As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So duplicate protection for common rare and epics.
    Nice

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    So duplicate protection for common rare and epics.
    Nice
    It's going to be a big help for getting the new Classic cards faster. Got two new rares from my banked Brawl packs.

I just counted and it looks like I'm missing about 18 Classic epics. So I should be able to have all those in about 2 years! :rotate: And at the rate they're adding new Classic legendaries, I should have the full collection sometime after Hearthstone is shut down.

• Options
    I wonder if I’m going to be able to get nimsy.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    wtf Illidan's HP in Battlegrounds is fucking insane

it doesn't count as a regular attack so it basically gives Illidan's first minion windfury. if he goes first he gets three attacks.

that's so fucked

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    uhDhuTx.png

Was going on some HUGE losing streaks lately and just getting my MMR utterly demolished. Told myself to slow things down and really think through each turn and think about what I'm doing. Two 1st places and a 2nd place later....

So anyway Triple Rivendare Beasts is some fucking shit my dudes. I fucked up the positioning, should've had non-Golden Goldrinn first (Golden was taunted, but I was being wary of Cleaves so I settled on that positioning instead, I think it was the safer bet). It worked out, it was just funny because non-Golden Goldrinn literally did not die. He was too fucking swole to die. That set of buffs never went off. I even got offered a Mama Bear but passed it up because it didn't matter at that point (Rivendare+Goldrinn is the stronger setup anyway, imo).

I actually ended up buying two Shifter Zeruses because I was pretty behind and I needed a Hail Mary to get back in the game. My board was okay but not great. But I realized I didn't have a build at all or anything and I was behind on Tavern upgrades simply because my board wasn't in a good spot. Zerus can highroll, so I grabbed two. Goldrinn/Direhorn two turns later and I fucking slammed them because that's a build. Found Hydras, bought some Highmanes just for buff targets. Took a long-ass time to find that first Rivendare but then I just started fucking dunking.

I think if you were to ask me some time ago I would have said "Triple Brann/Rivendare aren't worth it because they're win-more and take too long to get online" but now I am of the opposite opinion. They are DEFINITELY 100% worth it. Triple Brann/Rivendare are the difference between Top 3 and 1st Place, honestly. I wouldn't have gotten 1st place without the Triple Rivendare.

I'm still adjusting to the new meta a bit. Things feel a little fucky because of all the highroll Heroes in the game right now. Millhouse, Pyramad, etc. If Pyramad gets a Vulgar Homunculus into Hero Power into Nathrezim it's fucking over, for example. He just wins the early game forever at that point. Millhouse steamrolls because he can end up with a full board much sooner than anyone else. And honestly sometimes I just get fucking steamed by them and there's not much I can do. Or I just get shitty rolls, or I don't find any board buffs or a Spawn of N'Zoth (which, honestly, feels kind of essential). Shitty starts that lead to massive health losses. Dunno. It's hard. Still adjusting. Valuing Zerus a lot more these days simply because of his own highroll potential.

(oh, and I had Nozdormu's HP that game, if anyone was curious~)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    wtf Illidan's HP in Battlegrounds is fucking insane

it doesn't count as a regular attack so it basically gives Illidan's first minion windfury. if he goes first he gets three attacks.

that's so fucked

I actually lost a game because I didn't anticipate Zapp getting to attack four times and that was, uh, suboptimal.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is today the day I finally line up the legendary shaman weapon with a spell?

No today is the day I learn Harrison jones has been added to the classic set. Haven’t seen that card in years.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Big personal milestone for me last night: got my final Golden Hero Portrait (Shaman). That's all 9 - and just in time for Demon Hunter next week! I miss the days of leveling up, so I'm really pumped to have something like that to tackle. And I'm pumped to start experimenting with different classes again (working towards 1,000 wins?!), because I have largely started ignoring each class as I've hit 500 with it. I like having a constant sense of progression in my Hearthstone.

Had taken a little time away over the past few months, but I'm ready to jump back in with this new expansion. Stayed up until 2:30 am grinding up to Wild Rank 4 with Even Shaman and reading theorycrafting threads on /r/competitiveHS.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh yeah, adding onto the whole "adjusting to the new meta" thing,

I've learned that Alleycat really doesn't cut it anymore. Alleycat can end up meaning losing for 3 turns in a row, sometimes. Yes it's a token minion, yes it smooths out your 5 gold turn, but it has horrendous stats and loses to 2/3s, 2/4s, Red Whelp, and becomes a serious detriment as you progress through early game into midgame. I'd rather take Vulgar Homunculus over Alleycat. I'd rather have a worse 5 gold turn if it means having better stats.

Tidehunter remains a good pick though because it can beat 2/3s. That 1 extra attack matters a hell of a lot. Alleycat is officially on my Do Not Pick list now unless there's nothing better.

