As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Also that this is a beta and that some card interactions don't work the way they should (being challenged on on a one unit board and not being able to respond with a fast spell is still in there).
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I won my first PvP game, then promptly lost my next two in one-sided smashings. To be expected with a limited card pool and no idea what cards my opponent could be running.

I finished the rewards track and it opened all the regions. I'm assuming this is the Rank 8 y'all are talking about? Like, level to 8 then move to the next. Then go back and take them to 20 any way I want?

Yes. 8 is a climb in and of itself but not that hard if you are playing the game regularly. After that it's just a grind and you really just park your region where you want to because it's just there to dump XP into something.

I honestly went Piltover and Ionia first because they are just fun, but Shadow Isles definitely has the nasty shit you like playing with but hate to see (Ionian Elusives + Deny would be my Number 1 followed by an SI deck).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    There aren't a ton of them. Off the top of my head I can only think of elites, poros, and spiders.

Yeti, Elnuk

There’s six in total right now. Those, and Tech.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I got all of the tracks up to 4 before I focused on one. Not sure if that was right, but it worked out.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Wow, mistwraith. Ami right!?!

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I’m also assuming you can only own 2 copies of any card (including Champions) and have two in a deck. The rest are auto-converted to gems.

Are the region track rewards skewed towards that region?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I'm super deep in mtga but want to have this as an option in the long run. Are they any rewards or routines I should try to dump into with minimal commitment for that?

FOMO to the max.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I’m also assuming you can only own 2 copies of any card (including Champions) and have two in a deck. The rest are auto-converted to gems.

Are the region track rewards skewed towards that region?

Three copies, actually. Generally you only get shards from commons and rares. Epics and champions that you have max copies on will get re-rolled into a different card.

And yeah, generally you'll get a specific region's cards from that track.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

Rather that and the Ephemeral package than the toxic Dawnspeaker + Spiders garbage that just ramps out of control.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Even the collection views swerved my expectations.
    If a card is in there and has no number next to it. You have 3 of them, the max amount.
    Otherwise it'll say you have 1 or 2 next to it.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    You don't have to save any wildcards really. Champs and epics have duplicate protection, you won't get the same one if you already have the maximum amount of it. Commons are pretty...common and cheap shard wise. Maybe hold onto some rares, surprisingly I find them to be a bottleneck, but really if you put them towards a deck that you haven't completed and decide you want to pivot, you can refund the shards or wilds.

By the time you get to 8 in each region (and get the free champion for each) a player should have a good idea about the landscape of the Meta and know what kind of deck/s they want to build towards.

And shards and cards can't be refunded if you've used them in a game. I suggested in an email that they should have 24 hour protection or something but I doubt that will happen.

I mean why would you commit the shards and cards if you don't want to play the thing you're building? If you know the decklist you want you can safely spend down and it makes it easier to see what you need. If your list only calls for 2 of something, you can build it and unmake one if you get a third. And then while you're building, if you find something new, you can unbuild it all and pivot.

I mean you shouldn't spend stuff at random, but if you know what you want to do you can commit pretty safely if you change your mind during, just not after, which is reasonable.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Rather that and the Ephemeral package than the toxic Dawnspeaker + Spiders garbage that just ramps out of control.

Dawnspeakers is stupid. It needs, minimum, a nerf to health so it dies easier imo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular

Dawnspeakers is stupid. It needs, minimum, a nerf to health so it dies easier imo.

Agreed. I think it would be a lot more balanced at 1/3

• Options
    Cyrenic wrote: »

Agreed. I think it would be a lot more balanced at 1/3

A lot more removal and challenge stuff hits that for sure. But the effect snowballs hard. And it counts deaths before it came out, which should also go away I think.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I think it is lame that you get 1000 shards for a 6 win expedition, but 3000 for a 7 win expedition.

