Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Twenty-one unanswered points for Cleveland.

Hey! SUPERGENIUS! You don't get to face Dan Quinn twice this year!

Was gonna ask what the fuck the Cowboys were doing.

Guess McCarthy doesn't know what the fuck to do with only an above average QB. Is abundantly clear that Mike's success was on the coattails of Rodgers, if not dragging him down.

Assuming Cleveland don't Browns this up, Dallas is one ridiculous onside kick against a fucking stupid opposing special teams, from being 0-4.

That warms my heart. NFC East have to be the worst Division in football now, top to bottom, right? I'm thinking 6 and 10 wins it.

There was some graphic on some pre-game show this morning that said Prescott was the first QB since 1950 to throw for 1500 yards and some other offense stats in the first three games. The debate was if the team was relying on him too much.

So, pretty sure The Beav's only move is to rely on his QB for everything. Cool.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    What's with Chicago wearing orange jerseys? I thought the Colts were playing the Broncos.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You're up 14-6 Allen, just take the fucking sack.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »
    It was nice that we were competitive last season in miami, but I still wish we would have just lost like we were supposed to to get the #1 pick. It's ok, I'm all in with tua, hopefully it works out. But burrow looks legit..... We're 1-3, the season isn't lost, hell we could still win the division.

But at some point you give up and just give tua the experience if he's healthy right? See what you got? I just don't understand going 7-9 when you're rebuilding anyways.

Mathematically, maybe. But I think anything short of a metaphorical meteor has the Bills and Pats fighting for first and second.

As long as the team isn't garbage (looks at Snoopydome and sad laughs), which they don't appear to be given their performace, then get Tua the reps to know if he's "your guy", or if he's going to be a Trubisky.

I mean if the Dolphins sucked, then you're putting him in a Darnold situation where you can't properly evaluate. But that doesn't appear to be the case. And if he's something special (and we seem to get one of those every couple years, see Wentz, Mahomes, Jackson), then maybe I'm wrong with where the Dolphins might end up.

Fitzpatrick might get you near the ring, but he's unlikely to grab it for you.

Meteor? Or covid in the case of cam and the patriots. fuck covid.

That's what I mean. Not necessarily the same chance as a meteor. But the consequence of it, taking out significant portions of the teams. Honestly don't think the loss of a single player, even Cam, would have the Pats not being at least competitive.

Fucking annoys me how lucky AND good the Pats continue to be.

I think I need to stop talking during games.

Allen walking back to the locker rooms in the Bills game. Which doesn't completely destroy them, but may take them out of contention.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What's with Chicago wearing orange jerseys? I thought the Colts were playing the Broncos.

Look, just go to nflshop.com and buy some fucking jerseys!

• Options

Hypothetically, if I was going to buy a Bears jersey, I'd buy the blue one. I'd keep buying blue ones for any player who I wanted to support. If I wanted to buy a second one for a single player, I'd buy the white one.

I say hypothetically, because even if I considered buying a Bears jersey, there's noone on the roster I give a shit enough about that I'd want a jersey for.

• Options

Hypothetically, if I was going to buy a Bears jersey, I'd buy the blue one. I'd keep buying blue ones for any player who I wanted to support. If I wanted to buy a second one for a single player, I'd buy the white one.

I say hypothetically, because even if I considered buying a Bears jersey, there's noone on the roster I give a shit enough about that I'd want a jersey for.

If you aren't buying all the alternates, then you are a terrible fan of footbaw.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Rivers is severely misthrowing some passes in this game. I think this year might be it for both Rivers and Brees.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

So stephen A smith had some thoughts on the cowboys game

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    So stephen A smith had some thoughts on the cowboys game

whenyouagreewiththevillaindipshit.gif

• Options
    I don't always like what Stephen A Smith has to say, but his love of making fun of the cowboys has always been something I enjoy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Josh Allen seems like a good QB now that he has some talent around him but he's still a huge dumbass. He took a sack when he could've easily thrown the ball away on a 3rd-and-18 that turned a manageable 46yd FG into a punt, when they're up by 14.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Hmm what's the game tonight? Might have to turn to it but I'm happy watching nerds play esports as I catch up fron lol world's 2020

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Eagles vs Niners' benchwarmers.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Buffalo is legit as all hell now. They are winning the AFC East for the next decade.

Bonus points if Buffalo meets Dallas in a future Superbowl In the next three years so they can Curbstomp the Boys for revenge.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Buffalo is legit as all hell now. They are winning the AFC East for the next decade.

Bonus points if Buffalo meets Dallas in a future Superbowl In the next three years so they can Curbstomp the Boys for revenge.

Hol up here, hol up

They have beaten the Jets, Dolphins (barely), Rams (barely), and Raiders. Those teams are combined 5-10.

They still have:
    Tennessee
    KC
    Pats x2
    Seattle
    SF
    Pittsburgh

• Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Next decade. Wow, you a homer. Pats still have bill, and cam from right now.

Miami is rebuilding and may have an elite qb depending on how he recovers from injury.

Bills look good and promising

Jets are being the jets.

But c'mon man, you know the pats are gonna find a way to still win the division whether covid hits can or not. It bill belecheck and he's done it without brady before, putting up an 11-5 season if I believe.

And while miami is rebuilding, they play stupid at times against division rivals even when they suck. And tua could be the steal of the draft.

