As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    got offered rin super early in an arena warlock draft, and built around her with removal taunts and healing

unsurprisingly went 12-0, because rin is an i-win button in arena

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Ugh, fuck Shamanstone. Do we have to go through another month of this?

That was how I felt before this weekend too, and still do really. But secret highlander Paladin has been doing wonders for me even against quest Shaman, and I only feel 34% as dirty compared to if I gave in to Shamanstone.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »

That was how I felt before this weekend too, and still do really. But secret highlander Paladin has been doing wonders for me even against quest Shaman, and I only feel 34% as dirty compared to if I gave in to Shamanstone.

I have everything for that deck except Finley but uggghhhh I'm not crafting him especially when a new expac is right around the corner.

Nuhhhh

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I said screw it and crafted Togwaggle so I could try out N'zoth wall rogue, and also because Togwaggle is good in Lackey playing rogue decks anyway. I won my first game against a Midrange Hunter, but it was very close, and there were some very difficult turns as my health got incredibly low and I feared dying to something like a Kill Command + hero power. Once I finally got the N'zoth taunt + healing train going it was over, but getting there was harrowing. I'm not familiar enough with the deck yet to know if my draws were bad, but I had drawn both Shadowsteps fairly early, only one taunt in the top half of my deck, and my Doomsayers were late draws, so I'm thinking my shuffle wasn't particularly good.

I imagine a lot of games will feel like I'm on the razor's edge of survival getting to the infinite N'zoth fun times.

forty on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    What was your starting hand?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I said screw it and crafted Togwaggle so I could try out N'zoth wall rogue, and also because Togwaggle is good in Lackey playing rogue decks anyway. I won my first game against a Midrange Hunter, but it was very close, and there were some very difficult turns as my health got incredibly low and I feared dying to something like a Kill Command + hero power. Once I finally got the N'zoth taunt + healing train going it was over, but getting there was harrowing. I'm not familiar enough with the deck yet to know if my draws were bad, but I had drawn both Shadowsteps fairly early, only one taunt in the top half of my deck, and my Doomsayers were late draws, so I'm thinking my shuffle wasn't particularly good.

I imagine a lot of games will feel like I'm on the razor's edge of survival getting to the infinite N'zoth fun times.

From fighting against it several times I can see its going to suffer dealing with full aggro decks. but the game is going so much about control that the only thing i see defeating this regularly would be a priest deck heavy in silence.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

From fighting against it several times I can see its going to suffer dealing with full aggro decks. but the game is going so much about control that the only thing i see defeating this regularly would be a priest deck heavy in silence.

Usually those decks are the Blood decks and they can't deal with the reload of N'zoth over and over again.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    What was your starting hand?
    I don't remember exactly, but I did get a few of the early game pieces like a Backstab, Novice, Shiv, and such pretty early on. I basically was able to deal with his early game board with cards + dagger, but in the mid game I felt like I was hurting for another healy taunt.

forty on
  • Options
    I also noticed (obviously, in hindsight) that Grandmummy (from the Cat) and Thalnos can pollute the Deathrattle pool a bit and, if you're unlucky, cut into your heal taunt wall by a good amount. I imagine most the time it isn't an issue but I could see it going wrong in a perfect storm.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

If you're lucky

• Options
    I don't see the Wild Cards event lasting past the release of Dragons, so at least Evolve would be gone.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    In before Drak Op reprint 2 months into DoD.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Did Blizzard say anything about the planned reward structure for Battlegrounds? I'm going to assume most daily quests won't be compatible since they require class wins and playing cards, which don't seem to be things that happen in Battlegrounds.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    They said nothing, they didn't even say if it would have rewards

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Needed 3 Rogue wins so tonight I took N'zoth rogue out for a real spin. Went 3-1, with the loss being to an aggro shaman curving out all the Hare + Evolve and Thunderhead bullshit and getting a Kalecos from Storm Bringer, and my taunt boys playing hide and seek.

One of the wins was against a Highlander Paladin with a bit of a butt clench finale, where I finally got to play N'zoth when I was at 6 health and they had a Ragnaros and some other minions already out. Their only hope seemed to be the 1 in 7 for Rag to hit my face, because they ended up passing their turn, Ragnaros hits one of my heal boys, puts me up to 9 health, and they concede.

The best part of that match actually came earlier, though, when they played Mysterious Challenger and filled up the secret tree. I attacked face with some 1 attack minion, triggering Noble Sacrifice, which also triggered Autodefense Matrix on the Sac. I ran my other minion into the Sac to kill it, triggering Avenge on the Challenger and Redemption on the Sac. I ran my face into the Sac to kill it, then cast Sap on the Challenger, triggering Never Surrender and tossing the 9/10 Challenger back into their hand. It was the most beautiful secret tree pruning I've ever done.

forty on
  • Options
    So, not quite Hearthstone related, BUT. If y'all have been missing The Brodicus's musical stylings as much as I have....

