As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    SabreMau wrote: »
    The great downside of running Eden savage raids only one night per week on a specific timeslot seems to be that invariably we figure out something we didn't fully realize before, but only on the last pull of the night, and we get to wait a full week before we can try it again, which then leads to rustiness and mistakes while we spend most of the next session trying to catch up to where we were before. For our E6S:
    Last week it was realizing proper arrangement of Air Bump before Conflag Strike (had some mixed signals of if we were going N/E/S/W or NE/SE/SW/NW), and this week it was discovering that Hands of Hell tethers also inflict Lightheaded debuff during the charge toward tethered players and not just inflicting it in a small area around them. Apparently on the second set towards the end, the DPS are supposed to strafe 45 degrees to the side after the Air Bump circles drop, so they don't double-debuff the tanks and healers? Or some other method of staying clear of double-debuffing anyone with Concussion?

Also, when Raktapaksa creates the flame orbs and kicks them around, leaving only one safe spot, then aims at the tank (who's standing with the whole party there) with Hands of Flame to fill that safe spot with a Lightheaded debuff, what's the smoothest way to handle that? We've been using one tank invuln on that for now but it seems an awkward place in any case.
    Normally, during the very last DPS tethers, the DPS will stay in their positions or move slightly back after the air bumps resolve. The tanks and healers rotate so that they don't get hit by the charge. There's enough time for the DPS to run in after that without getting hit by the AOE left behind by the air bump.

I myself just cleared that fight last week, and am in a similar spot as you in that I have a static that only runs one night per week. I try to do as much research as possible so that everyone knows what we gotta do each week, but there's definitely stuff that comes up each week that we aren't ready for.
    Okay, so either tanks/healers rotate or DPS rotates, just so long as there's nobody else standing near the line going from the boss to the DPS. I think our group is going to go with DPS rotates. I also think we've identified this part as The Last Difficult Thing, as all that should be after that is the triple attack requiring the tank swap again, then Ferostorm, Ferostorm, knockback, DPS-race enrage. Once this is figured out, it just seems to be a case of making sure nobody dies and DPS is high enough.

Luckily, with my new video card, I can actually afford to record the entire fight, and so right after the abandon vote goes through, I can go look at the footage and notice, "Hey, two of the DPS got Lightheaded buff on the tank/healer lines. And I got Concussed by running to the center when I was nowhere near the DPS. What gives?"

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Did my first dungeon!

Noticed at one point in the chat "ugh he sucks can we boot him" and I was like OH GOD IS IT ME

It wasn't me, the tank went AFK two rooms back

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Did my first dungeon!

Noticed at one point in the chat "ugh he sucks can we boot him" and I was like OH GOD IS IT ME

The 14 community in general way more accommodating than most other MMOs

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    setting up a system where it's considered normal to wind up in a queue with leveling dungeons goes a long way, i think

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Okay, so either tanks/healers rotate or DPS rotates, just so long as there's nobody else standing near the line going from the boss to the DPS. I think our group is going to go with DPS rotates. I also think we've identified this part as The Last Difficult Thing, as all that should be after that is the triple attack requiring the tank swap again, then Ferostorm, Ferostorm, knockback, DPS-race enrage. Once this is figured out, it just seems to be a case of making sure nobody dies and DPS is high enough.

Luckily, with my new video card, I can actually afford to record the entire fight, and so right after the abandon vote goes through, I can go look at the footage and notice, "Hey, two of the DPS got Lightheaded buff on the tank/healer lines. And I got Concussed by running to the center when I was nowhere near the DPS. What gives?"
    Yeah, that's fine. One of the fun things about running with statics is that you can alter strategies to whatever the group is most comfortable doing, rather than just doing whatever the most common party finder strategies are.

That being said, with our group, we're going to start having a few of us run the first couple fights mid-week so that we don't have to spend any time on Ramuh or whatever in our actual raid time. Since there'll be some amount of party finder for that, we do have to be familiar with normal strategies. So for E6S for example, my static basically ignores the Strike Spark mechanic so that we can keep uptime on the boss, but most party finder groups actually do that mechanic properly.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Did my first dungeon!

i like to go "ugh i can't believe this person" and then "sorry, wrong channel" just to keep people on edge

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    With so many of us spread across different FCs and servers, it occurred to me that a Linkshell and/or Fellowship might be cool. So I went ahead and made one of each. The Linkshell is an active chat channel, while the Fellowship is more like a message board that shows the last 100 posts, with the benefit that you don't have to be online when something is posted to see it.

The Linkshell is just "Social Entropy", and the Fellowship is "PAX Eorzea - Social Entropy". Both are tied to the Sargatanas server on Aether data center, but I believe characters from any server on Aether can join. My main character is Siege Zabac on Sargatanas, and I'm pretty sure that's where most of the rest of you are as well. So hit me up here, or message Siege Zabac in game if you want to join. I'm opening things up to any current or former Forum folk, and forum rules seem like a good model for conduct, at least for now.

What hours are you usually online? I don't play as much right now, but plan to start logging in more on Monday when the Mogtome event starts. I haven't seen you online the few times I've been on recently, so couldn't send a request. I'm Lars Theodan.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    setting up a system where it's considered normal to wind up in a queue with leveling dungeons goes a long way, i think

It's more or less the best xp/time to just hit that daily leveling roulette. Sometimes you hit the jackpot and get Ifrit Normal too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Did my first dungeon!

i like to go "ugh i can't believe this person" and then "sorry, wrong channel" just to keep people on edge

mods?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    0b8yk5q77b36.jpg

200 roulettes on GNB later... now just another 100 to go...

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Comahawk wrote: »
    0b8yk5q77b36.jpg

47 on my PLD, I cut a lot more of it off when I finished running Seiryu and got the doggo... 96 totems before I won it.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Miqo'te
    Oh, that's what the GNB model looks like. Don't think I've seen one in the wild.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Comahawk wrote: »
    0b8yk5q77b36.jpg

47 on my PLD, I cut a lot more of it off when I finished running Seiryu and got the doggo... 96 totems before I won it.

My plan is to get them all... it's a bad plan that will take me years, but it's my plan. I should start grinding for doggos and dragons though, that would be a faster way to do this.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Just did the first three dungeons last night and boy they sure dump you with experience, huh

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Just did the first three dungeons last night and boy they sure dump you with experience, huh

Your biggest bottleneck while leveling your first character is not actually going to be level, it's gonna be the story quests.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    rhylith wrote: »

Your biggest bottleneck while leveling your first character is not actually going to be level, it's gonna be the story quests.

but it will also be level sometines, especially when the a level 46 quest is immediately followed by a level 49 one

of all of the things the 2.x revamp is meant to smooth out, I see that as the most important one

• Options
    Roegadyn
    They've said that they're drastically increasing the xp from MSQ quests even from 1-50, so I kind of suspect a pattern of being perpetually overlevelled for the content to avoid any XP bottlenecks

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    When is this next revamp set to drop?

• Options
    Roegadyn

No date yet, but roughly 1 month-ish if the pattern repeats itself.

They're starting an event on Monday where running certain content will award you with tokens you can use to purchase things like mounts and cosmetic gear; stuff that is typically obtained by rare drops, or farming, or previously timed exclusives. In the past when that's happened, it's ran for about a month and ends when the next major patch drops.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Leveling an archer/bard, and I was not expecting to get a full range of instruments to jam on. Just wish they were available in dungeons so I could slap the bongos while waiting on cutscenes.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Roegadyn

hard to say, 5.3 is being delayed indefinitely by covid, and optimistic estimates put it somewhere in late july

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i'm so mad at you because i thought it had been delayed from may to june not june to july aaaahhhhh

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    bear in mind that's if they get the working from home situation sorted!

on the live letter they were pretty clear that it might be longer

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    This Alphinaud dude is a little twerp

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    This isn't a super useful tip, but if you play during off hours for your server / ~~DPS queues~~ / hate people? -- GC squadron runs give the moogle tomestones too.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    that's actually extremely useful because aurum vale gives a lot of tomes and squadron AIs are immune to all of the debuffs and poisons that normally make that dungeon such a pain

I'm serious, squadrons make AV piss (heh) easy

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    apparently one of the PvP modes is really good too

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/glycu4/moogle_treasure_trove_event_is_now_live_i_created/fr0m5o5/
    Hidden Gorge (the Rival Wings map, a more moba-styled, mech-based PvP that's different from the usual Frontline PvP) is by far the most efficient means of grinding out tomes.

The queues will be very fast, and the match timer is only 20 minutes--but most games end faster, with some taking a few as eight minutes! And instead of the 24v24v24 of Frontlines, there's only two teams of 24 in Rival Wings--so you've got even odds on winning. The high win rate combined with the quick queues and short match times means you can make some fairly decent XP for your alt jobs in the process. Remember, you get XP for the class you queue with, not the one you switch to or play in the match.

It should be easily doable to get 100 wins for the Rival Wings and Hidden Gorge mounts over the Moogle Tome event's duration if you play a few matches a day, and you'll wind up with an obscene amount of Irregular Tomes for the event in the process. Use the excess to buy the market-tradeable stuff and get millions of gil off your MBs!

• Options
    that's actually extremely useful because aurum vale gives a lot of tomes and squadron AIs are immune to all of the debuffs and poisons that normally make that dungeon such a pain

Every few runs the NPC healer will be too close for Coincounter's full circle swing and get instakilled, and the NPC tank likes to point Miser's Mistress at the party, but it's a pretty easy run yeah. 15-20m.

Hidden Gorge or well run BLU Aurum Vale runs are probably the most efficient.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    But I don't know how to moba.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Anzekay wrote: »
    apparently one of the PvP modes is really good too

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/glycu4/moogle_treasure_trove_event_is_now_live_i_created/fr0m5o5/
    Hidden Gorge (the Rival Wings map, a more moba-styled, mech-based PvP that's different from the usual Frontline PvP) is by far the most efficient means of grinding out tomes.

The queues will be very fast, and the match timer is only 20 minutes--but most games end faster, with some taking a few as eight minutes! And instead of the 24v24v24 of Frontlines, there's only two teams of 24 in Rival Wings--so you've got even odds on winning. The high win rate combined with the quick queues and short match times means you can make some fairly decent XP for your alt jobs in the process. Remember, you get XP for the class you queue with, not the one you switch to or play in the match.

It should be easily doable to get 100 wins for the Rival Wings and Hidden Gorge mounts over the Moogle Tome event's duration if you play a few matches a day, and you'll wind up with an obscene amount of Irregular Tomes for the event in the process. Use the excess to buy the market-tradeable stuff and get millions of gil off your MBs!

oh more info on this btw:
    Short list of Rival Wings Rewards:

Below 80:

5 Moogle Tomestones

50 Poetics (only above level 50)

1000 Wolf Marks (Win) or 500 Wolf marks (Loss)

a nice Junk of EXP on whatever job you queue as

Work towards the 100 Win Achievement for the 2x Magitek Avenger Mounts

If your queue job is 80:

5 Moogle Tomestones

50 Poetics

50 Phantasmagoria

20 Allegory

1000 Wolf Marks (Win) or 500 Wolf marks (Loss)

Work towards the 100 Win Achievement for the 2x Magitek Avenger Mounts

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »
    But I don't know how to moba.

It's easy enough to learn really. There are big indicators for when any objective is up, and otherwise it's basically mech pushes. And you get to pilot Brute Justice, which ought to be enough incentive.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te

Wait can you get tomes through squadron? I thought it was DF only

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

Wait can you get tomes through squadron? I thought it was DF only

Confirmed it this morning.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I think it's been df only before, either something bugged or they changed their minds

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    Pretty excited to finish up leveling dragoon with this event. I want to start Astr, but I have like 0 year at level 30 for it

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Dude in my MSQ roulette earlier today: "If Lahabrea jacks off, does Thancred count it as masturbation, or a handjob?"

Other dude in the roulette: "Thancred counts it as a marriage proposal, the lonely bastard."

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    it's always been doable with squadrons and every time i've said this everyone has said i'm wrong

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    it's always been doable with squadrons and every time i've said this everyone has said i'm wrong

i believe you

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    thank yoiu

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Rival Wings is the best right now... Played six rounds, won six rounds. No one knows what they are doing and it is the best for people like me trying to get our rival wings mounts. Just a little direction and my team steamrolls the other team. Going to be sad when people figure this PvP mode out in the next couple days.

Sat beside the enemy base in an oppressor and just hammered it with missiles, no one was even attacking me... it was bizarre. When the other team finally came to kill me (after getting about 7-8 missiles off), it was two other oppressors. My wife was asking why I was laughing.

This discussion has been closed.