As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I HAD THE BEST GAME. I guess I have to quit now because I don't think this experience can be topped.

I'm playing as Edwin. Rafaam is in first place with 5 divine shield poisonous murlocs, and I have some ragtag half-mech, half-demon composition. He defeats me easily and knocks me down to 4 health. There's one other player still alive.

Next round I get matched up against a ghost. Bob offers me Brann, Tidehunter, and Khadgar. Murloc transition time? I buy all three and win my round against the ghost. Next round I'll be pitted against the other player still in it. I buy a couple more murlocs but I don't have enough murlocs or enough time to do a full murloc transition, and I have to win my fight against him to stay in the game. I barely manage to do so, and I defeat him. It's down to just me and Rafaam now.

I buy a thing or two and sell my whole board. I play Brann, Khadgar, and Tidehunter for the instant triple. Hits Megasaur. I play out five murlocs, sell Khadgar, and play the Megasaur. First discover: divine shield. Second discover: poisonous. I go into the battle with a hydra, 5 divine shield poisonous murlocs, and Brann. He has the same comp, except he has a foe reaper instead of hydra and his murlocs have way more health. But that doesn't matter when everything is poisonous. We tie.

He's still at 28 health, by the way.

I look for useful buffs, but I never find another Megasaur. Neither does he. I do some stuff with taunts to make sure his Brann doesn't get any lucky kills and eventually I sub out my Brann for Maexxna. I proceed to beat him in combat FOUR TIMES IN A ROW to clinch the #1 spot.
    s4vu76hr30e6.jpg
    igq9hyzl6je4.jpg
    So yeah, full endgame murloc transition and massive comeback for the win. Edit: TOTP too!

Marty81 on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Damn, Mech Paladin is the real deal shit for climbing. I hadn't played much ladder this month so I was still rank 7. I had a quest for Paladin games and my Paladin deck was still Murlocs. I decided to swap it over to VS's Mech Paladin list as I had most the cards (I think I just had to craft a Micro Mummy). I went 3-0 completing my quest, and I was only 1 streak win away from dad legend so I decided to play 1 more game. I won that as well.

And these wins were fast. I had the Full Northshire quest (draw 30 cards) as well, and after the 4 games I was only at 27/30. And there must be some serious Mech Paladin PTSD going around, because in 3 of the 4 games, my opponents conceded before I was even showing lethal. I was ahead on board and things looked good for me, but they seemed to have abandoned any hope of winning.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Mech paladin gets on board early and stays there so you kind of just bully any other deck in the meta that isn't res priest/quest hunter

e: an example of how i've gone from to 50 legend to 2700 in a single session:

highlander rogue gets wand from togg, it gives him a zero mana dragonqueen (which gives old kalecgos and new ysera), siamat and fully invoked galakrond

utterly fucking tilting bullshit rng

this is a cool and fun game, and i love playing, it, smile

Beasteh on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    So what is the counter deck to embittered Druid? That is every single match I play and they start with embittered/quest/breath of dreams and I might as well concede with galakrond warrior because I don’t always have perfect hand and draws.

Preferably not something highlander because I don’t have the cards/dust.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So what is the counter deck to embittered Druid? That is every single match I play and they start with embittered/quest/breath of dreams and I might as well concede with galakrond warrior because I don’t always have perfect hand and draws.

Galakrond Warrior should be able to handle Embiggen Druid if you tech in more control oriented cards. Brawl and the card that kills all damaged minions should help to start.

• Options
    Mech Paladin is pretty good against Embiggen Druid, as is Resurrect Priest. I mean when they curve and draw and quest summon perfectly you're gonna lose no matter what, but over time you should beat them with those decks.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Res Priest. What's that, Druid, you have 7 dragons on the board? Have a Madness. What's that, Druid, you have 7/7s with rush? Have a Mass Silence.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Res Priest. What's that, Druid, you have 7 dragons on the board? Have a Madness. What's that, Druid, you have 7/7s with rush? Have a Mass Silence.
    The only reason Rez priest isn’t the meta, is the amount of rogues.

• Options
    I just found something out.

If you type extra into the search bar for cards. It shows you any triples, even if the triple is made up with a golden.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I just found something out.

