As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tarkov Update:

I’ve shot five npc scavs which is required for one of the first quests. Just need to find one type of shotgun to turn in to finish it.

I’ve filled my entire stash with junk so I’m already at peak inventory Tetris which is legit one of the reasons I got this game.

Also I’ve killed my first player pmc! In the process though both of my legs were blacked out, which means they are too far gone to heal and since I didn’t have painkillers I couldn’t run anymore. I tried to slowly stumble to an exfil but eventually just welcomed death from some unseen assailant due to how long it was taking.

Lesson: Always carry painkillers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    @timspork's ghost if you want to see how to play well, check out Grimmmz.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    @timspork's ghost if you want to see how to play well, check out Grimmmz.

I’ve been watched the Pestily dude but most streamers are so far above my skill level that it is less useful and more just awe of their ability. He does have a bunch of new player videos that are a helpful.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Yeah, Tarkov has a stupidly steep learning curve.

• Options
    Yeah, Tarkov has a stupidly steep learning curve.

Yeah. It’s kinda fun learning though?

• Options
    Planet Zoo would be fun if it wasn't so buggy. Crashed after making my avatar, numerous mouse issues, bunch of the animals have bugged behavior (which was noted in beta but still not fixed).

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I still gotta play Undertale

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

For what it's worth, I got much further on Undertale for Switch than I did on Undertale for PC. I don't like playing those kinds of games with KBAM.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have it for Switch! I’m just... extremely bad at playing games!

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    And then you need to opine for hours on who is cuter: Mettaton or Mettaton
    Nvhvi9e_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Nov 6 - A Year of Rain EA (RTS, Co-op, Competitive, PvP)

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I have a hard time recommending Undertale because it's a cool experience with very good writing but the gameplay is the most boring shit on planet earth.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I finally unlocked the ability to scan for coal in satisfactory, so once I get some coal lines running back to my base I think its gonna be time to tear down my motley base and begin building my glorious factory

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Are you building a perfectly sensible and usable factory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGCAwwNyfc

You could probably take some inspiration from a perfectly sensible player

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I swear with the crazy ideas these guys come up with they should be making their own games.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    I think half my problem with the Mordor games is that they would be much better if the protagonist and player character were themselves a goofy orc.

oh definitely

like man you get maybe 20% of the way through that game and it starts presenting you with "okay well you mentally enslaved this orc and now make him assassinate this other orc"

which is

well it's kinda fucked up, but also it would have been much more interesting if you actually got to do some of that orc challenge stuff yourself, instead of just... watching it happen on the nemesis screen

i mean, you can easily imagine a different mordor game where you're an orc that's bent on challenging sauron's power and trying to overthrow him, and everything is much more interesting and the plot works much better.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Are you building a perfectly sensible and usable factory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGCAwwNyfc

You could probably take some inspiration from a perfectly sensible player

but can it play Standstorm by Darude

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I think half my problem with the Mordor games is that they would be much better if the protagonist and player character were themselves a goofy orc.

oh definitely

like man you get maybe 20% of the way through that game and it starts presenting you with "okay well you mentally enslaved this orc and now make him assassinate this other orc"

which is

well it's kinda fucked up, but also it would have been much more interesting if you actually got to do some of that orc challenge stuff yourself, instead of just... watching it happen on the nemesis screen

i mean, you can easily imagine a different mordor game where you're an orc that's bent on challenging sauron's power and trying to overthrow him, and everything is much more interesting and the plot works much better.

You can even keep Celebrimbopadoodle, play up a little bit more tension in an “I don’t want to help an orc, but you’re the best chance at stopping this evil.”

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-november-roadmap/
    After 13 months of full-time support and content for HITMAN 2 – at no additional cost (besides what we added through the Expansion Pass), we’re now at a place where we are looking increasingly to the future. In real terms, we’re moving more and more of the HITMAN 2 team to join the next Hitman game, which is well underway.

