As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    GOATSE is the proper spelling. It was a play on phonetics with the domain name of cx

I don't doubt the Captain. I'm just not going to check.

One thing I forgot to consider with the Gronk trade. Pats fans are gonna be pissed.

"2020 f ing sucks"
    - Scott Zolak is the official color guy for Patriots radio, and from what little I've heard, is a complete homer dipshit.

So I partially rescind my earlier resentment of the Bucs.

The sadness that the Gronk trade on top of the Brady trade is going to add to the misery of the least cursed fanbase in sports over the last generation, will give me much entertainment.

Most colour guys are complete homer dipshits.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    The Pats have a bazillion picks and Belichick. It’s likely they are better in 2021 than the Bucs.

Belichick just needs to sign Jameis and make him not terrible as a final fuck you coup de grace

Or trade for Eli

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Elite SB champ Flacco, broken-but-still-young SB loser Cam, & genuinely weird, criminal, and historic Jameis all still available for the Pats

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Elite SB champ Flacco, broken-but-still-young SB loser Cam, & genuinely weird, criminal, and historic Jameis all still available for the Pats

Oh, I'm not betting against the Pats doing something smart (and/or shady) and remaining a powerhouse.

But until the season starts, this is the first time in the last decade I don't know that for sure.

So, I'm going to enjoy it a little. Given the rest of the world, it's one of my few happy thoughts. :)

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Cam going to the Pats would genuinely hurt my soul.

Also that happening after Saints QB Bridgewater coming to Carolina would just be .... like, is Matty Ice gonna replace Brees when he retires?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    yes but florida gronk is the best gronk
    Miami loves him; he's got the worst angles.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    At this point I almost feel obligated to root for the Pats.

Because everyone knows Belichick is a great hate inspiringly good coach. Like there's just not really any way to deny it.

But if Belichick works wonders after Brady and Gronk fuck off?

It will be so utterly delicious.

Every time a Pats fan says anything about Brady or Gronk I'll be able to just feast upon the bitter bile-ridden tears they're fighting back.

• Options

Because everyone knows Belichick is a great hate inspiringly good coach. Like there's just not really any way to deny it.

Every time a Pats fan says anything about Brady or Gronk I'll be able to just feast upon the bitter bile-ridden tears they're fighting back.

Nah, if the Bucs remain mediocre (or get worse), and the Pats continue to be a dominant force, New England fans categorically stating that they knew that it was always Belichick, and that Brady was just a system QB* will be the most predictable turn ever.

* After all, why did 32 teams, including the Pats, pass him up for 6 rounds, the Pats only took him because they needed any old chud. Because Belichick could have put anyone behind centre and made them work, duh.

It might take some time to break through two decades of entrenched Tawmy Boyism, but Pats fans do this a LOT with regards players that were great for them, went elsewhere, and weren't.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    As a Patriots fan, I'm happy for Gronk and Brady. I hope that they go undefeated in the regular season, shatter every offensive record, and then lose to the sixth seeded Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    As a Patriots fan, I'm happy for Gronk and Brady. I hope that they go undefeated in the regular season, shatter every offensive record, and then lose to the seventh seeded Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Fixed that for you.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It would not surprise me overmuch if New England was still considered a playoff team without a starting QB.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

So in your mind these Pats fans are fighting back tears because their team is still successful?

I’m as sick of the Pats as anyone but there’s some weird fan fiction going on here.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    johnny football is ready to embrace the patriot way

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Tim Tebow, rested and ready rusted and ruddy.

• Options
    Wait

The ultimate fuck you would be Eli

But the true Ultimate fuck you would be Kaep

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wait

The ultimate fuck you would be Eli

But the true Ultimate fuck you would be Kaep

Belicheck is a racist who supports Trump, he and Kraft are probably one reason Kaep can't get an NFL job.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    That’s why it would be true ultimate fuck you

Win a SB with him to prove he was good enough but you were the reason he couldn’t get work all along

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Now all you have to do is get Kaep to sign on with the team run by the guys that froze him out of the league.

He sure seems like a guy who'll swallow his pride and abandon his principles for money.

• Options
    The NFL Draft begins tonight. It will be done all online. Where nothing could possiblie go wrong.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    The NFL Draft begins tonight. It will be done all online. Where nothing could possiblie go wrong.

Why would things go wrong? Have you not seen the steps these perfectly normal people are taking to ensure everything goes smoothly?