If you type extra into the search bar for cards. It shows you any triples, even if the triple is made up with a golden.

but all triples are golden! :rotate:

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    In.... somewhat lighter news (not to detract from this fucking shitshow, but), there was a 2020 Hearthstone Summit held by the HS dev team (yknow, which is to say, not the chucklefucks responsible for the esports clownfiesta)

And word on the grapevine is GOOD, fam:

Color me intrigued.
    If they don't add the ability to reorder your decks then none of those tweets were sincere.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Mech paladin gets on board early and stays there so you kind of just bully any other deck in the meta that isn't res priest/quest hunter

e: an example of how i've gone from to 50 legend to 2700 in a single session:

highlander rogue gets wand from togg, it gives him a zero mana dragonqueen (which gives old kalecgos and new ysera), siamat and fully invoked galakrond

utterly fucking tilting bullshit rng

this is a cool and fun game, and i love playing, it, smile

Every time I play against highlander rogue and I put them under enough pressure that they have to Galakrond without invoking more than once they get THE perfect card from the draw.

Be it Zilliax, Siamat, or my personal (un)favourite: Dragonqueen Alexstrasza into Emeriss into 24/24 Deathwing.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    I played a mirror highlander mage game and we had both played the amazing Reno they played a puzzle box I played 2 puzzle boxes. I lost but it was an incredible game of what is going to happen next.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I played a mirror highlander mage game and we had both played the amazing Reno they played a puzzle box I played 2 puzzle boxes. I lost but it was an incredible game of what is going to happen next.

Truly, a game where razor-sharp minds are pitted against each other in a battle of wits.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    We got a new Wild VS yesterday: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/wild-vs-data-reaper-report-21/

T1 is Secret Mage, Even Shaman, two flavors of mana cheating Warlock, and two flavors of Reno Mage. I was expecting Mech Paladin to also make it but that seems to have been a bit of bias as a Secret Mage player. Also lols at Reno Mage approaching the 30k dust point.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Kids, don't try this at home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJQ1aMaX_0g
    Super lucky he ran into the Patchwork who disconnected. Still pretty impressive though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I both want and don’t want to do more BG now. I had the perfect game. Only HP loss was round one to the 2/4 self pain demon. From then on I tied or won.
    6my0pcv80at8.jpeg

And yes that is three triple pingers. I’m a dirty dirty little boy.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    I stay too low tier for too long in battle grounds. I've got to remember to move up even if it means I'll lose the next encounter or two.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I stay too low tier for too long in battle grounds. I've got to remember to move up even if it means I'll lose the next encounter or two.

If you can, try to find safe(ish) times to level. For example, if your opponent leveled this round, they will generally not increase in power by much (exceptions for power spikes due to triples, but those show up too). Playing ghosts is a perfect chance to take a risk.

Also knowing the power curves for different builds can help. Murlocs are strong late but weak mid game, so you can often safely level against a murloc player still in T4 or below. Beasts are strong midgame but weak late, demons are weak early (barring insane wrath weaver starts, and mechs are weak before cobalt (and strong at every point after).

If you’re ahead early, it can be smart to leverage your health advantage to tier up. This is especially important for beasts and murlocs, since they need to be T5 to really shine. Deathrattle builds also need to tier a bit more aggressively, since they’re heavily reliant on baron (and a triple in T4 only has about a 10% chance to find him).

Mechs and demons can sit at T3 and T4 for longer, since their critical units (cobalt, floating, juggler) are lower down.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I both want and don’t want to do more BG now. I had the perfect game. Only HP loss was round one to the 2/4 self pain demon. From then on I tied or won.
    -snip-

I know your reddit username now...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    sanstodo wrote: »

If you can, try to find safe(ish) times to level. For example, if your opponent leveled this round, they will generally not increase in power by much (exceptions for power spikes due to triples, but those show up too). Playing ghosts is a perfect chance to take a risk.

Also knowing the power curves for different builds can help. Murlocs are strong late but weak mid game, so you can often safely level against a murloc player still in T4 or below. Beasts are strong midgame but weak late, demons are weak early (barring insane wrath weaver starts, and mechs are weak before cobalt (and strong at every point after).