This means that we’re expecting the November Update to bring the final major patch and set of Release Notes for HITMAN 2, whilst December will round out the year with the remaining new content drops for the game, including Escalations and an Elusive Target – as well as the permanent return of some Seasonal Content.

Our 2020 plans for HITMAN 2 live content will focus on continuing to add Featured Contracts as well as introduce Community-curated Contracts into the game. On top of that, we are also planning a re-activation of HITMAN 2 Elusive Targets, giving players another chance to earn any attached rewards and experience the Elusive Target missions that you might have missed the first time around.

There's also a ton of stuff coming to Hitman 2 in November, a bunch of escalations, challenge packs, and a legacy elusive target. Plus some new unlockable tools and suits.

• Options
    I should really finish the main hitman 2 thing

I ran into the bug on the suburban map that caused a crash to desktop, could never get past it...

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    One of those suits is a Pirate outfit complete with eyepatch and I must have it

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    After nearly two months of picking at the game, I'm throwing the towel in on Control. It's got a cool atmosphere and I'm curious where the story goes, but actually playing it is like pulling teeth.

Also, I'm really tired in generally fighting bosses where the actual difficulty comes from the mook ads instead of the actual boss.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I've actually started to enjoy the combat in Control. I think it helped that the lift/toss whatever it's called tree is what I maxxed first, so against everything but heavy or boss enemies each projectile I fling is a one hit kill. And so is the Pierce gun which I use almost exclusively now. So I have to juggle enemy focus less frequently than I did at the start and only need to pick what order I have to kill things in.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    when control hits it's stride it the combat is fantastic and I love just how messy it is at times

there's also some amazing little setpieces like
    fighting in and destroying the model of your home town

the boss fights are nearly good, but then they all have one mechanic that's terrible (instadeath pits/one really annoying mob spawn/no health pickups)

• Options
    Yeah i'm not sure if i've fought any bosses yet or if the harder named enemies i've seen have just been harder named enemies.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Yeah i'm not sure if i've fought any bosses yet or if the harder named enemies i've seen have just been harder named enemies.

I'm not particularly good at action games so I end up dying a lot. So I have to sit through the loading screen after ever failed attempt. And there's a fight that spawns every single time trying to get to the boss fight. So I try to run past it but most times they get a shot in at me. Which makes the boss fight harder because it can nearly one-shot me. But I can't focus completely on it because it spawns a bunch of adds that have grenades. So I try to focus on getting rid of them. But then the boss hits me with a ranged attack off screen. And I can't heal unless I kill some of the ads. So I end up dying again. And have to sit through the loading screen.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

oh definitely

which is

You can even keep Celebrimbopadoodle, play up a little bit more tension in an “I don’t want to help an orc, but you’re the best chance at stopping this evil.”

It’s actually postulated in the silmarillion that orcs at least started as elves who were captured/corrupted by Morgoth, so that tension of who the character was versus who they choose to be could be a great story that has never been investigated in that universe.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

I'm not particularly good at action games so I end up dying a lot. So I have to sit through the loading screen after ever failed attempt. And there's a fight that spawns every single time trying to get to the boss fight. So I try to run past it but most times they get a shot in at me. Which makes the boss fight harder because it can nearly one-shot me. But I can't focus completely on it because it spawns a bunch of adds that have grenades. So I try to focus on getting rid of them. But then the boss hits me with a ranged attack off screen. And I can't heal unless I kill some of the ads. So I end up dying again. And have to sit through the loading screen.

Yeah i've had a couple death loops like that early on and it sucks. Minute and a half load times are bad.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

oh nice I know of a couple of those guys, gonna check that out

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    So I really liked Indivisible

And then I got to the end and the gimmick of the fight is something I'm physically incapable of doing, so I guess I just can't beat this game?