#Seahawks GM John Schneider says team IT folks have knocked down two walls in his home to prep for him conducting the NFL draft from there. Says he has 25 screens installed in his home to track the draft

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Imagine your boss's boss's boss calls and says "I need you to knock down a wall in my house."

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    There were photos floating around Twitter of some setups used by GMs during the mock draft and Gettleman's was a 13 inch laptop and a 900 page binder

Edit: found it

Carpy on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I forgot this was tonight. I'm so scared as a Miami fan. Tua should drop, but he might not. And if not We're screwed.

Edit and I guess Miami's as serious about reading up. They called the Bengals multiple times. So burrows is #1.

RickRude on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Telesco’s setup is classy. Not the tech, just the room.

Gettleman has a bottle of lotion at his desk and I’m wondering if the laptop is even for the draft or for browsing certain erotica-themed web sites

You know, the ones that play Daniel Jones hype videos

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    I was also just reminded that Jerry Jones will be all by himself trying to work some technology to draft people without anyone to stop him from doing stupid shit...while drinking heavily

Conversely, perhaps Browns GM Andrew Berry will be able to draft free of influence from Haslem

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Apparently Tua's dad is a real piece of shit.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2018/12/03/tua-tagovailoa-says-dad-hit-him-belt-after-interceptions-espn-tom-rinaldi

Also, every time child beating comes up, there is always a disgustingly large influx of people defending child beating.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    GOATSE is the proper spelling. It was a play on phonetics with the domain name of cx

I don't doubt the Captain. I'm just not going to check.

One thing I forgot to consider with the Gronk trade. Pats fans are gonna be pissed.

"2020 f ing sucks"
    - Scott Zolak is the official color guy for Patriots radio, and from what little I've heard, is a complete homer dipshit.

So I partially rescind my earlier resentment of the Bucs.

The sadness that the Gronk trade on top of the Brady trade is going to add to the misery of the least cursed fanbase in sports over the last generation, will give me much entertainment.

Most colour guys are complete homer dipshits.

I've listened to Pats broadcasts before, their color guy is basically just an angry Boston dude yelling at the TV in a bar

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2018/12/03/tua-tagovailoa-says-dad-hit-him-belt-after-interceptions-espn-tom-rinaldi

Also, every time child beating comes up, there is always a disgustingly large influx of people defending child beating.

That's disgusting. Abuse because of mistakes in a game. Fuck him. I want Tua more now

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    There were photos floating around Twitter of some setups used by GMs during the mock draft and Gettleman's was a 13 inch laptop and a 900 page binder

Edit: found it

jesus gettleman's picture is like the most memeable "ok boomer" image ever

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options

Yep after Adrian Peterson beat his kids including hitting them in the penis and people were all "That's fine I'm ok with that." I've had a serious eye on literally everyone

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    It's time for the NFL Draft JAMBAROO.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    RickRude wrote: »

That's disgusting. Abuse because of mistakes in a game. Fuck him. I want Tua more now

I think Tua shares this mindset with his father

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

You wouldn't know what he really thinks because his father is a Joe Jackson level psychopath that uprooted his entire family to Alabama to better control his son instead of letting him become his own person.

The elder Tagovailoa is reason enough to pass on drafting Tua.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

You wouldn't know what he really thinks because his father is a Joe Jackson level psychopath that uprooted his entire family to Alabama to better control his son instead of letting him become his own person.

The elder Tagovailoa is reason enough to pass on drafting Tua.

Also, even if he expressed a similar mindset, there's the psychological phenomenon that leads abuse victims to be abusers, or at least a Stockholm-ish "It was for my own good".

Breaking that cycle of abuse isn't easy, especially if there isn't some kind of distancing of the abuser from the subjects of their abuse.

Is absolutely no excuse for the victim to continue the cycle (ie, fuck Tua if he ever lays a hand on a child or partner), but I can see why he might voice solidarity with his father, for one or several reasons.

• Options
    Yep.

• Options
    Tua is either a football robot who will be unfazed by anything because of this abuse, or he might struggle and be horribly unequipped to deal with it because of his upbringing

• Options
    I mean NFL coaches hear that and get rock hard. The idea that he's already pre broken for them is perfect.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Too bad nobody broke Baker beforehand amirite

• Options
    I mean other than Freddie Kitchens as head coach

• Options
    edited April 2020
    You guys sure are assuming a lot with Tua that or else you know him really well personally. If not you're just assuming and going with stereotypes. Even if most people who were abused abuse someone else it doesn't mean Tua will.

RickRude on
This discussion has been closed.