Options

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Actually you can get a decrypted cache key a lot easier these days, and it’s not a once a week thing anymore

But the game also doesn’t tell you that, and a lot of guides are out of date due to how things have changed since the release of the expansion, and Destiny is a shitty game with terrible onboarding and the only reason I still play it is because the shooty bang bang is so good

Like, we beat the boss with only about 7 second left on the timer. I'm sure it's not like beating a raid or what the fuck ever, but it felt good. Real good! But then because I didn't do some arbitrary ass thing beforehand which I, Captain McNoob of the USS Scrubsville, couldn't have possibly have known about, I couldn't get the reward for doing the whole damn thing, and it felt real bad!

This game is dogshit, is what I'm saying, yeah.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I see some folks have posted game play of mechwarrior 5 on YouTube now but most of them are long videos and they are all just people who preordered and mostly are coming at it from a mwo perspective. (I hated mwo for the shitty ftp economy of it)

It looks fun but I heard that the missions are procedurally generated which makes me worry a bit that the game might get repetitive and thin after a while. One person said that the devs said they estimate like a 30 hour campaign? I think I might rather have a 15 hour game with scripted missions though myself.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, i hit that problem in Destiny 2. I also don't really know what's going on in the story, and the story requires me to use a crappy pistol for awhile. Some of the designers need to learn their craft.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    W-why is there a creepy tentacle in the steam store header image now

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah, i hit that problem in Destiny 2. I also don't really know what's going on in the story, and the story requires me to use a crappy pistol for awhile. Some of the designers need to learn their craft.

It's because they took your light in a standard Metroid style early game power loss. They say it in voiceover. And you don't even use the pistol that long.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

It's because they took your light in a standard Metroid style early game power loss. They say it in voiceover. And you don't even use the pistol that long.

ah yes... my light...

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Loot games in general seem to assume that you're going to play with a wiki tab open.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Cuz Baba hasn't pushed the cover back on the manhole, yet.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

No, I played the whole game before. I stopped playing when the infinite forest was disappointing. I just transferred my account over to steam and am now on Mars. For some reason.

Also, they completely changed how dailies and weeklies are displayed, so figuring that shit out is also a challenge.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Oh, i have no idea why you're using a shitty pistol on Mars then. That never happened to me. I went in with all my fancy stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh, i have no idea why you're using a shitty pistol on Mars then. That never happened to me. I went in with all my fancy stuff.

Because I have to use a certain pistol to kill and headshot enemies.

Fortunately, the next part of the quest I only needed it equipped.

Of course, since they drastically raised light levels and also changed a bunch of weapons, I also have no idea what I have is worth keeping, or what I should feed and whatnot.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I like Destiny 2 a lot but yeah it is SUPER confusing

• Options

Of course, since they drastically raised light levels and also changed a bunch of weapons, I also have no idea what I have is worth keeping, or what I should feed and whatnot.

Oh, is that the Ikalos weapon exotic quest? It's not a story thing. I thought you meant it had taken your weapon like in the early story line.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I hope for Destiny 3 or whatever they polish up the interface because having two separate submenus that hold different things is extremely confusing

I am forever selecting the wrong one

• Options

Oh, is that the Ikalos weapon exotic quest? It's not a story thing. I thought you meant it had taken your weapon like in the early story line.

Yeah, the Ikalos. It's marked as story, which is why I'm confused about it I guess.

• Options

Yeah, the Ikalos. It's marked as story, which is why I'm confused about it I guess.

Once you kill Xol in the story missions you're done with the Mars story stuff. It was pretty thin content. The rest is fleshing out lore and exotic quests. All quests with a yellow banner result in an exotic. Similar purples.

As for what's worth hanging on to, I think most any nonExotic guns that drop on Mars will only have 1 perk, so other than meeting that 1 quest requirement, they're basically junk compared to new stuff, which gets 2. Though I think some old vanilla stuff gets as well. At least, my raid sniper, Alone As A God is still good.

Not sure what of that New Light players have access to.

Armor is similar, as new armor drops gets random stats, and has the armor 2.0 system where you level up the energy and apply reuseable mods to them. I think those at least anything that drops now has the new system, unlike weapons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have not killed Xol yet (only in strikes).

But then again, I have no idea what the story is right now, because last I played was Curse of Osiris, and apparently a bunch of shit happened that is technically not completed.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Also pretty sure it's a reference to Moons of Madness

Need to get back to playing that. The intro was suitably creepy.

• Options
    pfft you call that a mad moon check out THIS mad moon
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ (‿ˠ‿)

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeah the open nature of Destiny 2 makes it... really hard to follow the story

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Yeah the open nature of Destiny 2 makes it... y hard to follow the story

IMO they definitely made a misstep with the way they shunted the actual early story stuff off to the side. It's not like they even put it on Zavala or Ikora, or even Hawthorne, but the shipwright you almost never talk to in a place you'll almost never go.