Well I got good news for ya, thread.

get ready 8-)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I can't squelch after the update.

It's awful.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Needed 3 Rogue wins so tonight I took N'zoth rogue out for a real spin. Went 3-1, with the loss being to an aggro shaman curving out all the Hare + Evolve and Thunderhead bullshit and getting a Kalecos from Storm Bringer, and my taunt boys playing hide and seek.

One of the wins was against a Highlander Paladin with a bit of a butt clench finale, where I finally got to play N'zoth when I was at 6 health and they had a Ragnaros and some other minions already out. Their only hope seemed to be the 1 in 7 for Rag to hit my face, because they ended up passing their turn, Ragnaros hits one of my heal boys, puts me up to 9 health, and they concede.

The best part of that match actually came earlier, though, when they played Mysterious Challenger and filled up the secret tree. I attacked face with some 1 attack minion, triggering Noble Sacrifice, which also triggered Autodefense Matrix on the Sac. I ran my other minion into the Sac to kill it, triggering Avenge on the Challenger and Redemption on the Sac. I ran my face into the Sac to kill it, then cast Sap on the Challenger, triggering Never Surrender and tossing the 9/10 Challenger back into their hand. It was the most beautiful secret tree pruning I've ever done.

I'd love to see some replays of your progress.

See my profile here!
  • Options

I'd love to see some replays of your progress.
    I'd love to show you some but almost all my playing is on my tablet. Maybe if this game weren't a 6 year long beta by a small indie dev the game would actually have a proper built-in replay saving/sharing system.

I've wanted to watch a decent quality streamer play the deck to see if I'm making any apparent mistakes in my piloting of the deck, but sadly no one seems to play it since common wisdom is that it's a bad deck.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The new legendary was bugged. I was able to copy an opponent's minion.

• Options
    New legendary?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    The one from blizzcon

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The one from blizzcon

The one everyone gets from logging in today.

• Options
    I did not know there was one.

• Options
    Hmmm, just got one of the new Daily quests. It's a win 3 but includes 3 classes. I think it was Paladin Priest Warlock. However, I wasn't able to reroll a quest.

• Options
    It's not win, but play. Just play three games with any of those classes and your golden.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Guess I have to treat echo Warlock as an autoloss for the N'Zoth train. I thought my wall of taunts would heal me inbetween the two 20 damage blasts, but no such luck.

Was at 30 lives even, so it should work like I thought. Is a bug or according to the rules?

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    It's not win, but play. Just play three games with any of those classes and your golden.
    Oh, I didn't notice. So that's even faster than it used to be. I wonder if conceding counts as playing.

Anyway, my main point was that for some reason I was not able to reroll a quest today and I'm wondering if that is happening to anyone else.

• Options
    Ow yeah, I have the same problem. Even after restarting.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I LOVE NOT BEING ABLE TO REROLL QUESTS OR SQUELCH PEOPLE THIS PATCH

WHAT A GOOD VIDEO GAME. EXCELLENT. SO GOOD.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    hearthstone autobattler looks fun

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    So was Blizzcon exciting for all the wrong reasons?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

My understanding is mostly: no.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Just from casually watching it on streams, I really don't understand what's going on, other than some basic stuff like the left to right alternating random attacks. Does it have a good in game tutorial? If not, I guess I'm gonna have to read a guide or something.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

My understanding is mostly: no.

It was honestly pretty zzz on the actual content too.

• Options
    Just from casually watching it on streams, I really don't understand what's going on, other than some basic stuff like the left to right alternating random attacks. Does it have a good in game tutorial? If not, I guess I'm gonna have to read a guide or something.

Yeah, auto-chess games are like that. Suuuper obtuse if you don't already know what's happening.

Steam profile
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Kibler has a YouTube video that does a pretty good job explaining the mechanics.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

The left most minion attacks first and goes down the line, attacking a random target. Attacks goes back and forth between players. If it reaches the end of your line, it starts over.

If you get 3 of the same minion they combine into a gold one which had double all numbers on it, and gives you a free discover a legendary. All buffs that the minions had get added on top to the golden one.

You buy stuff for 3 gold, sell for 1.1 gold to reroll offerings. You can spend gold level to get offered higher power minions. All gold is lost at the end of the turn. first turn gets 3 gold, + 1 a turn until 10.

When you win a round by having living minions while your opponent doesn't, you deal damage = your level + rarity of all your surviving minions.

BSoB on
  • Options
    You lose your gold at end of turn? Doesn't that both remove economy management and make you more reliant on being lucky in what you're offered.

• Options
    They've turned gold into Hearthstone Mana, essentially.

Steam profile