As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ghostbusters: Negative Fear Response to Spectral Apparitions, Guarrenteed

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So recently I’ve been buying current Transformers because they have a very original cartoon/toy look and they make me nostalgic. This made me remember that there is an official Ecto-1 Transformer so I ordered it and received it today.

He is pretty large. Megaton/Optimus sized when transformed. His roof rack turns into his own proton back and he comes with a little movie style Slimer.

The miniseries he has with the IDW Ghostbusters is pretty good.

They also have Top Gun and Back to the Future crossover figures coming as well. I can't wait to see how Ecotron looks next to Gigawatt.

I saw a review of Gigawatt. He is much shorter, more in line with Sideswipe or Sunstreaker, the Lamborghinis.

Too bad it is sold out everywhere.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yeah, Gigawatt's toy actually uses Sideswipe as a base. Interestingly, Ectotron is (very) loosely based the mold used to make Hot Spot and Onslaught (a fire engine and a missile truck, respectively)

He has his detractors, and I wish he could hold his nuetrona wand Ghostbusters style, but I really like him.

Ectotron sold out a bunch too, but I think they put out more waves of him to capitalize on Gigawatt and Maverick also coming out.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I want ecto cooler to come back again

I'm about to try one of those home recipes if I can find tangerine juice around here.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I've bought it for 360, about a dozen copies of the original Steam version, and the remaster for PC when it launched and Switch when it was $10. I've only beaten the original on 360 once and the remaster on PC once.
    I tried doing a 100% run as well as replaying on the hardest difficulty but some of the game is just way too cheap on harder difficulties. The possessor ghosts gave me more trouble than the infamous cherubs. Still get a little annoyed by Bill Murray's voice after hearing him call for "a little help" a few hundred times.

I hope we get a spiritual sequel one day. That gameplay had room for refinement but it's still the best virtual ghostbusting experience I've had outside of the VOID VR stuff.

Why did you buy so many copies of the steam version?

To give to friends to do the multiplayer with of course.

Well the PC version never had multiplayer, sadly, but I did buy it to give away during a holiday drawing one year since it was dirt cheap.

• Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, Gigawatt's toy actually uses Sideswipe as a base.
    I wish he could hold his nuetrona wand Ghostbusters style,

I feel like you can get it pretty close:

(Sideswipe for scale)
    gb83hbh6c75o.jpg

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I liked the remake, but it was missing that magic. It actually had allot more paranormal stuff in it.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so apparently they just put ghostbusters stuff in fortnite?

• Options
    so apparently they just put ghostbusters stuff in fortnite?

Yeah, seems like Sony Pictures has worked out a deal with Epic Games. Ghostbusters the Video Game Remastered is going to be free on their store starting on October 29th through November 5th and they have promotional content on both Fortnite and Rocket League right now.

• Options
    One of our junior busters is going through the new items now. There are also achievements.
    KmNVViC.jpg
    pmVwbL1.jpg
    uN7zHVp.jpg
    mRt1oAW.jpg
    N0MXM1Q.jpg

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I won't lie, I dig that glider.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    As usual, Jason over at Ghostbusters News breaks out down in detail.
    https://youtu.be/kipHCZb-1Rs

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Can't watch atm, but are those characters or costumes?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Never played fortnight but hot damn those costumes are perfect.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Can't watch atm, but are those characters or costumes?

Characters, looks like. Also two pieces of "back bling": A proton pack and a ghost trap strapped to the back.

• Options
    Definitely bigger than a microchip: fan-shop Mack's Factory has apparently scored a deal with Sony Consumer Products to produce officially-licensed, full hero-prop scale proton pack parts and kits.

2cjtwwofs7z5.png

I actually already had a set of decals from those guys. They are respected within the fan community, something that the previous attempt at releasing a hero-scale pack failed to do when they partnered with Anovos. The best part is that you can buy parts separately so that even if you have a home-built pack you can still get metal bits and bobs or other screen-accurate pieces to attach.

This is a pretty big deal and the prices don't look bad at all.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Hoping the thrower parts go on sale soon as I want to begin working on my screen accurate version, and would like to see what the cost difference is between their aluminum parts and what can be found on GBfans. I also want one of those holostickers.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The Ghostbusters videogame is up for free on epic games store today.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    The Ghostbusters videogame is up for free on epic games store today.

Sale ends 11/5/2020 at 11:00 AM! Don't drag your feet!
    XegHLW1.gif

• Options
    Did the remaster tinker with the gameplay at all? There was a couple of places that needed some serious retuning.

• Options
    Did the remaster tinker with the gameplay at all? There was a couple of places that needed some serious retuning.

Nope, still its hanky janky self! No multiplayer on PC either, since the source code version was lost and they'd effectively have to make a new multiplayer from scratch.

• Options
    Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    No multiplayer on PC either, since the source code version was lost

I'm confused as to how that can even happen in this century.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    No ghostbusting for me this year and I am sad. :(

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Special K wrote: »

Activision licensed games are basically built in the acretion disc of a black hole. They're going to fall into the hole at some point and be gone forever, its just a matter of time.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    The only thing Activision has ever made of lasting quality is their notoriously questionable ad campaigns

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

Activision licensed games are basically built in the acretion disc of a black hole. They're going to fall into the hole at some point and be gone forever, its just a matter of time.

