As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Removing so many neutral minions definitely nerfs Tirion a bit. e.g. Boogeymonster was usually fine to take if you missed on the divine shield guy.

Reno Jackson hero looks v powerful for certain minions. Like Juggler or Rivendare/Brann.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Grobian wrote: »
    Removing so many neutral minions definitely nerfs Tirion a bit. e.g. Boogeymonster was usually fine to take if you missed on the divine shield guy.

Reno Jackson hero looks v powerful for certain minions. Like Juggler or Rivendare/Brann.

I don't think it really does affect him that much. You never really felt good about taking Boogeymonster. It was literally just a Pile Of Stats, there's better cards out there.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Dragons. Dragons? Dragons!!!!

Also those new heroes look dope as hell. I’m 1000000% stoked for this.

• Options
    Also the faster animations are a sweet QoL upgrade. This patch is all kinds of awesome.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    dragons are a fair bit more balanced than i thought they would be, based chakki

• Options
    edited February 2020
    MALYGOS IS REAAAAAL GOOD

Like holy shit, y'all. Holy shit. That dude's HP is nuuuuuts. Buy a Token minion on 1 and reroll the 1/1 and OH LOOK you got a 2/3 or a 2/4 for free. It's really good insofar as just like, rerolling a shitty high-tier minion into something better (especially at 5/6, my god) but it's also great for like, buying a buff minion and then rerolling it into something better. I ended up getting a Toxfin, applying the poisonous, and then rerolled it into a Hydra for a triple. Fuckin' NUUUUTS. But yeah the prime value I think comes from rerolling 5/6 minions in the Tavern, it helps you fish for stuff you want.

Also I had a pretty solid Menagerie build today using Brann. DID Y'ALL KNOW THAT TWILIGHT EMISSARY WITH BRANN IS FUCKIN' NUTS? That's +6/+6. That's fuckin.... that's real fuckin' good.

I found a Kalecgos today but I sorta, didn't quite realize at the time you literally just buy any random ol' Battlecry minions to proc him? Literally even if you can't use them, you just buy and cycle to give your board up to +3/+3 each turn.

I'm super excited, the BG meta has felt stale for a while and this is a nice shot in the arm. Everything feels so fresh!

Also I'm pretty proud of myself, I was running up against a Murloc player at 5, I had a STRONG FEELING he had gotten a Megasaur, so I nabbed an Unstable Ghoul. Surprise! I was right. Bye bye Divine Shields. ....I still lost because his stats were RIDICULOUS, but I feel pretty good about making that read. I like that we have anti-Divine Shield tech now.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Uh, menagerie is legit yo (about 8.1k here):

Hearthstone-Screenshot-02-26-20-17-40-58.png

It was absolute destruction once I got an early Foe Reaper. Nozdormu's ability may not seem flashy, but vastly increases consistency at every point in the game. It helped me fill my board with quality minion, get triples, then put together the final pieces.

Super satisfying.

• Options
    also am i wrong in thinking that you want to push to 5 like, super fast now? not at the expense of building out your board, but it does seem like a higher priority now? like not only is all the good shit there but there's even better shit at 6 now also.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I've played so many games of Battlegrounds since the update and I've only had one of the new heroes to select once in all those games (it was Ysera).

It's getting a tad frustrating.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    also am i wrong in thinking that you want to push to 5 like, super fast now? not at the expense of building out your board, but it does seem like a higher priority now? like not only is all the good shit there but there's even better shit at 6 now also.

Tier 6 is much better and the cost reduction matters a lot. I’m happy to see a faster endgame with more chances for maneuvering and power spikes.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’m surprised Nefarian isn’t higher ranked. It’s my second pick if Tyrion isn’t up.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Mmmmmmm. I got an 8th place and two 7th places today.

The fuck am I doing wrong? I swear if I don't go like, Demons to start I just can't get anywhere. Or like, I had two Cobalts and literally spent turn after turn rerolling for fuckin' Cobalt refreshers and magnetics and just nothing. And no one else was Mechs!!

Or like, I end up with a nice early Lightfang into five targets!! And I still lose!!

dD0atBp.png

Nuh. Fell all the way down to fucking 5.5k today.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Dragons are a trap right now. Everyone is picking them and yet there are a ton of them in the pool. Go for Demons and finish top 4 every time.

• Options
    I got first with beasts while everyone was fighting over dragons

Feels like Nozdormu is ridiculously strong, a free refresh every single turn is absolutely nutty

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    bluuuurgh wanted to play the update but HS keeps crashing on my tablet. Phone's too small and I am under no circumstances putting this game back on a computer

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I did end up with a successful Dragon transition today. I got a triple on 5, found a Nadina. Scoured a few good Dragons, got another Triple, found a Kalecgos. We're in business now, lads! Get a few pumps going....

Die to a Deathwing who has the exact same comp I do but WAYYYY BETTERRRRR

Oh well. 4th place is better than... 5th place..........

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Deathwing with Beasts is basically cheating. If you have the choice of Deathwing as a hero in Battlegrounds, pick the hero, get to tier two, and grab a few Rat Packs. Then just set cruise control while you tier up and win the game.

