Ghostbusters: LA declares June 7th "Ghostbusters Day"

1232425262729»

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/YdseQKAwlZk
    "THROW IT - NEW SONG - Joshua Warren - 80's Horror Soundtrack STYLE"
    5:12

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 19
    So given we don't have a release date yet, I'm guessing the 2-in-the-box ain't getting here by halloween, which is a bit disappointing, but not unexpected.

Undead Scottsman on
    So given we don't have a release date yet, I'm guessing the 2-in-the-box ain't getting here by halloween, which is a bit disappointing, but not unexpected.

Release date for Haslab 2-in-the-Box has been consistently stated as "late fall" for a few months now. That means sometime in the last 3 weeks of November or early December.

The Spengler Proton Pack was shipped earlier than projected, so some folks are crossing their fingers it will happen this time as well, but keep your expectations reasonable.

December is not Fall! That's full on Winter! Use Q4 if you want to say an October-December!

Also the website says "Shpping Fall 2024" not "Late Fall 2024." at the top so I don't think it was unreasonable to think they might get them out by Halloween, given Ghostbuster's relationship with that holiday and also because it gave them just over half of fall to ship, so a 50/50% shot based on the release date.

I didn't set my heart on it, but they also shoved "late Fall" at the bottom of a big paragraph of text so it's not surprising I missed it in favor of the "Fall 2024" in bolded letters at the top of the page.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I think winter starts on or around December 21. So December is mostly late fall.... Like, 2/3 of December is the definition of late fall

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    you're not wrong technically but it doesn't feel like fall

I bet if you asked most folks to give a rough estimate of what they consider "late fall" they're gonna say something like the end of November, and very few would probably say the middle of December or a few days before christmas

edited September 20
    If you're going by solstices, we're still in summer until the 22nd.

And I don't know about you, but I've never seen anyone even INTIMATE that the middle of September counts as "summer" in regards to release dates and whatnot.

But ultimately it doesn't matter, I'm not putting the screws to Hasbro, just a little disappointed that things won't get here until after Halloween.

Undead Scottsman on
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    And I think if you ask most marketing people selling toys to grownups, they'll say "Late fall is right before Christmas."

He shoots, he scores! Swish! Yes! 2 points!

...sorry, just celebrating over her.
    Did I mention I am very tired?

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I bet if you asked most folks to give a rough estimate of what they consider "late fall" they're gonna say something like the end of November, and very few would probably say the middle of December or a few days before christmas

I bet if you asked most folks about a lot of stuff, you'd be surprised by how wrong they actually are.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

I bet if you asked most folks about a lot of stuff, you'd be surprised by how wrong they actually are.

okay but I'm talking about common usage and perception, so it's not something you can really be "wrong" about in this case

"actually fall lasts until December 21, which is the winter solstice aka the day with the shortest daylight in the northern hemisphere" is a neat fact but trying to use it to win an argument about the cultural image of fall would be very annoying

Trust me, I was pretty bummed when I looked up the official start and end of fall and found out the midpoint was early November.
    But it is what it is.

edited September 20
    The description for Hasbro's NYCC panel is posted.
    Fri, Oct 18, 2024
    5:15 PM – 6:15 PM
    Room 408

Hasbro hosts an action-packed toy panel with brand marketing team members revealing exciting new products, giving fans a first look across its iconic action brands. The panel will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of TRANSFORMERS with new Studio Series figures, and announce new team members joining the G.I. JOE Classified Series line. And you won’t want to miss the launch of the latest HasLab project for Ghostbusters! In addition, the panel will bring updates on the Hasbro lines inspired by Star Wars™, including The Black Series and The Vintage Collection, and MARVEL, including exciting news about the Marvel Legends product line.”

Launching the next Haslab for Ghostbusters before the last one is out is kinda weird. Have the done that before with any other franchise?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The description for Hasbro's NYCC panel is posted.
    Fri, Oct 18, 2024
    5:15 PM – 6:15 PM
    Room 408

Hasbro hosts an action-packed toy panel with brand marketing team members revealing exciting new products, giving fans a first look across its iconic action brands. The panel will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of TRANSFORMERS with new Studio Series figures, and announce new team members joining the G.I. JOE Classified Series line. And you won’t want to miss the launch of the latest HasLab project for Ghostbusters! In addition, the panel will bring updates on the Hasbro lines inspired by Star Wars™, including The Black Series and The Vintage Collection, and MARVEL, including exciting news about the Marvel Legends product line.”

Launching the next Haslab for Ghostbusters before the last one is out is kinda weird. Have the done that before with any other franchise?

Gi Joe. Dragonfly has not shipped yet and the Rattler Haslab has already finished.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork