As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    twitter thread from a writer on In The Valley Of Gods

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah I always knew this was what happened but it still blows

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    yeah I always knew this was what happened but it still blows

i was kinda hoping they could sneak out this one game before getting gutted

but it seems like valve didn't have the patience for that

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I remember a time when I believed that Valve was the best PC game company in the world.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    The writing was kinda on the wall for so long. Remember Brad Muir? Dude disappeared off the face of the planet once he joined Valve.

Still really sucks that they gutted the team and made them work on a VR shooter instead.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Dota and underlords art will not be denied

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I remember a time when I believed that Valve was the best PC game company in the world.

yeah the ricochet/gunman chronicles era was a high point for valve

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

Valve, Blizzard, Bethesda

They make more bank than ever but they sure don't invoke enthusiasm the way they used to

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I got an email the other day from Jackbox Games, and I had no idea why. Turns out I won the grand prize in their yearly Friendsgiving giveaway, and I won a physical prize pack of goodies, which is shipping out now, along with Steam codes for all their games!
    So, does anyone want a free copy of Quiplash? I used the others, but that one's available.

• Options
    edited December 2019

They make more bank than ever but they sure don't invoke enthusiasm the way they used to

in the early 2000s I used to want to work for both google and apple! I felt like they were companies that were actively improving living conditions and quality of life in the world!
    that's-a capitalism!

Brolo on
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    The writing was kinda on the wall for so long. Remember Brad Muir? Dude disappeared off the face of the planet once he joined Valve.

Still really sucks that they gutted the team and made them work on a VR shooter instead.

Remember Chet Faliszek and Eric Wolpaw?

Remember Jay Pinkerton?

They all pretty much disappeared after Portal 2 was released. I know that Eric and Jay both left Valve but are apparently still involved there? Or just old work finally coming out years later.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Damn, Fyfe really sounds like he got burned on this. Man, that whole thing is a bummer. I really hoped that those guys were smarter than that.
    On the other hand, a steady Valve paycheck probably beats being an indie studio struggling to survive, so it's always a bit too easy to judge from the outside.

e: what's that about Deep Down? That is/was a Capcom thing that disappeared after the first (?) cg trailer, right?

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I like that the character is Stevonnie but splits into Steven and Connie occasionally instead of vice versa

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Is Connie a Gem person? Or can Gems just fuse with anyone?

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Only Steven can fuse with humans cause he's half-human. All the Gems were super surprised when it happened.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Is Connie a Gem person? Or can Gems just fuse with anyone?

Steven is a human/gem hybrid.

So far we've seen no indications any other gem + human fusion is possible. I maintain in my headcanon Steven could mediate fusions between multiple humans or humans + gems, but we haven't seen it yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    steven can fuse with gems and humans, most gems can only fuse with other gems

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I can't tell if you're all just making this up, and that genuinely delights me.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    ?

https://twitter.com/MrMooEar

• Options
    what's the payment model for brawlhalla like?

it's free to play, but then do you have to pay for characters/stages? do you have to pay for cosmetics?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

it's free to play, but then do you have to pay for characters/stages? do you have to pay for cosmetics?

Kinda like a moba

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

in the early 2000s I used to want to work for both google and apple! I felt like they were companies that were actively improving living conditions and quality of life in the world!
    that's-a capitalism!
    If you can believe it, there was a time when I dreamed about working for Twitter.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Kinda like a moba

So is that more like a Dota 2 where our all the characters are free or more like a League of Legends where the characters have to be bought or unlocked?

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Nvidia with the groundbreaking findings...

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Frames win games

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Frames win games

I think Vince Lombardi said that

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Nvidia with the groundbreaking findings...

O [Doubt]

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    What?! How can I get higher frame rate, Nvidia, tell me!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Get the fuck out here Smash Bros., in Brawlhalla we can do Stevonnie vs. Finn the Human vs. John Cena and you dont even need mods to do it

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Next they’re gonna tell me I should stop playing on dialup.

Pfft, noobs.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Next they’re gonna tell me I should stop playing on dialup.

Pfft, noobs.

56K all the way, hey?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    put nep in smash you fucking cowards

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    There is actually a correlation between FPS and K/D, but it's only in fast FPS, and only at pretty high levels of play, and it's subtle.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

that's ridiculous

it's obviously going to be a touhou

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    As long as they put the music in I'm down

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Damn, Fyfe really sounds like he got burned on this. Man, that whole thing is a bummer. I really hoped that those guys were smarter than that.
    On the other hand, a steady Valve paycheck probably beats being an indie studio struggling to survive, so it's always a bit too easy to judge from the outside.

e: what's that about Deep Down? That is/was a Capcom thing that disappeared after the first (?) cg trailer, right?

Deep Down got one CGI "this is what we want it to look like" trailer and then the project was quietly scrapped because the game engine they licensed wasn't able to do what they wanted, IIRC, and people only heard about it being canned many years later so there was a while where people kept expecting news about it to finally bubble up each year.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

that's ridiculous

it's obviously going to be a touhou

I would unironically love a reimu in smash, it seems too niche to get in though

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.