Get out of the nuclear power plant homer, the bills are still the bills and do you really trust them?

Please don't bet in them, would hate for you to lose your house......

*Silently, somewhere, "wide right', is said *

• Options
    Also, given his play style, Josh Allen seems like he's seeking out injury. Maybe he'll have Cam's career length, but could be much shorter.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I don't always like what Stephen A Smith has to say, but his love of making fun of the cowboys has always been something I enjoy.

It's not what he says that bother me, it's how he says it. Screamin' A Smith makes eating a cookie unbearably loud and that's coming from a guy that's losing his hearing.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Yeah you own a division for a decade either by being a Belichick and/or having the rest of your division a bunch of sad sacks, and not only are the Dolphins and Pats looking to be pretty good, but one of them actually has Belichick

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Yeah you own a division for a decade either by being a Belichick and/or having the rest of your division a bunch of sad sacks, and not only are the Dolphins and Pats looking to be pretty good, but one of them actually has Belichick

Fun reminder: The Texans are 0-4 and the Dolphins have their first and second round picks next spring.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

quick someone get jerry jones to sign kwame brown

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

quick someone get jerry jones to sign kwame brown

DL..
    You and I both know, jerrah is gonna trade Dak For Baker straight up.

Only to see Dak lead the Browns to a Superbowl.

Then Jerry Dies.

END

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So is four games of this absolute fucking travesty enough to fire Nolan and give McCarthy a good slap for ever thinking this guy was worth bringing in? Like shit, Jerry could bring in his grandkid to be DC and he'd probably be only AS BAD.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    So is four games of this absolute fucking travesty enough to fire Nolan and give McCarthy a good slap for ever thinking this guy was worth bringing in? Like shit, Jerry could bring in his grandkid to be DC and he'd probably be only AS BAD.

Holy fucking shit, Mike Nolan from pre Jim Tomsula days?

Fucking A, Jerrah really still thinks of picking off former , 49ers to join the Boys like he's still living the 90's.....

Oh, wait.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Kinda pissed at Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth for being little assholes about having to wear masks

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    Kinda pissed at Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth for being little assholes about having to wear masks

Five words too many.

• Options
    Twenty-one unanswered points for Cleveland.

Hey! SUPERGENIUS! You don't get to face Dan Quinn twice this year!

Was gonna ask what the fuck the Cowboys were doing.

Guess McCarthy doesn't know what the fuck to do with only an above average QB. Is abundantly clear that Mike's success was on the coattails of Rodgers, if not dragging him down.

Assuming Cleveland don't Browns this up, Dallas is one ridiculous onside kick against a fucking stupid opposing special teams, from being 0-4.

That warms my heart. NFC East have to be the worst Division in football now, top to bottom, right? I'm thinking 6 and 10 wins it.

There was some graphic on some pre-game show this morning that said Prescott was the first QB since 1950 to throw for 1500 yards and some other offense stats in the first three games. The debate was if the team was relying on him too much.

So, pretty sure The Beav's only move is to rely on his QB for everything. Cool.

As a follow up, apparently Prescott is now the first QB to throw for 425+ yards in three consecutive games. I suppose that's one way to get out of paying him. Make him throw his arm off and then trade for Mitch Trubisky.

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

I missed SNF (work related).

Context for this pissy attitude? Given that three games have had to be moved, and what, a dozen people have tested positive, and the President remains a dickhead regarding example setting, is setting an example in one of the highest rated live shows on television REALLY that hard an ask?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Wow. BoB beat out Gase and Patricia to be the first coach fired this year.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Wait, what?

Also, who the fuck would want that job. Either of those jobs.

"Yeah, so not only does the team mostly suck, the previous guy sold off half the talent AND mortgaged the future to do so. So... interested?

• Options

Wait, what?

"Yeah, so not only does the team mostly suck, the previous guy sold off half the talent AND mortgaged the future to do so. So... interested?

There are two types of people who will apply for that job: the type that isn't qualified enough to recognize the reality of the situation, but confident enough to think they can turn it around, and the type that is qualified enough to recognize the reality of the situation and tells them so in the job interview. The latter should get the job, but won't. The former shouldn't, but will.

So, probably Adam Gase or Matt Patricia.

• Options
    Mike Leach he's fresh off a surprise victory in the SEC let him lead the texans to continued failure.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »

Wait, what?

There are two types of people who will apply for that job: the type that isn't qualified enough to recognize the reality of the situation, but confident enough to think they can turn it around, and the type that is qualified enough to recognize the reality of the situation and tells them so in the job interview. The latter should get the job, but won't. The former shouldn't, but will.

So, probably Adam Gase or Matt Patricia.

NFL coaches come almost exclusively from that first cohort tho

• Options
    Mike Leach he's fresh off a surprise victory in the SEC let him lead the texans to continued failure.

Also, he will finally prove that Craig James still killed those Hookers, once and for all!

• Options
    Any job you walk into where the QB position is settled is a good job opportunity.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    But a job where the previous idiot got rid of all your first round picks is not great.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    The Texans have the highest payroll in the NFL

I did not know that oh my god

• Options
    But a job where the previous idiot got rid of all your first round picks is not great.

When you say "all" you mean the next 1? I'd take the Texans job over the Jets just because Watson is known and Trevor Lawrence is not.

• Options
    I'm rooting for a horrible season so miami gets s couple high draft picks this year.

This discussion has been closed.