As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    It happened in the D1 base game, and maybe once or twice in Taken King? But after that they were silent until Forsaken.
    I don't recall them being voiced at all in TTK.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They had a handful of lines in the base game, but nothing of any actual value

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah the stuff in Forsaken is the most "emotion" or effort out of any of the lines in the series, and even then :rotate:

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tarkov Update: lots of deaths but I am making slow progress. Upgraded some of the hideout and have been making runs at the Interchange, a map with a huge shopping mall in the center, with the hope of finding a gas analyzer for a quest.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Didn't really occur to me before, but Kelly Chambers absolutely dies when the reapers take control of the citadel at the end of ME3, right?
    Either she's dead, or she's in some kind of holding cell waiting to be turned into a husk, just like everyone else trapped in the Citadel.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Didn't really occur to me before, but Kelly Chambers absolutely dies when the reapers take control of the citadel at the end of ME3, right?
    Either she's dead, or she's in some kind of holding cell waiting to be turned into a husk, just like everyone else trapped in the Citadel.

Yeah it's a bit eerie every time you run around the citadel during the game, thinking like "yeah almost everyone I see and talk to is going to die really damn soon"

• Options
    You could always let her get killed by Cerberus instead. Or let her be turned into a slushie for the Collectors in Mass Effect 2.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    You could always let her get killed by Cerberus instead. Or let her be turned into a slushie for the Collectors in Mass Effect 2.

But if you let her get slushed she doesn't give you back your fish

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Hence the strikeout, because that is never an option. Unless you're a monster, I guess.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Phantom Doctrine question:

What should I do about a mole? An agent that got shot and left behind on an op came back a few weeks later, and sure enough his new secret perk was discovered to be Beholder related. My first instinct was to dismiss him, but the game specifically warns against doing that. I don't see a way to off him myself, and while I could assuredly get him shot on another mission, that's kind of how I got into this mess in the first place, and I'm not sure it'll take.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Not being able to whack a mole seems like a missed opportunity.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Also: all the people from various side quests you told to go to the citadel because it was safe there.

You find out about this in a conversation after the fact.

To this day I still don't really care about the other ending complaints but this was the thing that made me angry.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Straightzi wrote: »

What should I do about a mole? An agent that got shot and left behind on an op came back a few weeks later, and sure enough his new secret perk was discovered to be Beholder related. My first instinct was to dismiss him, but the game specifically warns against doing that. I don't see a way to off him myself, and while I could assuredly get him shot on another mission, that's kind of how I got into this mess in the first place, and I'm not sure it'll take.

If you dismiss him, there's a chance he'll come back as an enemy agent, and then you can get rid of him cleanly, without pulling any metagame shenanigans.

Alternately, some new options will begin revealing themselves after you build

(possible vague spoiler for base facilities)
    the MKULTRA facility.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

Also: all the people from various side quests you told to go to the citadel because it was safe there.

You find out about this in a conversation after the fact.

To this day I still don't really care about the other ending complaints but this was the thing that made me angry.

I do have other issues with the ending but yeah the game just kind of force-feeds you a bunch of gross nihilism for what feel like incredibly flimsy and capricious reasons

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Had my first full-team wipe in XCOM2 last night and decided to reload a save because I thought it was particularly cheap.

On the first Advent Blacksite mission I'd made it up to barging inside the facility after carefully taking out the turrets and the guards outside. My squad was either reloading or had run out of actions sprinting from their previous positions when something triggered the Viper King that I didn't get a chance to kill on a previous mission because it has a ridiculous amount of HP

It turned up, froze everyone in one shot and then proceeded to wipe them out one by one as I couldn't do anything at all. I'd sent my A-team as well because this was a critical mission!

I have no idea if this is a DLC event I've triggered as it's my first time through

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

I've never encountered Kelly in ME3. Where is she?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

She's on the Citadel, if she's alive.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

She's on the Citadel, if she's alive.
    She's where all the people trying to get into the Citadel are, around where Vega is playing poker. The only time you can run into her (initially) is before the Coup.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hmm. Maybe she's never shown up for me because I don't bother talking to her at all in ME2. I found her annoying.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hB0o2sX.jpg

TEXT:
    On November 19, the day Stadia launches for the public, here’s what you can play:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
    Destiny 2: The Collection
    GYLT
    Just Dance 2020
    Kine
    Mortal Kombat 11
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Samurai Shodown
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
    Thumper
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
    Yes, you read that right—three of Stadia’s 12 launch games are Tomb Raider re-releases. The only exclusive here is GYLT, a creepy adventure game from Tequila Works, the developers of Rime and The Sexy Brutale. One of the games, Thumper, is a music rhythm game that demands absolute precision from players, and two others— Mortal Kombat 11, Samurai Showdown—are fighting games, where the presence of input lag would be a killer.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbmd3v/googles-launch-lineup-for-stadia-is-pretty-depressing

another dozen games or so will launch by the end of the year, but nothing particularly groundbreaking:

Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
    Borderlands 3
    Darksiders Genesis
    Dragonball Xenoverse 2
    Farming Simulator 19
    Final Fantasy XV
    Football Manager 2020
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint
    GRID
    Metro Exodus
    NBA 2K20
    Rage 2
    Trials Rising
    Wolfenstein Youngblood

• Options
    yDASWcl.jpg
    text:
    If you have $1,499.99 to drop on a large format gaming display (not to be confused with big format gaming display, or BFGD) and simply can't wait for the rash of Black Friday deals that are right around the corner, then heads up—Acer's big and bad Predator CG7 is now available in the US.

Pricing is a couple of hundred dollars higher than what were told when it was first announced in April. However, at least it's not short on features. For one, this is a 43-inch monitor with 4K resolution and native 120Hz refresh rate, which can be overclocked to 144Hz.

