As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    imo the best thing is to stay active and stay making the people in charge uncomfortable; I really feel like at this point the best way to affect corporate behavior (if you're not a major shareholder anyway) is to just make the people directly in charge as miserable as possible about bad decisions they make

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Dibby wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    holy fuck warlock galakrond's HP is summon two 1/1 imps (demons)

that is insanely scary. every invoke card plops two tribal relevant 1/1s on board

aside from Zoo getting access to odd paladin's HP
    I haven't seen any of the other Invoke cards, but if Seal Fate is anything to judge by, it looks like Invoke cards are overcosted by about 2 mana, so it's not exactly free.

Yes and no? I think they're costed with the free activation of the HP in mind.

The Warlock 3 mana 1/1 Battlecry: Gain 1 Attack for each minion on board is, well. That's exactly on par with two existing cards! Better than, even. Seal Fate might seem "overcosted", but 3 mana deal 3 damage and slap a Lackey in hand? That's fine, for that cost. It's basically Frostbolt+1 mana for the lackey. There's the 5 mana neutral Taunt Yeti, which by itself is costed appropriately (4 mana 4/5, +1 mana for Taunt) AND you get the HP activation. There's a 3 mana Warlock spell that's give minions +1 attack and summon two 1/1s (which then also get affected by the buff) so I'd say that's costed appropriately. Priest literally gets Assassinate that slaps a Priest Minion in hand, and that's 5 mana.

None of them seem out of line insofar as mana cost except maybe that neutral 4 mana 2/2 Rush? That one's pretty grody.
    Yes, I'm saying that Seal Fate is overcosted by 2 before factoring in the Galakrond hero power activation. So basically the extra 2 mana is going into the hero power effect, which is... basically worth 2 mana. In effect, the cards seem pretty much like average value cards on their own, before accounting for the delayed power accumulation of Galakrond.

FYI, Seal Fate would be a 1 mana card if it weren't an Invoke card. It is definitely not Frostbolt on its own.

Edit: But again I was going based on Seal Fate. A 5 mana 4/5 taunt is only overcosted by 1, so that seems like an auto-include in every Galakrond deck. A warlock all minions +1 attack spell would probably be 1 mana. I haven't seen the Priest spell.

forty on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to have it be completely impossible to evaluate the Invoke cards until the Galakrand for each class has been fully spoiled

It's been fully spoiled, FYI. Unless you're talking about the non-EVIL classes, but I don't think it applies to them?

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Can't wait to have it be completely impossible to evaluate the Invoke cards until the Galakrand for each class has been fully spoiled

It's been fully spoiled, FYI. Unless you're talking about the non-EVIL classes, but I don't think it applies to them?

Only 3 Galakronds have been revealed. We still don't know what Shaman or Warrior does.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Oh, right

• Options
    Standard: 60 packs, new card back and a random golden Legendary; costs $50.
    Mega Bundle: 100 packs, new card back, random golden Legendary and new Deathwing Warrior Hero Skin; costs $80.
    Looks like they're making the bundles give a few more packs than normal again. I wonder if the timing on that is just coincidence.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    CHECKMATE, OBI FETT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    With the caveat that I have no idea how any autochess works since I've never played or even watched one, I watched Trump stream the new Battleground mode for a few minutes and I could not understand what was going on, other than that he seemed to be losing. It appears notably more complicated than regular Hearthstone.

Oh god... are they going to steal away some of our deck slots so we don't get cognitively overloaded???

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPrDhZq2BKM&feature=youtu.be

BYYRRng.png
    lovWVbH.png
    YlqFkSM.png

couple more cards too

fucking lol @ nozdormu

Standard: 60 packs, new card back and a random golden Legendary; costs $50.
    Mega Bundle: 100 packs, new card back, random golden Legendary and new Deathwing Warrior Hero Skin; costs $80.
    Looks like they're making the bundles give a few more packs than normal again. I wonder if the timing on that is just coincidence.

Could just be in response to recent feedback on the previous expac pricing. They had been sending out surveys and shit after all.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    No way does Nozdormu set the player to 10 full crystals, right? Right?

And as a thief Rogue player I absolutely love Dragon's Hoard

ObiFett on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    With the caveat that I have no idea how any autochess works since I've never played or even watched one, I watched Trump stream the new Battleground mode for a few minutes and I could not understand what was going on, other than that he seemed to be losing. It appears notably more complicated than regular Hearthstone.

Oh god... are they going to steal away some of our deck slots so we don't get cognitively overloaded???

All autochess games are incredibly obtuse unless you've played or had it explained to you.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

10. Full. Crystals.

(I'm guessing, anyway)

So it's unplayable hot-meme garbage.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

10. Full. Crystals.

(I'm guessing, anyway)

It sets BOTH players to 10. So does that mean you drop this 8/8 for 4 (which is absurd) and then get 10 more mana that turn?

Seems broken to me

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

10. Full. Crystals.

(I'm guessing, anyway)

It sets BOTH players to 10. So does that mean you drop this 8/8 for 4 (which is absurd) and then get 10 more mana that turn?

Seems broken to me

Yeah not seeing that as being garbage. Why do you not like it Dibby?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

10. Full. Crystals.

(I'm guessing, anyway)

Seems broken to me

Cards that give your opponent an advantage are typically Not Good

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

10. Full. Crystals.

(I'm guessing, anyway)

Seems broken to me

Cards that give your opponent an advantage are typically Not Good

I'm going to guess you get a 4-mana 8/8 and 6 more mana to spend for the turn since it's got weird wording (set each player to 10 instead of gain 10 mana crystals). If that's true and you get a 4-mana 8/8, first opportunity to use the extra mana, and have a deck that's built with the knowledge that might happen... it could be a good card. If there's a late game pally deck that can use the mana boost. Seems like it could work in OTK paladin. More mana, so you can draw more and get to your win con faster. And even on 10 mana, it's still an undercosted minion.

If you only get empty mana crystals, however, its just a meme.

• Options

Since it's not "Gain 10 Mana Crystals" (like Twig of the World Tree), I'm almost positive they will not be filled. I think the intent is that your opponent gets the first big mana turn and then you do.

• Options
    Oh nice, everybody gets all 5 C'Thuns, errr, Galakronds for free again.

• Options
    yeah no it has to be empty crystals then

that'd just be insane otherwise

so, hot meme garbage!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    So equivalent incremental effects are bad, but equivalent BIG effects can be very good. You want to ask a few questions about equivalent effects:

-Who is getting the benefit first? (note: we cannot currently answer this about Nozdormu without information about how specifically it applies the mana) If your opponent gets the benefit first then it allows them to ensure that your board is in a horrible place and make it harder for you to take advantage of the benefit.
    -Who gets the most IMMEDIATE benefit of the effect? In this case, it's whoever can spend their 10 mana the most effectively with the cards they have in hand. There are obvious examples like your opponent having 5 cards, but they're just 1 mana creatures, but there's also more nuanced examples. Your control opponent may not really be able to do much but remove Nozdormu, and then theoretically you should be dropping a 9-10 mana play - and notably, because it's an effect attached to a creature, they DO need to remove Nozdormu.
    -Who gets the most LONGTERM benefit? This one is tricky, because best case scenario this is a 6 turn advantagous move for you. You want to slam this, you want to follow it up with a few turns of big dudes. You've theoretically built your deck to take advantage of this effect, BUT, it's on a legendary, which makes it less reliable. You're looking to gain those tempo swings over those turns, at which point you're both decks that have gotten to the lategame, and are trying to execute your lategame effects.

Ultimately my rating of it is that the legendary tag is a bigger mark against it working than the equivalency of its effect.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Besides the different wording, I think Nozdormu being overstatted as hell for the mana points very strongly to you not getting mana first.

• Options
    Besides the different wording, I think Nozdormu being overstatted as hell for the mana points very strongly to you not getting mana first.

I mean if it's overstatted for the mana, it's basically just Kun The Forgotten King. Where Kun could only be a 0 mana 7/7 on turn 10 and after, Nozdormu would be a 0 mana 8/8 that can only be played on turn 4 and after, and which sets your opponent to 10 mana as well.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Kinda feels like Temporus bad.

The new trailer's music is very style inspired, it feels like listening to a couple of songs mashed together.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think it's pretty comparable to Mountain Giant. But I don't think any Paladin list right now wants Mountain Giants either so

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options

I mean if it's overstatted for the mana, it's basically just Kun The Forgotten King. Where Kun could only be a 0 mana 7/7 on turn 10 and after, Nozdormu would be a 0 mana 8/8 that can only be played on turn 4 and after, and which sets your opponent to 10 mana as well.
    4 mana vs 10 (and lack of druid choose one synergies) makes it a pretty different Card from Kun, except when you don't draw it until late game.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    imo the best thing is to stay active and stay making the people in charge uncomfortable; I really feel like at this point the best way to affect corporate behavior (if you're not a major shareholder anyway) is to just make the people directly in charge as miserable as possible about bad decisions they make

I'll need to watch the opening myself, but it wasn't that long ago when Blizzard took on GamerGate head-on at a Blizzcon opening, I guess human rights is a step too far.