• Options
    Got my second win today by surviving with 1 HP. I got pounded by some Elusive minions and was only able to survive by using the Hook ability to snipe them. Stupidly close game.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I find a lot of Runeterra games to be pretty close and the stress levels to be much higher than Magic or (lol) Hearthstone.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I do win a lot of games at very low life. Control styles in this game are very "hold on until the last second and then unleash your bullshit from which they will never recover or alpha strike them for 16 damage."

• Options
    Parade Electrorig leads to some hilarious bullshit if it goes off. Half my deck is Avarosan Hearthguards? GG clock fast.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My teemo puffcap high score is 622 and I got that in expedition. Unfortunately the multiple teemo I had on the board hitting my opponent killed them, so I didn't get to see them draw 100 puffcaps in one go.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I haven't had a match go long enough to find out, but if you run out of cards do you die?

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I haven't had a match go long enough to find out, but if you run out of cards do you die?

Yes

• Options
    I have a P&Z and Ionian deck which really shouldn't be winning, but it keeps pulling it out with a few HP left. It's not as good as my Shadow Isles decks, but it's shocking how much making the correct decision helps lesser decks.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

You know, this is a good question. I've never come close but I'm curious what happens as well.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

You know, this is a good question. I've never come close but I'm curious what happens as well.

You die instantly if you try to draw but have no cards left afaik.

After 40 turns the game ends in a draw too.

• Options
    Turn 3, Fiora+Stand Alone is DISGUSTING.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Got another win using the starting Demacia deck and subbing in new cards as I get them. While I know I'm new to the game, I can tell my opponent's are as well. A lot of time spent on turns obviously reading cards and some common mistakes like thinking a Quick Attack was going to kill my attacking unit. And of course, the classic Hearthstone-style mistake of using a removal option on a big perceived threat. Yes, the 5/5 was scary, but the 8/4 Champion and 6/6 lady on the following turns would have made much better targets.

I guess all my Hearthstone play does transfer in some ways to LoR. The biggest I can think of is knowing that your health is a resource and taking a few hits can be okay to set up bigger minions or plays in the following turns.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

I cut out the fat for you.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

I cut out the fat for you.

That game ended with them surrendering on turn 7 to her, yeah.

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Just hit Plat IV in constructed. LoL, the highest rank in any of the RitO catalog for me. A new high score :D

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Welp, got into this and got enough stuff to netdeck some Hecarim sharky boi deck. Fun stuff.

I still haven't gotten into my brain that this isn't Magic and stuff I summon after an attack is declared can't be chosen as blockers.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Welp, got into this and got enough stuff to netdeck some Hecarim sharky boi deck. Fun stuff.

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    playing good decks is good

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Currently I'm fighting the urge to craft commons to get x3 in my starter deck. Best to wait as I'll start opening a lot more via chests and rewards. PATIENCE DOVER!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    These "play 6+ cost mana cards" quests are annoying, I don't often get that far into games. :<

#humblebrag (and/or #humblelosing)

• Options
    I really get annoyed by people who can't play at a decent speed.

• Options

The bane of every card and board game.

Online CCGs should require installation of a peripheral to give a gentle tazing to people who take too long too often.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    i've been trying out different strategies in draft and it has not been going well. lots of fun though. :)

• Options
    I'm a fan of doing Vlad+Braum self damage shenanigans myself.

• Options

While I try to play at a decent clip, I find myself getting the timer to show up from time to time.

Got to remember that:
    • People are new to the game and have to read all the cards played
    • I imagine a lot of the players are coming from Hearthstone as their only CCG experience and this is very different
    • The mechanics require a lot of back and forth or end of turn options which are easy to forget about

Basically, this should get better over time.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm a fan of doing Vlad+Braum self damage shenanigans myself.

I really wanna try some Vlad decks but I don't have any Vlads, so I'm hosed.

I finally got a 2nd Teemo so I can at least build one of those.

FYI, Teemo decks are HILARIOUS when they work. I had like 150+ puffcaps on this one guy.