It's also built around a VA (vertical alignment) panel. In terms of quality, VA screens typically slot in between TN (twisted nematic) and IPS (in-plane switching) displays, offering color reproduction almost on the level of the latter with the speed of the former. Some people (and it varies by panel) even rate VA higher than IPS.

https://www.pcgamer.com/acers-big-and-fast-43-inch-gaming-monitor-lands-in-the-us-for-dollar1499/

HDR/4k/120Hz/ >30" actually ticks off most of what I would want from a monitor, but that size is actually too big for my desk setup

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

If you dismiss him, there's a chance he'll come back as an enemy agent, and then you can get rid of him cleanly, without pulling any metagame shenanigans.

Alternately, some new options will begin revealing themselves after you build

(possible vague spoiler for base facilities)
    the MKULTRA facility.

Okay yeah I've been wanting to build that for a while, I just haven't had the cash.

Story spoilers through uhh Chapter 3?
    I was low on cash when I went into the mission where Cyclone flips on you, which meant I didn't have the resources to immediately relocate when my danger went maximum. I had just gotten there when I got hit by a Beholder raid, wiping out my whole savings and forcing me into a not great new location. So I've essentially spent the last bit of the game trying to continually raise $2500. Plus the cost of all of the compromised agents, from both the mission Cyclone botched and the Beholder raid.

• Options
    Kelly and Thane are typically my romances in ME2. I think she only shows up on the citadel in ME3 if you talked to her enough to have supper in your cabin (after which she offers to take care of your fish)

• Options

Nov 12 - Superliminal (Epic Game Store, Puzzle, Trippy, First-Person)

Nov 12 - The Legend of Bum-Bo (Deck Builder, Binding of Isaac, Humor, Gross)

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Saw a preview stream of The Legend of Bum-Bo and it's actually a very clever game. It's one of those dungeon puzzlers where you build mana colors by aligning tiles for each mana, and execute abilities and attacks from your mana pool. And of course in usual Isaac gross-out fashion, the mana colors are represented by waste matter - White/bone, brown/poop, gray/teeth, yellow/urine, etc.

I spend 5 piss mana for a special attack!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    yDASWcl.jpg
    text:
    If you have $1,499.99 to drop on a large format gaming display (not to be confused with big format gaming display, or BFGD) and simply can't wait for the rash of Black Friday deals that are right around the corner, then heads up—Acer's big and bad Predator CG7 is now available in the US.

Pricing is a couple of hundred dollars higher than what were told when it was first announced in April. However, at least it's not short on features. For one, this is a 43-inch monitor with 4K resolution and native 120Hz refresh rate, which can be overclocked to 144Hz.

It's also built around a VA (vertical alignment) panel. In terms of quality, VA screens typically slot in between TN (twisted nematic) and IPS (in-plane switching) displays, offering color reproduction almost on the level of the latter with the speed of the former. Some people (and it varies by panel) even rate VA higher than IPS.

https://www.pcgamer.com/acers-big-and-fast-43-inch-gaming-monitor-lands-in-the-us-for-dollar1499/

HDR/4k/120Hz/ >30" actually ticks off most of what I would want from a monitor, but that size is actually too big for my desk setup

At what size point does it stop being a monitor and just become a television?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I wish that guy made games I could look at, because they're always good, I just can't

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    text:

At what size point does it stop being a monitor and just become a television?

yeah that thing is the same size as my TV

with this generation of OLED tvs, the main difference has been refresh rates and size, but we're quickly converging on a point where you have panels that can do both

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I spend 5 piss mana for a special attack!
    Now Urine Trouble!

• Options
    Finished Andromeda. Not completely of course because I'm not insane. I am really glad I never have to venture through another remnant vault again.

I enjoyed it, even though there was lots of it I thought was bad. It really rides on the character stuff, dialogue and all your squad interactions. Made me laugh a lot. Combat was fun, not sure whether I could go back to the old ME fights, I'm so into the mobility of dashing and jumpjetting around.

Tentatively hopeful for another Mass Effect game, but not holding my breath.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    How is Borderlands 3 showing up on Stadia by the end of the year? It signed on for six months exclusivity with Epic Game Store, no?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    How is Borderlands 3 showing up on Stadia by the end of the year? It signed on for six months exclusivity with Epic Game Store, no?

I wonder if "exclusivity" just meant "not steam"

Since Stadia isn't 100% a PC platform. really

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    A lot of stuff on Epic goes up on Windows, too. "Exclusivity to Epic" really does seem to mean "fuck Valve in particular."

• Options
    Finished Andromeda. Not completely of course because I'm not insane. I am really glad I never have to venture through another remnant vault again.

I enjoyed it, even though there was lots of it I thought was bad. It really rides on the character stuff, dialogue and all your squad interactions. Made me laugh a lot. Combat was fun, not sure whether I could go back to the old ME fights, I'm so into the mobility of dashing and jumpjetting around.

I feel like one year of delay for polish, under a really good director and leadership team, could have really turned around ME:A and like... made EA and Bioware a whole bunch more money.

It's just so baffling that they killed a star franchise for such a short-sighted reason.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well they had to move all the experienced devs onto Anthem, that's the real money maker.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options

I feel like one year of delay for polish, under a really good director and leadership team, could have really turned around ME:A and like... made EA and Bioware a whole bunch more money.

It's just so baffling that they killed a star franchise for such a short-sighted reason.

That's late-stage capitalism, though. Gotta please the shareholders every quarter. Short-term gains uber alles, because shareholders are panicky idiots who don't understand the concept of a long-term investment for higher returns.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think it would have been neat for the aliens of another galaxy to be weird lookin instead of a bunch of green goblins and penisy dog men

This discussion has been closed.