As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    If Nozdormu gives you full crystals, that means you can do 16 mana OTKs.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    They're enabled. I've got a notification telling me I got two SoU packs.

Edit: Just confirmed that I got them in game. 80 dust.

Hmm. I've been watching all day and haven't gotten shit.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Noz is confirmed to ramp your opponent first.

579j7muw8aw31.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Looking at video of the auto-chess, it sure is lacking a lot of the usual Blizzard polish. Various icons and movements moving more like an early mobile game than what they usually push out.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

And you're definitely logged in on Twitch? Otherwise maybe there's some sort of delay?

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Noz is confirmed to ramp your opponent first.

579j7muw8aw31.png
    FUCKIN' CALLED IT

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    LUL HEARTHSTONE WORDING CONSISTENCY BRO

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Why is anyone surprised at this?

You seriously did expect this card to buff you to 10 full crystals on t4 with an 8/8 on board?

I mean unless they mulligan for their higher costed stuff on sight of a paladin, you will be better prepared and more equipped to take advantage of this.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options

And you're definitely logged in on Twitch? Otherwise maybe there's some sort of delay?

Definitely logged in, watching on the app. Maybe that's the problem. I dunno.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    If the card worked the way we thought it was obviously busted beyond belief.

Since it works the way Blizzard describes it’s a steaming dumpster pie.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    This was the most hilarious Blizzcon ever for a Chinese player to win. Watching those Chinese flags go up after the ending of the finals is wonderful optics.

forty on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So glad I am no longer spending any money on Blizzard. Fucking shithead.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

That is super trying to have their cake and eat it too, so to speak.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Also another dull 3-0 final with the last game being maximum fun and interactive was truly a weak fart of an ending, but on the other hand, completely apt for Hearthstone.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Ultimately my rating of it is that the legendary tag is a bigger mark against it working than the equivalency of its effect.

I strongly agree with this.

With that said, I'll note that Call to Adventure is a card though; for that matter, so is Prismatic Lens, and maybe even Witchwood Piper depending on the build. If you have nothing but big creatures, Prismatic Lens and Call to Adventure both would work well in a Big Paladin deck. Say a couple of Giants, Tyrion, Shirvallah, and/or whatever else is big and good could round it out. Throw in a few Duel!s, some secrets to help keep you and your minions alive, maybe Lightforged Blessing to get health back once you've gotten your big things online, etc.

It could work, maybe, depending on what the metagame looks like. I'm sure Kibler will hit Legend with it.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Oh man, I just realized you can evolve Hares into Noz.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you can, but it is worth remembering that Evolve will be rotating, which means that the limited evolve material available likely will not make desert hare worth playing anymore

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    you can, but it is worth remembering that Evolve will be rotating, which means that the limited evolve material available likely will not make desert hare worth playing anymore

Come on, this is Yilias we're talking about.

Rotation is meaningless, it's all still there in Wild.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Evolve Shaman does not hang in Wild

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Evolve Shaman does not hang in Wild

Not with that attitude it doesn’t.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    y'all, i am so fucking tired of Evolve

it was fun at first, alright, but holy fuck. fucking end me. fuck Shamanstone. fuck it. Quest Shaman was a fine deck before the Wild cards came in and Evolve pushed it over the fucking top. jeeeeezus.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options

Update: Tuned into the stream on a desktop and both packs showed up after an hour. Weird.

• Options

Update: Tuned into the stream on a desktop and both packs showed up after an hour. Weird.
    Good to hear. Also the stream gave me 3 more SoU packs and a Classic pack, so 6 total. Not bad.

• Options
    Even with Evolve rotating, a 4 mana 8/8 ending up in the evolve pool will lead to some absurdly stupid games every once in a while. E.g., a Tempo Rogue Witchy Lackying an Evil Miscreant into an 8/8 on turn 4 and instantly winning is going to be so fun and interactive.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    It's weird that this will be the first expansion I'm not getting. Figure if I move past this one and still don't have the desire to play at next rotation, I'll probably be done for good.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Even with Evolve rotating, a 4 mana 8/8 ending up in the evolve pool will lead to some absurdly stupid games every once in a while. E.g., a Tempo Rogue Witchy Lackying an Evil Miscreant into an 8/8 on turn 4 and instantly winning is going to be so fun and interactive.

I feel like we already have cheap 4 Mana 8/8 now and in the past(with drawbacks) like Mountain Giant that, while powerful, are still perfectly manageable to overcome.

Granted, you Mulligan/draw becomes a tad more important, but most decks have the reach nowadays to handle this via tempo or removal either way.

With all the added dragons we will probably also be getting some playable cheap dragon killers / eaters as well.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    With all the added dragons we will probably also be getting some playable cheap dragon killers / eaters as well.

I can't wait to see what the hungry crab for dragons looks like.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    fuck. yes.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This was the most hilarious Blizzcon ever for a Chinese player to win. Watching those Chinese flags go up after the ending of the finals is wonderful optics.

That is delicious.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh hey yeah, so THIS card:

malygos_aspect_of_magic.png

Was a bit weird cause it's like "what does that mean"

Welp, we have the answer now:

pfxNb5j.jpg

tl;dr PRETTY FUCKING GOOD

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    "Sounds good to me." Good response.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will be interactions or quips when you place classic Malygos on a board with new Malygos.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be interactions or quips when you place classic Malygos on a board with new Malygos.
    Nah. The only time there are special interactions are cards played against certain opponent heroes.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So, i dunno if this is brand new or not, but the last few days i can't play a ranked game without a rogue playing this cancerous infinite Nazoth + the reborn deathrattle gain 3 health/taunt minions. its seriously OP, especially with Emp T. in standard.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I installed hearthstone after over a year away. Used to be a regular rank 5 player. Looking at the new deck recipes and seeing "12/30 cards owned" was depressing. I'm not gonna be able to play a single deck, am I?

Wait a second, one of the last cards I remember getting before the break was Whizbang! I can play all kinds of decks! Man that card was a great invention.

I hopped into rank 20 queue and won my way up to 14 with only a couple losses. It was cool seeing tons of cards I'd never faced, and even try new legendaries. Not sure if I'll stick around, but the single player stuff I tried was very polished. Might just keep unlocking those for 700 a pop.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    So, i dunno if this is brand new or not, but the last few days i can't play a ranked game without a rogue playing this cancerous infinite Nazoth + the reborn deathrattle gain 3 health/taunt minions. its seriously OP, especially with Emp T. in standard.
    Blame Alphagaia :P

Although I haven't seen the deck with Emp T.

• Options
    Ugh, fuck Shamanstone. Do we have to go through another month of this?

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I'm not really seeing that, honestly.

If anything, his explanation of the Weibo situation makes me feel better. My issue was never about Blitzchung or the casters getting punished,(even though I felt the punishment was heavy handed), because they were breaking contract by talking politics on stream. They've admitted to that. Trump is a monster, but if I go into work tomorrow and broadcast that, I'm going to get reprimanded or fired.

The Weibo statement on Netease was always a much bigger problem for me, but Brack clarified that they neither control that, nor do they approve of what was said.
    There's been a suspicion that China and your Chinese business had an influence on the decision and the statement Blizzard made. Can you confirm for me on the record whether NetEase or any of your Chinese partners didn't have any sort of influence on your decision in this incident?

Okay, glad you asked that because I'd love to be very clear. The first thing that I want to talk about is that there is a massive amount of either confusion or non-understanding around what the regulations are in China. Blizzard is not legally allowed to operate or to publish games in China. You must have a partner. That is the regulation, that is law. NetEase is our partner. NetEase is not a government agency, NetEase is a company. They are the publisher. One of the things that has kind of come up around this is the Blizzard Weibo post and the text around that. We are not legally allowed to operate those channels. We are not legally allowed to contribute. That is a NetEase decision, they are the publisher in China.

Was NetEase in conversation around this issue? They were, certainly. As were the [Blizzard] Taiwan team, as was the Hearthstone leadership team, as was the esports team. All those various constituencies came together and one of the things that we said was we acted very rapidly and we acted very quickly. And that's certainly the failure of this story is those groups coming together and deciding in a very short amount of time what the right action to take forward was.

So the Weibo post that talked about defending "the pride" of China was written by NetEase?

Correct. We did not authorize it. We did not approve it. We would not have approved it had they asked.