I know for some people the "real" game is when you're out there doing open world stuff or whatever with friends, but the handling of the mainline story makes it way harder to tell what you should be doing if you want something like a coherent throughline of plot.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i honestly don't have much on the release calendar until like, next week

so uh... here you go:

sizlL8j.png

Nov 29 - Sanic The Hawtdawg: Da Movie: Da Game 2.1: Electric Boogaloo 2.2 Version 4: The Squeakquel: VHS Edition: Directors cut: Special edition: The Musical & Knackles

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    ....is this Frog Fractions?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    They spelled hotdog differently in the title and logo...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They spelled hotdog differently in the title and logo...

Seems to be onbrand

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Started up Hellblade: Senua’s sacrifice and wow, I’m pretty impressed so far. Only about 30 minutes into it. For whatever reason, I didn’t think this game was going to have much combat, if any, but it is quite satisfying.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Started up Hellblade: Senua’s sacrifice and wow, I’m pretty impressed so far. Only about 30 minutes into it. For whatever reason, I didn’t think this game was going to have much combat, if any, but it is quite satisfying.

I've gotta go back and do another playthrough in VR.

Sadly it just letterboxes for cutscenes but otherwise it's even more intense.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    pfft you call that a mad moon check out THIS mad moon
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ (‿ˠ‿)
    He seems pretty happy...

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    God DAMN disco Elysium is good

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »

I bought Hellblade, booted it up, played about an hour, and determined that a) it's a very well made game and I'm quite glad I gave them money b) I don't ever want to play it again.

It left me profoundly unsettled, even just from that short play session.

• Options
    kKMz3YV.jpg

finally a good wrestling game

• Options

IMO they definitely made a misstep with the way they shunted the actual early story stuff off to the side. It's not like they even put it on Zavala or Ikora, or even Hawthorne, but the shipwright you almost never talk to in a place you'll almost never go.

I know for some people the "real" game is when you're out there doing open world stuff or whatever with friends, but the handling of the mainline story makes it way harder to tell what you should be doing if you want something like a coherent throughline of plot.

Yeah I like Destiny 2 a LOT but

man

I feel like the game would be better received if they introduced you to all the mechanics slowly

I don't know how they'd manage it but the amount of shit is overwhelming and it's really unclear what's 'important' (if you care about story)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

Yeah I like Destiny 2 a LOT but

man

I feel like the game would be better received if they introduced you to all the mechanics slowly

I don't know how they'd manage it but the amount of shit is overwhelming and it's really unclear what's 'important' (if you care about story)

Same goes for Warframe. Hell, it'd be nice if they introduce you to any mechanics at all, much less slowly. It's my favorite game ever and even I agree that it's a fuckin difficult game to grok initially. It all seems so obvious to me now, but I have nearly 3000 hours in it so what the fuck do I know about being a new player

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the big difference is that destiny 2 is a sequel to a wildly successful game made by one of the most prolific studios and owned by a company that was worth approximately infinity billion dollars and they couldn't be fucked to tutorialize literally anything relevant

DE is extremely small and only made like 1? other game

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    -
    Karoz wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

Also pretty sure it's a reference to Moons of Madness

Need to get back to playing that. The intro was suitably creepy.

I was assuming the kraken from Return of the Obra Dinn.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the big difference is that destiny 2 is a sequel to a wildly successful game made by one of the most prolific studios and owned by a company that was worth approximately infinity billion dollars and they couldn't be fucked to tutorialize literally anything relevant

DE is extremely small and only made like 1? other game
    DE has over 300 employees and has worked on 22 games. That's not as big a staff as Bungie's massive 600 man studio, but it's not tiny and they've got plenty of experience.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah DE has a huge resume, they were formed in 1993 and co-developed Unreal with Epic. They made The Darkness 2, they made the multiplayer of Bioshock 2. They had a handful of b-games like Dark Sector. Warframe is just a very dramatic success.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I liked Destiny and Destiny 2 vanilla

I tried to hop on board with the recent expansion, buying both Forsaken and Shadowkeep

But the way they just open up everything all at once with zero guidance has made it so I just can't care. It doesn't make me marvel at the amount of stuff, it makes me not want to bother

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I think Digital Extremes mostly made lots of licensed games before warframe, the only one I can name off the top of my head was that Star Trek reboot movie tie in game the Best Friends did a short LP of that featured a bug with drawing the model of your arm holding a tricorder in front of you behind character models that should be further away, a bug that you can still reproduce in warframe because it's the same engine.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    wpkra3sw81e3.png

This discussion has been closed.