As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Don't they use the unnerfed versions? Iirc Equality is still 2 mana there.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/fpjwm5/boomsday_quests_requiring_power_word_shield_to/

• Options
    The great thing about Highlander decks is that even though you only have a bunch of 1-ofs, you are 100% guaranteed to have all the best ones in the top half of your deck. Zephrys, Zilliax, Alexstrasza, etc. All will be in your hand on curve or in time to save you from certain death.*

*100% Guarantee only valid when matched up against me.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Daily quest win games as demon hunter. Check decks to unlock demon hunter play solo mode
    Solo mode demon hunter has a block click on it and
    Coming soon.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I think Blizzard needs to move the "Beta" tag from Battlegrounds back to the normal game.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    EUY26JLWsAEbZyu.jpg
    EUY26I_XQAI95nM.png

easiest fucking win of my life

divine shield comps are stupid stupid strong. everything had div shield except the 3/6 ofc

didn't even get any mackerels either. top 3 was me at ~20 health, flurgl at 2 health and rafaam also in lethal range. bopped flurgl and i guess rafaam lost to a ghost!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Finally made the push to dad legend this month, using Mech Paladin (I just dumped in another BoK in place of Leeroy). I wasn't making any real forward progress over the weekend, with half my matches being counters or people having perfect answers or ridiculous RNG (Res Priests, Highlanders, etc.). Then today I managed to go like 6-1 or so and streaked my way to glory.

Dr. Boom is back and still annoying as hell. Just one more week of his nonsense.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Nope, fuck this patch. They nerfed Daily Quests.

@forty was right, y'all

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/fr5dp2/have_the_daily_quests_changed/flz4ix9/
    Hey all. We've seen a bit of discussion about daily quest rerolls, and I wanted to give you an update on what the difference you're seeing is.

Daily quests fall into one of two buckets. "Easy" ones are generally completable through most normal gameplay, like play 30 cards, and award 50g. "Difficult" ones ask you to do something directed, like play 20 Murlocs, but reward 60g.

A while back, we added safeguarding such that if you rerolled a Difficult quest, you'd always get an Easy quest (so when you don't want to do a difficult daily, you can reroll and guaranteed get an easier one). No such guarantee existed for rerolling Easy quests; when you have an easy one and reroll, we guess that you just want something different, so give you a different one out of the entire pool.

However, when we added all the different combinations of "play games on these 3 classes", that massively increased the total number of Difficult quests, which made "a random quest from the whole pool" skew heavily toward Difficult, which was unintended. In 17.0, we tweaked that to give you a 50/50 chance of getting Easy or Difficult, when you reroll an Easy, so that it's not so heavily skewed.

(Note, there are still a couple rare higher-value quests in each bucket, like challenging a friend. That hasn't changed.)

looks like he wasn't crazy after all

this time.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I told you motherfuckers. And it was an intentional nerf. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Also, this quest I got today isn't as easy as it used to be.

rcwj7opdn2pz.jpg

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    The great thing about Highlander decks is that even though you only have a bunch of 1-ofs, you are 100% guaranteed to have all the best ones in the top half of your deck. Zephrys, Zilliax, Alexstrasza, etc. All will be in your hand on curve or in time to save you from certain death.*

*100% Guarantee only valid when matched up against me.

My dumbest Arena run ever was earlier this week, an almost-highlander deck with 28 unique cards and two copies of... Dragonqueen Alexstraza

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    No, forty wasn't right!
    Marty81 wrote: »

How so?
    50g Quests are now more common, and rerolling a 50g quest doesn't guarantee a 60+ one. So far it seems that it's essentially back to how it was before November.
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I don't think rerolling a 50g quest ever guaranteed a 60+ one?

Rerolling a 50g quest never guaranteed a 60g+ one!
    No such guarantee existed for rerolling Easy quests; when you have an easy one and reroll, we guess that you just want something different, so give you a different one out of the entire pool.

However, when we added all the different combinations of "play games on these 3 classes", that massively increased the total number of Difficult quests, which made "a random quest from the whole pool" skew heavily toward Difficult, which was unintended. In 17.0, we tweaked that to give you a 50/50 chance of getting Easy or Difficult, when you reroll an Easy, so that it's not so heavily skewed.

50g quest + reroll skewed to 60g+, but was not guaranteed.

Forty was wrong; all is right in the world again. :D

• Options
    No, forty wasn't right!
    Marty81 wrote: »

How so?
    50g Quests are now more common, and rerolling a 50g quest doesn't guarantee a 60+ one. So far it seems that it's essentially back to how it was before November.
    I don't think rerolling a 50g quest ever guaranteed a 60+ one?

Rerolling a 50g quest never guaranteed a 60g+ one!
    No such guarantee existed for rerolling Easy quests; when you have an easy one and reroll, we guess that you just want something different, so give you a different one out of the entire pool.

50g quest + reroll skewed to 60g+, but was not guaranteed.

Forty was wrong; all is right in the world again. :D
    Prove it. :)

100% of the time I rerolled a 50g Quest since November, I got a 60g or better as a result. As far as I'm concerned, that's a guarantee.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Forty's Guarantee: 70% of the time, it works every time!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think the more important part is that you started with a 60g+ quest. So you'd only need to reroll a 50 if you felt like gambling in the first place.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Man... warlock is going to be a terrible class to play after the expac drops, isn't it?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i expect some variant of hyper aggro face hunter to snack upon all the new experimental decks and make the fledgling spell mage go extinct almost immediately

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I imagine there will be lots of super aggressive DHs as well.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Man... warlock is going to be a terrible class to play after the expac drops, isn't it?