If you’re ahead early, it can be smart to leverage your health advantage to tier up. This is especially important for beasts and murlocs, since they need to be T5 to really shine. Deathrattle builds also need to tier a bit more aggressively, since they’re heavily reliant on baron (and a triple in T4 only has about a 10% chance to find him).

Mechs and demons can sit at T3 and T4 for longer, since their critical units (cobalt, floating, juggler) are lower down.
    I have a habit of hanging in T2 a bit too long, and it often feels like I'm behind, but what you said makes sense.

• Options

I have a habit of hanging in T2 a bit too long, and it often feels like I'm behind, but what you said makes sense.

T2 can be tricky. It’s very hero and composition dependent. But as a rule of thumb, you usually want to go to T3 at 7 or 8 gold. Any later and you may be too far behind unless you’re doing some weird Deryl things.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    -snip-

...how? And why? And whaaaa...?

Because I'm pretty sure you'd only get it from some really deep account stalking...

That post had nothing to link to reddit.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    -snip-

...how? And why? And whaaaa...?

Because I'm pretty sure you'd only get it from some really deep account stalking...

That post had nothing to link to reddit.

I think I see the uh, issue here. Someone posted a screenshot on Reddit that is very similar to yours (three Golden Soul Jugglers):

GNYLClS.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I'm hurt that you would confuse me with this "MatiJoo"

I'm far prettier.

• Options
    Oooof been bouncing between like 5.5k and 5.7k for a while now. Got up and and out to 5.8k today. I'll TAKE IT.

It does kinda feel like I've hit a wall, though. Hmm. I mean like, one game I got an early Cobalt and I was like "cool, I'll look for Magnetics and other Mechs and Screwjanks and Cobalt Refreshers!" and then that kiiiinda didn't happen (I found like one other Cobalt?), because three other people were running the same thing.... except better.... And it's like, at that point it felt too late/dangerous to try and transition over to anything else, because I already had something pretty solid. But, well, yeah. I lost pretty early. Mechs were too contested. Or, yknow, other times I'm doin' AIGHT but then I run into some fucko with a full board of Brann/Megasaur'd up Murlocs and it's like okay cool I guess I just lose now. Nothing to do about that.

Not sure how I get up out past this wall though...

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ERmhxuzXsAAwBqP.jpg
    ERmkHQpWsAEsOQf.jpg
    ERmkHQqXkAELmge.png

AND YE, VERILY, DID THE GODS DID SMILE DOWN UPONST MINEST OWN VISAGE

fucking soul jugglers and floating watchers, who needs em. just fatty fuckin' demon bois, let's gooooo

that psych-o-tron put in some WORK though. i had it pumped from an iron sensei pretty early. eventually pitched it though when it outlived its usefulness.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Just reeled off a 4-0 start with wins over Highlander Hunter and a Highlander Gala Rogue using the following. And this deck is even missing much bigger parts (Electra for one) with some garbage swapped in that can easily be swapped out. Whole lot of burst here:

### overloadz
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (0) Zap!
    # 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
    # 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (1) Storm's Wrath
    # 2x (1) Surging Tempest
    # 1x (1) Voltaic Burst
    # 1x (2) Earthen Might
    # 1x (2) Elementary Reaction
    # 2x (2) Likkim
    # 2x (2) Rockbiter Weapon
    # 1x (2) Sandstorm Elemental
    # 2x (3) Lava Burst
    # 1x (3) Spirit of the Frog
    # 1x (3) Unbound Elemental
    # 2x (4) Thunderhead
    # 2x (5) Doomhammer
    # 1x (6) Fire Elemental
    # 1x (10) Eye of the Storm
    #
    AAECAZu1Awi9AYYGsPACs/cCnP8CjIUDz6UD5LcDC+8B4AL5A+AG9vACj/sC9ooDxpkDta0Dtq0D+a4DAA==

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Oooof been bouncing between like 5.5k and 5.7k for a while now. Got up and and out to 5.8k today. I'll TAKE IT.

