Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Get rid of the concept of “ineligible receivers”.

There’s no real reason for it except to oppress the fat man.

Big Dude touchdowns are my favorite things. Especially the Big Dude rushing touchdown or the creme de la creme, the Big Dude Pick 6.

I love me some big dude pick 6. Like some big chonky center gets the ball and proceeds to rumble down the field while tiny men bounce off his girth.

Followed up by the shot of said lineman on the bench getting oxygen.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Piesman enthusiasts here

• Options
    NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    Fun times! UPDATE 11:30 a.m. ET: The NFL released the following statement: “​The Steelers-Titans game, originally scheduled for Sunday at 1 p.m. ET, will be rescheduled to allow additional time for further daily COVID-19 testing and to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel. Details on the new game date and time on either Monday or Tuesday will be announced as soon as possible.”

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Anybody else’s fantasy teams actually doing any special rules for postponements?

We aren’t worried about this weekend, this is more than enough notice that “figure it out” is a reasonable response. But we were trying to figure out if we want some kind of plan in place to deal with a SNF or MNF cancellation announced after the rest of Sunday has played. Because in that case, you may not be able to find an alternate player, and your bench will have played.

Or do we leave it as “sucks to be you” as a nod to the very real, devastating, and unpredictable impacts this disease has and a reminder that maybe playing football outside a bubble was a fucking stupid idea.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Anybody else’s fantasy teams actually doing any special rules for postponements?

We aren’t worried about this weekend, this is more than enough notice that “figure it out” is a reasonable response. But we were trying to figure out if we want some kind of plan in place to deal with a SNF or MNF cancellation announced after the rest of Sunday has played. Because in that case, you may not be able to find an alternate player, and your bench will have played.

Or do we leave it as “sucks to be you” as a nod to the very real, devastating, and unpredictable impacts this disease has and a reminder that maybe playing football outside a bubble was a fucking stupid idea.

Lots of “IR” slots that we were supposed to use only for COVID stuff but that we all abused immediately with your Michael Thomases and CMCs

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Ha yeah we have the IR slots too. But those do fuck-all when a game becomes a bye.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    That last pass to Kelce gives Mahomes 10,005 yards. 33 games va 36 games for Kurt Warner.

If anything, this feels like a reminder of how good Warner and the Greatest Show on Turf was.

Oh god, yes. Bruce and Holt that ran razor sharp routes or could just run past you, and Marshall Faulk, the Madden cheat-code of the early 00's.

They were a beautiful thing to watch. I'm not sure I appreciated it at the time.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I feel like tonight's game is destined to be something like a 4-4 tie heading into the fourth quarter that'll get people excited about a chance for a Scorigami, but it ends 10-10 after two field goals and a TD with a missed extra point.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    The Jets might be bad at football but at least they are also undisciplined

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    The Jets might be bad at football but at least they are also undisciplined

All the Broncos won was a longer shot at drafting Trevor Lawrence.

How can you have any pride in beating that team.

• Options
    I forgot there was even a game tonight

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    that was the most garbage football game i've witnessed not involving the lions
    i'll be surprised if adam gase still has a job by the end of the weekend

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    that was the most garbage football game i've witnessed not involving the lions
    i'll be surprised if adam gase still has a job by the end of the weekend

He was horrible in miami, why a division rival who knew this would hire him I'll never know.ih, wait, it's the jets. The only team more incompetent than the dolphins in the east. We got lucky with marino and the coke story, if not for him, this team would have been the most mediocre team ever since 84.

• Options
    like they managed to lose to a team who's QB they picked 3 times (one of which was a pick 6) and is missing basically everybody who's anybody on that team (Lock, Sutton, Lindsay, Von Miller)

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Guys I think Sam Darnold is bada USC QB

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Guys I think Sam Darnold is bada USC QB

But a decent USC RB, apparently.

• Options
    Cam has the rona

• Options
    Goddammit Cam.

Newton has covid, the Pats have delayed their flight to KC because most of the team and coaches will now need to be tested...

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This is *all* spiraling out of control.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Goddammit Cam.

Newton has covid, the Pats have delayed their flight to KC because most of the team and coaches will now need to be tested...

Man imagine this news coming out now and it not being the major covid story. Fucking crazy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Goddammit Cam.

Man imagine this news coming out now and it not being the major covid story. Fucking crazy.

Also NFL statement says positive tests on both teams.

We gonna wait til a player dies to admit this doesn't work?

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Goddammit Cam.

Why would that stop them?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Goddammit Cam.

The PR of a player dying would be terrible, and would likely impact merchandise sales and advertiser revenue.

Believe me, I'm not saying they'd care a bit about the actual life involved.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Goddammit Cam.

Eh, probably depends on which player it is...

• Options
    Of course, I say this all after I scrape the waiver wire because I've gotta cover Mahomes, Edwards-Helaire, and Edelman. My hypocrisy is impressive.

But I tell myself that's about connecting with friends since they're playing anyway. I would 100% support suspending play outright.

• Options
    Trump has covid. Can has covid. Kraft is a big Trump supporter. There's a conspiracy here

• Options
    edited October 2020
    In all seriousness hope it doesn't spread and hope cam ends up ok. I knew playing this season was a mistake. I'm surprised the nba and nhl got away with it, but they had precautions in place such as the bubble. Unfortunately you can't do that in the nfl for a 16 week season.

Edit just went to espn to read about it. I guess 3 more titans players tested positive for covid. Fuck this isn't going to end well.

RickRude on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Goddammit Cam.

The PR of a player dying would be terrible, and would likely impact merchandise sales and advertiser revenue.

Believe me, I'm not saying they'd care a bit about the actual life involved.

Maybe if it's a white quarterback. My cynicism re: the NFL knows no bounds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    In all seriousness hope it doesn't spread and hope cam ends up ok. I knew playing this season was a mistake. I'm surprised the nba and nhl got away with it, but they had precautions in place such as the bubble. Unfortunately you can't do that in the nfl for a 16 week season.

Edit just went to espn to read about it. I guess 3 more titans players tested positive for covid. Fuck this isn't going to end well.

You can absolutely bubble the NFL down to a handful of stadiums and a couple of scheduling changes.

Since scheduling boils down to - 6 games in division, 4 games vs NFC division (rotating), 4 games vs AFC division (rotating) and 2 random games I forget criteria for you can essentially do the whole schedule as 3 bubbles with bye weeks in between where you play each division round robin style with an in division game or two sprinkled in to space those out. 3rd bubble is those last 2 games.

With 4 games in each bubble each week you could just get 2 nearby stadiums to service each bubble.

• Options
    I think the act of traveling is the biggest risk factor for nfl players and mlb players who have only had one incident I believe . Wish they would have done a condensed season and a bubble. You're not allowing fans for the most part so you're relying on tv deals anyways. Who cares about home and away?

• Options
    RedTide wrote: »

You can absolutely bubble the NFL down to a handful of stadiums and a couple of scheduling changes.

Since scheduling boils down to - 6 games in division, 4 games vs NFC division (rotating), 4 games vs AFC division (rotating) and 2 random games I forget criteria for you can essentially do the whole schedule as 3 bubbles with bye weeks in between where you play each division round robin style with an in division game or two sprinkled in to space those out. 3rd bubble is those last 2 games.

With 4 games in each bubble each week you could just get 2 nearby stadiums to service each bubble.

The two 'random' games are games scheduled with teams in the other two divisions who finished in the same position.

• Options
    Man I read that the chief that tested positive is the scout qb for cam newton. Man that's dedication, good hustle son.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Man I read that the chief that tested positive is the scout qb for cam newton. Man that's dedication, good hustle son.

Seattle being in, ahead of the curve for proactive COVID-19 testing since the jump, protected the Hawks something fierce.

• Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Seattle being in, ahead of the curve for proactive COVID-19 testing since the jump, protected the Hawks something fierce.

Well really its the lowest rung on this chain that gets you infected that's the problem with covid. You can be safe, you can do most of the right things, and some asshole who isn't can give it to you the one time you screw up and touch the wrong door nob or go to the wrong place.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    this is why we all need the andy reid mask

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

The two 'random' games are games scheduled with teams in the other two divisions who finished in the same position.

Ah so then you can easily do a 3rd set of bubbles as well.

Seriously all they would have had to do is add 2 weeks onto the season to account for transmission due to travel and they would have cut their odds of borking the season a ton

• Options
    The fucking tease of this season seeming to go so well

Per source, the Saints, who are in Detroit, have a player who has tested positive for COVID-19. Testing currently is occurring of those who were in contact with the player, who was on the flight from New Orleans.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Somehow the Lions will still manage to lose the soon to be cancelled game

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Somehow the Lions will still manage to lose the soon to be cancelled game

Matt Patricia is going to send an email expressing his condolences about the COVID diagnosis to the Saints and he's going to CC: Goodell, the media, and Belichick, but he'll misspell "condolences" as "concession."

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Please, the Lions would use snail mail.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
This discussion has been closed.