Galakrond Warlock shouldn't be losing too much, no? And you run Sac Pact anyway in a DEMON FOCUSED EXPAC

I think they'll be fiiiiiine.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Galakrond's demon pool is getting waaaaay shittier with all the low cost demons being added.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i expect some variant of hyper aggro face hunter to snack upon all the new experimental decks and make the fledgling spell mage go extinct almost immediately

That's what happens in Magic; a new set drops, everyone brews kooky stuff with the new cards, and RDW eats them for lunch with maybe one new card in the sideboard.

• Options
    myHrTIh.png

https://hsreplay.net/replay/7LHkc95H5MPmvNKTkgGWNM

This game made me never want to play Standard ever fucking again. Or, Priest, anyway.

I ended up with three Elysianas. THREE.

these mirrors are atrocious

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    But didn't you just beat the best Hearthstone player in the world?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I feel like Spells only Mage is a perfect theme for the class, but it doesn’t have enough support to work. Hunter could mix in weapons and alt heroes to round out the spells. Mage needs something similar. Some non-legendary magic staffs or wands that support non-minion decks (like Atiesh).

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    EUdmJ-6WAAAo8C8.jpg
    EUdmJ-6XYAcavHV.png

*whispers* divine shield compssssssss

They're REALLY fucking good. The final match was this crazy back and forth between me and Yogg, he was full Beasts with Goldrinn and Rivendare, two Cleaves, a Maexxna, two Ironhides. Depending on how the RNG went, I'd either win, lose, or tie. I was hunting HARD for a Zapp but never found it. What I did find was a Kalecgos that I used to pump my board for a bit and get better stats. Later found a Nadina and pitched the Kalecgos when I found 2nd Mackerel.

Nadina's back there cause he had cleaves, so they'd Cleave off the Rover onto Nadina.

ez first

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    this final week before the expansion drops is agonizing

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    sometimes, Alex just needs to murloc.

m7rgjd02mvwo.jpg

• Options

I'm pretty much just living in Battlegrounds at this point, only doing Standard for dailies, really.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Since they are changing the standard ladder I’ve just been doing battlegrounds and casual, and my casual deck is quest shaman for kicks.

It’s only really great against quest priest. Just destroys them...and that’s it.

zepherin on
  • Options
    I am very sad that I will lose all my perks unless I throw away an adventures worth of gold for something I was getting for buying packs.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »

I'm pretty much just living in Battlegrounds at this point, only doing Standard for dailies, really.

Did you know that 'win 5 games in any mode' now counts practice mode Vs the innkeeper

And he has a demon hunter deck

And he is really bad

• Options
    edited April 2020
    You've always been able to do the "Win 5 Games in any Mode" (originally 7) in literally any mode. Innkeeper, solo adventures, etc. Same with the "Watch and Learn" spectate quest.

I didn't know the Innkeeper already had a DH deck, though, so that's cool.

Edit: Although I think those quests might require actual first place finishes to give credit in BGs. I know I've watched a friend finish top 4 before, which I thought counted as a win for the 10g/3 wins progression, but apparently it didn't for spectating.

forty on
  • Options

@forty was right, y'all

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/fr5dp2/have_the_daily_quests_changed/flz4ix9/
    Oh man I looked at the replies to that post and almost every reply is saying the change is stupid.
    Difficult quest: AFK 3 games with specified classes, reward 60G. Easy quest: Don't play 2 games until tomorrow, reward 10G.

Also they downvoted the Blue's posts to hell, lol.

• Options

@forty was right, y'all

Oh man I looked at the replies to that post and almost every reply is saying the change is stupid.
    Difficult quest: AFK 3 games with specified classes, reward 60G. Easy quest: Don't play 2 games until tomorrow, reward 10G.

Also they downvoted the Blue's posts to hell, lol.

I'm honestly not sure why 50g quests even exist anymore

Literally just bump the baseline to 60g, would it fucking kill them to do that

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    "Make all quests pay the same!"

(Finger on Blizzard's monkey paw curls)

Patch Notes: All quests now reward 50g.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Anyone else looking at their swole-ass sack of dust at this point and wondering when the cops are going to kick in the door?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    Thijs just Yogg boxed my board away and healed himself out of lethal range on stream :-(

https://hsreplay.net/replay/qyezFDm7DDJshu5dT6UfXe

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Coldrazor wrote: »
    Thijs just Yogg boxed my board away and healed himself out of lethal range on stream :-(

https://hsreplay.net/replay/qyezFDm7DDJshu5dT6UfXe

One of these days, someone in this thread is going to beat Thijs in vengeance for us who have lost to him on stream.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I've got Sjow and Strifecro but no Thijs.
    ZCdWTcc.png
    sobFSPh.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    "Make all quests pay the same!"

(Finger on Blizzard's monkey paw curls)

Patch Notes: All quests now reward 50g.

They might as well. I haven’t gotten a 60 other than the demon hunter quest.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ive beaten every single big streamer in high legend at some point or other

rdu is my most faced, guy plays a lot