It does kinda feel like I've hit a wall, though. Hmm. I mean like, one game I got an early Cobalt and I was like "cool, I'll look for Magnetics and other Mechs and Screwjanks and Cobalt Refreshers!" and then that kiiiinda didn't happen (I found like one other Cobalt?), because three other people were running the same thing.... except better.... And it's like, at that point it felt too late/dangerous to try and transition over to anything else, because I already had something pretty solid. But, well, yeah. I lost pretty early. Mechs were too contested. Or, yknow, other times I'm doin' AIGHT but then I run into some fucko with a full board of Brann/Megasaur'd up Murlocs and it's like okay cool I guess I just lose now. Nothing to do about that.

Are you taking notes on opposing compositions? Because you can often predict other players’ progression and make transitions earlier to avoid scrapping over the same minions as 4 other players.

Also don’t knock hybrid builds (or scuffed builds). For example, if you see too many mech players, it can be worth trying for a partial beast splash, usually a buffed hydra to win the shield war in mid game.

Will it win the game? No, the highroll player will win. But it can provide a temporary power boost to survive to top 4.

Kripp does some good videos where he gets terribly unlucky but still manages to scrape something together, usually by finding just enough value to survive midgame.

Rdu also has some great videos where he does smart transitions.

I did some coaching with a friend around 6k and the thing I noticed is that players at that ELO is that they are too linear. Often they go “I’m a beast/mech/murloc/demons player this round” and overlook chances to transition. I helped my friend win a game where he (playing rafa’am) snagged a goldrinn. My friend was like, that’s useless since I’m mechs. But the opponent was the only beasts player and was on T4, having gotten the goldrinn off a triple. My friend was already T5 thanks to a strong start and has 1-2 turns to poach the parts for beasts before the other guy could get there.

So when a baron showed up, rather than transition to mech deathrattle, I showed him how to do a 2 turn beast transition and, after losing a round narrowly due to stockpiling beasts in hand, he got a second goldrinn and couple hydras and swapped out his whole board for a full deathrattle beast build (no pack leaders or mama bears, focused mostly on goldrinn + baron plus two huge cleaves).

He then annihilated the next few players, knocked out the other beast player, and won the lobby.

I think that’s what gets people to 7k and over. It took me a while to get the hang of it tho but it’s worth the practice.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    at around 5.5k mmr in bgs i often go for a tribe early then check the lobby and to my dismay 3-4 other players are going hard on that tribe also

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    at around 5.5k mmr in bgs i often go for a tribe early then check the lobby and to my dismay 3-4 other players are going hard on that tribe also

Be careful of mistaking a soft commitment for a hard commitment. Having a lot of a single minion type early doesn’t mean much. That’s why notes are important.

For example, having a bunch of alley cat tokens means a lot less than a pack leader. The lobby information can be helpful but is often misleading.

• Options
    edited February 2020

Are you taking notes on opposing compositions? Because you can often predict other players’ progression and make transitions earlier to avoid scrapping over the same minions as 4 other players.

Also don’t knock hybrid builds (or scuffed builds). For example, if you see too many mech players, it can be worth trying for a partial beast splash, usually a buffed hydra to win the shield war in mid game.

Will it win the game? No, the highroll player will win. But it can provide a temporary power boost to survive to top 4.

Kripp does some good videos where he gets terribly unlucky but still manages to scrape something together, usually by finding just enough value to survive midgame.

Rdu also has some great videos where he does smart transitions.

I did some coaching with a friend around 6k and the thing I noticed is that players at that ELO is that they are too linear. Often they go “I’m a beast/mech/murloc/demons player this round” and overlook chances to transition. I helped my friend win a game where he (playing rafa’am) snagged a goldrinn. My friend was like, that’s useless since I’m mechs. But the opponent was the only beasts player and was on T4, having gotten the goldrinn off a triple. My friend was already T5 thanks to a strong start and has 1-2 turns to poach the parts for beasts before the other guy could get there.

So when a baron showed up, rather than transition to mech deathrattle, I showed him how to do a 2 turn beast transition and, after losing a round narrowly due to stockpiling beasts in hand, he got a second goldrinn and couple hydras and swapped out his whole board for a full deathrattle beast build (no pack leaders or mama bears, focused mostly on goldrinn + baron plus two huge cleaves).

He then annihilated the next few players, knocked out the other beast player, and won the lobby.

