Options

[Australia]: Now slightly less shitfucked!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Trying to plan a trip to Auckland and can't decide if I want to get in and out as fast as possible or if it's worth adding a few hours to wander downtown on a Sunday morning.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    When are you up here? If I'm around I'd be keen to catch up with you

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Flying up for a concert on the 29th February, so not for a while. Probably fly up Saturday arvo sometime and then I can't decide what to do with my Sunday.

• Options
    Oh dang plenty of time. If you want to catch up Sunday I can drop you at the airport Sunday arvo. I’m pretty close to the airport so it’s no bother for me

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    There's a steady Nor/nor-westerly today and the amount of smoke and haze here is unbelievable. I mean, some is muggy mist from the warm weather, but only a portion. I've never seen anything like this. You know when there's a warehouse fire downtown and the whole city knows about it? It's like that, but the fire is across the Tasman. And it's everywhere. I drove for an hour to visit the in-laws and the whole way every hill was shrouded in a indistinct fog, like the draw distance of a mid-naughties open-world game.

This is ridiculous. The size of those fires is incomprehensible. I just can't even...

• Options
    SapporoL1ght5SapporoL1ght5 Registered User regular
    Why must our countries job market suck so much?

A door to door hentia salesman.
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

capitalism

broken image link
  • Options

capitalism

I would argue it's the mass importation of foreign workers we don't need while young local grads can't even get a solid start in "fields in demand" due to said importation of workers.

• Options

capitalism

I would argue it's the mass importation of foreign workers we don't need while young local grads can't even get a solid start in "fields in demand" due to said importation of workers.

Also we really need to develop an industry more reliable than an inflated housing market, an agricultural industry whose land keeps on being bought by the CCP and digging ore out of the ground.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

capitalism

Oh hi there Andrew Bolt.

• Options
    Meant CPC but the fact still remains it should be better than this.

• Options
    Mass importation lol. There was about 175,000 people granted temporary or permanent visas in for skilled work 2017-2018. That’s a drop in the ocean on a national scale across all industries.

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Mass importation lol. There was about 175,000 people granted temporary or permanent visas in for skilled work 2017-2018. That’s a drop in the ocean on a national scale across all industries.

Closer to 300, 000 in unofficial numbers but nice try.

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I can't see this going anywhere positive.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    with how multicultural australia is, xenophobia is a really negative trait for potential hires to have

probably why you're having trouble

broken image link
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Well my unofficial numbers say it’s actually seventeen people, fifty undeclared durians and seventeen million Bintang singlets.

But nice try.

Blake T on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    durians, I knew it was them

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

Closer to 300, 000 in unofficial numbers but nice try.

I'm not sure how you got here, but this is NOT the Facebook page of One Nation, sorry.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    durians, I knew it was them

They keep trying enforce these quarantine laws but those dang durians are wily.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    I’d be all for some kind of restriction on durian immigration until we figure out what’s happening. Perhaps a wall of some kind.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Are we at job stealing immigrants this week? I could swear this was a dole bludging immigrants week.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You know, his user name is very funny.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    my campaign for open borders also includes durians

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Durians won’t be stopped by no wall. They’re durians. They’ll just bash right through it, spikes and all.

And even if they don’t, the smell will still cross the border, so keep that in mind.

• Options
    bring the durians here

• Options
    theSquid wrote: »
    Are we at job stealing immigrants this week? I could swear this was a dole bludging immigrants week.

My personal favourite type of immigrants are the dole bludging job stealing immigrants that simultaneously have too much money and send all their money "home" to a different country. Every February 29th they get front-page coverage!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Clive James just died
    He'd been very ill for a long while but somehow I still feel slightly shocked. Seemed like he would live forever as the Boomer Laureate.

• Options
    Give me all the durian

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Yeah, if I'm putting up with the smell, I better at least get to eat it myself.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    See, even durians are still discriminated against even as they try to adapt to mainstream fruit culture in Australia. The ones that do make it through, you only find them in freezer sections at your local Asian grocer, not at a Coles or Woolies!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    under my leadership, I will put a durian on every bus and train in the country

• Options
    I feel that’s just a liberal tactic so they can defund government services.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Lalabox wrote: »
    under my leadership, I will put a durian on every bus and train in the country
    OMG have I shown you this photo from my Singapore trip a couple years ago??? This was from a bus!

5ybqyxpljjmn.jpeg

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    theSquid wrote: »

My personal favourite type of immigrants are the dole bludging job stealing immigrants that simultaneously have too much money and send all their money "home" to a different country. Every February 29th they get front-page coverage!

Ah yes, these lazy immigrants who are somehow educated enough to steal the jobs that you’re after while simultaneously being cheats who abuse the system and are actually here to just collect welfare.

Also, it’s always been super weird to me immigrants are classed as stupid or dumb ... many immigrants can speak 2 languages and function at least as well as a monolingual English-speaker can while using THEIR SECOND LANGUAGE.

Like, isn’t that something to respect? I think it is! If you can do my job as well as I can while I’m using my first language and you’re using your second language, good on you! Or is it that we have inferiority complexes that we haven’t quite worked through ourselves?

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    No, you make a lot of good points.

Although, I haven't even brought up the very blurst type of immigrants yet, which is those wily foreign seductresses that come here with their outstanding personalities, fantastic sense of humour, and devastating good looks and steal all the good Aussie men for themselves!

• Options

Although, I haven't even brought up the very blurst type of immigrants yet, which is those wily foreign seductresses that come here with their outstanding personalities, fantastic sense of humour, and devastating good looks and steal all the good Aussie men for themselves!

Oh yeah, those are totally the worst. Stealing our men as well as our jobs. Gold-diggers, the lot of them!

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Oh yeah, those are totally the worst. Stealing our men as well as our jobs. Gold-diggers, the lot of them!

Now they're after our gold mines too?!

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular

That’s why I married a Sheikh, yes.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    One time two people walked past me so speaking a foreign language and I was so secure and masculine that I immediately assumed they were talking about me disparagingly as opposed to literally a million more likely topics.

I may even have assumed they were foreign spies plotting to invade us or some stupid shit