As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Crossing the border anywhere is a federal matter.

But you don't go through customs. He could have gone to California, Washington, Colorado, or Michigan and likely wouldn't have been noticed.

How would he cross the border at Colorado?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    By driving over it on the interstate I assume? They don't inspect all vehicles leaving weed legal states do they?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Crossing the border anywhere is a federal matter.

But you don't go through customs. He could have gone to California, Washington, Colorado, or Michigan and likely wouldn't have been noticed.

How would he cross the border at Colorado?

Trump.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    By driving over it on the interstate I assume? They don't inspect all vehicles leaving weed legal states do they?

Are you suggesting he could have gone to Colorado and buy 157 pounds of weed?

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    A cursory Googling shows:

1. Street value of 157 lbs of weed is ~$250,000.

2. Robinson signed a 1-yr contract with the Browns for $6,400,000.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    That just seemed beyond stupid. Plus you're an athlete, you probably have an enterouge. use one of those guys.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Are you suggesting he could have gone to Colorado and buy 157 pounds of weed?

I was gonna say, I’m not an expert on the legal weed industry but i can’t imagine most shops even have 50 lbs on hand at any one time

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Maybe Robinson was just trying to be the next Sam Hurd

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    RickRude wrote: »
    That just seemed beyond stupid. Plus you're an athlete, you probably have an enterouge. use one of those guys.

The issue was almost certainly because of the entourage. I would almost guarantee that this was one of Robinson's friends who was tired of being the poor friend mooching of the successful one, so he figures he'll just convince Robinson to loan him enough money (say 100k) to buy enough weed to get a significant discount. Then he can sell it at regular prices, pay back Robinson, make a some money himself, and be the friend that always has a supply for partying. Selling drugs is easy right?

100k isn't that big of a deal to Robinson, so he figures why not. Then Robinson either he goes along out of curiosity, or he wants to make sure the friend doesn't just keep the 100k. Or even worse the friend convinces Robinson to pick it up himself because he figures a pro athlete is less likely to have his car searched by the cops.

Jebus314 on
    "The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Robinson was going to be a free agent In March and the Browns were not going to sign him

He was probably looking at few offers for low/backup dollars

This is a dumb crime, but honestly maybe a good business risk vs domestic veg, but only for the owner of the racket, not the mooks crossing the border. Robinson’s problem was doing this himself and not putting the proper plausible deniability between himself and the actual border.

I think of it like having 157 lbs of avocados instead of weed. Both will get you busted for bringing in unregulated vegetable matter, but weed has the extra bonus of also being a federally-and-Texas illegal plant too.

• Options
    Somebody saw We're the Millers as a how-to video.

• Options
    Sunday's XFL games:

New York at St Louis, 3p EST, ESPN

DC at Los Angeles, 6p EST, FS1

Will Matt McGloin suck out loud? Will he shit on his team and coaches again? Will he even play? Find out!

• Options
    Will Matt McGloin suck out loud? Will he shit on his team and coaches again? Will he even play? Find out!

Yes.
    Maybe.
    Only until halftime.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Jebus314 wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »

The issue was almost certainly because of the entourage. I would almost guarantee that this was one of Robinson's friends who was tired of being the poor friend mooching of the successful one, so he figures he'll just convince Robinson to loan him enough money (say 100k) to buy enough weed to get a significant discount. Then he can sell it at regular prices, pay back Robinson, make a some money himself, and be the friend that always has a supply for partying. Selling drugs is easy right?

100k isn't that big of a deal to Robinson, so he figures why not. Then Robinson either he goes along out of curiosity, or he wants to make sure the friend doesn't just keep the 100k. Or even worse the friend convinces Robinson to pick it up himself because he figures a pro athlete is less likely to have his car searched by the cops.
    This seams likely.

"Man I just need this one score to set myself up. Come on nobody is actually going to search your car."
    "Why don't we just go to Michgan it's one state over?"
    "There isn't any money in that, we need to get weed cheap from Mexico, I know a guy in Juarez who will hook us up. 10k and I can flip it for a quarter mil."
    "It's just a 3 day drive and I could really use the money."

I have friends who have tried to rope me into dumber shit. Until I was like. I'm not going to do that. What are you high?

• Options
    BoB to hand over play calling to his OC in Houston.

• Options
    Dolphins starting to play draft games talking about how they could trade up. Also, guess we lost some coaching staff as they got jobs as head coaches in college

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Today's XFL:

Los Angeles at New York, 2p EST, ABC

Seattle at St Louis, 5p, FOX

These were yesterday's games.

These are for today.

Houston at Dallas, 4p EST, FS1

DC at Tampa Bay. 7p EST, ESPN2

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Is Tampa Bay owned by Mt. Dew?

• Options
    The Hyper Vipers!

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular

I am ok with this honestly

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »

I'm continually bemused at how long he's been able to keep his scam going down in Texas.

He's like McCarthy without any notable success.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Ninjeff wrote: »

I'm continually bemused at how long he's been able to keep his scam going down in Texas.

He's like McCarthy without any notable success.

To be fair, he's hasn't had a decent QB until very recently. Since he started, Ryan Fitzpatrick (12), Ryan Mallett (2), Case Keenum (2), Brian Hoyer (9), Ryan Mallett (4), T. J. Yates (2), Brandon Weeden (1), Brock Osweiler (14), Tom Savage (2), Tom Savage (7), Deshaun Watson (6), T. J. Yates (3). And before that, 8 years of Shaub.

You put any of those players on the Packers instead of Rodgers, and McCarthy would be extremely lucky to have a similar success to Billo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting Billo here. But I fucking loathe McCarthy for pissing away several chances for the Packers to have some more rings. I put at least two finals exits squarely on his shoulders. Especially that loss to the 2015 Seahawks. Fucking 2nd and Goal from the 1, two runs and a field goal? Fuck'n McCarthy.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I saw that earlier and was too mortified to dwell on it

1. Can Al Michaels even talk anymore
    2. Knowing that he’d be expected to out-Romo Romo, Manning would likely become the parody of himself he plays for those awful Nationwide commercials

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I wouldn’t really mind, I’ve always liked Manning and the guy was basically the OC and QB at the same time.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Cool, he can talk in the booth about all those steroids he totally wasn't taking.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Marathon wrote: »
    I wouldn’t really mind, I’ve always liked Manning and the guy was basically the OC and QB at the same time.

I like him too, but expectations would be nuts and we’ve already seen him “overact” quite a bit when on camera
    Cool, he can talk in the booth about all those steroids he totally wasn't taking.

Pppffffffftttthhhhhhbbbbbtttt

Pro Football is fucked up, down, and sideways re: drugs

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020

Hey, it was HGH that was sent to his wife.

I'd be more interested in hearing talk about him and his dad ruining a woman's career after Pey-Pey felt like teabagging one day at ol' Rocky Top.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Hey, it was HGH that was sent to his wife.

I'd be more interested in hearing talk about him and his dad ruining a women's career after Pey-Pey felt like teabagging one day at ol' Rocky Top.

Friend of mine waitressed in Indianapolis during his heyday and has some stories about him. They're not flattering.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    The CBA proposed by the NFL looks like it's using weed to stealth reinstitute slavery. They will stop all suspensions for recreational drugs, but the same testing procedure will stay in place. Fines remain in place, escalating as you incur positive tests, and they start at half a game check. So, congrats, you can smoke pot if you are willing to football for free.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The CBA proposed by the NFL looks like it's using weed to stealth reinstitute slavery. They will stop all suspensions for recreational drugs, but the same testing procedure will stay in place. Fines remain in place, escalating as you incur positive tests, and they start at half a game check. So, congrats, you can smoke pot if you are willing to football for free.

That's not what "slavery" means.

• Options

This seems like the wrong way to.approach the situation .

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I mean, it's the NFL's proposal so of course it would be the wrong way to go about it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

If you’re not allowed to do whatever you want at any time with zero oversight or consequences it’s basically the same thing as being forced to work on a sugar plantation in the 1800s.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    The policy is still bad but it's a significant step up from the existing policy, and calling it "slavery" is incorrect to a degree that is actively harmful to the argument against it.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

If you’re not allowed to do whatever you want at any time with zero oversight or consequences it’s basically the same thing as being forced to work on a sugar plantation in the 1800s.

Right, that's what I said. Or maybe, if you medicate yourself for football induced pain, the NFL wants the right to stop paying you, but retains the right to force you to continue playing.

• Options
    The NFL can't force a player to keep playing. They can just not show up.

You need to back away from the slavery comparison, because it fucking sucks.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Removing the suspensions but leaving the fine is a real bad look for the NFL. It is in no way comparable to chattel slavery, but definitely a bad look and they should drop the fines as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Since I actually have to go to work in little more than six hours, and I probably won't be thinking about anything but home and sleep, here are tomorrow's XFL games today!

Seattle at Houston, 2p EST, ABC

New York at Dallas, 5p EST, FOX

• Options
    XFL Today:

St Louis at DC, 3p EDT, FS1

Tampa Bay at Los Angeles, 9p EDT, ESPN

This discussion has been closed.