As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Australia]: Now slightly less shitfucked!

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Did you use that one word you know in a language which may or may not be the one they were speaking?

That shows how worldly and sophisticated you are.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    "tiramisu" is how you say hello in Asian, right

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's how you say "hello toilet, my old friend" in my native tongue

• Options
    Mr SparklesMr Sparkles Registered User regular
    The best part of that response is that it's "capitalism", but a paragraph long.

If that sort of thing is going down for real, it isn't being driven by people who work for a wage.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    Did you use that one word you know in a language which may or may not be the one they were speaking?

That shows how worldly and sophisticated you are.

Hey!

I learned a whole phrase from the Filipino staff at the Macca's I used to work at!

Putang ina mo!

(don't google translate that at work)

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I think that phrase was one of three that literally everyone in my high school year knew.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I just google translated that at work, because I'm a rebel like that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I'm working from home so I don't know if I should translate that or not.

I think I'll just not. I too am a rebel like that.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    my campaign for open borders also includes durians

You'd be assassinated before you could take office.

• Options
    With a durian, probably.
    Live by the stinky devil fruit, die by the stinky devil fruit.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

i will build a subway and place a durian in it

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

i will build a subway and place a durian in it

Going to need you to take a bite out of one with the skin on, thanks.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    We can't allow more Durians in to harm local bus services. I'm forming the duriwont movement in protest.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    One of my sister's dog tweets got liked by Scott Ludlum and she's gonna be insufferable about this till at least January.

• Options
    A tweet by the dog belonging to your sister?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Kincaid wrote: »
    A tweet by the dog belonging to your sister?

we all know if they could type every tweet would say 'cheese'

oro5co3agi2o.png

actually true story, she used to have the dogs' food order as [Dogs name] [Sister's last name] and once she got a call from a customer satisfaction survey dude asking "could we speak to Mabel to find out if she's satisfied with the product?" We were driving in the car together, so she covered the mic, looked at me, and said "Should I do it?" and I said "yes" so she got back on the phone after a pause and said in the Dog Voice* we all use, "Yes, this is Mabel?" and expressed her immense doggy satisfaction at great length.
    Then eventually had to apologise to the poor guy on the other end who was trying to get actual useful data from this call.

* it helps to know that the Dog Voice is a Paul Keating imitation. It came about because Mabel is an unusually Silent Doggo and never barks or growls or even squeaks, so sometimes we talk for her, to help her express herself. I don't know why it's Paul Keating though.

tynic on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm sitting here right now staring at the RFS app, at an enormous out of control bushfire 20km away, with the wind gusting my direction.

Fuck.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hey Straya friends... Specifically those around Sydney...

I'll be there from Jan 9 through the 12th and I'm getting a tattoo at a studio down in Maroubra. I'm wondering if I ought to stay in the CBD someplace and just get a car out to the studio, or if that area is cool/interesting/pretty and worth staying closer to?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'd ever want to venture into Maroubra in the first place, but it might have changed from when I worked there about 10 years ago. It was a pretty rough area. It's close to beaches and such, but not much there I'd recommend staying in the area to see.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    yeeaaah not a lot down there really. (well I have some family down at Coogee, but that's not helpful)
    I'd probably stay closer to the CBD if I were you. Well, Newtown/Erskinville at least

tynic on
  • Options
    i live in maroubra and it is nice

fuck y'all

• Options
    but yeah don't actually stay here.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hahahaha allllright then!

This was originally going to be a work-and-tattoo trip but now it's just a tattoo trip so I'm tempted to stay somewhere less CBD and more... fun... (sorry central Sydney)

But I guess if I only really have Saturday to muck around it doesn't REALLY matter so much where I am...

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I mean yeah the CBD is, well. It's a BD.
    I usually stay in Newtown, but it's been a while since I hung out there, it might be all gentrified or something now. Glebe is nice?

• Options
    isn't that a small fluffy water bird with red eyes?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    getting from in inner west to maroubra is quite annoying without a car.

Newtown is a bit more gentrified, but it's still a nice place to be

• Options

no, that's a grebe. A Glebe is spherical map, usually of earth.

• Options
    Yeah I figured I'd need to use a ride sharing app to get out to Maroubra unless I was staying on the east somewhere. I'll look at Newtown and the CBD even though it's boring, see what I can spot. Thanks guys!
    tynic wrote: »

No that's a globe. A Glebe is a piece of armor used to protect the shins.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah I figured I'd need to use a ride sharing app to get out to Maroubra unless I was staying on the east somewhere. I'll look at Newtown and the CBD even though it's boring, see what I can spot. Thanks guys!

No, those are greaves. A Glebe is a polearm with a single-edged blade attached to the end.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »

No, those are greaves. A Glebe is a polearm with a single-edged blade attached to the end.

No that's a glaive. A Glebe is a penny arcade forumer who posts about animorphs.

• Options
    edited December 2019

No that's a glaive. A Glebe is a penny arcade forumer who posts about animorphs.

Nnnooo, that's a Geebs. A Glebe is a rude term for a member of the common masses.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

Nnnooo, that's a Geebs. A Glebe is a rude term for a member of the common masses.

No, that's a plebe. A Glebe is is a small clearing in a wooded area, sometimes associated with pixies and such mythical creatures.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »

No, that's a plebe. A Glebe is is a small clearing in a wooded area, sometimes associated with pixies and such mythical creatures.

No that's a grove. Glebe is that giddy joyous feeling you get under certain circumstances.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    You glebes are alright.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

No that's a grove. Glebe is that giddy joyous feeling you get under certain circumstances.

Hmmm, I think you'll find that is in fact "pleased". Glebe is the SE++ forum member who runs Secret Saints.

• Options
  • Options
    Hey c'mon, I had to google 'pleased', I'm not used to using words that mean some variation or derivation of "happy".

• Options
    pimento wrote: »

Hmmm, I think you'll find that is in fact "pleased". Glebe is the SE++ forum member who runs Secret Saints.

TOO LATE OLD MAN

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I also live in maroubra, it's fine and there's like 8 bus routes from there to the city. Kinda boring unless you're a big beach person.

The good stuff in the city is all South of town Hall. Newtown is great also.