I think that’s what gets people to 7k and over. It took me a while to get the hang of it tho but it’s worth the practice.

Hey this is some primo advice, thanks!

I think that's definitely something I struggle with, and namely knowing when to just bite the bullet and up to 5. I think maybe I stay at 4 perhaps a bit too long considering all the real good build-forming shit is at 5.

I did do a transition today, over to Murlocs. I found a Coldlight, bought it to hold on to while stocking up other pieces, was able to triple up a Tidehunter and nab some other things (incl a Bagurgle off a Triple) but it.... didn't really pan out. I couldn't find Brann, I wasn't able to get Megasaur off any triples, I couldn't find any more Bagurgles or Coldlights and I kinda just floundered. I dunno, a lot of the time I'm just searching for one particular thing (sometimes like I have a Goldrinn and I'm trying desperately to find a Hydra or a Rivendare or something) and it never happens?

Hmmm. I'll keep at it. I dunno. I definitely feel like there's still something I'm just *missing* though. Right now I seem to do best with Demons because that's fairly straightforward and it's just Giant Stats that roll everyone else over, but... Anything else I kinda struggle with.

edit: I think mostly it's just that I worry that if I spend all the turns trying to roll for Other Stuff (for a transition) and not the stuff I have, I'll end up taking too much damage and not find anything I need and just end up falling super super far behind and eventually just lose? Hmm.

edit edit: Not really sure what you mean about the notes thing? Like checking to see what minions people are running? Like where it says stuff like Mechs 7 or whatever? I mean I do look at that but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to really glean anything from that other than what tribe they are. Especially when it says "Mixed Minions", like that could be anything.

edit edit edit: Baaaaasically I think my strength right now is early/mid game but I think I sorta have a tendency to fall apart late game? Like I'm not really sure what I'm meant to be doing lategame or what I'm supposed to be grabbing or looking for.... Like if I don't get a proper start with Demons or Mechs and I just have a random board of rando-minions that I used to survive midgame, I'm not sure how to get a lategame board going...

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Ugh okay prime example: I just had a game as Yogg where I survived midgame with just rando nothing minions and knew I needed something lategame-y asap or I was going to lose. I upped to 5, found a Goldrinn. Found a Hydra and two Highmanes, later found a Rivendare and a second Hydra. Even taunted up the Highmanes with Argus. Cool!

...But it was too late, because I had spent too much time rerolling and my health had dipped too low and I lost to a Ghost that was rocking fatty murlocs. :/

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Ugh okay prime example: I just had a game as Yogg where I survived midgame with just rando nothing minions and knew I needed something lategame-y asap or I was going to lose. I upped to 5, found a Goldrinn. Found a Hydra and two Highmanes, later found a Rivendare and a second Hydra. Even taunted up the Highmanes with Argus. Cool!

...But it was too late, because I had spent too much time rerolling and my health had dipped too low and I lost to a Ghost that was rocking fatty murlocs. :/

Highmane are generally bad compared to, say, direhorn unless you have buffers. But you could have just gotten unlucky in this case.

Also goldrinn should generally be the only taunted minion so you ensure the buff goes off before anything else.

• Options
    Also by notes I mean your personal notes about info you can’t get from the interface.

For example, tirion big cleave. Or patches two juggles, one golden.

Also earlier in the game, could be something like sylvanas pack leader plus rat, no taunt

• Options

T2 can be tricky. It’s very hero and composition dependent. But as a rule of thumb, you usually want to go to T3 at 7 or 8 gold. Any later and you may be too far behind unless you’re doing some weird Deryl things.
    I took your advice and I have been going up earlier than I would normally feel comfortable doing, and it has been fairly successful,

1eos1aoc0v7i.png

• Options
    I remember I said in the thread earlier that "Tirion probably needs a nerf"

hmmmm still think that might hold true...

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDpEx-qCRc&

Live now, by the way. Pretty much every HS streamer you can name is playing BG at the moment.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Full patch notes, btw:

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23312587/dragons-enter-battlegrounds-16-4-patch-notes-february-26
    With the 16.4 patch on February 26, we're adding Dragons as a new minion type to Battlegrounds! Galakrond and Reno Jackson, who recently spread his scaly wings for the first time as the mighty Renegos in Galakrond's Awakening, will join the five original Dragon Aspects as new Heroes!

