_sig.png
    twitch.tv/kragaar
    Raiju
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I was so humored by the cowl on the batman included with that set.

    pTWAqPb.png
    Looking to get rid of some 2005-2010 era Star Wars vehicles/toys. If interested, please PM me.
    He/Him
    webguy20Knight_
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Got my LEGO Mustang in the mail yesterday (didn't know Amazon delivered on Sundays)! Still waiting on the lighting kit I bought with it to arrive before I get started, so probably this weekend.

    ForarRaiju
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Had my first ever big LEGO error 2 weeks ago!

    I got the Harry Potter set with like, half of hogwarts and the whomping willow and the car - and it's missing a bag. I was building bag by bag when I got to #4, and realized I only had a second #3 and a #5 left. So I got 1, 2, 3, 3, 5.

    I contacted Lego support but it was Thanksgiving day, and havent heard anything since. They support site says they're experiencing a high volume right now, so I'll give it a few more days before checking in again.

    It's tough on the support site because you click "missing pieces" and then it asks which piece...and it's like...an entire bag?

    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Had my first ever big LEGO error 2 weeks ago!

    I got the Harry Potter set with like, half of hogwarts and the whomping willow and the car - and it's missing a bag. I was building bag by bag when I got to #4, and realized I only had a second #3 and a #5 left. So I got 1, 2, 3, 3, 5.

    I contacted Lego support but it was Thanksgiving day, and havent heard anything since. They support site says they're experiencing a high volume right now, so I'll give it a few more days before checking in again.

    It's tough on the support site because you click "missing pieces" and then it asks which piece...and it's like...an entire bag?

    That's really odd, given that they weigh the bags to know that everything is sorted and placed correctly. Not impossible, mind you, but maybe someone grabbed something wrong?

    pTWAqPb.png
    Looking to get rid of some 2005-2010 era Star Wars vehicles/toys. If interested, please PM me.
    He/Him
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I've had very good experience with Lego's piece-replacement services, but I've only ever had missing pieces, warped pieces, or - the weirdest one - a piece that was a fraction of a millimeter too small, and so wouldn't actually snap into/onto any regulation Lego pieces. But, I had no issues replacing them and they arrived very quickly.

    A whole bag is a very different thing, though; no idea what their process for that is like.

    BrainleechBetsuni
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I included this pic with it because it was really bizarre! I've always gone bag by bag and never looked ahead because there was never a reason to...

    qzqb9nf3mqaw.png

    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I included this pic with it because it was really bizarre! I've always gone bag by bag and never looked ahead because there was never a reason to...

    qzqb9nf3mqaw.png

    Dang, that is crazy. I'm with the others here and say that Lego support is the most awesome ever. Hopefully they'll get back to you soon.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Raiju
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya I had an entire bag missing from a set ( albeit a much smaller set, like 100 pieces, and missing bag was maybe 25 of those), they replaced it no problem.

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I had missing figures from one set. the problem was the store I bought it from had closed [lego wanted to know what store and when also wanted pictures of the bags and every piece}
    I think either one of the employees had taken the figures out of each bag resealing them {it was a toy store that sold legos and lots of other toys like stuffed animals and learning toys they also had the build a doll house kits I have never seen anywhere else as they were of a quality I see lacking in the ones I can find} But back to the lego set. I took the pics and what not one of the problems was I bought a ton of sets I never put together [they had tons of castle sets either from the 80's still in the box or second hand} So lego was far more interested in those sets as well but never resolved my figure problem since it was a mess either of us could fix
    But with the castle sets they wanted to know how complete they were and if they still had the instructions as they don't have many up on their site

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    TBB has a review of the new modular up.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/12/12/lego-creator-expert-10270-bookshop-new-modular-building-for-2020-review/

    TLDR: Good modular, lots of cool details, but the builds are smaller and feel less substantial than the others because there are two smaller separate buildings rather than one large build.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ColanutColanut Siedge WealdRegistered User regular
    The Verge featured this Lego sorting machine (made of Legos!)



    It is pretty fun. The best suggestion in the comments was to be able to input your set number and sort out the parts for a particular build.

    Jam WarriorHefflingRaiju
  • ColanutColanut Siedge WealdRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    TBB has a review of the new modular up.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/12/12/lego-creator-expert-10270-bookshop-new-modular-building-for-2020-review/

    TLDR: Good modular, lots of cool details, but the builds are smaller and feel less substantial than the others because there are two smaller separate buildings rather than one large build.

    This set really caught me. I'm afraid if I start here, I will want to get all the back sets (I always liked the Detective Office). I will probably get this. I do want to see photos of the occult book store when you build it Ken O.

    I am sad Apocalypseburg was sold out so fast when it went on sale. I hesitated and I am doomed.

    Doodmann
Sign In or Register to comment.