As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I hate Iron Banner with a passion. All that work in a shitty playlist I hate for duplicate pinnacle drops.

Yeah, let’s put the only pvp pinnacle rewards (and the only ones a solo player could reasonably earn) in a mode that brings out the worst connections on top of light level advantages. And make the bounties take hours and hours to complete.

But hey a group can do dungeons and nightmare hunts in 15 minutes so I guess that’s fair.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ohhh boy comp is hard during iron banner weeks. I was so annoyed when I heard we were doing a third this season.

My crew played our asses off to go 5-6 and lose like 100. We managed to pull two big upsets where destiny tracker has us at 20 and 13% to win.

Destiny tracker gave us 0% chance to win one. They weren’t wrong on that one.

Sucks to win the games you’re supposed to, pull some upsets and still come out negative.

616610-1.png
    How does Blast Furnace with Tactical Mag, Snapshot Sights and Kill Clip sound for PVP?

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    For me, how good a blast furnace is depends a lot on what sights you have. I really like the low-zoom Meyrin RDS, and did better with that sight than the mid or long range options.

ronzo wrote: »
    For me, how good a blast furnace is depends a lot on what sights you have. I really like the low-zoom Meyrin RDS, and did better with that sight than the mid or long range options.

Mine has the medium zoom scope but with snapshot sights the handling doesn't bother me at all.

Honestly if I could just get a version of D1's godroll Hawksaw I would use nothing else when it comes to pulses. I don't think anything will ever match the stability on that thing.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Mine has the medium zoom scope but with snapshot sights the handling doesn't bother me at all.

Honestly if I could just get a version of D1's godroll Hawksaw I would use nothing else when it comes to pulses. I don't think anything will ever match the stability on that thing.

Last Perdition may be right up your alley then. It’s a Suros energy Pulse that comes from the Crucible, so you could try throwing tokens at Shaxx. Maybe you have a Y1 Collection version you can pull out to get a feel. The Y1 is still a solid PvP gun imo

I managed to snag one with Outlaw / Rampage and huge stability and it’s one of my all time favorite guns

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Last Perdition is a meaty gun. Energy slot Blast Furnace, essentially.

I'm forever torn between it and my Claws of the Waffle Iron, since I enjoy running with Last Word as a primary. ..Which reminds me that I should go deathmarch in IB for some more waffleiron rolls.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »

I'm forever torn between it and my Claws of the Waffle Iron, since I enjoy running with Last Word as a primary. ..Which reminds me that I should go deathmarch in IB for some more waffleiron rolls.

Technically it's actually energy Bygones. But slightly worse.

Bygones is a REALLY good pulse though.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The best energy Pulse is Inaugural Address. Forever.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Aha, that must be why I like it so much. Bygones could be my forever gun if I had one with a roll I like.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    The best energy Pulse is Inaugural Address. Forever.

I still have 3 of them in my vault, one for each element.

When I really need some "Kills with X element weapon in Crucible" quest steps done, I pull the appropriate beauty out and engage in some aggressive nostalgia with some fellow guardian's faces.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

And yet LP feels way better than Bygones to me. Maybe it’s the scopes

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Jian-7 is my baby. It is so damn consistent. I wish there was a Kinetic version and then I would have the best primary to mix and match with whatever you need. Even without a mod it wrecks face, even post nerf.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I hate Iron Banner with a passion. All that work in a shitty playlist I hate for duplicate pinnacle drops.

Yeah, let’s put the only pvp pinnacle rewards (and the only ones a solo player could reasonably earn) in a mode that brings out the worst connections on top of light level advantages. And make the bounties take hours and hours to complete.

But hey a group can do dungeons and nightmare hunts in 15 minutes so I guess that’s fair.

Yeah as I started looking into getting pinnacle drops, I was surprised to see there was no 'gimme' for solo players, even like, 1 a week. I got 2 of the iron banner ones this week and I'm afraid to grind out the other two for fear I'll get repeats, but I would just be putting it off till next time anyways...

steam_sig.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I went from being awful and rusty at sniping to pretty serviceable over the course of the week. My split is right about 50/50 between hand cannon and sniper kills per match, and my efficiency is back up to the 4+ range most matches, and I definitely one it to Tranquility. And practice, I guess.

