As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Horror Movie Month, Brought to You by SHUDDER®™©

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    so the premise is great

then you find out about the lady the blind man has locked in his basement

and you probably don't really want to know more, my dude

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    what annoys me the most is fede alvarez proved he could go extreme and not be super off-putting with evil dead remake

so i felt betrayed

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    what annoys me the most is fede alvarez proved he could go extreme and not be super off-putting with evil dead remake

so i felt betrayed

Fede was so far up his own ass at the Q&A for Don't Breathe. And it was before the movie, so it somehow made the experience of watching it even worse.

The only director I've seen who came close to being as full of themselves was Jeremy Saulnier. But at least that Q&A was after Blue Ruin, which I enjoyed way more.

• Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Wolf Guy is my favorite werewolf transformation.

i see what you did here

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Wolf Guy is my favorite werewolf transformation.

i see what you did here

Just saying, if I could be a Baker creature or 70's era Sonny Chiba, that isn't really a hard choice for me.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    What’s the gross part of Don’t Breathe? I haven’t seen it, but the premise at least sounded interesting.
    ACTUAL DONT BREATHE SPOILER
    So a girl hit the blind man's daughter and killed her in a car accident.

And the thieves find her in the basement, alive. But She dies in a kerfuffle.

He kidnapps the main girl, Jane Levy. And tells her that the girl he was keeping hostage was pregnant to replace the daughter she killed.

So he fills a turkey baster with frozen sperm that he had on hand and tells her that he will impregnate her instead, so he can have a daughter. But he will let her go in nine months after she bares the child.

But she fights him off and shoves the turkey baster in his mouth, forcing him to choke on his own seman.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    fuckin lmao

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    It's like if People Under the Stairs were way worse

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    just watched midsommar

it was fine

it did that thing I hate in horror movies where it tries to convince you that all these people deserved to get murdered

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The Gallows: Act 2 just came out

If this is the first you're hearing that The Gallows has a sequel, and that it's out now, congratulations! You are very close to accurately guessing the quality of this film

When even Blumhouse rushes a film straight to on-demand in the dead of night on a random weekend, you know it wasn't just because of poor test screenings

I could say some more words about how it has one of the more mean-spirited random bad twist endings I've ever seen, and how it actually makes me sorta-appreciate the first one because 1) it was still bad but not This bad and 2) at least that was a found footage film which, those usually suck. This didn't even have that excuse!

But I'd rather just forget this exists. I don't want to think about this anymore, because if I do I'll remember I've seen both, and I'll know that means an Act 3 is inevitable because the budget for both of these combined was half the price of my film ticket for the first one and a quarter of the on-demand price for this one

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I decided that this October I would watch a horror movie I haven't seen before each day. Because I hate myself, my next selection was I, Frankenstein.

What even is this?! Frankenstein's monster ambushed by...gargoyles(?)...no, vampires(?) two minutes into the movie.

No, wait now the vampires are being killed by actual gargoyles.

Make that sexy murder gargoyles. This is now the second night in a row I'm watching a movie with a sexy murder gargoyle. How...

And the vampires are apparently actually demons. Totally not vampires. Totally. I think I can feel my eyes glazing over during this exposition dump.

Flash forward a couple centuries and with a haircut he's now sexy Frankenstein's monster. Why aren't the demons sexy like everyone else? This movie is racist against demons or something.

Lol, even the scientist is sexy. Get fucked, demons.

But she does work for the demons. And Bill Nighy is the head demon, as if this movie didn't already seem like Legally Not Underworld.

Fuck me, that was Jai Courtney.

Oh man, Jai Courtney is pissed. Get fucked, demons.

Jai Courtney fucked up. Quelle surprise.

Oh, hey. Trying to make up for a fuck-up by fucking up even worse. This is my shocked face.

And now it's like a cross between the matrix and the reveal from V where you find out what really happened to all the humans taken on board Visitor motherships.

"If it survived that at birth...what would it take to kill it?" Ahahahahahaha. I can't decide if I love or hate this stupid, stupid movie.

• Options
    yo, frankenstein rules, actually

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Ok, I definitely love this stupid, stupid movie.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Watched the Rifftrax of Uninvited on Prime, some quality stuff there

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I dont know how people lower their guards long enough to fuck even when they arent being stalked by horiffic monsters

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Shorty wrote: »
    just watched midsommar

it was fine

it did that thing I hate in horror movies where it tries to convince you that all these people deserved to get murdered

I was with William Jackson Harper for basically the whole movie
    until it decided arbitrarily that he needed to make an out of character bad decision to justify him getting killed

That really muffled my enthusiasm for it

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Midsommar is one of those movies that is shot so beautifully that I ignore the shortcomings of the story until hours or days later.

Then when I think back I realize it wasn't as good as I was thinking it was.

Still a gorgeous movie though.

• Options
    AJ. AJ! I need another movie with a sexy murder gargoyle to keep the streak going. Either that or a horror movie with hunks. I don't think there's been a single hunk in any of the movies I've watched this month.

• Options
    oh if you need a sexy murder gargoyle, watch the tales from the darkside movie

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    oh if you need a sexy murder gargoyle, watch the tales from the darkside movie

That was the first sexy murder gargoyle movie, from Thursday night. I realized I'd never watched it somehow and slotted it in. I need to complete the trifecta somehow now.

• Options
    shit the gargoyles in 1972's gargoyles aren't sexy enough.....

placeholder answer: watch murder weapon again, see them hunks get murdered

lemme rack my brain for a few minutes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    @ketar i have ignored all your requests

instead i offer you john ritter selling murder houses in terror tract

https://youtu.be/3s0qd9z8I0s

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Hoarding the hunks to yourself, eh?

I can work with Terror Tract, thanks.

• Options
    terror tract is a great name for a very different movie

• Options
    god I'm so angry that's about real estate and not bowels

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yo season two of channel zero is WAY better than the first season

Holy shit it's really really good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Season 2 is hands down my favorite.

• Options
    Yeah, if I had to pick one, it's No-End House, and (even though I like every season) it's not particularly close

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    It was 2, 3, 4 and 1 for me. Great series. If it had been on Netflix, no one would've shut the fuck up about it but being on SyFy meant everyone just waited for streaming so it died :-(

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    If it'd been on Netflix I don't think Channel Zero even makes it to four seasons

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Saw Perfect Blue at the local indie theater last night. The did dub last night and subs tonight; it's their 10pm "Graveyard Shift" thing they do, it's a cool little theater.

It's been 20 years since I've seen it and it remains solid. The dub has aged a bit! It's got some stuff that is still very relavent today and some stuff that has aged...not as well. There's an extended bit about the internet that had the entire audience laughing unintentionally.

Saw it with my buddy that's doing the 31 days with me, we had a good time.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    god I'm so angry that's about real estate and not bowels

oh if you want a movie like that, you want the ken marino movie "bad milo," @shorty

https://youtu.be/aXJ-7oJ9cqA

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yo season two of channel zero is WAY better than the first season

Holy shit it's really really good

Right?!

I also watched that this season and it's phenomenal.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Question about Jules in No End House
    was the egg thing in her room 5 representing that the reason she didnt contact Margot when she went to college because she got pregnant? It's the only thing I could figure out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Forget Terror Tract. One of the friends I had dinner with is a horrorpack subscriber, so I'm about to turn on Hellarious.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Question about Jules in No End House
    was the egg thing in her room 5 representing that the reason she didnt contact Margot when she went to college because she got pregnant? It's the only thing I could figure out

That is how I read it too.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    Forget Terror Tract. One of the friends I had dinner with is a horrorpack subscriber, so I'm about to turn on Hellarious.

nice!!!! i really liked that one!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I took it a bit more metaphorically I think
    I guess I didn't really have anything specific, but I took it as largely representing a fear of closeness with others, represented by the pregnant stomach in line with like, the idea of an umbilical cord.
    I feel like her relationship with Margot is part of this, but also that with her family, and her whole willingness to sacrifice all of that as soon as given the chance.

But I think the pregnancy take is strong.
    I'm trying to remember, with her family stuff at the beginning, is there a very young child present? As in like, a child of hers which she passed off to a relative or similar?

• Options
    My partner would also add
    It represents the forced closeness of family - the people you can't cut out of your life, who you love even though you oughtn't. Which also plays into her almost desire to let go of her memories, which she finds the act of doing pleasurable but also doesn't seem to be happy with having done

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    This 1977 House movie is freaking insane