As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think that's 7C2+7=28, not 7!+7=5047. But yeah it'll grow at a decent rate as they add regions, 8C2+8=36 and 9C2+9=45 and that's kind of cumbersome.

I'm not sure you need to split them up with that level of granularity though, each region or combination only has like 3 decks max, a lot have 0, and people tend to play even midtier stuff significantly less. You could probably just throw them all in a single column of 30ish decks and it would work fine.

Otherwise you could grid it pretty easily, and drop-down deck selection will also save on space. This fits on my monitor at 75% zoom, but I suspect you'll find a lot of those regions/combos stay empty even over a whole season: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-X3SWYr7ncQ008Hq91G6faryyORje1mkB2g1R3nnSEs/edit?usp=sharing

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    lol they updated the MF art so she's a stripper like in League, god damn it you horny boys
    S1la1Tt.jpg
    what the FUCK are those pants and "sleeves"??

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    What was the original art?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    God I really liked the old art. This just seems...unnecessary.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    How does she fit her organs in there

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Boooo to that change

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    How does she fit her organs in there

What are you talking about, I can see her tits right there!

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Oh, I didn't realize the new patch dropped like, today.

I kinda wanna craft the plunder deck but I have literally Zero Swain or TF? Go all in or see how the meta shakes out?

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    That's weird. Presumably the decision was made to more closely match her League depiction, but then, why was that decision not made in the first place?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Presume they dropped that way for Chinese censorship rules and gave in to the incessant crying that the card art isn't horny enough.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't realize the new patch dropped like, today.

I kinda wanna craft the plunder deck but I have literally Zero Swain or TF? Go all in or see how the meta shakes out?

Probably depends on how many wildcards you have and how comfortable you are with them potentially being a bust. I feel like Swain and TF stock will rise post patch, but by how much who knows? It may not even be in that combination, maybe it's Sej/Swain.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Ran into a bunch of sore losers last night who just started letting the turns wind down as long as possible once things weren't going their way.

• Options
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think TF will be a decent card for quite a while, he does something when he hits the board and his level up is as gg as Karma.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    There's some truly hilarious games I've seen in videos and such where a leveled TF just absolutely fucks people over because you can't stop his cards from coming out.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think TF will be a decent card for quite a while, he does something when he hits the board and his level up is as gg as Karma.

I agree, he'll probably be good or playable at the very least. I'm just not sure how good. He's not like a top meta pick right now so if that's your criteria I can't promise he will be later. But if you're like me and you have 80% of the cards anyways then yeah go for it.

• Options
    I'm almost finished with the champion track for Bilgewater and still only have 2 champions from the region, both of them Gangplank. I'm gonna have to drop some WC or shards on this shit I believe.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »

I agree, he'll probably be good or playable at the very least. I'm just not sure how good. He's not like a top meta pick right now so if that's your criteria I can't promise he will be later. But if you're like me and you have 80% of the cards anyways then yeah go for it.

Yeah, I think the nerfs will let him move up, since burn won't be closing out games as hard.

Gonna wait maybe two days though. Have 24k in shards, but I realized we should be getting another wildcard pack from twitch prime in 2-3 days.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Bilgewater is actually the first and only faction that I have all champs from.

Kinda wish I could get those Fizzes back though.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    omg I've drafted this amazing Frostbite deck. It's like playing Freeze Mage all over again, I love it. Enemies can't do anything as I just kill them slowly, just the way I like to play my games :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    omg I've drafted this amazing Frostbite deck. It's like playing Freeze Mage all over again, I love it. Enemies can't do anything as I just kill them slowly, just the way I like to play my games :D

I just got a 7-win run off a triple Ashe, quad Wildclaw Alpha freeze deck. Freeze Bros unite!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Also, why do I not have more of you on my friends list? Add me! MNCdover #moc

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Yeah, his on-play effect is highly valuable and would be worth 2.5-3 mana on its own easy, so even if he's removed you've gotten good value out of him usually. Added bonus that his personal spell (Pick a Card) advances his level up a ton so hitting a duplicate of him is usually pretty high value (also because getting four cards next turn is powerful on its own).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Oh my god the most hilarious play of my life. Flash of Brilliance gives me Dawn and Dusk, so I copy my Lee Sin and then kick his entire team back into his nexus for 12 damage, exact lethal. Best game ever.

@MNC Dover Just added you. It looks like I'm ChaosHat #NA1 if anyone wants to add me. I will throw down for some friendlies if anyone wants.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Does a Deep based deck actually work, or is it too slow to make it through the first 35 cards?

Also, in guessing the chart on the first page about exp is when to change what region you are exploring?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    First 25 cards, not 35

Edit: I don't see it a lot in constructed, but it's very strong in draft

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I would call it like a mid-tier deck in constructed, though the recent nerfs to other decks may have made it Slightly Better

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Damn, Fizz will totally cancel a card like Static Shock. That was not a fun thing for my opponent to learn

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Does a Deep based deck actually work, or is it too slow to make it through the first 35 cards?

Also, in guessing the chart on the first page about exp is when to change what region you are exploring?

Region changes don't matter too much, but I'd start by getting every region to level 8. That way you get a Champion and some cards. After that, focus on leveling up the regions you're enjoying the most.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Damn, Fizz will totally cancel a card like Static Shock. That was not a fun thing for my opponent to learn

Yeah, Fizz will cancel anything targeting him even if if targets other things too. Which can be quite powerful against certain effects.

I don't believe it works on targetless aoe though.

• Options
    Bildgewater has a new animated intro screen like all the regions. It looks pretty neat, but the best part is that it contains normally dressed Miss Fortune.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Why does Sleight of Hand exist?

Pilfered Goods costs 2 instead of 3. Also is burst instead of slow. Also is 1 draw +1 with plunder instead of 0 to 1 with plunder. Also pilfered is common versus rare

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Lee Sin is so frickin fun when he works. I think he's maybe just okay power level wise and the deck I'm using him in (Lee/Vi) will get worse when it's other chunky challenger and spell draw gets nerfed in a few hours so I don't know where he'll fit into the meta overall.

But like, if you want to enjoy kicking your opponent's shit over and over and just giggling then I highly recommend it. I just played a game vs karma lux where I kicked his Lux twice, his karma, and a radiant guardian with some help of some extra Lee sin draws to kick on his turn.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Pilfered Goods costs 2 instead of 3. Also is burst instead of slow. Also is 1 draw +1 with plunder instead of 0 to 1 with plunder. Also pilfered is common versus rare

Sleight of hand draws from their hand, while pilfered goods draws from deck.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Sleight of hand draws from their hand, while pilfered goods draws from deck.

Specifically, taking a card from their hand is a stronger effect because it reduces their card advantage.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The card advantage is the same, they're both net 1.

• Options
    I think it's entirely a feels bad balancing. It's probably much more rage inducing to have the Cithria the Bold that you were just about to play and planned around ripped out of your hand than the Cithria the Bold that was on top of your deck that you would have had but never actually had.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea slight of hand has potential to be a stronger card - since your opponent is more likely to be holding a minion to drop the following turn or pull some important piece of a combo; but currently you don't see anything running it since pilfered goods is cheaper and faster; but there's probably a meta where it gets used more.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    The card advantage is the same, they're both net 1.

It's not the same though because you reduced their handsize by 1.

It's also probably more likely you are screwing with their strategy by potentially swiping a card they were holding on to.

• Options
    Reducing their handsize is why it's net 1 and not net 0.