I love Tranquility so much, I decided to spend my night farming for a perfect roll. After about 5 cycles, I finally got one with No Distractions and opening shot, and I think that's going to be good enough for me to call it my main sniper. And it doesn't hurt that it sounds incredible.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The Iron Banner ability use bounty is horrible. I like using Slova bomb, but was under 50% done by the time I completely finished the kills bounty. I've switched to Solar but it's not much better. I guess Arc is the last stop to see if I can get this to go any faster.

Meanwhile, Titans coast on this one because of shoulder charge.

edited December 2019
    The Iron Banner ability use bounty is horrible. I like using Slova bomb, but was under 50% done by the time I completely finished the kills bounty. I've switched to Solar but it's not much better. I guess Arc is the last stop to see if I can get this to go any faster.

I think it should count well and barrier kills, but that leaves hunters high and dry.

edit: I think the game needs to do more in general to promote class skill usage.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    6 Warlocks + 6 Aeon Souls + Grenadier modifier made for one of the funnest (heroic) Menageries I've ever run. Just non-stop grenades!

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular

In the TWAB that followed the last iron banner they mentioned that they knew that challenge was way out of line with the others, but there wouldn't be a fix until next season.

Which I would love to talk about.

Look, videogame programming is hard. Sure. But the reason we get percentage in quest completion is so that they can tweak raw numbers more easily.

This uses % completion.

So it's not easy to change still?

Ergo it's all bullshit. I cannot believe even the worst spaghetti code doesnt let you change a value like this.

On an unrelated note I eagerly await the Izanagis nerf. Its use rate is crazy high. Not recluse high. But damn, its everywhere.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I doubt they can live change values, it'll probably take a patch to change, and since the next closest patch is next season, it'll be fixed next season.

That or they are going to straight up replace it, and the replacement isnt ready yet and the resources are going into that instead.

steam_sig.png
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Guess who just did a flawless solo Pit of Heresey on his hunter? :D Never again, though.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Many thanks to @Luarithae for helping me get Izanagi's last night. Now with that and the Recluse I'm more ready for raids and the like.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    Catalase wrote: »
    Guess who just did a flawless solo Pit of Heresey on his hunter? :D Never again, though.

What was your strat for the totem?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Daaaaang this emblem is boss as hell
    Catalase wrote: »

What was your strat for the totem?
    Middle tree hunter, graviton forfeit. Stack up on recovery with hive barrier and some solar resist for all those damn acolyte grenades. Sniper scavenger and ammo finder were also musts.
    Used a subtle calamity with a minor spec, which let me one-shot acolytes with a crit. Izanagi's for the knights
    Constantly crouch-headshotting with the bow to stay perma invisible, which let me run back and forth and do the orbs.

By the end of it the hard part was actually that damn maze; had totems and ogres and even the final boss down to a practiced art.

Catalase on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Well, I spent the bulk of my weekend playing Iron Banner. My general thoughts and experiences:
    1. I much prefer Shaxx to Saladin. Shaxx is like the friend who is super excited to spectate, whilst Saladin is like a friend watching you play after he burned a couple of bowls.
    2. Control games are totally my jam and I did a lot better than I expected. For the weekend my record was 19W-16L. Friday I was 5-7 but once I fell down into my deserved scrub-league, I was wining more than I was losing. I did see a lot of “mercy” games (from both sides).
    3. As expected, the ‘capture points’ bounty was super easy and I think I finished that in a dozen games.
    4. After a slow start on Friday, I bought a bunch of 750 gear from planetary vendors to drive my power level down. (I had to spend about two hours on this because Fashion Destiny, yanno?) After that I was able to finish up the “defeat opponents” and “final blows” (with bonus credit for higher power level opponents) pretty quickly.
    5. The final step of the season 8 IB quest required super kills and I was sitting at 4/25, so I switched to bottom tree Striker on Sunday (I normally play mid-tree Sentinal) and after about 15 minutes to “settle in” I now see why people hate it. So ridiculous. At the end of the day on Sunday I was topping the leaderboard of my scrub-league team(s) for kills and my efficiency was pretty consistently above 1.0, and I actually hit 3.0 in one game. My overall lifetime Destiny 2 efficiency was climbing up for the entire weekend, and I’m sitting at 0.62 currently. (I was at 0.54 last week.)
    6. My first two 'pinnacle' rewards were unique slot items (which was good), but the third was a repeat of my energy slot weapon, so my overall power level will not increase from this effort. Still, I now have two 952 weapons to use!
    7. I tried to play a couple of other modes just because, but Iron Banner has basically sucked all of the air out of the room. IB games would pop in a couple minutes but I was watching the game try to fill a single gambit match for 20 minutes before I gave up (and it was still sitting at 3/8 after that wait). And then got into another Iron Banner match in less than two minutes. How much is the decay on Glory for not playing competitve? Can it drop you down a sub-rank?
    8. I managed to reset my Valor for the second time ever due to Iron Banner. (Hooray?)
    9. I still need to do the “kills with an ability” bounty. I’m sitting at 61% now, but I expect it will go much faster now that I’m using OP striker mode. That subclass is seriously broken in PvP.
    10. Speaking of broken, I'd honestly forgotten how much I love my Vigilance Wing. The catalyst dropped for me at some point on Saturday and I'm already halfway to getting it slotted (126/250 Crucible kills). The requirement for five "Blood For Blood" medals is laughable though. Was that ever intended to be something difficult? I'm sitting at 32/5 on that requirement and expect to see it potentially hit 75 (out of five haha) before I finish the whole thing up.
    11. Added: the Iron Banner armor that drops randomly as a reward for winning games had a base stat total that was incrementally better than the random stuff I was using, so I got some marginal benefit there (even if my overall power level didn't really budge).
    Overall it was a fun and enjoyable weekend.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    It's just amazing how many people are getting 4+ kd games, 30-45 kills a game and somehow have steam profiles that are level 1 or 2. It's just craaaaazy, how good these newcomers are on Steam. I mean holy hell they have to do something about these hackers at some point. They are in every other game, minimum for me.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Well, don't forget, it's not K/D, it's K+A/D. Some of those scores might be more plausible than you realize.

• BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Well, don't forget, it's not K/D, it's K+A/D. Some of those scores might be more plausible than you realize.

So how about the snap aims, flying 100 feet up in the air on a titan and warping to enemy spawns instantly?

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    PC Master race is crippled by it's kyptonite, endless streams of Asian and Russian hackers who give two fucks if they get banned

How about make iron banner and comp require purchase of some kind? Simple solution.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    This is why I won't even bother with PvP on the PC. Yeah, sure you can whinge all you want about console play: low frame rates and resolution (neither of which affect me since my 53-year old eyeballs are the weakest link) or the lack of aiming accuracy (which is a non-issue since it affects all players equally) or the "slow" controls (also an issue for everyone). I gladly make that trade in exchange for the near lack of hackers and exploit users. Sure they still exist, but not at my rock-bottom level. SBMM gets them out of my league after a single game.

26904.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    A very good chunk of the 300 hours I've put into the game since Shadowkeep has been PVP. All types. Comp, regular, Iron Banner. In several hundred matches, I can only think of one time when I was even remotely suspicious that a guy was cheating.

Sample size and all that, but I have to think if hackers were a crippling problem on PC, I would have seen more than (maybe) one in the last couple of months.

I did get a message tonight accusing ME of cheating, though, so take that as you will.

edited December 2019
    Okay, so, a lot of PVP today. I've been testing 2 loadouts: Ace of Spades / Twilight Oath VS Not Forgotten / Tranquility.

Objectively, it seems like Ace/Twilight should be the better loadout, and everyone keeps telling me it is. Ace has better range, a better perk for doing damage, and it keeps the radar up, and Twilight fires faster, has more aim assist, and better handling.

But there's just something about how Not Forgotten and Tranquility feel. I just routinely do better with them, and since I wanted to nerd out over actual numbers I averaged out 15 matches with each loadout, and with NF/Tranquility I average 4.1 efficiency and 32 k+a. With Ace/Twilight it's 3.9 and 24.

I generally feel 100% confident in any 1v1 matchup with either hand cannon, but as soon as I'm at 1v2, I feel like Ace just doesn't cut it for some reason. I feel more accurate (and faster) with NF. I also find myself hard scoping lanes too much with Ace because of the radar, which doesn't usually get me killed, but it slows down my pacing a lot.

I also find myself hitting quick flick shots way more often with Tranquility, despite lower aim assist. I do have a target acquisition mod on it, but the internet seems to claim it actually does nothing.

minor incident on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Solar Warlock was better for gaining ability points than Void, but it was still pretty pitiful gains per match. So I finished out with the quest done and all the bounties finished out and even the season 8 Crucible quest done.

Pushing towards the season 8 Vanguard quest, I'm pretty annoyed that it's 90% Nightfall based, so my usual method of focusing on regular strikes has kinda screwed me here. I don't know if it's worth grinding out these scores just for a shader and an emblem. And because Bungie always has to be shitty to some degree, the HORRIBLE Eriana's Vow Catalyst quest doesn't progress on Nightfall Ordeals. Because why not make CERTAIN that you can't grind these two bad ideas at the same time, very "smart."

The Gambit season 8 quest is right out, I think I'll finish season 8 having played zero rounds of it (after resetting Infamy in season 7).

shoeboxjeddy on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Well. I can’t wait for iron banner to be over. Comp tonight went 6-5. Lost points.

So many unbrokens. So many dudes with top 500 shiny badges on destiny tracker for at least one mode.

I’m not close to a top 500 player. Please stop putting me against them. I swear when my crew gets 0 unbrokens on the other team it’s an auto win

Why can’t we fight 4500-5500 people when we are 4500-5500? Or he’ll give me 5500 who have only done it this season. Just not unbrokens!

616610-1.png
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I have seen a person I strongly suspect was aim-botting. They just stood in the middle of the map, on a high point, and automatically seemed to headshot any of my team with MIDA when they came out from cover. We basically couldn’t leave our spawn (even as it kept switching from the rest of his team pushing us in while this was going on). Probably sick of the grind for Randy’s. Aside from that not too much.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    A very good chunk of the 300 hours I've put into the game since Shadowkeep has been PVP. All types. Comp, regular, Iron Banner. In several hundred matches, I can only think of one time when I was even remotely suspicious that a guy was cheating.

Sample size and all that, but I have to think if hackers were a crippling problem on PC, I would have seen more than (maybe) one in the last couple of months.

I did get a message tonight accusing ME of cheating, though, so take that as you will.

Yeah, I have played a not-small amount of PvP Destiny on PC and I can't think of a time off the top of my head that I've seen any obvious cheating or botting or DDOSing or whatever. Like, it happens. I've seen the evidence. But the idea that it's a scourge of the Destiny PC PvP scene for your average player is just massively massively overstated.

I would suspect a lot of it is confined to things like comp or high-level comp.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Okay, so, a lot of PVP today. I've been testing 2 loadouts: Ace of Spades / Twilight Oath VS Not Forgotten / Tranquility.

Objectively, it seems like Ace/Twilight should be the better loadout, and everyone keeps telling me it is. Ace has better range, a better perk for doing damage, and it keeps the radar up, and Twilight fires faster, has more aim assist, and better handling.

But there's just something about how Not Forgotten and Tranquility feel. I just routinely do better with them, and since I wanted to nerd out over actual numbers I averaged out 15 matches with each loadout, and with NF/Tranquility I average 4.1 efficiency and 32 k+a. With Ace/Twilight it's 3.9 and 24.

I generally feel 100% confident in any 1v1 matchup with either hand cannon, but as soon as I'm at 1v2, I feel like Ace just doesn't cut it for some reason. I feel more accurate (and faster) with NF. I also find myself hard scoping lanes too much with Ace because of the radar, which doesn't usually get me killed, but it slows down my pacing a lot.

I also find myself hitting quick flick shots way more often with Tranquility, despite lower aim assist. I do have a target acquisition mod on it, but the internet seems to claim it actually does nothing.

Does your Tranquility have opening shot? Because I can see that as being a massive help to flick-shots, the aim assist that perk adds is kind of crazy (see hip fire+opening shot on snipers)

The other benefit of running tranq+nf over ace is having your exotic open for heavies, unless you don’t care for using wardcliff or the like.

Does your Tranquility have opening shot? Because I can see that as being a massive help to flick-shots, the aim assist that perk adds is kind of crazy (see hip fire+opening shot on snipers)

The other benefit of running tranq+nf over ace is having your exotic open for heavies, unless you don’t care for using wardcliff or the like.

Yeah, my Tranquility has No Distractions and Opening Shot. I didn't realize opening shot impacted the aim assist that much, but I guess that makes sense.