• Options
    Also, screenshotted this for comparison after a few months of these new dragon heros. I really appreciate the symmetry going on in my very clearly defined tier list by stats:

glocveiwccis.jpg

I have a feeling this will look very different in a few months since these new dragon heros are pretty good

• Options
    Btw there is a crashing and failing to reconnect bug I’m experiencing. Might want to hold off on playing until it’s fixed.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Seems to be broken on iPhone. After updating it says let’s go to the store to update.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I’m going to hop on tomorrow, hope it’s fixed by then.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Btw there is a crashing and failing to reconnect bug I’m experiencing. Might want to hold off on playing until it’s fixed.

I think I just got hit by that on my third game of the evening. First two games I wasn't offered any new heroes and placed fifth in both games. Third game I chose Alex and it crashed at the very start of the game. Blah :sad:

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Well, I did say if they ever put dragons in it would require creating a bunch of battleground specific cards to support them, since almost none of the normal ones make any sense for BGs.

And it looks like they've mitigated the dilution issue by axing a shitload of minions. Killing a lot of the lower tier divine shield minions is probably a subtle nerf to Deryl. He usually gets to top 4 by dancing up an army of mid sized divine shield minions.

forty on
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    Well, I did say if they ever put dragons in it would require creating a bunch of battleground specific cards to support them, since almost none of the normal ones make any sense for BGs.

And it looks like they've mitigated the dilution issue by axing a shitload of minions. Killing a lot of the lower tier divine shield minions is probably a subtle nerf to Deryl. He usually gets to top 4 by dancing up an army of mid sized divine shield minions.

I'm generally pretty happy with the ones they decided to remove, though. The majority of them were.... Not Good. It basically leads to a much more consistent minion pool, I think.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yes, everything they got rid of was just consolation minions you take because you need something to fill out your board or got lousy discover options. Deryl is going to be the only one sad to see any of them go.

• Options
    Did I read Dibby's quoted post correctly about this mage bundle? 5 packs for 10 bucks? WTF sort of shitty bundle is that?

• Options
    Did I read Dibby's quoted post correctly about this mage bundle? 5 packs for 10 bucks? WTF sort of shitty bundle is that?

fuck you give us money

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

fuck you give us money
    Nah

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    deathwing seems real busted

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Yeah that’s not even a great deal. Normally you get 7 packs for 10 bucks, having just mage cards limits the rng but it’s not like there is an increased chance of legendary.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Are they ever gonna make good on the promise to not let you battle the same opponent twice in 3 games in BGs?

4 people left: Me as Nefarian on mostly mechs, Deathwing on mostly mechs, Rafaam on full murlocs, Bartendotron on something.
    First game I play against Rafaam and lose but live with 2 hp, Deathwing kills Bartendotron.
    Next game I win against Deathwing but can't kill him. Rafaam gets a dead guy.
    Third game I face Rafaam again and place third.

How hard can that be to implement? I don't get it.

• Options

Mama. Bear.

Got one from a Shifter early and made it golden. Hoo boi.

Got a bit unlucky in the final game so finished 2nd, but I was having a rough time of it up until the mama bear shenanigans after which I went on a 7 win streak.

• Options
    Are they ever gonna make good on the promise to not let you battle the same opponent twice in 3 games in BGs?

4 people left: Me as Nefarian on mostly mechs, Deathwing on mostly mechs, Rafaam on full murlocs, Bartendotron on something.
    First game I play against Rafaam and lose but live with 2 hp, Deathwing kills Bartendotron.
    Next game I win against Deathwing but can't kill him. Rafaam gets a dead guy.
    Third game I face Rafaam again and place third.

How hard can that be to implement? I don't get it.
    It’s implemented, unfortunately when there are 2 or 3 People it ignores the patch.

• Options
    Iiiiiinteresting.

Malygos hero powering an Annoy-o-module into a drakonid enforcer counted as a minion losing a divine shield, so the drakonid enforcer got an instant buff for a divine shield being lost.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    deathwing seems real busted

Deathwing is good, but mostly because it throws off certain builds. like +3 attack to an already high attack minion isn't a change, but those high attack minions with low health suddenly are in danger from low tier cards.

I think Reno is going to be less amazing then it seems. one use per game is a good balance for it, maybe making it even overcosted.

The new 6* Demon that summons a random demon with taunt is super good in any build.

The card that gives all your dragons Divine shield is great.

the DS + reborn dragon is nice, especially with taunt applied.

1star 2/3 taunt dragon feels a bit op as a starting pick compared to some of the other 1star starting options.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I’ve been steadily climbing by forcing dragons

Early golden waxrider tends to get me there

No other comp requires you to go so all-in aside from murlocs which is fitting given the greedy nature of dragons

Beasteh on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Got a 1st with 2 Hungry Dragons from the choose two 3rd level minions.

ovdwmp9xq29l.jpg

Also had fun with this. I conceded eventually because it took forever to play the game and then I would only hit him for 2-3 at a time (Staying Level 2 because why not).

5uweemgdt71x.jpg

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    This update sucks because there's too many four drops now so it's even harder to find menagerie magicians.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    4 drops are the third smallest category behind 6 and 1.
    2,3,5 have the same amount of minions.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    4 drops are the third smallest category behind 6 and 1.
    2,3,5 have the same amount of minions.

Then where are my magicians, Doe? They're certainly not in my tavern!!!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg