As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    So I guess I'm on Sargaranas now

• Options
    Cactuar
    Hey how long after a purchase does it take for an item to pop up in your mail? I bought me a big ol whale and want to use it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    can take like half an hour sometimes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    i like moenbryda
    oh come on

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Viera
    ahahahaha

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    Finished yokai last night and boy am I glad to be back to msq with my cat couch

• Options
    Lalafell
    i like moenbryda
    oh come on
    ftk422g8g7a0.gif

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Two consecutive EX trial runs:
    3LTuVXY.jpg

But still no mount.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    It's neat that when the MSQ intersects with class/job NPCs, the dialogue changes to recognize when you've put time in on that class/job. Almost makes me want to level up dragoon/astrologian before starting Heavensward, but then again, that's probably a decent chunk of time

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    dragoon is weird because an npc from those quests later becomes very important to the main story, and if you go back and level it later, it will just... pretend heavensward hasn't happened yet?

there's actually plenty of optional content that you just have to treat as being in its own little time bubble until you get to it (the 8-person arr raids, the monk quests, and the cooking crafter quests spring to mind) but the dragoon quests definitely get it the worst

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    dragoon is weird because an npc from those quests later becomes very important to the main story, and if you go back and level it later, it will just... pretend heavensward hasn't happened yet?

there's actually plenty of optional content that you just have to treat as being in its own little time bubble until you get to it (the 8-person arr raids, the monk quests, and the cooking crafter quests spring to mind) but the dragoon quests definitely get it the worst
    You can also get quests from people who are... dead. So...

• Options
    Roegadyn
    admanb wrote: »

You can also get quests from people who are... dead. So...
    wait, who?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Started playing again, heard about dang ol' Yo-kai coming back, and now I need all the weapons

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular

In general, the game considers any quest from a certain expansion to take place during that expansion, regardless of when you actually do it. So even if you're in Shadowbringer content, if you accept a quest that has the Heavensward musical jingle, you can assume it took place back during Heavensward.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The Dwarf beast tribe quests are a weirdly current example of this
    they're all about building tanks to protect caravans against sin eaters but uhhhhh we already dealt with that problem.

Like the only way these quests make sense timeline wise is if someone leveled up to 78-79, unlocked them, and then spent a couple weeks doing them instead of finishing the 5.0 story.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Au'ra
    turtleant wrote: »
    they're all about building tanks to protect caravans against sin eaters but uhhhhh we already dealt with that problem.

Like the only way these quests make sense timeline wise is if someone leveled up to 78-79, unlocked them, and then spent a couple weeks doing them instead of finishing the 5.0 story.

Post 5.0:
    Not entirely true - you've killed the lightwardens, and you've killed most of the sin eaters strong enough to create more presumably. But they haven't been entirely eradicated.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell

Killing the light wardens didn't get rid of sin eaters they're still around but far less of an issue than they used to be

• Options
    Viera
    Polaritie wrote: »

Post 5.0:
    Not entirely true - you've killed the lightwardens, and you've killed most of the sin eaters strong enough to create more presumably. But they haven't been entirely eradicated.
    their numbers are greatly thinned and they'll presumably all be killed by attrition over the next few decades without the lightwardens replenishing their numbers, but they're still around in the wilderness attacking people at random basically

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell

Post 5.0:
    their numbers are greatly thinned and they'll presumably all be killed by attrition over the next few decades without the lightwardens replenishing their numbers, but they're still around in the wilderness attacking people at random basically
    Also, it wasn’t the Lightwardens entirely replenishing their ranks. ANY sufficiently powerful Sin Eater can corrupt someone into one of their own if they’re left unchecked. We saw this with Tesleen, and also with otherwise random fodder Sin Eaters in Holminster Switch. Oh, and the Virtues, too.

If the remaining Sin Eaters aren’t dealt with, they could very well become nearly as much of a threat as before.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    we'll just kill 'em

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    And that’s why we want tanks. P

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Ok but
    don't they despawn all the sin eaters in the over world after you finish 5.0? Or am I misremembering and literally every time you fight sin eaters it's one of those purple ring to make enemies spawn deals?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Viera
    Ok but
    don't they despawn all the sin eaters in the over world after you finish 5.0? Or am I misremembering and literally every time you fight sin eaters it's one of those purple ring to make enemies spawn deals?

I do not recall anything like this happening

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Au'ra
    Ok but
    Huh, you know, I think they just never appear except for quest enemies and the leveling dungeons. Well played SE.

5.x 8-man raid series
    Also remember that we've deliberately kept the original sin eater around because it's useful, Ryne can control it, and it's totally not going to bite us in the ass in the last tier

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Thought I might be able to pound out the last few quests before the start of heavensward but the game wanted me to do these crystal tower raids first so I guess not!

• Options
    Viera
    you'll be glad you did them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Au'ra

The raids are pretty quick these days too, since the ilvl sync just utterly fails. Mechanics are basically optional in 80% of the fights even.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    We made it to Bahamut in ucob :)

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Cactuar
    Hit Ast level 51 tonight. PotD is such good xp

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I am 2 runs away from getting the mount from PotD, really need to get on that.

Gonna have to wait till after yo kai grind is done though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell

The raids are pretty quick these days too, since the ilvl sync just utterly fails. Mechanics are basically optional in 80% of the fights even.

No joke I spent more time watching the mechanics videos than it took to complete the raid

• Options
    Roegadyn
    you can basically autopilot through the first two crystal tower raids and the few mechanics you *do* need to worry about can be summed up in one sentence each

the third one still isn't hard but you do need to pay attention in most of the fights, to the point where veterans getting impatient or lazy are a far bigger threat to your success than new players not knowing what to do

• Options
    do all content in the game blind except ex/savage

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    /ultimate forgot that one

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    If I was in a static I think I'd rather do ex and savage blind since I really enjoy the process of figuring a fight out, but if you have to use PF for those like I do then ya 100% look that shit up before you do the fight.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    And honestly EX blind parties are fun too as long as you’re okay with incremental progress

• Options
    thinking about blind prog on light's rampant ok the screen turned white what did we learn

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Roegadyn
    sorry for the reddit link but this person has done a detailed breakdown of what specifically changed in the arr revamp

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/ifjlgl/comparison_of_25_and_255_before_and_after_patch/

this link is the final part, links to previous parts are at the bottom of the post

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Even though ARR zones have flying now do you still not learn it until Heavensward or can you fly around as soon as you get your chocobo

This discussion has been closed.