Meta seems so fast and aggressive now, hm. Still adjusting. Early and mid game are giving me a lot more trouble than before.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I was watching Kibler's card review last night. Is the Demon Hunter's class identity "Be Good At Everything"? Because it sure looks like it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    No today is the day I learn Harrison jones has been added to the classic set.
    ????

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Oh my mistake, I thought he was from League of Explorers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I was watching Kibler's card review last night. Is the Demon Hunter's class identity "Be Good At Everything"? Because it sure looks like it.

As far as I can tell from Firebat's stream and youtube, yes.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I was watching Kibler's card review last night. Is the Demon Hunter's class identity "Be broken to sell packs"? Because it sure looks like it.

ftfy

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Oh my mistake, I thought he was from League of Explorers.

Nah, they couldn't release two blatant Indiana Jones ripoffs at the same time.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    demon hunter is being absurdly pushed

the entire meta is going to be demon hunter mirrors because nothing i've seen has been able to counter it thus far

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

the entire meta is going to be demon hunter mirrors because nothing i've seen has been able to counter it thus far
    Honestly rogue seams like it is going to be the big counter for demon hunter. Rogue has some dope cards coming down the pipeline.

• Options
    amusingly, a few of the old boomsday solo lab puzzles are now 100% unwinnable because they rely on power word: shield drawing a card

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    amusingly, a few of the old boomsday solo lab puzzles are now 100% unwinnable because they rely on power word: shield drawing a card

They didn't replace it with a card that does the same thing as the old one? That's what they had on some of the other puzzles.

Bit of an oversight there...

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Nope, fuck this patch. They nerfed Daily Quests.

• Options

How does one counter Antaen

Load up your board and it gets cleared. Otherwise, enjoy a Pyroblast to the face!!

Also let's give them literal Pyroblast anyway that can also be slapped onto a Lifesteal weapon.

I'm anticipating a lot of DH nerfs. Hold onto that Dust All button.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

As far as I can tell from Firebat's stream and youtube, yes.

Welp. I’m going to be playing again, at least casually, so hopefully they remain aggressive about nerfs?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    2P7ANUe.png?1

illidan is silly

sillidan

• Options
    At the moment, Illidan's win rate is pretty low. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions from it quite yet, since he's brand new and probably still being figured out, but so far he's not crushing it.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

How so?

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

How so?
    50g Quests are now more common, and rerolling a 50g quest doesn't guarantee a 60+ one. So far it seems that it's essentially back to how it was before November.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I don't think rerolling a 50g quest ever guaranteed a 60+ one?

• Options
    Before the patch l got either a 60 classic pack or the spectate class. Last few days have all been 50 quests.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I don't think rerolling a 50g quest ever guaranteed a 60+ one?
    It did since the Novemberish Quest change. I think I was forced to complete a 50g quest maybe one time since then. The two years before that? It happened all the time. As of this morning I'm now staring at the first 60/50/50 I've seen since 2019.

And Dover, take your agree off that post! You quit playing before they made the good times roll. :P

forty on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Why would rerolling every guarantee a higher quest? If it did, people would be min/maxing like crazy. Sounds like @38thDoe was just getting lucky on the quests (except the Classic packs :biggrin: )

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    No I read patch notes that everyone was assigned at least a 60g quest and if you threw it back they’d give you an easier 50g one. Refilling the 50 did not guarantee 60+ but at least you had one to start with.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2020
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Why would rerolling every guarantee a higher quest? If it did, people would be min/maxing like crazy. Sounds like @38thDoe was just getting lucky on the quests (except the Classic packs :biggrin: )
    Why? Who knows? Maybe it was a bug. But that's how it worked.

I was min/maxing like crazy. Did you not see my posts? I had 4 months of doing nothing but 60g+ quests. The gravy train arrived right after you left.

A week of good quests is lucky. 4 months of perfect quests is due to software (and having that change immediately after a major patch is just more evidence).

forty on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Why? Who knows? Maybe it was a bug. But that's how it worked.

I was min/maxing like crazy. Did you not see my posts? I had 4 months of doing nothing but 60g+ quests. The gravy train arrived right after you left.

A week of good quests is lucky. 4 months of perfect quests is due to software (and having that change immediately after a major patch is just more evidence).

Well you’re welcome.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Now I need another quest min/maxer to quit so Blizzard will buff the quests again.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Even when I played I never min/maxed quests :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I reroll quests that are too obnoxious to do, 60g be damned.

NEVER 80/100/Classic Pack quests though.

DOVER.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    After the November changes, none of the quests are too obnoxious to me. They made everything so much easier to complete.

• Options
    After the November changes, none of the quests are too obnoxious to me. They made everything so much easier to complete.

playing two 10 cost cards is pretty obnoxious

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

they just gave you kael'thas

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

they just gave you kael'thas

that would mean a) needing to run a 10 cost card in my deck b) needing to run kael'thas in my deck

both of those seem like losing plays to me hmmmmmmmm

DNiDlnb.png