But how do you make Bobby Kotick 'uncomfortable'? A man who announces record profits and then fires 800 employees, a man who has survived Activision shitwave after shitwave? So I don't blame people if they take that un-comfortableness and aim it at the employees, the fans, the players; it's the only thing that produces results when the company is led by an amoral god-king (who has been leading Activision Blizzard since the merger and no longer has Morheime to buffer).

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    I think you guys are missing that after turn ten he's a 4 Mana 8/8. which means you can do things like pyro equality, play an 8/8. On top of aggro decks not being able to capitalize on jumping to 10 Mana so early he might have a spot depending on the Mana.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    BSoB wrote: »
    On top of aggro decks not being able to capitalize on jumping to 10 Mana so early he might have a spot depending on the Mana.

This was my thinking on it. If you're a control deck and your opponent is aggro, setting the game to max mana on turn 4 is probably going to benefit you more than your aggro opponent, as you're trying to buy for time to be able to wipe boards and stabilize. Now, however, you've just accelerated the game to 10 mana and can freely cast whatever you want. Meanwhile, your aggro opponent has been robbed of those key extra turns to try and kill you before you come online.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Unless they've changed how their wording works, they should be full crystals. Empty crystals are always specified as empty, whenever it just says "mana crystals" it means they're full.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    inb4 Dibby can post LUL HEARTHSTONE WORDING CONSISTENCY BRO

<3

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I was reading it as full crystals too, they have specified if they are empty in the past.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    A control deck would love to accelerate the game to max mana against aggro and midrange - in theory.

Problem is paladin has notoriously poor early game board control, so by the 4 mana turn when you can slam down Noz your opponent will already have a threatening board. And then have 10 mana the following turn to push as much damage as possible. Might be too late to stabilize after that.

• Options
    The other option is a mid-range dragon deck.

Dragon tribal is usually about holding a couple big beefy dragons in you hand while making over stated early game plays, then finishing with the beef. So the deck should be able to capitalize on the ramp and also still have a game when you don't draw him early.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Also the auto chess fails to have almost everything that makes auotchess games interesting. No holding gold for econ, no streak bonuses, no selling from hand.

Just, pick a tribe, hope to get good cards from that tribe more than your opponent does.

You should level asap because late game minions don't cost more.

BSoB on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Post #1
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    But how do you make Bobby Kotick 'uncomfortable'? A man who announces record profits and then fires 800 employees, a man who has survived Activision shitwave after shitwave? So I don't blame people if they take that un-comfortableness and aim it at the employees, the fans, the players; it's the only thing that produces results when the company is led by an amoral god-king (who has been leading Activision Blizzard since the merger and no longer has Morheime to buffer).

Immediate following post #2
    BSoB wrote: »
    I think you guys are missing that after turn ten he's a 4 Mana 8/8. which means you can do things like pyro equality, play an 8/8. On top of aggro decks not being able to capitalize on jumping to 10 Mana so early he might have a spot depending on the Mana.

So... the way to get to Bobby is pyro equality?

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    World of Warcraft was seen as an overly simple MMO that failed to have any of the interesting mechanics of the dominant communities like Everquest. Hearthstone was a childishly simpler card game. While various little mechanics can be seen as neat there’s a large market out there that finds the gold banking fiddly nonsense and there’s 80 goddam items to memorize and all these icons are tiny wait what was that character being drafted hold on

It looks incredibly dumb partially because that’s the first response to auto battlers

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    LUL HEARTHSTONE WORDING CONSISTEN--

waaaaaait a minute D:<

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    World of Warcraft was seen as an overly simple MMO that failed to have any of the interesting mechanics of the dominant communities like Everquest. Hearthstone was a childishly simpler card game. While various little mechanics can be seen as neat there’s a large market out there that finds the gold banking fiddly nonsense and there’s 80 goddam items to memorize and all these icons are tiny wait what was that character being drafted hold on

It looks incredibly dumb partially because that’s the first response to auto battlers

Otoh, heroes of the Storm. A happy medium needs to be found.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Are pack drops not enabled for watching the stream this weekend?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    They're enabled. I've got a notification telling me I got two SoU packs.

Edit: Just confirmed that I got them in game. 80 dust.

forty on