18 new minions will be added alongside them, 12 of which will be the new Dragon minion type. All but two of these minions are new to Hearthstone altogether, exclusive to Battlegrounds! You can read more about the Dragons update below.

We're celebrating the first new minion-type in Battlegrounds with Twitch Drops! From February 26 at 11 a.m. PT - February 29 at 5:00 p.m. PT, watch 3 total hours of any Hearthstone stream on Twitch to get 1 Descent of Dragons card pack. Watch for 6 hours (consecutive or non-consecutive) to get another one! Watch time accumulates across the entire Hearthstone category, so long as your Battle.net and Twitch accounts are linked.

Link Your Accounts

Before you can receive awards, you'll need to link your Twitch.tv and Battle.net accounts. Here's how:

Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
    Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
    Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
    When connecting accounts, be sure that you're currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you'd like to receive your rewards.
    The official rules for Twitch Drops can be found here.

That's the Spirit!
    More celebrations are in order, as Hearthstone is turning six! To commemorate the occasion, we've planned a limited time anniversary event beginning March 4 that will bring special Tavern Brawls, a new legendary quest line, and a heaping helping of log-in rewards. Log in between March 4 at 10 a.m. PT - March 17 at 10 a.m. PT to receive 2 Rise of Shadows packs, 2 Saviors of Uldum packs, 2 Descent of Dragons packs, and the Year of the Dragon card back!

Mage Pack Bundle

Mage Pack Bundle

For the first time ever, we’re offering a class-specific pack for a limited time! From February 26 – March 4 you can get 5 Mage Packs containing strictly Mage class cards from all expansions in Standard (The Witchwood, The Boomsday Project, Rastakhan's Rumble, Rise of Shadows, Saviors of Uldum, and Descent of Dragons) for $9.99!

Khadgar Hero Set

Khadgar Hero Set

Khadgar is back! For a limited time from February 26 – March 4, you can add the Archmage Khadgar to your collection for $9.99, complete with unique entrance and Hero Power animations, voiced emotes, and a thematic card back!

New Battlegrounds Heroes
    Galakrond

Galakrond's Greed [Cost 1]: Replace a minion in Bob's Tavern with a minion from a higher Tavern Tier.

Deathwing

ALL Will Burn! [Passive]: ALL minions have +3 Attack.

Ysera

Dream Portal [Cost 1]: Refresh and add a Dragon to Bob's Tavern.

Nozdormu

Clairvoyance [Passive]: Your first Refresh each turn costs (0).

Malygos

Arcane Alteration [Cost 0]: Replace a minion with a random one of the same Tavern Tier.

Alexstrasza

Queen of Dragons [Passive]: After you upgrade Bob's Tavern to Tavern Tier 5, Discover two Dragons.

Reno Jackson

Gonna Be Rich! [Cost 4]: Make a friendly minion Golden (Once per game).

New Battlegrounds Minions
    Dragonspawn Lieutenant Red Whelp Glyph Guardian Steward of Time Waxrider Togwaggle Unstable Ghoul Bronze Warden Hangry Dragon Drakonid Enforcer Herald of Flame Cobalt Scalebane Murozond Twilight Emissary Razorgore, the Untamed Holy Mackerel Imp Mama Kalecgos, Arcane Aspect Nadina the Red

Battlegrounds Balance Changes

George the Fallen

Boon of Light Hero Power cost reduced from 4 to 3.
    Sneed's Old Shredder

Moved from Tier 6 to Tier 5.
    Mama Bear

Old: 4/4 Beast, Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +4/+4 - New: 5/5 Beast, Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +5/+5.
    Tavern Tier 6

Starting cost of Tavern Tier 6 has been reduced to 10 Gold (down from 11).
    Dev Insight: Tavern Tier 6 has a lot of exciting minions and we'd like players to have more of an opportunity to reach it than they have. We're also trying to make Tavern Tier 6 more interesting by adding some of these powerful new minions.