This is such a weirdly specific issue, but this is like the third game I've played where the final area required a gimmick you don't do anywhere else that I physically can't get to work and for some reason it feels way worse than if I just couldn't play the game at all

Would you mind putting in spoilers what the gimmick is? I'm interested is what they'd do that would do this.
    you have to perfect block an extremely long sequence of attacks with very specific timing. Except for that part you are never required to perfect block anything.

Oh I hate this

Yeah I uh

I literally can't do it

But I also haven't seen like, anyone else talking about this as an issue so maybe other people had no problem with it?

I know @Ms Dapper finished it recently

I think maybe it might just be a me problem

I wonder if anyone else had this problem in Undertale. I liked the game and the writing, it was funny and the music was good, but I couldn't finish it because one fight became literally too difficult so I just stopped playing - I don't even know how far I got
    I don't even properly remember its name anymore, it was the game show robot thing?

sooooo about that
    the tem shop, right before the major boss fights actually get rolling (both toriel and papyrus go out of their way not to kill you) has an on-purpose exploit where you can buy tem flakes and immediately sell them back for a profit, building up enough cash to buy the temmie armor, which gives you an utterly broken amount of defense

it's very explicitly there for folks who want to do a pacifist run but are struggling to stay alive

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    So I really liked Indivisible

And then I got to the end and the gimmick of the fight is something I'm physically incapable of doing, so I guess I just can't beat this game?

This is such a weirdly specific issue, but this is like the third game I've played where the final area required a gimmick you don't do anywhere else that I physically can't get to work and for some reason it feels way worse than if I just couldn't play the game at all

Would you mind putting in spoilers what the gimmick is? I'm interested is what they'd do that would do this.
    you have to perfect block an extremely long sequence of attacks with very specific timing. Except for that part you are never required to perfect block anything.

Oh I hate this

Yeah I uh

I literally can't do it

But I also haven't seen like, anyone else talking about this as an issue so maybe other people had no problem with it?

I know @Ms Dapper finished it recently

I think maybe it might just be a me problem

I wonder if anyone else had this problem in Undertale. I liked the game and the writing, it was funny and the music was good, but I couldn't finish it because one fight became literally too difficult so I just stopped playing - I don't even know how far I got
    I don't even properly remember its name anymore, it was the game show robot thing?

sooooo about that
    the tem shop, right before the major boss fights actually get rolling (both toriel and papyrus go out of their way not to kill you) has an on-purpose exploit where you can buy tem flakes and immediately sell them back for a profit, building up enough cash to buy the temmie armor, which gives you an utterly broken amount of defense

it's very explicitly there for folks who want to do a pacifist run but are struggling to stay alive

Oh, that's great to know! I suppose I'll go back and give it another try then. Thanks for the tip :+1:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Watching RDR2 PC streams and this is basically what everyone is doing:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoxyRockyWhaleBatChest
    https://clips.twitch.tv/BloodyFriendlySalamanderCorgiDerp
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FlirtyBenevolentPanFloof

Many horses have been harmed since PC release.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

oh definitely

which is

It’s actually postulated in the silmarillion that orcs at least started as elves who were captured/corrupted by Morgoth, so that tension of who the character was versus who they choose to be could be a great story that has never been investigated in that universe.
    Actually, if you'd read my fanfic when I was 12 you'd

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    My internet is super broken right now, but Payday 2 patch and DLC is out today.

They added the ability to select your suit and a bunch of bug fixes.

There's new heist dlc, a set of new outfits dlc, and a set of weapon mods dlc. You can buy them individually or all together for $10.

• Options
    Out today!

Nov 7 - Superverse EA (Indie, Action, Arcade, Space )

• Options

the people behind Shelter are making a new MMO that's supposed to be more of chill exploration game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuGkGJG9zE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwZKQo0Y5s

it's already reached it's kickstarter goal but still open for backing, the goal seems incredibly low even for a simplified game of this type

even after watching both trailers, I'm not sure how this game actually plays

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Book of Travels is super pretty. Love that art style!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
This discussion has been closed.