Activision dropped the game once it was near completion because it wouldn't fit into their annual release model (where they could shit out a new edition of a successful game every single year CoD style)
    At the last minute, ATARI (or the company who owned it at the time) swooped in and agreed to publish the game.
    Very soon after it was released, Terminal Reality, the original studio was shuttered with "ATARI" broken up and dissolved.

The only reason there was even a remaster of the campaign is because the original individual artists and designers kept their old work and agreed to send copies of whatever they could find to the remaster team out of the kindness of their hearts and also because they were proud of the game and wanted to see it in the world again.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer was developed parallel to the campaign on an unfinished build of the game engine. Oh, did I mention that this game uses a unique engine complete with physics?

https://youtu.be/g_PrHTOWN7A

This was hardly utilized in the game at all by the way.

Well they tried every build of the engine they were sent to see if they could run the multiplayer on it and nothing worked. It burned a lot of work hours trying to get it running but there was nothing they could do.

The team did lobby to make a new, from-scratch multiplayer using the assets they did have, but that was ultimately not granted. Instead a reduced team was kept on to address bug fixes only.

I would fucking LOVE to see some kind of spiritual sequel to the game get made some day. I dream of getting to start my own team of busters in a new setting and maybe get to interact with the OGBs periodically (ideally with Egon voiced by Maurice LeMarche again).

• Options
    There have been Ghostbusters rollercoasters before, but what about one that tells the whole plot of the movie?
    The GHOSTBUSTERS Backlot Movie Coaster by TommyT067
    https://youtu.be/GfOS9vOxOhc

• Options

Activision dropped the game once it was near completion because it wouldn't fit into their annual release model (where they could shit out a new edition of a successful game every single year CoD style)
    At the last minute, ATARI (or the company who owned it at the time) swooped in and agreed to publish the game.
    Very soon after it was released, Terminal Reality, the original studio was shuttered with "ATARI" broken up and dissolved.

The only reason there was even a remaster of the campaign is because the original individual artists and designers kept their old work and agreed to send copies of whatever they could find to the remaster team out of the kindness of their hearts and also because they were proud of the game and wanted to see it in the world again.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer was developed parallel to the campaign on an unfinished build of the game engine. Oh, did I mention that this game uses a unique engine complete with physics?

https://youtu.be/g_PrHTOWN7A

This was hardly utilized in the game at all by the way.

Well they tried every build of the engine they were sent to see if they could run the multiplayer on it and nothing worked. It burned a lot of work hours trying to get it running but there was nothing they could do.

The team did lobby to make a new, from-scratch multiplayer using the assets they did have, but that was ultimately not granted. Instead a reduced team was kept on to address bug fixes only.

I would fucking LOVE to see some kind of spiritual sequel to the game get made some day. I dream of getting to start my own team of busters in a new setting and maybe get to interact with the OGBs periodically (ideally with Egon voiced by Maurice LeMarche again).

I'm reminded of the story of how Ernie Hudson auditioned for Winston on the Real Ghostbusters and they went with Arsenio Hall instead.

That's got to be one of the worst feelings in the world.

• Options
    Highly recommend the ghostbusters comic book by TDW as well. Three beautiful hardcover collections and Winston gets some much needed love.

• Options
    Highly recommend the ghostbusters comic book by IDW as well. Three beautiful hardcover collections and Winston gets some much needed love.

Burnham, Schoening, and Delgado make an excellent product, it's true. They expand the cast, take the premise to new settings, and flesh-out all the characters nicely. It's hard to find the hardcovers but the digital versions have gone up on sale on Humble Bundle or Comixology a couple times.

• Options
    Highly recommend the ghostbusters comic book by IDW as well. Three beautiful hardcover collections and Winston gets some much needed love.

Burnham, Schoening, and Delgado make an excellent product, it's true. They expand the cast, take the premise to new settings, and flesh-out all the characters nicely. It's hard to find the hardcovers but the digital versions have gone up on sale on Humble Bundle or Comixology a couple times.

All the crossovers are great too. When the Real Ghosbusters (animated cartoon) connect with th comic book guys in particular.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I friggin' love the IDW comics. They've surplanted Real as my "main" Ghostbusters continuity. Can't recommend them enough.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Yeah, the two movies, the videogame and the comics is what I'd consider my "main" continuity.

Afterlife is going to need to be a hell of a movie to supplant it. Especially without Harold Ramis.

• Options

All the crossovers are great too. When the Real Ghosbusters (animated cartoon) connect with th comic book guys in particular.

I like when Holtzmann and Ron (OC based on Chevy Chase) abused the dimensional gateway power and caused an interdimensional incident.

• Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    No Halloween costume this year, I just stayed at home in my perfectly ordinary clothes...
    jbptrsc1ozy7.jpg

0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    These are great. Excellent Lorenzo Music impersonation.
    https://youtu.be/tzsni2pEFdo

• Options
    Yesterday was a trip.

osvrpts7uomc.jpg

Someone I met at Fan Fest last year spliced together this thing and it makes me really happy (I contacted him to see if it was anywhere easier to share than Facebook.)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217973055533765&id=1106490017&sfnsn=mo

• Options
    I do wish they'd kept the statue stepping on the cop car.