Removed Heroes

Professor Putricide
    Dev Insight: We'd like to go back to the drawing board with Professor Putricide. We're going to disable him for now to make way for our new Heroes, but you'll likely see him return in the future with some changes.

Removed Minions

Shielded Minibot
    Annoy-o-Tron
    Mounted Raptor
    Phalanx Commander
    Psych-o-Tron
    Tortollan Shellraiser
    Piloted Sky Golem
    Festeroot Hulk
    Boogeymonster
    Sated Threshadon
    Dev Insight: We're removing some minions to help make room for the new minions. We also want to balance out the minion pool a bit. For example, there were way more Mechs in Battlegrounds than any other minion type. We're also removing some of the minions that aren't performing very well and ones that have generally been less exciting to play with.

Game Improvements and Bug Fixes
    Speeding up animations from 0.8s > 0.2s across all game modes for Overkill, Lifesteal, Poisonous, Inspire, and cards that reference "Whenever" and "After" in their text, outside of some special cases.
    "Recruit" will no longer be displayed on the turn timer when a player is about to lose in Battlegrounds.
    Rafaam's Hero Power will no longer trigger a Triple notification before you transition to the combat phase in Battlegrounds.
    Fixed a visual issue in which Golden Primalfin Lookout would sometimes display Golden Murloc cards.
    Fixed an issue where the scoreboard would not sort players correctly on the first turn if they conceded during the mulligan in Battlegrounds.
    Fixed an issue where the scoreboard could appear unsorted when reconnecting to a game in progress in Battlegrounds.

Arena Rotation
    Starting March 4, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:

Basic and Classic setsGoblins vs. GnomesThe WitchwoodSaviors of UldumDescent of DragonsGalakrond's Awakening

Basic
    Classic
    Goblins vs. Gnomes
    The Witchwood
    Saviors of Uldum
    Descent of Dragons
    Galakrond Awakening

Some of the more notable things:
    New Battlegrounds Heroes
    Galakrond
    Galakrond's Greed [Cost 1]: Replace a minion in Bob's Tavern with a minion from a higher Tavern Tier.

Deathwing
    ALL Will Burn! [Passive]: ALL minions have +3 Attack.

Ysera
    Dream Portal [Cost 1]: Refresh and add a Dragon to Bob's Tavern.

Nozdormu
    Clairvoyance [Passive]: Your first Refresh each turn costs (0).

Malygos
    Arcane Alteration [Cost 0]: Replace a minion with a random one of the same Tavern Tier.

Alexstrasza
    Queen of Dragons [Passive]: After you upgrade Bob's Tavern to Tavern Tier 5, Discover two Dragons.

Reno Jackson
    Gonna Be Rich! [Cost 4]: Make a friendly minion Golden (Once per game).
    Battlegrounds Balance Changes

George the Fallen
    Boon of Light Hero Power cost reduced from 4 to 3.

Sneed's Old Shredder
    Moved from Tier 6 to Tier 5.

Mama Bear
    Old: 4/4 Beast, Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +4/+4 - New: 5/5 Beast, Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +5/+5.

Tavern Tier 6
    Starting cost of Tavern Tier 6 has been reduced to 10 Gold (down from 11).

Dev Insight: Tavern Tier 6 has a lot of exciting minions and we'd like players to have more of an opportunity to reach it than they have. We're also trying to make Tavern Tier 6 more interesting by adding some of these powerful new minions.

Removed Heroes

Professor Putricide
    Dev Insight: We'd like to go back to the drawing board with Professor Putricide. We're going to disable him for now to make way for our new Heroes, but you'll likely see him return in the future with some changes.

Removed Minions

Shielded Minibot
    Annoy-o-Tron
    Mounted Raptor
    Phalanx Commander
    Psych-o-Tron
    Tortollan Shellraiser
    Piloted Sky Golem
    Festeroot Hulk
    Boogeymonster
    Sated Threshadon
    Dev Insight: We're removing some minions to help make room for the new minions. We also want to balance out the minion pool a bit. For example, there were way more Mechs in Battlegrounds than any other minion type. We're also removing some of the minions that aren't performing very well and ones that have generally been less exciting to play with.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I like everything about this patch. Although Mama bear was really powerful before. Maybe she didn't stack up with the new dragons coming.